Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243692 times)
Fluffis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:32:32 PM

Just hold on. Dont bail on XVG too fast. Give it a few months.

Why is that? It doesn't do what it promises, it leaks ip-addresses: xvg.keff.org

further more implementation of wraith doesn't make it totally anonymous at all, look at this research where transactions can be deanonymized because amounts aren't hidden: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html in XVG amounts aren't hidden either and privacy is optional too...

This coin is only hype and marketing and almost nothing more, just another shitcoin really...

You do realize Wraith is live and you can toggle privacy on/off? If you compare the number of rows on that site from Jan 4th to today or yesterday, you can see that the transaction count is reduced by a lot. Maybe some users are not using the private ledger?
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:37:50 PM

Why is that? It doesn't do what it promises, it leaks ip-addresses: xvg.keff.org

further more implementation of wraith doesn't make it totally anonymous at all, look at this research where transactions can be deanonymized because amounts aren't hidden: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html in XVG amounts aren't hidden either and privacy is optional too...

This coin is only hype and marketing and almost nothing more, just another shitcoin really...

You do realize Wraith is live and you can toggle privacy on/off? If you compare the number of rows on that site from Jan 4th to today or yesterday, you can see that the transaction count is reduced by a lot. Maybe some users are not using the private ledger?

You should read the link I posted: optional privacy is bad, if you're one of the few using optional privacy on an otherwise public ledger you tend to stick out, certainly when the amounts aren't hidden...

Wraith has nothing to do with the ip-addresses by the way, wraith is about stealthaddresses used on the blockchain, so wraith does not have an impact on obfuscation of ip at all... So don't really know what you're on to here...

anyway, good luck, if I may give a tip, and please don't take this wrong... I don't think you did your due diligence, you just listened to what the dev-team of XVG says about the coin... but that's not correct! You should always research for yourself!

best regards,
StarLawl

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:53:02 PM

You should read the link I posted: optional privacy is bad, if you're one of the few using optional privacy on an otherwise public ledger you tend to stick out, certainly when the amounts aren't hidden...

Wraith has nothing to do with the ip-addresses by the way, wraith is about stealthaddresses used on the blockchain, so wraith does not have an impact on obfuscation of ip at all... So don't really know what you're on to here...

anyway, good luck, if I may give a tip, and please don't take this wrong... I don't think you did your due diligence, you just listened to what the dev-team of XVG says about the coin... but that's not correct! You should always research for yourself!

best regards,

The link you showed from xvg.keff.org has been disapproved by multiple people and articles as Fake News designed to spread FUD. Everyone who checked their transaction did not receive the correct IP - it attaches a random IP to each transaction. Why spread old fake news before you do your own DD? Im not repeating anything on other coins that I have not seen or tried myself first handed. All I Know is that I've transacted with multiple coins - Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, XVG and Ripple(Last one I am a bit ashamed of since it is a token). Of all of those, the fastest transactions was by far XVG.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:50:10 PM

best regards,

The link you showed from xvg.keff.org has been disapproved by multiple people and articles as Fake News designed to spread FUD. Everyone who checked their transaction did not receive the correct IP - it attaches a random IP to each transaction. Why spread old fake news before you do your own DD? Im not repeating anything on other coins that I have not seen or tried myself first handed. All I Know is that I've transacted with multiple coins - Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, XVG and Ripple(Last one I am a bit ashamed of since it is a token). Of all of those, the fastest transactions was by far XVG.
based on what you said, you can draw conclusions about what prospects this coin will have. But I very much hope that ETH will also be very popular among users. At least the conductivity of transactions on other platforms is much better than on Bitcoin.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:40:54 PM

Im invested in Verge since a little over six months now and cant complain. Its really a good coin in my opinion and Im highly confident that XVG will perform good in 2018. The community grows with every day. Im looking at a $.50 target in 2018.
Qnumber25

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:46:00 AM

Just Hodl
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:28:54 PM

That site seems to link transactions to the nodes that BROADCAST them. Which has no correlation with the wallet that created the transactions. Looks like FUD to me. You might as well just publish of all of the IPs of XVG nodes - how would that compromise anyone's privacy?
jeda2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:36:36 PM

Verge's technology may be good. But the price is very swollen. I have to be very careful when buying. It can be knocked down on a name.
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:41:44 PM

Verge's technology may be good. But the price is very swollen. I have to be very careful when buying. It can be knocked down on a name.

If the tech is good then why do you feel that the price is swollen? Of course it pumped highly from its previous value but that was on release of the wraith network. Do you not think it can reach previous ATH or higher?

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:12:46 PM

If the tech is good then why do you feel that the price is swollen? Of course it pumped highly from its previous value but that was on release of the wraith network. Do you not think it can reach previous ATH or higher?

Verge is a 3 years+ old coin. it really should have performed lot better. but it still struggles to reach only few cents!!
xxxx123abcxxxx

Activity: 548
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:34:41 AM

XVG/USD
https://redd.it/7q96dt

2018 Cryptocurrency Crash (Elliott Wave)
https://redd.it/7ptsg3

saidlik

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Czech altcoin newbie

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

I think we are going to see big upmove in coming days and by the end of the year the 1 dollar or maybe 2 are pretty possible, dont lose fait guys verge is soli coin

Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:52:49 AM

Buy the dips and hold for long (more than 1-2 years). That's what I try to do and it should work out long term.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:24:33 AM

verge is the playground of the whales. this current situation has been repeated time and time again. verge rises... we all get excited then some shit dumps a load of coins on the market. square one is pretty much xvg’s stable position and i wouldn’t bother getting involved again.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:49:49 AM

Verge is a 3 years+ old coin. it really should have performed lot better. but it still struggles to reach only few cents!!
wo what does it mean mate?that rhe coins really has no future?lol

Actually i dont know this coin and had just seen this now so i try to check it up just to find that after several years still no good outcome.i wonder why those capitalist staying their trust on the said coins when we cant see good updates from the dev itself.

So to the fanatics of this coin sad to say but i think its time to give up.or else you will spend whole your life waiting for this to grow
counterplay

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Quote from: Getcoinsite link=topic=1366103.msg281045[font=Verdana
00#msg28104500 date=1515926989]
wo what does it mean mate?that rhe coins really has no future?lol

Actually i dont know this coin and had just seen this now so i try to check it up just to find that after several years still no good outcome.i wonder why those capitalist staying their trust on the said coins when we cant see good updates from the dev itself.

So to the fanatics of this coin sad to say but i think its time to give up.or else you will spend whole your life waiting for this to grow

So what do you expect, that a coin goes up in a straight line? Good luck finding that coin.
If you had invested in Verge exactly one year ago you would now have made a bit more than 8000x your investment.
I wouldn't call this "you will spend whole your life waiting for this to grow".
And regarding the updates from the devs, Wraith has just been released and is quite innovative because you can choose between private and public transactions.
What Verge always have been though is very variance-heavy with short periods where it spikes hard and long periods going sideways/downward.
So this is more for the longterm holder than for people looking to make a quick buck.
holly.ball8

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:47:15 PM

I think we are going to see big upmove in coming days and by the end of the year the 1 dollar or maybe 2 are pretty possible, dont lose fait guys verge is soli coin
Still have very high hope in Verge.
xshadowx

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:01:26 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 12:15:30 PM by xshadowx

There is an interview with Forbes and the main Dev (sunerok) coming hopefully this month, the interview is already done is up to Forbes to release it. More exchanges are coming really soon and by March we should have the new webpage running with the new roadmap and all the wallets updated.

Luck Light (one of the guys in Verge and admin of the Telegram group) made an interview on Saturday on Youtube, after that he said the prediction he had for XVG this year in the telegram group, the prediction was 10k satoshis.

I guess the price is gonna go up once the markets are open to new registrations.

And XVG appeared in one of the UK newspapers again:
https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/904697/cryptocurrency-news-latest-verge-ripple-bitcoin-value-soar-2018-money-finance
HitiinxMary

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:37:23 PM

The price got huge bump, but if we compare it with similar coins - Monero then this price still very cheap.
paul34

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:14:19 PM

HODL Verge XVG.. It'll touch $2 dollar in few months.. XVG Verge wraith technology was good..
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: