Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:33:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774989 times)
- SpaceMan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:54:51 PM

It's my impression or dev ruined the coin?
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:59:09 PM

bid auction is innuendo for greed.

so ICO seems more honest and fair.
clemahieu (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 122

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:03:48 PM

If the faucet modification plan would work and would be accepted I don't see a need for an ICO.

From the start the auction plan was never about me getting money.  From when I started this project the only thing I've wanted is for cryptocurrency to be successful and to fix issues with other systems that weren't being fixed.

RaiBlocks coin:  Instant blocks, no fees
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:16:48 PM

If the faucet modification plan would work and would be accepted I don't see a need for an ICO.

From the start the auction plan was never about me getting money.  From when I started this project the only thing I've wanted is for cryptocurrency to be successful and to fix issues with other systems that weren't being fixed.

sorry if i misunderstand your plan.

I love Rai, because i see the potential from neat features. I don't mind if you get some funds either from ICO or other ways.

hope RAI goes big and I see you have prominent career records and not fishy at all.

all i am whining for is a proper distribution.   again. I won't blame you if you get fund you deserve.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:18:23 PM

What is the new Faucet modification plan ?

I dont think Auction is a good idea.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:18:38 PM

What made it boom in interes was faucet, that was interesting for both those who were doing "work" for people that wanted more than they could claim, and those who wanted more than they could claim themselves.
And when it was at it's peak popularity, you go and turn distribution off and start talking about auctions.. i'm not sure you really had "the best intentions" for the coin, per se
kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:22:15 PM

People got interested because faucet with captcha is/was the most fair distribution ever on a coin. Of course some ppl will pay for others to solve captcha for them but that kind of stuff will always happen. The point is, the massive interest from this coin comes from the awesome features (speed, fee, dev dedication etc) AND the distribution.

Why fix something that is not broken??
mirana12345

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:26:09 PM

People got interested because faucet with captcha is/was the most fair distribution ever on a coin. Of course some ppl will pay for others to solve captcha for them but that kind of stuff will always happen. The point is, the massive interest from this coin comes from the awesome features (speed, fee, dev dedication etc) AND the distribution.

Why fix something that is not broken?? - Being in a position to earn some money brings out the worst in people, it's pretty self explainatory
I just hope that some better solution ends up being done, there's too much bad altcoins on the altcoin graveyard already
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:29:01 PM

Why fix something that is not broken?? - Being in a position to earn some money brings out the worst in people, it's pretty self explainatory
I just hope that some better solution ends up being done, there's too much bad altcoins on the altcoin graveyard already

The people in a position to earn money as in me or faucet clickers?

mirana12345

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Be a bit realistic here; what can they earn ? 0.01 -0,02 for whole day of claiming ? And on the other side you ..
Do what you think it's best, it's your decision in the end, but i think you could earn a lot more placing some ads on the site than one time deals you will get with auction.
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:34:12 PM

what a popular topic in today  Grin
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:35:11 PM

Be a bit realistic here; what can they earn ? 0.01 -0,02 for whole day of claiming ? And on the other side you ..
Do what you think it's best, it's your decision in the end, but i think you could earn a lot more placing some ads on the site than one time deals you will get with auction.

Agreed, it's almost as if my motivation wasn't a cash grab but was related to technical problems of distributing through the faucet.

The proposal might fix those technical issues by doing payouts in bulk.

cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:36:25 PM

I'm just gonna say this. You can't prevent people from accumulating. I am interested in accumulating Mrai, I've openly stated that. No matter what you do, no matter how, I WILL find a way to accumulate it.

The reason why I think the faucet was a good way to distribute, was because it DOES NOT prevent poor people from getting in on it. Yes you will never be able to drop equally on all interested parties. But allowing anyone to get a chunk albeit small was a great idea.

As far as session clearing I thought you also block based on IP address. Perhaps blocking known IP ranges coming from AWS, etc. would work.

Now because you don't like the fact people like me are accumulating, you turn a 180 and completely remove the possibility that poor people could get in on it.

In fact with the auction you are now making it so I can accumulate a LOT of it all to myself. Heck I could hire 6 other guys and win ALL bids. And own ALL the supply. As much as I find this entertaining, I think it severely affects the trust. People don't like drastic changes in the midst of a campaign. You flip-flop, and that turns people off. This is why people like the concept of smart contracts, because you can't just change things the way you please.
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:40:04 PM

I'm just gonna say this. You can't prevent people from accumulating. I am interested in accumulating Mrai, I've openly stated that. No matter what you do, no matter how, I WILL find a way to accumulate it.

The reason why I think the faucet was a good way to distribute, was because it DOES NOT prevent poor people from getting in on it. Yes you will never be able to drop equally on all interested parties. But allowing anyone to get a chunk albeit small was a great idea.

As far as session clearing I thought you also block based on IP address. Perhaps blocking known IP ranges coming from AWS, etc. would work.

Now because you don't like the fact people like me are accumulating, you turn a 180 and completely remove the possibility that poor people could get in on it.

In fact with the auction you are now making it so I can accumulate a LOT of it all to myself. Heck I could hire 6 other guys and win ALL bids. And own ALL the supply. As much as I find this entertaining, I think it severely affects the trust. People don't like drastic changes in the midst of a campaign. You flip-flop, and that turns people off. This is why people like the concept of smart contracts, because you can't just change things the way you please.

I don't mind accumulating, in fact that's one of the things I have the least worry about for many of the reasons you listed. I had a technical problem of the result of maximizing accumulating by flogging the faucet which was directly generating transactions.

Solving that technical issue could alleviate my issues.

- SpaceMan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:42:15 PM

IMO, you should keep the way it was before. Faucet wasn't wrong.
I mean, you can everyday disable it at night or when it reaches the daily max, but dont turn it off for weeks... for fuck sake
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:42:37 PM

The closest thing I can think of to reinstating the faucet would be this:

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.

I guess this will solve the disturibution problems. All people will happy and by the way less work for you and your server systems too.
TheBomber999
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

"shh, he's coding..."

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:42:50 PM

+1
I think Dev also has understood right now Smiley

You either die a developer, or live long enough to see yourself become the scammer.
O muori da programmatore, o vivi tanto a lungo da diventare uno scammer.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:50:08 PM

I don't mind accumulating, in fact that's one of the things I have the least worry about for many of the reasons you listed. I had a technical problem of the result of maximizing accumulating by flogging the faucet which was directly generating transactions.

Solving that technical issue could alleviate my issues.

Please turn the Faucet ON if you want this Alt coin growing, esle its just an ordinary coins.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:51:28 PM

The closest thing I can think of to reinstating the faucet would be this:

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.

I like this approach. Or you could make the distribution happen after solving 100 captchas.
davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:30:24 PM

DEv,  what you can do for earn some money , just make a small exchange online on your website, people can sell the coin directly on your site and you can earn bitcoin all the transaction ! Let people to open profile and the faucet gos directly to each profile ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: