Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47278 times)
btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:24:18 PM

Trading and gambling are similar in that they both attempt to create a capital gain, over a relatively short period of time, without creating new wealth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 02:59:05 PM

Not entirely like gambling because you don't lose everything at least but you do take chances and it is risky but anything that makes money is risky and I believe with trading the risk is vastly decreased. Also it is fair, no worrying about odds or if the house is cheating you. You also get paid  out instantly and wont have issues making a withdraw.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:02:28 PM

I think that a different trading with gambling. trading is safer investments. while gambling is so risky investment. gambling is a game that does not need a brain drain. we learn to be patient and tries grabbing a bit of luck in a game.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:35:45 PM

i think it is much different to each other because in gambling you are risking your money for some games such as dice, poker or etc . and if you have lost you will not be able to get some of it . and when we say trading there's only a chance from risking your money maybe you will earn more from it if you are watching and monitoring the coin's price but if you didn't do that you will actually lose but you will never get bankrupt you'll just lost many of your stakes .
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:31:09 PM

I think that a different trading with gambling. trading is safer investments. while gambling is so risky investment. gambling is a game that does not need a brain drain. we learn to be patient and tries grabbing a bit of luck in a game.

Well I think that trading is also risky and not safe at all, I really think you can compare gambling to it without any doubts.
And the fact is that for gambling you still need to be smart its all depending on the game and strategy.
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:40:47 PM

i think it is much different to each other because in gambling you are risking your money for some games such as dice, poker or etc . and if you have lost you will not be able to get some of it . and when we say trading there's only a chance from risking your money maybe you will earn more from it if you are watching and monitoring the coin's price but if you didn't do that you will actually lose but you will never get bankrupt you'll just lost many of your stakes .

Nope i think both are same, when someone trade, he dont know what will going to happen in next few minutes or hours same like gambling, when someone bet he dont know what will happen with his bet. so in this contest they are same, but if we talk about loosing the money, depends on how muc you invest, if you invest large money in trading its same as playing on gambling site because you loose much if the price went down. But i think if we talk about loosing % yes in gambling you loose more than in trading.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:43:50 PM

Well I think that trading is also risky and not safe at all, I really think you can compare gambling to it without any doubts.
And the fact is that for gambling you still need to be smart its all depending on the game and strategy.

when talking about risk, both have a high risk. I agree both are dependent on the strategies and knowledge.
gambling seem easier, if you have the knowledge only a matter of luck.
but if trade you must full research of the coin. but the risk is not very high, because you will not lose all in an instant like gambling.
newcripto

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:47:21 PM

In fact trading required much patience to make very good amount in long term and on other side gambling is delivering very quick result, but I would like to say this both are looking same when we make invest into wrong item than it is like gambling than both have some similarity.
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 05:36:59 PM

In fact trading required much patience to make very good amount in long term and on other side gambling is delivering very quick result, but I would like to say this both are looking same when we make invest into wrong item than it is like gambling than both have some similarity.

yeah.

Trading and gambling are similar to each other,

but gambling do pose more risk of losing you money when in compare to trading where the risk is not that much.

But gambling advancement over trading is that you can win money more faster (consider the high risk also), you get a lot of excitement, fun and also challenges.

but for me I prefer trading than gambling.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 05:49:01 PM

Trading and gambling are both risky I think that is the only similarity that they have and the rest are too much different with each other I guess , in trading you need to wait until the price of the coin that your holding goes up before you can have a profit and even if the price of that coin is dumped or became lower you can still pull out your coin but not the same exact amount of what you have invested before . And in gambling the most possible to happen is to lose all your deposits it is more risky than trading I guess because even you have put a higher bet still there will be a chance to lose it all .
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:35:24 AM

i think trading is consider gambling too, you are playing against the market, you don't really control what the result will be and all traders are looking for the right time to exchange for them to profit.

Of course you don't control what will be the result of your trades. But you have the control when to exit a trade. You can guess wrong, and the price goes opposite your prediction, but if you don't exit the trade it is just paper loss. All you have to do is.wait until the price goes your way, and it will. Just wait for the right time to.exit and you are profit.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:42:09 AM

i think trading is consider gambling too, you are playing against the market, you don't really control what the result will be and all traders are looking for the right time to exchange for them to profit.

Of course you don't control what will be the result of your trades. But you have the control when to exit a trade. You can guess wrong, and the price goes opposite your prediction, but if you don't exit the trade it is just paper loss. All you have to do is.wait until the price goes your way, and it will. Just wait for the right time to.exit and you are profit.

yeah, knowing what's gonna happen will require the ability to see the future. but not having control doesn't mean you can't predict and speculate about the results either. you can read charts and analyze them to make a good decision.

to the moon with bitcoin...
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:20:47 AM

yeah, knowing what's gonna happen will require the ability to see the future. but not having control doesn't mean you can't predict and speculate about the results either. you can read charts and analyze them to make a good decision.

Trading is much more of a speculations of the price in the market.

It is still have some parts and ways of gambling in it, But it is not considered to be a gambling, as you have the control on when to bail out.

Gambling is mostly run under an percentage of winning and losing while in trading it is run based on your own speculations and when are you going to come out of the trade.
akogwapo14

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:30:43 AM

Gambling and trading is not the same in trading you'll just need learning and patient to make profit if you'll not study first before entering trading you will end up loosing not like gambling its all about luck ,
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:29:58 PM

Gambling and trading is not the same in trading you'll just need learning and patient to make profit if you'll not study first before entering trading you will end up loosing not like gambling its all about luck ,

yes, knowledge is very important when trading and you also need patience, because if you don't have patience I think you can also lose a lot of money in trading. And in gambling you can also lose money if you are out of control in betting.   Sad
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:17:22 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 01:00:12 PM by BlueStackz

It would be stupidity to consider trading as gambling. Trading is a business where you need to have knowledge and some skill to make money. It mostly depends on you effort and hard work. But gambling is a complete different story you are just using your money to check your luck. You can easily win or lose in gambling unlike trading.
newcripto

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:35:15 AM

There is no difference in trading and gambling both works same way.You can not predict or can not influence the result.You trade in hope of getting profit and many times fail to read the market.Gambling works same where we play to get money but lot of times thing go vise versa and we loose money in both.Nothing is safer neither trading nor gambling.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:29:54 PM

Just like what I said here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290215.msg15453353#msg15453353

Trading is one example of gambling. Why?
Because gambling is basically putting your money to risk.
You may lose your money if you did not predicted nicely.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:57:57 PM

Just like what I said here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290215.msg15453353#msg15453353

Trading is one example of gambling. Why?
Because gambling is basically putting your money to risk.
You may lose your money if you did not predicted nicely.
This might be the reason of approaching your trading to test your luck. You need to have some skills to make profits from trading. Other wise, you will end up in finding your trading similar to gambling. I am not ready to accept trading as gambling.
thecrimson16

Activity: 161

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:59:16 PM

Trading is NOT gambling. There is no house edge in trading and you have a decent chance of Making money in the long run

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❖ LISKDICE.com ❖ ▌First Decentralized Gambling System Built Upon The LISK Platform▐ ▌Provably Fair Gambling Built From The Ground Up▐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: