Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243649 times)
g0ldm0ney10

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 04:00:39 PM

Man, the price of BTC rises and we fall.  Ethereum increases with bitcoin increase.  An article just posted:  Many think Ethereum is faster and more reliable than bitcoin, and could even supplant it as the pre-eminent digital currency.  Damn it looks like that ETH is going to be the next BTC.  It has gained so much exposure that more people know about it.  How can we do the same here for Verge.  If we are "the best" tech in the game, then why are we almost the lowest on the price and completely off https://coinmarketcap.com/.  ETH and others have grown.  What needs to be done here to do the same thing.  We used to be all active and saying a lot as a community and now no one is around much, posters haven't been posting much and seems like our steam has died down.   Huh Huh

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinhugger

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:50:28 AM

Man, the price of BTC rises and we fall.  Ethereum increases with bitcoin increase.  An article just posted:  Many think Ethereum is faster and more reliable than bitcoin, and could even supplant it as the pre-eminent digital currency.  Damn it looks like that ETH is going to be the next BTC.  It has gained so much exposure that more people know about it.  How can we do the same here for Verge.  If we are "the best" tech in the game, then why are we almost the lowest on the price and completely off https://coinmarketcap.com/.  ETH and others have grown.  What needs to be done here to do the same thing.  We used to be all active and saying a lot as a community and now no one is around much, posters haven't been posting much and seems like our steam has died down.   Huh Huh

Good point. It's frustrating to see excellent tech such as Verge not getting the exposure and acceptance it deserves. What can we do to improve this?

g0ldm0ney10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 10:48:25 PM

No one is saying much!!  Huh  What happened to everyone, the price got gutted and everyone left or what??  Where did everyone go and why so quite??  I am missing our community!!   Huh Huh

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:14:19 PM

Good point. It's frustrating to see excellent tech such as Verge not getting the exposure and acceptance it deserves. What can we do to improve this?

One helpful thing that can be done is for the Verge community to support this I2P proposal on Stack Exchange:

https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/99297/i2p

Although the proposal was posted by a Monero developer it is meant to benefit the entire I2P community which includes Verge.

If you are interested in the C++ I2P router project also happening now you can watch its progress here.
https://github.com/monero-project/kovri

A_McGriff

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:26:19 PM

One helpful thing that can be done is for the Verge community to support this I2P proposal on Stack Exchange:

https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/99297/i2p

Although the proposal was posted by a Monero developer it is meant to benefit the entire I2P community which includes Verge.

If you are interested in the C++ I2P router project also happening now you can watch its progress here.
https://github.com/monero-project/kovri

Hey TechorMarketing,

I'm not sure that the dev team really pays attention to the speculation thread. Can you also post that on the main thread so vergeDEV/dogedarkDEV can take a look? We're definitely open to good ideas in this community. main Verge thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894.0

I'll shoot him the link in IRC just to make sure he gets it as well.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:26:34 PM

No one is saying much!!  Huh  What happened to everyone, the price got gutted and everyone left or what??  Where did everyone go and why so quite??  I am missing our community!!   Huh Huh

Well I still have my buy orders in at 3 SAT. these coins are perfect for me. But cheap sell high. Its natural.

To peel or not to peel.
bitraine

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:26:21 PM

very quiet here, so what happened to this coin? any news about this coin? or the dev move on to other things.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:28:22 PM

The Dev is always around dont worry about that... all the ICO's, block halving and general crypto hype is keeping xvg quiet.

To peel or not to peel.
bitraine

Activity: 348

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:52:25 PM

its really nice to know that the dev is still active. this coin deserve to rise than the shitcoins stealing noobs money
g0ldm0ney10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 05:01:14 PM

Man only 21 more BTC to go before we see no bid again!!  Huh EEEKKK scary!! We need to really figure out a way to pick this up, way to many coins out there and these prices are way to low.  I don't even understand how or why people are selling right now at these levels?  I fee like if you are mining them and selling them, you have to be losing money at these prices?  Are people just impatient and don't want to wait anymore or what is there thinking?  If they keep selling we will be at no value, we need to all help get these prices higher instead of coming down every day!!  I guess people are probably scared because of the supply and looks like the larger holders and miners are in control on keeping the prices lower.

Wish there was a way to get our name out there to more people so we aren't just another shit coin and we can actually grow!!   Grin

giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:47:00 PM

miners are losing money at any level of value. for all the coins that has scrypt in it...and most of the ones that does sha etc...

I never can figure out how/why the price goes up or down.

but yes, miners are mining, then selling instantly.   maybe they have free electric?    if so, they are making money.

g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:01:52 PM

Man only 21 more BTC to go before we see no bid again!!  Huh EEEKKK scary!! We need to really figure out a way to pick this up, way to many coins out there and these prices are way to low.  I don't even understand how or why people are selling right now at these levels?  I fee like if you are mining them and selling them, you have to be losing money at these prices?  Are people just impatient and don't want to wait anymore or what is there thinking?  If they keep selling we will be at no value, we need to all help get these prices higher instead of coming down every day!!  I guess people are probably scared because of the supply and looks like the larger holders and miners are in control on keeping the prices lower.

Wish there was a way to get our name out there to more people so we aren't just another shit coin and we can actually grow!!   Grin

I moved my buy orders to 2 SAT this is AWESOME ")

To peel or not to peel.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 11:15:01 AM

Quiet because not much to say
First wdc, then karma, then syscoin....now verge...I just knew it would be different when I went all in to the tune of over 8 BtC.  Roll Eyes
Over a years worth of mining for me in various coin......including HashNest that I closed out to buy XVG.

Now can't hold on and can't let go.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:52:31 AM

not sure what the sudden change in posts are about...  its still the same price its been for a week or so.
5 buy and 6 sell.

The only diff i see, is more ppl are buying today.  (looking at the last transactions)

dont know if that helps or hurts..but there it is.

(im on ccex, maybe i should mention)

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
disam

Activity: 394

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:22:13 PM

verge dev team and community are one of the best in crypto tech. Maybe all they need are some traders...
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 04:24:13 PM

verge dev team and community are one of the best in crypto tech. Maybe all they need are some traders...

Absolutely no disagreement there.......exactly why why I thought it would at least go around 80~ 100 sats in its next stage.
Gotta hang with it no doubt.
Guaranteed that if I dumped....it would go to like 250 sats....LOL.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:08:40 PM

Absolutely no disagreement there.......exactly why why I thought it would at least go around 80~ 100 sats in its next stage.
Guaranteed that if I dumped....it would go to like 250 sats....LOL.  Grin

I agree with that!!! lol

I think POS will pump the price AND get people to hold. Its a no brainer really.

Why is this not an option? I mean really? It would pump it sky high

To peel or not to peel.
A_McGriff

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:49:30 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 10:14:20 PM by A_McGriff

Guaranteed that if I dumped....it would go to like 250 sats....LOL.  Grin

I agree with that!!! lol

I think POS will pump the price AND get people to hold. Its a no brainer really.

Why is this not an option? I mean really? It would pump it sky high

Gravitate do you ever talk to VergeDEV live in IRC? He's mentioned it a few times, that POS is a possibility but not until we are mining the last of the blocks.

In my opinion POS seems like a logical transition once we get to that point. I'm sure the community will have a chance to vote on it when that time comes.

---

Why is it not being discussed? I think Dev has always taken a one step at a time approach. There's a lot of other things he has lined up that he's been steadily working on and releasing. And jesus he JUST got done converting a scrypt coin to multi-algo across every OS you can think of. The man has a newborn on top of all that! He really is the best Dev in crypto and one of the soundest investment strategies is to invest in the quality of your CEO or in our case the quality of our DEV and his team which is undeniable.

This coin is going to reward patient long term investors. Buy now and hold, dont chase the pump.

_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:36:48 PM

I speak to him on skype. But his response is always - well the blocks are getting solved so why?

So anyway I stopped asking. I guess this coin is a long time coin and just wait for that to happen. I will still buy at 3sat as I know it will pump eventually and maybe one day become a decent currency on the deep web.

But I guess everyone is happy with the price around 3-4 sat with pumps up to 12 from time to time which it was like when dogecoindark

To peel or not to peel.
A_McGriff

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:48:19 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 12:03:27 AM by A_McGriff

I speak to him on skype. But his response is always - well the blocks are getting solved so why?

So anyway I stopped asking. I guess this coin is a long time coin and just wait for that to happen. I will still buy at 3sat as I know it will pump eventually and maybe one day become a decent currency on the deep web.

But I guess everyone is happy with the price around 3-4 sat with pumps up to 12 from time to time which it was like when dogecoindark

Yeah it's kind of hard to say while bitcoin is climbing, the price is higher than DogeD prices though just because BTC is worth 2-3x what it was last time we were in this low of a range, so we're still up relative to USD. Bitcoin price will probably retrace after its halving, maybe we will see some flow back into XVG at that point?

I'm definitely not happy with the price, lol, i think we should be trading the 20-30sat range right now. That's my present valuation. 5 sats is so overweight $XVG needs a forklift to pry its ass off the couch.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: