Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:27:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636998 times)
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

But you emotionally attached to some utopia, don't you? There is no such thing as decentralization, there is always something that is centralized and controlled, and maintained and etc. in some cases it happens on same level (layer) sometimes on other layers (levels). Blind people like yourself, come with some random topic and start shouting "Banksters" "Coin worth nothing" "scam". People like you really know nothing about settelment, how it affects other people life, how much money and manpower wasted to support cross-border payments, not speaking about time.

Everyone who calls Ripple or XRP a scam or coin without use, are ignorant idiots that just copy/paste:
- 70k transactions a sec
- 60% savings

Above has to be embossed in their shill heads.

I do not support Fiat, I born and it is surrounds me, no one gave me other choice. Crypto is just digitization of money world.

But Ok, lets get to the point, why do you need privacy? What are you hiding? Why you want to hide? Do you really need to hide and lock yourself, or it is problem in surroundings?

I think there such thing as decentralization, even more, I think it is the future... Look at the internet, before year 2000, who could've imagined that information would be spread in such a decentralized way? Ok, it's not pure decentralisation, but it's much much better than the old where a few big companies could control the flow...
Maybe you can't see it in cryptocurrency and money, but I can, and if we keep striving for it, it might happen... Why would you call me blind? Maybe you're the one who can't/won't see? I didn't say ripple is worth nothing, I'm just saying it has nothing to offer besides just another controlsystem for the rich and powerful of this world. If ripple would become the mainstream, we would've just replaced one f-ed system that robs us for another...  

For your reasoning about why anyone would need privacy, I think I will just quote Snowden:

And Ayn Rand:

and maybe ask you to read the book 1984 by Orwell...

best regards,

edit: and just one simple question: You would be okay with it, that if you sent me money by bank, that I could see how much you have on your bank account, that I could see whom you transacted with in the past, for how much, how many times... yes?

So far you did not answer my questions, you did not provide me any argument. Decentralization will not be born from thin air, even Ripple is not printed from thin air like many of like you spread. It has an circulation of 100B coins, 55B was put into escrow (useless step though, instead of "Ripple can dump" people like you started to say "Ripple can print", though Ripple did it just for community not that they needed that to do).

Once again, decentralization will not born, just because you strive, like you will not produce poo without consuming something, you can strive in toilet as much as you can, but first eat than do poo.

As of privacy, you lost it when you bought your first modem from Telco and started typing into thing called internet, its the same as to write on the wall in public place, or shout.

zenchi8

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:29:46 PM

I have bought ripple at 2.6 euro's. So now I have quite a big loss since it's now at 1.9 euro's.

HODL or (panic) sell? I dont know anymore.
vsyc

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:34:10 PM

I have bought ripple at 2.6 euro's. So now I have quite a big loss since it's now at 1.9 euro's.

260 pages people were saying that they got robbed in fiat, in btc.

260 pages prove that this people were terribly wrong.

The one who bought 7 monts ago ATH did 10x profit

Now, do your own math
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:35:56 PM

So far you did not answer my questions, you did not provide me any argument. Decentralization will not be born from thin air, even Ripple is not printed from thin air like many of like you spread. It has an circulation of 100B coins, 55B was put into escrow (useless step though, instead of "Ripple can dump" people like you started to say "Ripple can print", though Ripple did it just for community not that they needed that to do).

Once again, decentralization will not born, just because you strive, like you will not produce poo without consuming something, you can strive in toilet as much as you can, but first eat than do poo.

As of privacy, you lost it when you bought your first modem from Telco and started typing into thing called internet, its the same as to write on the wall in public place, or shout.

Your first 2 sentences are more of an opinion. You're right about the printing though, there's a limit on the number of ripples. I was more talking about the fact that they were just 'created' by 'a push on the button'... There wasn't any energyconsumption, no work, a rippletoken represents nothing...

So because there's a lack of privacy now, we should just give everything away according to you, we shouldn't care anymore... I'll ask my very simple question again then:

edit: and just one simple question: You would be okay with it, that if you sent me money by bank, that I could see how much you have on your bank account, that I could see whom you transacted with in the past, for how much, how many times... yes?

Would you please answer it now?

Branko

Activity: 2520
Merit: 319

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:40:53 PM

Already heard before.

60% that are mostly ESCROWED. (I'm tired of saying it again and again and again)
Paid nothing but they created the token and are the ones working for XRP to be accepted by the banks and all. if it becomes widely accepted and allow people to send money all accross the globe with close to no fees, they do deserves to end rich and honestly, I don't mind.

I will pass on the old "bankers are bad, bitcoin will free the world" speech. BTC is useless in real life. XRP is faster, cheaper, and solves a real-life issue. There is a strong possibility it surpasses BTC in Marketcap before Q1 2019.

Days like today are a great opportunity to buy.

Good luck to you too anyway Wink

Escrowed or not? It's in the hands of a single company who created them out of thin air, how does this differ from a central bank printing fiat out of thin air?

You're confusing the ripple protocol (which might be adopted bigtime by banks) with the ripple tokens (the things you're buying of which you think they will be used by banks). I thought this whole crypto-thing was about cutting out the middlemen enriching themselves, not enriching the same middlemen even more? I must be too oldschool to comprehend :-)

How you mean 'useless in real life'? You mean you can't transact with it? Do you think gold is useless in real life? Sure, nobody uses it to transact with, but people who owned gold instead of dollars to save are way way way better off... So describing it as useless is very subjective...

Might surpass bitcoin and might make you paper profits, but you'll pay in freedom and future for you and your children

best of luck,

Aren't your bitcoin miners middleman in this case, and more greedy than any bank? I mean, charging $50 for $1 transfer...really???
ZenithWombat

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 06:43:33 PM

Sorry, I dont mean to condemn your personal ideology and of course you're free to express your opinion. Its just that I have a negative visceral reaction to that name. IMO Rand was completely full of shit. her theory of objectivism is ridiculous. I also happen to prefer Tribalism as the tribe is humanity's natural social unit, just a product of evolution, and as for the obsession with privacy some have, while I sympathize, to me its kinda like standing in front of an avalanche and shouting "I defy this!". I think it is inevitable we are progressing toward less and less privacy. I'm not saying I agree with this, (there is no agreeing or disagreeing the avalanche exists) but how, given obvious technological and societal trends, can we avoid being swept away? and ultimately I do prefer transparency to secrecy.

Sorry, but FUCK Ayn Rand.

Thank you kindly for your great arguments... damn, this is one toxic thread...

just because you don't agree with someone's ideology doesn't mean that person can't say anyhting right, no?
zenchi8

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:44:25 PM

260 pages people were saying that they got robbed in fiat, in btc.

260 pages prove that this people were terribly wrong.

The one who bought 7 monts ago ATH did 10x profit

Now, do your own math

I don't know what you mean by that. Sorry.
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:45:59 PM

Aren't your bitcoin miners middleman in this case, and more greedy than any bank? I mean, charging $50 for $1 transfer...really???

Surely I'm not saying bitcoin is perfect! But there are other decentralized and trustless cryptocurrencies solving this specific problem in some ways without me having to trust some central corporation... I found this quite a good read actually: https://tomluongo.me/2017/11/16/the-foundation-of-the-next-cryptocurrency-bull-market/

Not saying he's right, but interesting hypothesis nonetheless...

best regards
Branko

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:49:47 PM

I think he asked you to sell XRP so someone else can enjoy it and so we can enjoy your lament and tears
soon
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:51:19 PM

Sorry, I dont mean to condemn your personal ideology and of course you're free to express your opinion. Its just that I have a negative visceral reaction to that name. IMO Rand was completely full of shit. her theory of objectivism is ridiculous. I also happen to prefer Tribalism as the tribe is humanity's natural social unit, just a product of evolution, and as for the obsession with privacy some have, while I sympathize, to me its kinda like standing in front of an avalanche and shouting "I defy this!". I think it is inevitable we are progressing toward less and less privacy. I'm not saying I agree with this, (there is no agreeing or disagreeing the avalanche exists) but how, given obvious technological and societal trends, can we avoid being swept away? and ultimately I do prefer transparency to secrecy.

Haha, no problem dude... by the way, who says it's my personal ideology... I kinda just like that particular quote of hers (and some others for that matter)... Doesn't mean I agree with her theories...

I respect your opinion. I think it will be a difficult fight indeed, but a society without privacy I think will be a totalitarian society... If you have some spare time I can advize you to read 1984 by Orwell, it was written in 1948 and paints a grim picture with some trends that are clearly visible now... and they're not the good ones...

Imagine living like this:

Branko

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:53:15 PM

Surely I'm not saying bitcoin is perfect! But there are other decentralized and trustless cryptocurrencies solving this specific problem in some ways without me having to trust some central corporation... I found this quite a good read actually: https://tomluongo.me/2017/11/16/the-foundation-of-the-next-cryptocurrency-bull-market/

Not saying he's right, but interesting hypothesis nonetheless...

best regards

I support many cryptocurrencies, and XRP is one among them...my support for XRP (or anyone elses) won't destroy
any other crypto...you're free to support whichever you like...if I won't like the way Ripple develops, I'll just remove
my support by selling...so I really don't see point in constant FUD in this thread...at least be creative and find
some new one, reading same biased FUD arguments over and over is really boring
vsyc

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:53:57 PM

Your first 2 sentences are more of an opinion. You're right about the printing though, there's a limit on the number of ripples. I was more talking about the fact that they were just 'created' by 'a push on the button'... There wasn't any energyconsumption, no work, a rippletoken represents nothing...

So because there's a lack of privacy now, we should just give everything away according to you, we shouldn't care anymore... I'll ask my very simple question again then:

Would you please answer it now?

There is nothing wrong with that, you can look and see my bank account, problem is not in that, why would I hide? Problem is in society, not in what I do with my bank account, if everyone has food, house, other things that help build family, why would I care about my bank account, why would I need one at all?

Take Bitcoin, 11 million of bitcoins were created by the end of 2011, just 3 years. Not a big effort. No-one cares in nowadays about rest of the coins, because most coins in concentrated in hands of exchanges and other guys like Winkelvoss brothers.

This is hard to call work, the rest is just illusion to produce fake value "We mine", common like.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:56:53 PM

Awesome disussion here. I like it very much. Above all: The postings from obit33. I totally agree with that. But:
This thread here is about speculation.
Although I support the idea of a a decentralized, absolute private coin, I am making profit with XRP. And in my opinion, there is much more profit on the way.
Immoral?
Maybe. But on the other hand: An objective view. Sad but true.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:57:49 PM

There is nothing wrong with that, you can look and see my bank account, problem is not in that, why would I hide? Problem is in society, not in what I do with my bank account, if everyone has food, house, other things that help build family, why would I care about my bank account, why would I need one at all?

Take Bitcoin, 11 million of bitcoins were created by the end of 2011, just 3 years. Not a big effort. No-one cares in nowadays about rest of the coins, because most coins in concentrated in hands of exchanges and other guys like Winkelvoss brothers.

This is hard to call work, the rest is just illusion to produce fake value "We mine", common like.

Hmmz, and you said I was living in some utopia  Smiley

First gold that was mined was also easy... doesn't really matter, gold still represents scarcity, it still represents all the work in all the ages that was put in mining it...
Anything that comes out of nothing at no cost is worth 'nothing'...

Anyway, agree to disagree, glad we can end this discussion in a more civilized way then it started...

best regards,
obit33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:59:06 PM

Awesome disussion here. I like it very much. Above all: The postings from obit33. I totally agree with that. But:
This thread here is about speculation.
Although I support the idea of a a decentralized, absolute private coin, I am making profit with XRP. And in my opinion, there is much more profit on the way.
Immoral?
Maybe. But on the other hand: An objective view. Sad but true.

I understand and you are right, I was just about to wrap up... guess I just felt a little 'attacked' by some statements and wanted to defend my point of view...

will go now...

all the best of luck with trading and investments, wanting to make money is totally not immoral in my opinion, so go ahead  Smiley

best regards,
Branko

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:05:11 PM

First gold that was mined was also easy... doesn't really matter, gold still represents scarcity, it still represents all the work in all the ages that was put in mining it...

Anyway, agree to disagree, glad we can end this discussion in a more civilized way then it started...

best regards,

Google was created out of nothing, too...is it worthless?
zenchi8

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

I think he asked you to sell XRP so someone else can enjoy it and so we can enjoy your lament and tears
soon

So HODL...

And yes I thought this was a speculation thread and not for the discussion that is going on. So my apologies for my stupid question.  Roll Eyes
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:24:35 PM

XRP goes quickly I think will continue to go back by looking at the side of the market charts, continuing to 10$ just exhilarating my financial applause for the merchants performance buying now increases will happen in a few days.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
vsyc

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:26:19 PM

best regards,

Did not get your sarcasm about utopia.

In reality gold lost it value long time ago and it does not represent real situation, as more we drill, more we find it.

It has more value being juwelery and accessorie than some store of value.

And again, in case of catastrophe, alive cow and chicken, and tomato seeds will have more value than all bitcoins and gold all together. As well as brains.
Branko

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:18:22 PM

Curious what will 11.01. bring to us, when DMM exchange opens
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: