Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Miner Design Discussion  (Read 33971 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:34:53 PM

or beat  here we go i hope it happens cat and mouse.!!!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:04:32 PM

or beat  here we go i hope it happens cat and mouse.!!!

!!!

all i want is a scrypt miner that's a moonlander with the hashspeed of a blade, or a U3 with the hashspeed of an S1.
is that so much to ask? ;(

NOW GO!   Grin   

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:15:38 AM

What would be interesting to me would be a scrypt OR a SHA256 board with a current chip that was designed to bolt onto the HS/fan assembly from the old Gridseed "80 blade" design.

Plenty of heat soak capasity, it was badly misused and UNDERutilised for that gridseed design, and a TON of them around cheaply available.

(no, the horse isn't dead yet.)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:41:04 AM

Your pleas will fall on deaf ears, as this is primarily my project and I've never cared about scrypt ASICs. Maybe someone will extend it someday, but I'm really only interested in SHA256 miners.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:04:55 AM

Your pleas will fall on deaf ears, as this is primarily my project and I've never cared about scrypt ASICs. Maybe someone will extend it someday, but I'm really only interested in SHA256 miners.

Too bad....because scrypt miners are just killing it on LTC right now.....(19 months with Titans and still making bucko bucks)

then again...all asic's will be 'doorstops's eventually don't ya know so maybe it don't matter hobby project wise.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:11:22 AM

Too bad....because scrypt miners are just killing it on LTC right now.....(19 months with Titans and still making bucko bucks)

then again...all asic's will be 'doorstops's eventually don't ya know so maybe it don't matter hobby project wise.

That's only because NO ONE HAS MADE ANOTHER MINER to compete with yours,unlike in BTCland(where even the makers compete with customers) !!!! Be grateful !!!!

Personally I think Bitmain(& Avalon) is the last hoorah for home miners,Bitfury will succumb to the greed & keep the chips/miners to themselves as long as they can,if they even exist  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:39:12 AM

That's only because NO ONE HAS MADE ANOTHER MINER to compete with yours,unlike in BTCland(where even the makers compete with customers) !!!! Be grateful !!!!

Personally I think Bitmain(& Avalon) is the last hoorah for home miners,Bitfury will succumb to the greed & keep the chips/miners to themselves as long as they can,if they even exist  Roll Eyes

Yeah I agree...but if anyone makes a miner...scrypt seems a bit more nimble imho on the whole difficulty exploding thing.

Would sure help you ethereum miners (and turn me to one to) if the folk developing ethereum would say ..er never mind we decided to have it stay a pow coin and not go pos..
the problem with that happy dream is as soon as they were to really seem to be gonna do so..someone would make an asic chip for such.

But yeah 19 months and my Titans are still killing it is utterly confusing and probably 'wrong' if there are asic morals on so many levels...I'm utterly befuddled myself on wth is going on.

They will doorstop someday...but they have a whole 'knc we are evil vampire hard to kill' kinda thing going on at the moment

(probably should make an ethereum rig for a toy but alas I think that may soon pass due to difficulty increases on that network or am I mis-informed)

home mining ..the addiction..the movie.....the book ..the play....Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:50:00 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 12:07:14 PM by toptek

Personally I think Bitmain(& Avalon) is the last hoorah for home miners,Bitfury will succumb to the greed & keep the chips/miners to themselves as long as they can,if they even exist  Roll Eyes

Yeah I agree...but if anyone makes a miner...scrypt seems a bit more nimble imho on the whole difficulty exploding thing.

Would sure help you ethereum miners (and turn me to one to) if the folk developing ethereum would say ..er never mind we decided to have it stay a pow coin and not go pos..
the problem with that happy dream is as soon as they were to really seem to be gonna do so..someone would make an asic chip for such.

But yeah 19 months and my Titans are still killing it is utterly confusing and probably 'wrong' if there are asic morals on so many levels...I'm utterly befuddled myself on wth is going on.

They will doorstop someday...but they have a whole 'knc we are evil vampire hard to kill' kinda thing going on at the moment

(probably should make an ethereum rig for a toy but alas I think that may soon pass due to difficulty increases on that network or am I mis-informed)

home mining ..the addiction..the movie.....the book ..the play....Smiley

isn't it  awesome even my Alchemist 256 i have 5 blades online is getting a killing  i want more power and am about to put two more blades online and donating one blade to a school so they can learn about  coins hands on . my eth rig right now is two cards but im about to make it 6 and yea i wish the S9 was a little cheaper id get one but may  get one or two s7 now they will drop even lower or one or two A6's . there is a reason i won't do much more for now , i won't get into here . even if the difficulty increase it won't be as bad as bitcoins because eth  runs off of gpu's, some place i read is paying wages in ETH now, so it's here to stay.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:14:17 PM

Less competition is why Scrypt designs like the Titan/A2/Alcheminer have had a long profitable run indeed.

But in fairness, the S5/SP20 generation continued to be profitable even with the introduction and mass deployment of the S7/A6/B11 generation - as long as your electric wasn't sky-high.

The other big difference is that Scrypt pricing and hashrate were VERY close to flat for almost a year after the Litecoin halfing - and what increase there was in diff was very small and gradual (and got mostly wiped out the last 2 weeks, WTF is happening there with the 20% drop on that last adjustment?).

I believe Bitcoin is going to settle down into a similar period starting in the fall of this year, once all the big miner makers get their offerings on the market and the halfing has had time to settle in - with the potential of major price swings continuing to be driven by the ongoing issues in the Chinese economy that are looking like they might start impacting the WORLD economy before long.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 07:01:22 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 07:14:42 AM by aliashraf

God bless this topic, I enjoyed a lot. I am from and live in a Middle Eastern country. We have good electricity fees here for industrial sector. But industry is f*d up, business is f*d up , politics is corrupted, government is ruined totally, .... the worst corner of the hell, the Middle Hell.
I think btc is (or can be) a relief and mining is a door, the right one for us to begin entering to the btc world. We (millions of educated people here)  need bitcoin community's help and you need ours as well:
We can and must take part in the decentralization agenda of the bitcoin community, by our energy, by our money, by our knowledge and human resources.
We can beat Chinese or participate in beating them, they subsidize electricity? We own the source of their electricity.
We should start and for this we need help. We can't pay 2K$  to buy an already retired off-the-shelf Chinese miner hardware and wait for the halving , the difficulty to raise or some btc price drop to set us up. I can't convince people here to invest in the darkness, they won't. We need a certain minimum level of mastering and enough options and space to maneuver. We have to customize, to have the ability and the option to customize the technology.
For the moment I am deeply interested in this 'sidehack project'.  Unfortunately I couldn't be able to put together a good conclusive answer to my following questions (a lot of slang has been used, not a good practice for an international forum, though):
1- How can we define the ultimate, big picture target of the project today, after all discussions and improvements?
2- In what specific stage are we at the moment?
3- How can one contribute (financially, technically, ... )?

I am deeply familiar with Blockchain and bitcoin/altcoin technology and terminology but It would be highly appreciated if somebody please give me brief answers (from a technical/philosophical/social/economical/... perspective ) to the above questions using a formal plain language and literature. I need to know about this project's potentials to be hired as a platform for my plan to start a campaign for coordinating people's knowledge and financial resources here to take a role in the btc movement.
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:09:49 PM

IMHO:

1- How can we define the ultimate, big picture target of the project today, after all discussions and improvements?
To the extent that sidehack can, in the current fluid BTC mining environment, he has.

Waiting/pursuing a stable supply of "state-of-art" SHA256 hash chips.

3a: Financial:
Design, produce, and make available a reasonably priced 12nm-16nm SHA256 hash chip.
3b. technically:
create a driver module for that mythical chip that can be forked into the cgminer development effort.

Stated simply: if sidehack had a stable supply chain for a hash chips, 3 months out, the community would have a miner that would "BLOW THE DOORS OFF" anything offered by any other manufacturer. And I believe this is what frightens the current ilk of suppliers.

It's not a technical issue/problem, it's a power/control over the BTC mining environment issue/problem.

"Opinions are like butts, everybodies got one and they all stink."
The above is my stench.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 06:29:54 PM

Stated simply: if sidehack had a stable supply chain for a hash chips, 3 months out, the community would have a miner that would "BLOW THE DOORS OFF" anything offered by any other manufacturer. And I believe this is what frightens the current ilk of suppliers.

I don't doubt that sidehack can design a very efficient miner that "home/hobby miners" can use with their existing electrical and cooling infrastructure. I have one of his "green heatsink" Compac miners toiling away beside my computer adding insignificantly to the global hash rate.

My gut feeling with respect to the availability of chips of any generation is that the producers are relatively small and have excess demand from far larger existing customers for this current generation of chips, and so they have chosen to focus on the biggest bang for the BTC/USD/RMB/EUR/GBP or whatever currency you choose. It's a business decision. Additionally the mining machine producers can only get so many chips/wafers from the foundries that they use. Those foundries are making priority calls, too.

At the end of the day the home/hobby miner is pretty much the lowest priority for the mining ASIC companies. As long as there are huge commercial farms with hundreds of PH looking to upgrade, and/or investors with deep pockets looking to buy hundreds of PH in one go to build a new farm, the hobby miner will be relegated to the dust bin.

edit added: That said, if sidehack can get chips and produce an efficient home/hobby miner I'd definitely be interested in buying one or more.

The above is my stench.

Nice one. I typically use, "Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one and you can't pick mine."

Cheers,

- zed

No mining at the moment.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:27:27 PM

IMHO:

To the extent that sidehack can, in the current fluid BTC mining environment, he has.

Waiting/pursuing a stable supply of "state-of-art" SHA256 hash chips.

3a: Financial:
Design, produce, and make available a reasonably priced 12nm-16nm SHA256 hash chip.
3b. technically:
create a driver module for that mythical chip that can be forked into the cgminer development effort.

It's not a technical issue/problem, it's a power/control over the BTC mining environment issue/problem.

The above is my stench.

Well said  Wink  Sidehack would steal their thunder!!!!  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMakFPW2Dj0

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PlanetCrypto

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:06:36 AM

Nice one. I typically use, "Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one and you can't pick mine."

Along the same lines, my email signature:

"There are 2 rules for success:
1.   Never reveal everything you know. . . "

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PlanetCrypto

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:10:00 AM

God bless this topic, I enjoyed a lot. I am from and live in a Middle Eastern country. We have good electricity fees here for industrial sector. But industry is f*d up, business is f*d up , politics is corrupted, government is ruined totally, .... the worst corner of the hell, the Middle Hell.
I think btc is (or can be) a relief and mining is a door, the right one for us to begin entering to the btc world. We (millions of educated people here)  need bitcoin community's help and you need ours as well:
We can and must take part in the decentralization agenda of the bitcoin community, by our energy, by our money, by our knowledge and human resources.
We can beat Chinese or participate in beating them, they subsidize electricity? We own the source of their electricity.
We should start and for this we need help. We can't pay 2K$  to buy an already retired off-the-shelf Chinese miner hardware and wait for the halving , the difficulty to raise or some btc price drop to set us up. I can't convince people here to invest in the darkness, they won't. We need a certain minimum level of mastering and enough options and space to maneuver. We have to customize, to have the ability and the option to customize the technology.
For the moment I am deeply interested in this 'sidehack project'.  Unfortunately I couldn't be able to put together a good conclusive answer to my following questions (a lot of slang has been used, not a good practice for an international forum, though):

I am deeply familiar with Blockchain and bitcoin/altcoin technology and terminology but It would be highly appreciated if somebody please give me brief answers (from a technical/philosophical/social/economical/... perspective ) to the above questions using a formal plain language and literature. I need to know about this project's potentials to be hired as a platform for my plan to start a campaign for coordinating people's knowledge and financial resources here to take a role in the btc movement.

BTW, my response was not meant to be belittling, caustic, or condescending.
So if I came off that way, my apologies.

Your first couple of sentences pegged it.
Problem is there's little we "small guys" can do to fight the 800 lbs gorilla.
Wish there was.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
aliashraf
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 04:30:48 PM

God bless this topic, ....

BTW, my response was not meant to be belittling, caustic, or condescending.
So if I came off that way, my apologies.

Your first couple of sentences pegged it.
Problem is there's little we "small guys" can do to fight the 800 lbs gorilla.
Wish there was.

thanks for the reply and NO, it was polite quite enough ...
I have to apologize for not checking this thread last few days and missing the atmosphere. I'll digest your answers and put forward my issues very soon.

For the time being: nano meter ASIC race is about electricity cost vs investment if hypothetically we could fill the gap relatively and at the same time we had access to  cheap electricity we would be able to compete.

Analogically speaking if we were about 400 lbs or so, using our other advantages it would be possible to do something about the 800 lbs gorilla under consideration. This is how I see this sidehack project and 'our' access to cheap electricity.

It is actually 'our' access, I can and I'll share it with the community, I got some ideas about it  Wink

The thing is the gap being so deep: no access to chips, no access to specifications and parts, nothing, nothing other than our money and our obligation to buy their exhausted stuff. bad situation man. Angry
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:50:00 PM

I'm not sure how much I can talk about, and nothing's official yet, but I may have been given a solution to "no access to chips, no access to specifications and parts".

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
aliashraf
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 04:56:14 PM

I'm not sure how much I can talk about, and nothing's official yet, but I may have been given a solution to "no access to chips, no access to specifications and parts".
Absolutely most interesting news I have heared in last couple of months ... looking forward for more info ...pleeeeease Kiss
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:08:37 PM

Well it's something that's just come up in the last few days, basically I've been asked for assistance on a project with the benefit of being able to piggyback my own project on some of their resources. But since I'm just an assistant and tagalong I don't think I have the right to talk about anything yet. But yeah, it's an exciting possibility if it works.

aliashraf
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 05:22:56 PM

Well it's something that's just come up in the last few days, basically I've been asked for assistance on a project with the benefit of being able to piggyback my own project on some of their resources. But since I'm just an assistant and tagalong I don't think I have the right to talk about anything yet. But yeah, it's an exciting possibility if it works.
It is good, very good opportunity dude, use it extensively and keep all the negotiations documented and legal. I'm following your works, you are great and among the few people who can make a difference, take care, it is about saving a very promising technology and a young community, seriously take care! . Looking forward for more and more great news from you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: