Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:43:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774986 times)
3worlduser

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:26:36 PM

faucet is off again -_-

any info when it on again ?

Yep faucet is off..

Second time today.

Faucet off!
It's this coin just an experiment or something serious with a detailed roadmap and scores?
If it's not just an experiment,dev shoud guarantee a 100% full working faucet, since the entire distribution is based on faucet.

When the faucet will start to work?
When the faucet will start to work?

So there's no prediction when the faucet will be up?

Yeah man but the question is when? When it will be up and running again?
2 times down in 1 day is bad :/

I want to know why the faucet getting off many times a day. yesterday it was turn off 3 times. and today it is already showing currently off message..
what  is the matter and when it will be available? I just want to collect some Mrais and sell them in trading thread.

When will be available the faucet?

when the faucet will back online?

thanks

So te faucet will be off for how long?

Same question all the time..

When faucet online babe..?

Faucet still not working.
Dev what's up?

The same question over and over and the DEV already gave an answer.

People have been asking for help setting up nodes and adding some features that helps them with integrating to their websites.  Since they're making use of the system I'm going to focus on those needs and figure out a way to distribute in a fashion where email and messages, and board posts aren't filled with faucet questions.

Let me know if you have an issue with the network operation or if you have a specific need that would help you integrating with your own business.

We all want the faucet back but if you have follow the thread, you will notice the concern of the the DEV about the real use of his coin, he shutdown the faucet because captcha-miners are just dumping Mrai for BTC, at least that is what I understand from his posts.
Maybe we should focus in give this coin a real value, instead of the pump and dump value that almost all the altcoins have now, I mean I have some Mrai but I can't spend it on nothing else than the adblocker wich personally I don't need. If we could arrange a series of service that could be bought with Mrai, then the coin will begin to have real value.
For example my native language is Spanish, so I'm willing to do translations for X amount of Mrai, others can have other skills like web design, graphical design, programming, etc.
Jibble has made a great work with the trading thread maybe he can organize a services thread for Mrai where we can offer our services and get paid in Mrai. also we need to have the will to hold the earned Mrai and use it to buy another services, and not just dump them for BTC.

DEV if you want, I can translate to Spanish everything you need related to Mrai, the website, the wallet, even the wiki for free, so Mrai can be know by more people, if you don't mind I'll start with this ANN to post it on the Spanish section.

Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:21:45 PM

We are all waiting.. Cmon dev say somehting! Smiley

Chill, it's not dev fault that the faucet exceeded it's daily limit
davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:39:03 PM

We all want the faucet back but if you have follow the thread, you will notice the concern of the the DEV about the real use of his coin, he shutdown the faucet because captcha-miners are just dumping Mrai for BTC, at least that is what I understand from his posts.
Maybe we should focus in give this coin a real value, instead of the pump and dump value that almost all the altcoins have now, I mean I have some Mrai but I can't spend it on nothing else than the adblocker wich personally I don't need. If we could arrange a series of service that could be bought with Mrai, then the coin will begin to have real value.
For example my native language is Spanish, so I'm willing to do translations for X amount of Mrai, others can have other skills like web design, graphical design, programming, etc.
Jibble has made a great work with the trading thread maybe he can organize a services thread for Mrai where we can offer our services and get paid in Mrai. also we need to have the will to hold the earned Mrai and use it to buy another services, and not just dump them for BTC.

DEV if you want, I can translate to Spanish everything you need related to Mrai, the website, the wallet, even the wiki for free, so Mrai can be know by more people, if you don't mind I'll start with this ANN to post it on the Spanish section.

[/quote]

Dont think dev is wondering about people that are selling coin mybe is proud that people are very interested to buy! ...otherwise he wouldnt be happy  when they did open trading thread, mybe is not happy that such good coin people will sell for such cheap price...and make some people huge profit! You know when some coin start to make good interest in many people, who got many bitcoin to invest will make huge profit! So we must stop selling mrai for cheap and keep till Dev will make new future! Sorry i am not against investor....do not misunderstand, just i would like to say to faucet people to start to give real value for Mrai. I got mine Mrai and now i really think to keep for long long time you never know, dev is doing great job!
3worlduser

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:12:54 AM

I sort of started that secondary market and was overwhlemed with people willing to solve captchas. In fact they said this was 10x the going rate. I just wanted to acquire a more decent position in Mrai, but there were no decent offers.

That said - I like what one of the captcha solvers said - for this to be fair, and to eliminate the second market. Why not make it give some large amount, say 10,000 Mrai every 12 hours. or 1,000 every hour, or something along those lines. (You could even dynamically adjust the number based on when the target will be reached).

This achieves 3 things:

* Discourages second markets for captcha solvers (one I am guilty of creating, but not against eliminating the need for it)
* Puts less load on the faucet server, as it spreads transactions out more
* Puts less load on the blockchain, as it will have less total blocks per account

Most of us who want to acquire some in the long run, generally click in our free time, once or twice a day.

Just my 2 rai.

A lower rate is definitely what we want for the reasons you listed.  One thing this opens up is more elaborate circumvention of the limiters we currently have because it removes the capcha entry time from the equation.

We could add authentication to a social media account and do verification on account age. I did some research on this a while ago and none of them seem forthcoming with an "account created" time but there are some heuristics that can be applied.

It also seems like some people aren't keeping what they get from the faucet, they turn around and sell it so it goes to whoever can find the most contacts who will trade kind of defeating the usefulness to anyone not doing this.

In fact he is worried about the captcha-miners dumping the coins, because they are not using then, and not because they are selling cheap,  also he told he was happy with the trading thread before the massive claims on the faucet.

wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:13:51 AM

is this on a exchange
3worlduser

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:17:24 AM

is this on a exchange

As far as I know there is no formal exchange for Mrai but there is a trading thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1422828.0

clemahieu (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 122

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 12:56:34 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 06:32:18 PM by clemahieu

Many people have pointed out to me that the faucet is a very complicated way to for people to purchase Mrai.  Payment goes to people who are willing to wait for and click the captcha and in return they get the faucet payout for the amount they want.

People have recommended that rather than having a complex system we should simplify the way this is distributed and I think their advice is good.

The simplest way to get these out to people is to auction them in lots which for year 1 on the distribution schedule is 475k per day.  I'll conduct and auction thread on the RaiBlocks forum which will stay open for 24 hours after which I'll accept the 7 highest bids, no matter how low, and will send them each 1 lot.

In the next couple days we'll be releasing an OpenCL GPU module which will address several people's needs who need to generate higher volumes of transactions.  We're also working on making an ad-clearing server library for web pages for people to try on their sites.

The auction is conducted in this thread:
<deleted>

RaiBlocks coin:  Instant blocks, no fees
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:03:22 AM

Many people have pointed out to me that the faucet is a very complicated way to for people to purchase Mrai.  Payment goes to people who are willing to wait for and click the captcha and in return they get the faucet payout for the amount they want.

People have recommended that rather than having a complex system we should simplify the way this is distributed and I think their advice is good.

The simplest way to get these out to people is to auction them in lots which for year 1 on the distribution schedule is 475k per day.  I'll conduct and auction thread on the RaiBlocks forum which will stay open for 24 hours after which I'll accept the 7 highest bids, no matter how low, and will send them each 1 lot.

In the next couple days we'll be releasing an OpenCL GPU module which will address several people's needs who need to generate higher volumes of transactions.  We're also working on making an ad-clearing server library for web pages for people to try on their sites.

The auction is conducted in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/raiblocks/h7u7b1lTgLE

thats crazy? thats the worst idea ever? turning Raiblock for a giveaway into an auction ICO (or am i missing something).

so from something of enormous potential straight to no more then the typical (illegal) ICO scam  Huh

i gotta have misread?

blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:11:25 AM

This is the worst way for distribution!
 just start captcha again and when 475K/per day distributed, turn off the faucet. but show us a counter or something on site, so we can see when 475k complete.
go to service section on bitcointalk. some users was recruiting people for solving captchas and making their own farm and paying people with a nice fee.
i thinks that was a very good idea! make coin alive and useful.
Can you set a poll in this topic? let's user decide .

hakanbalta577

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:18:34 AM

I'll conduct and auction thread on the RaiBlocks forum which will stay open for 24 hours after which I'll accept the 7 highest bids, no matter how low, and will send them each 1 lot.

so normally you are giving free these mrais by faucet, but now you want to sell them  Roll Eyes Am I understanding wrong something?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:18:38 AM

just start captcha again and when 475K/per day distributed, turn off the faucet. but show us a counter or something on site, so we can see when 475k complete.
go to service section on bitcointalk. some users was recruiting people for solving captchas and making their own farm and paying people with a nice fee.

though be best to rotate the time the coin started so people internationally all have a fair chance Wink
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:24:14 AM

I dont have enough money for bid and also there are really rich people can always give the best 7 bids. If somebody has got enough money can win everyday. You find a worst method. Really.
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:27:38 AM

no it wasn't a good fee, the dev offered  solution to spread his coins with a faucet, some people took it upon themselves to pay people a small amount for solving the captchas, then instantly selling them for 200-300% profit , purposely hiding the fact that it was a crypto currency that they themselves could claim , It was people lying to get armies of noobs to get free money to line their own pockets. while the dev had to spend his own time , earning jack shit, and wasting time now having to deal with a huge influx of faucet claiming armies draining the faucet , wasting his time and preventing work being done on the coin itself . getting zero benefit for the dev , yet he is the only one that has spent 2 years of work making this coin what it is.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:29:05 AM

no it wasn't a good fee, the dev offered  solution to spread his coins with a faucet, some people took it upon themselves to pay people a small amount for solving the captchas, then instantly selling them for 200-300% profit , purposely hiding the fact that it was a crypto currency that they themselves could claim , It was people lying to get armies of noobs to get free money to line their own pockets. while the dev had to spend his own time , earning jack shit, and wasting time now having to deal with a huge influx of faucet claiming armies draining the faucet , wasting his time and preventing work being done on the coin itself . getting zero benefit for the dev , yet he is the only one that has spent 2 years of work making this coin what it is.

then make it a fair IPO

NOT painful one year auction bullshit.

IPO is acceptable!
jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:30:02 AM

I dont have enough money for bid and also there are really rich people can always give the best 7 bids. If somebody has got enough money can win everyday. You find a worst method. Really.

So you are upset because you cant get free coins anymore, while the dev who worked for 2 years developing the coin got nothing .

even when it was distributed by a faucet , that still happened the ones with the most money bought them all off those dumping it. instead of people lying and cheating newbie members into working for them to solve captchas now the dev can raise funds, and get back to actually developing the coin , not spending 8 hours a day having to solve the captcha problems
jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:31:33 AM

then make it a fair IPO

IPO is acceptable!

I would agree that is another alternative , i would suggest seeing how this works out for the first 2-4 weeks , it has been changed before, it can be changed again  , if this auction isn't working out as well as had hoped , then an IPO option for the rest of the funds might be on the table
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:36:56 AM

then make it a fair IPO

IPO is acceptable!

I would agree that is another alternative , i would suggest seeing how this works out for the first 2-4 weeks , it has been changed before, it can be changed again  , if this auction isn't working out as well as had hoped , then an IPO option for the rest of the funds might be on the table

make the decision, and push out a 1 week IPO.

dev will get funds he deserve, and all investors will get happy.

we can save the pain and time once for all.

blindminer

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:37:02 AM

DEV can set some fee for every captcha solved.

paying captcha is not very high but compared to other captcha solving service it was very good.
also in future people get much higher payout when it's get to a competition.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:37:06 AM

then make it a fair IPO

IPO is acceptable!

I would agree that is another alternative , i would suggest seeing how this works out for the first 2-4 weeks , it has been changed before, it can be changed again  , if this auction isn't working out as well as had hoped , then an IPO option for the rest of the funds might be on the table

NO! once you sell anything like this it because an illegal ICO fullstop (i work with SEC and its only a matter of time before they come down on these, just til now most of cryptos stayed under there radar too much of a hassle to clean up).

also people clicked for days thinking it was a clean no scam ICO coin Sad

blindminer

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:37:27 AM

though be best to rotate the time the coin started so people internationally all have a fair chance Wink
Yes good idea.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: