Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:13:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636979 times)
STranCoin

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:58:26 AM

XRP will not go over 2.5 this week. Volume is much lower than last week.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 10:07:22 AM

Ripple is an oddity in this game, it took me far too long to realize that it was a decent bet. mainly because it goes against everything I believe in crypto.. Centralization being the biggest thing.. but as most of us are here to earn more BTC we really need to take our hearts out of the investment. I did and have profited well so far.

you only need to look at the mainstream media articles pushing the coin and the possible coinbase move to realize that this coin still has some decent upside

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
flinty69

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:17:31 AM

Ripple is an oddity in this game, it took me far too long to realize that it was a decent bet. mainly because it goes against everything I believe in crypto.. Centralization being the biggest thing.. but as most of us are here to earn more BTC we really need to take our hearts out of the investment. I did and have profited well so far.

you only need to look at the mainstream media articles pushing the coin and the possible coinbase move to realize that this coin still has some decent upside

Exactly. I think too many people are thinking with their hearts and not with what is going to make them money. Look at the mass media attention, the partnerhships and their strengths, the fact that XRP is the banking sectors darling, the room to step up to $10. yes it would be a huge marketcap but it doesn't matter at this point. This is a trillion dollar sector that we are talking about.
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:46:50 PM

Ripple is making more and more partnerships with banks and institutions which is pushing the market as pressure element.
flinty69

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:16:26 PM

At this rate Ripple is going to make an amazing entry price for the Japanese when it list's on their DMM exchange this Thursday!

I'm holding this until $5 at least.
Kaldebaran

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:20:41 PM

I'm holding this until $5 at least.

I will do the same, I'm not sure about it's growth, I will be patient. Anyway, when I will reach this level, I will sell my XRP to money which suits better to cryptocurrency community
Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:35:44 PM

Reposting (not my post, credit goes to xrpmoonboiz over at xrpchat forum):

Bear with me...this will be a long, but I think very interesting, post. I read the article that came out today from Google talking about Google Pay and how it's already available on Airbnb, so I went down a rabbit hole for about 8 hours and dug a hole to China. Literally. And it basically was facts that I've read before, but never connected them all together. Take a look:

The craziest thing to me is how everything is connected in terms of companies, investors, you name it. And I should start by saying that I'm assuming the investors I mention (big name investors) probably have some power behind them and obviously they want a great return on their investment.

So we start with Founder's Fund. Founder's Fund (owned by Peter Thiel) is an early investor in Ripple, and also Airbnb. Founder's Fund and CapitalG (Google) are early investors in Lyft. Lyft uses Cross River Bank to pay their driver's, and Cross River Bank has implemented Ripple's software. Lyft uses Stripe as their payment processor, and CapitalG and Founder's Fund are early investors in Stripe, which also had an early investment from American Express Business Travel - this was acquired by Standard Chartered Bank who also invested in Ripple. So right there you can see how using Ripple links a ton of people, and has the potential to save companies money, which makes the big investors in those companies happy.

Then we go a little deeper. A vc firm, 500 Startups, founded by ex Google and PayPal employees invested in WePay, which is considered a market leader among payment providers for crowdfunding site and small business tools. WePay already partnered with Apple Pay and Android Pay (now Google Play), and they were acquired by JP Morgan at the end of 2017. At the end of 2017 there were also 15 JP Morgan executives in Ripple's office one day.

Google Ventures is an early investor in Ripple and Uber. dLocal is a payment provider who integrated Ripple's software in the second half of 2017, and its customers include Uber, AliPay, WeChat Pay, and Union Pay, which are China's 3 major digital payment providers and they're ******* huge.

AliPay is part of Alibaba, Union Pay has a partnership with PayPal, and WeChat is part of Tencent Holdings, which is the world's biggest investment corporation. Tencent also has Tenpay, a payment system similar to PayPal. It was reported that Tencent was working closely with China's Central Bank in 2017 to develop a central payments clearing platform for online payments. In August 2017, key leaders from China's Central Bank met with Ripple at their HQ. AliPay and WeChat are the payment providers for DiDi Chuxing, which is bigger than Uber in China - in fact Uber sold their China operations to Didi for a minority stake in Didi. AliPay is also accepted by Uber and Airbnb. Remember - Alipay uses dLocal which integrated Ripple's software in 2017.

Alibaba and Union Pay also invested in Ucar, a rival to Didi.

Tencent invested in Uber and Lyft, Alibaba and Didi invested in Lyft, and Softbank Group invested in Uber. Softbank Group also has a 30% stake in Alibaba. So again, because of the savings, if Ripple is saving these companies money, I would imagine everybody wants Ripple to be used in the companies they've invested in, especially if they are already linked to Ripple in some way.

And now onto India. Alibaba and Ant Financial (affiliate of Alibaba, most valuable fintech company in the world, and operates AliPay) have a 62% holding in Paytm. They also have a majority share in the parent company, One97 Communications. Paytm is trying to become the Alibaba of India. They have Paytm Mall, which is a clone of TMall, online retail operated in China by Alibaba. They also have Paytm wallets - could they follow in the footsteps of Alipay? Alibaba and Ant Financial are literally copying what they did with Alibaba but in India. Softbank also has a 20% stake in Paytm...remember they have a 30% stake in Alibaba. You can also use Paytm to pay for Uber...It's all connected. Patym is becoming Alibaba's vehicle for their ecommerce play in India.

Alibaba has a laser focus on payments because it sees payments as a key strategic battle to winning ecommerce. Up until a couple of days ago they were going to acquire MoneyGram, a top 5 global money transfer firms, but that was blocked by the US government. Remember, Ripple stated 3 of the top 5 global money transfer firms are on board with Ripple, so this move would have made a lot of sense seeing as Alibaba is already connected with Ripple. Alibaba said they're still going to work with MoneyGram even though they can't acquire them.

Also in India - Flipkart has big investments from Tencen/Softbank/Axis Bank. Axis Bank started using Ripple's software in 2017, Tencen's WeChat Pay runs on dLocal which uses Ripple's software, and Softbank obviously has a huge stake in Alibaba, which has AliPay running on dLocal as well.

And then for ***** and gigs, Bezos has personally invested in Uber and Airbnb. Amazon has Instacart through their acquisition of Whole Foods, and Andreessen Horowitz is an investor in Instacart...and Ripple. If we want to dig a little deeper, Sequoia Capital, which may just be invested in every company ever, has invested in Airbnb, Google, Instacart, PayPal, Stripe, and Yahoo. If we really want to stretch it, the President of Sequoia Capital's wife worked at Yahoo at the same time Brad was an SVP at Yahoo...which happened to be the same time Yahoo invested in Alibaba.

And this honestly might just be the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure there are so many more dots to be connected and a ton that I missed. But, it makes you wonder. If the companies are saving a lot of money through using Ripple's software, and eventually XRP, I can only imagine that the big name investors behind these companies using Ripple could potentially be encouraging their other investments to start using Ripple as well, if they aren't already. Is Alibaba, with their majority ownership, steering Paytm in the Ripple direction?

Welp, my brain hurts. This was a fun project though. Crossing my fingers for an announcement that Alibaba is completely using XRP, and somehow all of these actually are connected because I can't wrap my head around just how massive that would be.
brbrbrum

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:43:03 PM

Just exchanged some ETH for XRP. Expecting it to rise soon!
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 02:01:22 PM

I think so too, yesterday I exchanged eth to xrp hoping in the next 6 months the price exploded and I will exchange it for reinvest in a new coin that potentially

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:28:48 PM

I think so too, yesterday I exchanged eth to xrp hoping in the next 6 months the price exploded and I will exchange it for reinvest in a new coin that potentially

why? ripple is the ultimate banksterscam, it's not a cryptocurrency... https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/the-truth-about-ripple/

XRP is 100% premined, Ripple holds 60% of the supply, controls which nodes are selected as “trustworthy” to confirm transactions, while they have paid nothing to create those tokens that people are so willingly buying at $4+ per piece and thereby make the creators insanely rich. Let us call it what it really is, digital fiat, the renewed version of the debt-based traditional fiat system, leveraged by latest technology – which eventually has nothing to do with cryptocurrency whatsoever.

Ripple lacks all the reasons why bitcoin and other crypto's have value...

good luck anyway
Shinrai

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:28:14 PM

why? ripple is the ultimate banksterscam, it's not a cryptocurrency... https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/the-truth-about-ripple/

XRP is 100% premined, Ripple holds 60% of the supply, controls which nodes are selected as “trustworthy” to confirm transactions, while they have paid nothing to create those tokens that people are so willingly buying at $4+ per piece and thereby make the creators insanely rich. Let us call it what it really is, digital fiat, the renewed version of the debt-based traditional fiat system, leveraged by latest technology – which eventually has nothing to do with cryptocurrency whatsoever.

good luck anyway

Already heard before.

60% that are mostly ESCROWED. (I'm tired of saying it again and again and again)
Paid nothing but they created the token and are the ones working for XRP to be accepted by the banks and all. if it becomes widely accepted and allow people to send money all accross the globe with close to no fees, they do deserves to end rich and honestly, I don't mind.

I will pass on the old "bankers are bad, bitcoin will free the world" speech. BTC is useless in real life. XRP is faster, cheaper, and solves a real-life issue. There is a strong possibility it surpasses BTC in Marketcap before Q1 2019.

Days like today are a great opportunity to buy.

Good luck to you too anyway Wink
bobit

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:39:43 PM

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EY00C
"Money transfer company TransferWise said on Tuesday it is launching a low-cost "borderless" account and debit card in the first quarter of this year, in its latest bid to win customers by undercutting the foreign exchange fees charged by banks."

one of the 3 of the top 5 global money transfer companies = transferwise?
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:48:19 PM

Already heard before.

60% that are mostly ESCROWED. (I'm tired of saying it again and again and again)
Paid nothing but they created the token and are the ones working for XRP to be accepted by the banks and all. if it becomes widely accepted and allow people to send money all accross the globe with close to no fees, they do deserves to end rich and honestly, I don't mind.

I will pass on the old "bankers are bad, bitcoin will free the world" speech. BTC is useless in real life. XRP is faster, cheaper, and solves a real-life issue. There is a strong possibility it surpasses BTC in Marketcap before Q1 2019.

Escrowed or not? It's in the hands of a single company who created them out of thin air, how does this differ from a central bank printing fiat out of thin air?

You're confusing the ripple protocol (which might be adopted bigtime by banks) with the ripple tokens (the things you're buying of which you think they will be used by banks). I thought this whole crypto-thing was about cutting out the middlemen enriching themselves, not enriching the same middlemen even more? I must be too oldschool to comprehend :-)

How you mean 'useless in real life'? You mean you can't transact with it? Do you think gold is useless in real life? Sure, nobody uses it to transact with, but people who owned gold instead of dollars to save are way way way better off... So describing it as useless is very subjective...

Might surpass bitcoin and might make you paper profits, but you'll pay in freedom and future for you and your children

best of luck,
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:26:16 PM

Already heard before.

Escrowed or not? It's in the hands of a single company who created them out of thin air, how does this differ from a central bank printing fiat out of thin air?

You're confusing the ripple protocol (which might be adopted bigtime by banks) with the ripple tokens (the things you're buying of which you think they will be used by banks). I thought this whole crypto-thing was about cutting out the middlemen enriching themselves, not enriching the same middlemen even more? I must be too oldschool to comprehend :-)

How you mean 'useless in real life'? You mean you can't transact with it? Do you think gold is useless in real life? Sure, nobody uses it to transact with, but people who owned gold instead of dollars to save are way way way better off... So describing it as useless is very subjective...

Might surpass bitcoin and might make you paper profits, but you'll pay in freedom and future for you and your children

best of luck,

Ok, you come, you give some amazing shittalk, what is your alternative? Some privacy coin that is used in darknet for child pronography, drugs and other criminal/fraud/scam activity? This is what you want, that your children would be raped, sold and doxed?
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:37:03 PM

best of luck,

Ok, you come, you give some amazing shittalk, what is your alternative? Some privacy coin that is used in darknet for child pronography, drugs and other criminal/fraud/scam activity? This is what you want, that your children would be raped, sold and doxed?

Wow, dude, chill...

I like to discuss based on arguments... not on some baseless accusations... Please tell me where I told lies without insulting me...

Ok, you think it was shittalk, that's your opinion, no problem with that...

My alternative would be a trustless decentralized private coin without a mining-aristocracy that can't be created out of thin air at the whims of some company or central bank or whatever you want to call it...

The last thing you do is a total logical fallacy.

Because I would support a private currency (aka: if I transact with someone that person can't see what I have on my bank account or whom I transacted with in the past) I also support child rape and drugs? So, you're saying that privacy is something only criminals need/want? Is that correct: privacy is for criminals? Do you have curtains in your house? Do you protect your emailaccount with a password? Do you post publicly your banking statements?

Now, would you agree that because you're probably using some form of paper money (let's suppose dollars) and dollars are used for human trafficking, drugs and a whole other bunch of crimes much more than any private cryptocurrency, that you support all those things? Is that your reasoning?

Good luck anyway, and best regards.

edit: by the way, your reaction is totally over it... Make sure you're not emotionally attached to any investment you make... it's a recipe for disaster...
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:56:23 PM

best of luck,

Wow, dude, chill...

I like to discuss based on arguments... not on some baseless accusations... Please tell me where I told lies without insulting me...

Ok, you think it was shittalk, that's your opinion, no problem with that...

My alternative would be a trustless decentralized private coin without a mining-aristocracy that can't be created out of thin air at the whims of some company or central bank or whatever you want to call it...

The last thing you do is a total logical fallacy.

Because I would support a private currency (aka: if I transact with someone that person can't see what I have on my bank account or whom I transacted with in the past) I also support child rape and drugs? So, you're saying that privacy is something only criminals need/want? Is that correct: privacy is for criminals? Do you have curtains in your house? Do you protect your emailaccount with a password? Do you post publicly your banking statements?

Now, would you agree that because you're probably using some form of paper money (let's suppose dollars) and dollars are used for human trafficking, drugs and a whole other bunch of crimes much more than any private cryptocurrency, that you support all those things? Is that your reasoning?

Good luck anyway, and best regards.

edit: by the way, your reaction is totally over it... Make sure you're not emotionally attached to any investment you make... it's a recipe for disaster...

But you emotionally attached to some utopia, don't you? There is no such thing as decentralization, there is always something that is centralized and controlled, and maintained and etc. in some cases it happens on same level (layer) sometimes on other layers (levels). Blind people like yourself, come with some random topic and start shouting "Banksters" "Coin worth nothing" "scam". People like you really know nothing about settelment, how it affects other people life, how much money and manpower wasted to support cross-border payments, not speaking about time.

Everyone who calls Ripple or XRP a scam or coin without use, are ignorant idiots that just copy/paste:
- 70k transactions a sec
- 60% savings

Above has to be embossed in their shill heads.

I do not support Fiat, I born and it is surrounds me, no one gave me other choice. Crypto is just digitization of money world.

But Ok, lets get to the point, why do you need privacy? What are you hiding? Why you want to hide? Do you really need to hide and lock yourself, or it is problem in surroundings?
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:08:33 PM

But you emotionally attached to some utopia, don't you? There is no such thing as decentralization, there is always something that is centralized and controlled, and maintained and etc. in some cases it happens on same level (layer) sometimes on other layers (levels). Blind people like yourself, come with some random topic and start shouting "Banksters" "Coin worth nothing" "scam". People like you really know nothing about settelment, how it affects other people life, how much money and manpower wasted to support cross-border payments, not speaking about time.

Everyone who calls Ripple or XRP a scam or coin without use, are ignorant idiots that just copy/paste:
- 70k transactions a sec
- 60% savings

Above has to be embossed in their shill heads.

I do not support Fiat, I born and it is surrounds me, no one gave me other choice. Crypto is just digitization of money world.

But Ok, lets get to the point, why do you need privacy? What are you hiding? Why you want to hide? Do you really need to hide and lock yourself, or it is problem in surroundings?

I think there such thing as decentralization, even more, I think it is the future... Look at the internet, before year 2000, who could've imagined that information would be spread in such a decentralized way? Ok, it's not pure decentralisation, but it's much much better than the old where a few big companies could control the flow...
Maybe you can't see it in cryptocurrency and money, but I can, and if we keep striving for it, it might happen... Why would you call me blind? Maybe you're the one who can't/won't see? I didn't say ripple is worth nothing, I'm just saying it has nothing to offer besides just another controlsystem for the rich and powerful of this world. If ripple would become the mainstream, we would've just replaced one f-ed system that robs us for another...  

For your reasoning about why anyone would need privacy, I think I will just quote Snowden:

And Ayn Rand:

and maybe ask you to read the book 1984 by Orwell...

best regards,

edit: and just one simple question: You would be okay with it, that if you sent me money by bank, that I could see how much you have on your bank account, that I could see whom you transacted with in the past, for how much, how many times... yes?
ZenithWombat

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 06:13:03 PM

Sorry, but FUCK Ayn Rand.

And Ayn Rand:
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-civilization-is-the-progress-toward-a-society-of-privacy-the-savage-s-whole-existence-is-public-ayn-rand-150936.jpg

and maybe ask you to read the book 1984 by Orwell...

best regards,

[/quote]
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:15:44 PM

Sorry, but FUCK Ayn Rand.

Thank you kindly for your great arguments... damn, this is one toxic thread...

just because you don't agree with someone's ideology doesn't mean that person can't say anyhting right, no?
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:21:12 PM

good luck anyway

Yep can't argue with any of the above points. But banks are not going away and wallstreet still has it's hands in the crypto pie. And 70 percent of Bitcoin market is controlled by Chinese miners.
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: