Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774989 times)
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:16:06 AM

no not you, there where others that were claiming they where the owner of the faucet and they where "fixing the problem" themselves

you did it honestly, i am not included you in that description

Thank you. I feel that hiring captcha solvers was just following its natural course, and if anything it actually raises awareness. A lot of the folks I hired, actually want to keep some Mrai for themselves, so I view this as a positive, because it's showing people there are more interesting rewards out there. I have a queue of 100 people all waiting to be hired, and I believe, eventually most will decide to keep good chunk of Mrai for themselves.

If we have the auction, I may not bother with the captcha solvers. But I think it's a mistake to kill the faucet altogether.

Yeah i understand , there are a few people i have talked to that have asked for help and have specifically stated that their problem is they cannot run the wallet on their computer so they cannot do it themselves and i pointed them in the direction of the most honest threads offering the service i am not completely against the service myself .

I think that there is some golden ratio that can be achieved to lower the incentive of so mny faucet solvers solving the faucet and perhaps keeping some aspect of the faucet open if discussion were to take place, i just honestly think currently the dev has spent like 3-5 days instead of improving and upgrading the code of the coin being stuck for 8-10 hours a day trying to solve this captcha problem of mass accumulation over loading of servers and massive amounts of msgs and complaints when the faucet isn't functioning and has gone for what he seems as the most productive way to distribute coins and allow himself to further progress the coin .

Depending on public opinion in the next few days he might have another think about it and think of a different way to deal with it, if this method ends up being bad or worse than before , some people think it might end up being , i honestly don't think its super bad, but its simple and takes a huge work load off the dev .

A mixture of auctions , IPO of a specific amount of coins and a very low paying faucet , would be a good combination , allowing people to test the service withmicro transactions, people allowing to buy and speculate and perhaps pick a few up cheap in an auction week when someone doesn't notice it , and also distribute the coins in the ipo and spread the coin and raise some funds .

but the amount of effort required for a 3 pronged approach would be even more work than the last 3-5 days he has done
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:16:50 AM

put 80% for free faucet. and make it fast.  

you can keep 20% for dev fund.

or

make it in traditional ICO mode.

the daily auction last one year is bullshit.

axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:21:47 AM

To clarify an auction covers 1 week and I'll send out the first 7 days tomorrow.

?  what do you mean by 7 days?

To distribute 50% in year one we need to push out 475k per day.  7 lots of 475k is 1 week and we'll do another 7 next week.

big btc = high bid = bag holder!
LOL
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:29:16 AM

Limited captcha per hour(or less) beacuse of time zone differentiality.
100 captchas per hour, or 16 per 10 minutes. or reduce the reward and put more captcha opportunities.

a percentage for every captcha solved for DEV.

jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:33:06 AM

To clarify an auction covers 1 week and I'll send out the first 7 days tomorrow.

To distribute 50% in year one we need to push out 475k per day.  7 lots of 475k is 1 week and we'll do another 7 next week.

LOL

Lets look at the mechanics of it and the economics

Some people hire workers to solve the captchas, some of those that have huge amounts of workers , instantly dump coins onto the market because its 100% guaranteed profit, they are incentivized hugely to claim as many coins as possible to make as much money as quickly as possible . claiming more coins than most other people making the distribution less fair . Not all are doing this but some are

An auction weekly , with the top 7 bidders winning chucks of 475k of coins , are in competition with each other, anyone who is looking to buy coins will no longer offer a price on a trade thread, they themselves will bid on the auction , there creates a competition , this also disincentives manipulation or accumulation to instantly dump because those people they would of dumped into previously , are now able to buy from the auction , less incentive for people to profit instantly off of it , and spreads the currency around.

because the auction is weekly and the prices will constantly be influx and more people can get more larger amounts of coins , less people are going to be buying to just straight up dump those coins , because they wont be able to , because the people they were going to dump on also bid in the auction .

since people buying in the auction cannot dump for instant profit , they are less likely to just buy 1 chunk every 7 days and keep buying more and more , especially if they are in direct competition with others and would just raise the price  
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 1208

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:37:48 AM

Maybe there will be more faucets after the auctions. (on the old way with ads/banners)

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:41:56 AM

LOL

Lets look at the mechanics of it and the economics

Some people hire workers to solve the captchas, some of those that have huge amounts of workers , instantly dump coins onto the market because its 100% guaranteed profit, they are incentivized hugely to claim as many coins as possible to make as much money as quickly as possible . claiming more coins than most other people making the distribution less fair . Not all are doing this but some are

An auction weekly , with the top 7 bidders winning chucks of 475k of coins , are in competition with each other, anyone who is looking to buy coins will no longer offer a price on a trade thread, they themselves will bid on the auction , there creates a competition , this also disincentives manipulation or accumulation to instantly dump because those people they would of dumped into previously , are now able to buy from the auction , less incentive for people to profit instantly off of it , and spreads the currency around.

because the auction is weekly and the prices will constantly be influx and more people can get more larger amounts of coins , less people are going to be buying to just straight up dump those coins , because they wont be able to , because the people they were going to dump on also bid in the auction .

since people buying in the auction cannot dump for instant profit , they are less likely to just buy 1 chunk every 7 days and keep buying more and more , especially if they are in direct competition with others and would just raise the price  

yes you're right .. but you can see how many poeple thinkin now dev is selling the coins.
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:46:12 AM

yes you're right .. but you can see how many poeple thinkin now dev is selling the coins.

he is selling now!

bid auction is dirtier than ICO!

let alone it will last one year or two years.

jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:49:12 AM

he is selling now!

why is it dirtier?

Coin right now has so many followers, an ICO would only raise a small amount of funds most likely . then any time the currency looks like its going to rise in interest of value someone who paid 10% into the ico is gonna dump coins for profit.

With an auction , as time goes by, as more people every week or month begin to use it, once the dev strts to dvelop apps and create real world value and use to the coin, the auctions will increase in value in relation to the marketcap in real time
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:55:12 AM

he is selling now!

why is it dirtier?

Coin right now has so many followers, an ICO would only raise a small amount of funds most likely . then any time the currency looks like its going to rise in interest of value someone who paid 10% into the ico is gonna dump coins for profit.

With an auction , as time goes by, as more people every week or month begin to use it, once the dev strts to dvelop apps and create real world value and use to the coin, the auctions will increase in value in relation to the marketcap in real time

why are you in crypto? if you don;t want to make money by buying low selling high?

where is you logic of investment?
clemahieu (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 122

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:59:34 AM

I'm in crypto because Bitcoin didn't do what I thought it should.  It seemed like a system with an ongoing operating expense, mining, that was being paid by everyone holding though inflation, mining rewards.

I watched the space for a lot of years and it didn't seem like what should be done was being done.

The mining expense could be an acceptable trade off if it were necessary though I don't think it is.

RaiBlocks is my expression of how I think the system can operate without a massive, slow opex attached to the system.

RaiBlocks coin:  Instant blocks, no fees
jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:01:49 AM

he is selling now!

why is it dirtier?

why are you in crypto? if you don;t want to make money by buying low selling high?

Where did i state anything you just stated?

why are you in crypto to make shit up about other people that they didn't say?

I am already invested , if i wanted to invest , i would invest by buying now, waiting for the market cap to increase over several months then sell......just like any other investor should or could

both options being suggested still allow investors to make money , both are investments in speculation of future promises and potential

you still failed to answer why its dirtier
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:10:16 AM

he is selling now!

why is it dirtier?

Where did i state anything you just stated?

why are you in crypto to make shit up about other people that they didn't say?

I am already invested , if i wanted to invest , i would invest by buying now, waiting for the market cap to increase over several months then sell......just like any other investor should or could

both options being suggested still allow investors to make money , both are investments in speculation of future promises and potential

you still failed to answer why its dirtier

you are shitting up to change the free faucet to bid auction, which will only raise price and put all btc slowly into dev hands.

that is why i am saying bid auction is worse than ICO.

you are the only one vouch for this stupid bid auction.   that is shitting up for sure.

what benefits you can get from the bid auction? this project has already got popularity, and we have to pay more to collect for sure.

jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:17:39 AM

you are shitting up to change the free faucet to bid auction, which will only raise price and put all btc slowly into dev hands.

you are the only one vouch for this stupid bid auction.   that is shitting up for sure.

what benefits you can get from the bid auction? this project has already got popularity, and we have to pay more to collect for sure.

So i didn't say anything you suggested , you just made up a pile of shitting

Read my previous posts i have suggest other options and have said it isn't the best option , but if a dev for a project i believe in who has worked his ass off for 2 years creating an idea he had is getting mass msgs from people complaining becayse they now cant claim free coins anymore for free monies. then i will defend his decisions.

If the auction shows that it is not working out in the next week or so i will be more vocal about the idea not working but since it hasn't even really begun yet and other coins have had reasonable success with similar methods of distribution i am going to see how it goes for the next few weeks , not pissing myself and crying cos i can no longer get free coins 
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:19:54 AM

So i didn't say anything you suggested , you just made up a pile of shitting

Read my previous posts i have suggest other options and have said it isn't the best option , but if a dev for a project i believe in who has worked his ass off for 2 years creating an idea he had is getting mass msgs from people complaining becayse they now cant claim free coins anymore for free monies. then i will defend his decisions.

If the auction shows that it is not working out in the next week or so i will be more vocal about the idea not working but since it hasn't even really begun yet and other coins have had reasonable success with similar methods of distribution i am going to see how it goes for the next few weeks , not pissing myself and crying cos i can no longer get free coins 

where is the successful coin with bid auction last for one - two years?  tell me!
jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:27:55 AM

where is the successful coin with bid auction last for one - two years?  tell me!

what does time duration have to do with it?

tell me a successful coin that has lasted for 20 years with POW ................

There have been successful coins that have used many different distribution methods including auctioning off coins , duration of distribution doesn't really have much influence on their success , development does .

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:30:18 AM

where is the successful coin with bid auction last for one - two years?  tell me!

tell me a successful coin that has lasted for 20 years with POW ................

There have been successful coins that have used many different distribution methods including auctioning off coins , duration of distribution doesn't really have much influence on their success , development does .

yeah.  dev will succeed to get money.

only we will fail to get rich.

MALCOM X X X

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:33:08 AM

Everybody need money..

When this coin a lot of interest..

He is selling it right now.. Grin

Just like my prediction... Grin Grin Grin Grin

jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:34:32 AM

yeah.  dev will succeed to get money.

only we will fail to get rich.

How will you fail to get rich by investing?

when an auction happens , its the users that determine the price, its the top 7 peoples offers that get the blocks, these will likely be around the same price as current market value.

once the coin rises in value, the bids for the next auction will be higher because the coin has a higher market cap, giving those who buy coins in the auction to sell those coins because they just bought them for roughly the current rate.

then after a few more weeks the price rises again, maybe people who invested 4-5 months ago now have a 100% profit on the coins they bought at auction 4-5 months ago, anyone buying into the auction now will be paying almost market value and will not dump their coins because they wouldn't make any money, this protect your investment and allows you to sell for a profit.....
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:35:07 AM

Everybody need money..

When this coin a lot of interest..

He is selling it right now.. Grin

Just like my prediction... Grin Grin Grin Grin

and in most notorious way.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: