Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit Gambling for good?  (Read 69087 times)
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:31:34 PM

This depends on the intention, if you have big intention to quit gambling then this feels easy, but if there is never any serious intention then you will never stop gambling, besides filling the time with positive activities such as social, sports and so will make we are not thinking of gambling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:41:59 PM

I think iit's very difficult.
some of my friends have done everything can to get out completely from gambling.
But in the end they still play gambling at leisure. it is difficult, because gambling has become prt of life for people who never played.
No one says it's easy especially when you are in the situation.
But you have to be positive to have that change in your life, you won't be able to change and quit if you are not a positive
person who thinks that you can do it.
Well nothing's easy when giving up something you love to do but if its needed and we know its for good then we can do it slowly and you are right we should stay positive and tell ourselves that we can make it. We have our reason why we quit in the first place and that should be our inspiration.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:36:02 PM

There are many ways to stop that if everything is mentioned it will be very long. But the important thing is not the way, but the important thing is you, how strongly do you want to stop gambling? when there's still some doubt in you to stop gambling, you'll never stop. You must have read many ways to quit, and all that works, so it all depends on you again.

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:17:31 AM

You need someone to change you like an inspiration or you focus your attention in your family. You need something that can outweigh your addiction and you will treat this person or thing as more important than gambling.
Limiting one self and turning ones motivation to other things might help using as a deception to avoid the urge to play gambling. Sometimes, it is important to deceive yourself and sacrifice your wants for the better.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:39:24 AM

There are many ways to stop that if everything is mentioned it will be very long. But the important thing is not the way, but the important thing is you, how strongly do you want to stop gambling? when there's still some doubt in you to stop gambling, you'll never stop. You must have read many ways to quit, and all that works, so it all depends on you again.

Of course all will depend on each person to be able to stop gambling behavior. No matter how great a method to stop gambling is used, if someone is still not 100% sure with his intention, the method will surely fail.

xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:02:06 AM

You need someone to change you like an inspiration or you focus your attention in your family. You need something that can outweigh your addiction and you will treat this person or thing as more important than gambling.

That would help, but in the end, you are just the one who could really help yourself because the last decision would be yours, you are just going to get some piece of advice to them and you are just going to apply on it. Quitting gambling for good would be hard at first, but if you are really dedicated on doing so, then you could do it, in fact, it is for you not for the people around you.
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:06:22 AM

I think iit's very difficult.
some of my friends have done everything can to get out completely from gambling.
But in the end they still play gambling at leisure. it is difficult, because gambling has become prt of life for people who never played.

To quit gambling for good, one should find another hobby to entertain himself. The decision of leaving must also be his own will and not because other people told to do so. Do healthy habits like exercise and jogging. Avoid getting along with gamblers and stay away from drinking of liquors to make your mind stay focused on your goal.
Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:57:01 AM

How does one Put down Gambling for good?

Engage in some other activity to put your mind away from gambling. Once you does not have spare time you will not think of gambling. Activities that you are interested like your hobbies and interest might be good for forgetting to go gambling since those are your interest most probably even if you remember you will not have the time to go gamble.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:59:09 AM

For a very long time I have heard people asked this question and I have always said why quit, why don't you stop. There're tons of advice here but honestly most of them won't work. It was at this moment I discovered this book You can heal your life by Louis hay. If you want to stop gambling, or any other thing this is the book to read, I'm 100% sure everyone shall benefit as the problem is within us and not gambling.
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:17:06 PM

Gambling is like other addiction, you have to stop it for a while, make yourself busy and no freetime to think about it then slowly you will forget it. Never try it again even a super small bet, it will make your addiction back.

You should say that in the easiest way but trying to get out of the real thing is hard. Someone's struggling to get out of gambling for good and it's totally a pain that he can't even help himself because his fighting against his own will. He wants to gamble and his mind keeps on telling him to gamble since he used to do it repetitively and that's a hard battle for everyone, I've been there and it's not easy, we can easy say it to stop for a while or do something that you can enjoy.

If you want to come out from a bad habit then people need to take some tough decision otherwise they will never come out of these addictions. As OP mention you have to stop gambling first keep yourself busy with other activities either with non-gambling friends or family members. If you can do that then slowly you will forget and after that, you need to learn skills not to go back to gambling again. Even though it is difficult to implement but for a good reason, we have to try and stop it.

Tough decisions aren't enough without proper application and implementation. Keeping yourself busy is a good way to stop and quit gambling for good and this way you have to get some help with those people that are near you. What is the thing that's happening in the wrong way as most gamblers that wants to quit for good thinks that it will be an easy thing and quick to just quit but they don't know the slowly but surely thing.

Of course the decision to quit should come with some stipulated steps on the table and the roadmap leading to achieving each step of the rehabilitation should also be spelled out clearly so that  you know where you are at any moment in time with your progress.
Yes, You need proper planning and support to get out of the spell of the evil game. Once you get addicted to this game, it is really not easy to stop gambling for you.

I have seen many people who had come on road from big houses just because of this game. You need proper professional help and family support for coming out of the desire for gambling all the time and making a lot of money.

We all know that it is not really easy to be addicted on something and much more on things that may eventually loses all of our properties and hard earned money. If at all a gambler just play for fun and entertainment, I don't think there is really much of a problem at all.

The term 'Gambler' doesn't befit someone who is looking for fun and entertainment but for the profit seeking ones. I wouldn't waste my money for entertainment and fun and still call myself a gambler because im not by that standard.

Gambling is not for entertainment of fun only, gambling is about taking it seriously since you wanted to earn some money by risking your money on it by betting. If you are not going to be serious about it, I'm sure that you will not make any profits from it. Considering all of the facts about gambling will help you to quit it slowly, knowing its risk in the long run and how it will affect you could do the trick, it might be hard to resist the urge to gamble while we are forgetting about it but if we completely quit gambling, then we are free from losing our money.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:28:23 PM

For a very long time I have heard people asked this question and I have always said why quit, why don't you stop. There're tons of advice here but honestly most of them won't work. It was at this moment I discovered this book You can heal your life by Louis hay. If you want to stop gambling, or any other thing this is the book to read, I'm 100% sure everyone shall benefit as the problem is within us and not gambling.
religion may be a factor to quit gambling because I know gambling was prohibited and Sin according to religion. that's the one make me quit gambling.
In addition, if can get more money without gambling, I am sure they will stop gambling and focus on the way.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:37:09 PM

I do not think that you need to abandon gambling. If it brings pleasure, then you can afford to relax several times a year, but set a limit to avoid unnecessary losses.
That's true, if we set up limits when playing gambling then I don't think that we are going to be addicted, but the question is how to quit gambling for good? Well, for me this is too simple. Stop playing and that's it, no question ask. If you are determined to stop playing gambling then it is your choice to stop playing it. It depends on a person if they really wanted to stop already.
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:57:59 PM

I do not think that you need to abandon gambling. If it brings pleasure, then you can afford to relax several times a year, but set a limit to avoid unnecessary losses.
That's true, if we set up limits when playing gambling then I don't think that we are going to be addicted, but the question is how to quit gambling for good? Well, for me this is too simple. Stop playing and that's it, no question ask. If you are determined to stop playing gambling then it is your choice to stop playing it. It depends on a person if they really wanted to stop already.

Yes it is very easy for a gambler who is not addicted, they can quit anytime, those who do not really think gambling, their lives are running as usual, although not gambling. But for those who are addicted it must be very difficult to stop gambling. Just like people who are addicted to cigarettes or even drugs, many of them want to quit but trouble, so we from the beginning should not be addicted in any case including gambling. Addiction will only give you bad things.

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:09:36 AM

How does one Put down Gambling for good?

Get away from gambling as far as possible. After a period of time you will slowly lose the addition for it just like how you cure drug addiction. Another way is putting more time getting together with your family or your love ones which can makes you feel happy and you will slowly kick gambling or forget about it.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:13:55 AM

religion may be a factor to quit gambling because I know gambling was prohibited and Sin according to religion. that's the one make me quit gambling.
In addition, if can get more money without gambling, I am sure they will stop gambling and focus on the way.

From what you say does that means as long as the person is a very religious person, he will quite whatever the religion forbids him in doing? Most people gamble because of money but i think there is still a minority gamble for some other reasons don't you think so?

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:48:11 AM

From what you say does that means as long as the person is a very religious person, he will quite whatever the religion forbids him in doing? Most people gamble because of money but i think there is still a minority gamble for some other reasons don't you think so?
It's not about the religion, it's about the inside of us, if we are really strong enough to make a decision to quit then it is always possible.
Gambling is fun but if that will already start to ruin your life, you should stay away and quit as soon as possible to avoid big loses that you might experience.

pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:42:15 AM

To stop gambled we can do other activities that positive like we did the sport to change the habit of gambled us, because the sport will make us can forget gambling, it is a in do by my friend to eliminate the habit of his gambled
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:56:43 AM

To stop gambled we can do other activities that positive like we did the sport to change the habit of gambled us, because the sport will make us can forget gambling, it is a in do by my friend to eliminate the habit of his gambled
Involving in the sports is a good idea but it is hard for them to co operate with the team if he is addicted and will leads to more depression,I have a better idea for changing our focus into something that is workout your body get six packs and hard muscles it will completely take focus from anything and will give good self confidence and it is easier for everyone to do.But what we need to do is understand that gambling is not a job it is an entertainment so don't get addicted to it.
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

I would agree to that, doing something else to divert your attention into something new could help you to quit gambling step by step, yes it would be hard(expect that) but there is nothing going to change if you are not going to do anything but to complain, and you must realize that quitting gambling is good for yourself.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:35:45 PM

I'm confuse on what you are saying here because of your grammar, so correct me if I'm wrong. What I understand on what you have said is that you have to try something else other than gambling for us to forget about gambling and realize that there is something more profitable than gambling itself.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: