Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389087 times)
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:25:40 AM

For ico you accept btc nxt and other coins ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YNWA2806

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:30:31 AM

7 days to go, seems like it's picking up more and more potential investors as well! What's everyone's guess for BTC on ICO's first day?

Based on recent ICO rush, I'll say 14K BTC is not a wild guess...
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:32:34 AM

7 days to go, seems like it's picking up more and more potential investors as well! What's everyone's guess for BTC on ICO's first day?

Based on recent ICO rush, I'll say 14K BTC is not a wild guess...

On the first day?!

@ Darkoth89 in this business you got to make sure...I need unambiguous answers.

That's fair enough, I understand where you are coming from, i'm sure sasha35625 will confirm!
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:35:03 AM

Regarding the reputation-karma system, how can it function properly withno fake reviews? i.e. what stops someone to create a good karma through sockpuppet waves accounts?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:40:15 AM

Regarding the reputation-karma system, how can it function properly withno fake reviews? i.e. what stops someone to create a good karma through sockpuppet waves accounts?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.msg14361793#msg14361793

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:41:51 AM

Thanks for the link  Cool Cool

Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:43:14 AM

Any dates for the papers yet?

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:47:20 AM

Any dates for the papers yet?

Everything is done in real time, new things and updates will be showing up as soon as possible. For the latest big updates just follow http://blog.wavesplatform.com

When new newsletter is available, it will be also sent out instantly.

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:51:32 AM

For ico you accept btc nxt and other coins ?

At the moment BTC, other coins are being discussed but NXT is not one of them.

bezbezbez

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:52:48 AM

Subscribe to our newsletter you can here - http://wavesplatform.com/
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:08:02 AM

As an investor I'd feel scammed if I invested in Waves and here is why. On the just released blog message you wrote;

"What about blokchain tokens of our own? Do we want WAVES to be the value transfer token? NO: for that we have Bitcoin. Money transfer is the first killer app of blockchain technology. It won’t be the last, but still it will dominate blockchain tech for years to come. But one thing is obvious here, ONE (or a few) cryptocurrencies should be used as a currency, otherwise the network effect which is needed for something to be used as a currency will never be realised. We’ll be doing our bit to help Bitcoin become the first INTERnational currency (as opposed to NATIONAL currencies). It will be deeply integrated in our platform through a corresponding token, backed by Bitcoin multisig technology and a reputable Bitcoin exchange. It can’t be made fully decentralized for now, but we will integrate Bitcoin into a new ecosystem where it can be traded, in a decentralized way, against blockchain tokens — effectively creating a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange/crowfdfunding platform. Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset). It opens up new dimensions for doing business on blockchains, effectively replicating traditional markets and making Bitcoin trading decentralized."

This implies that there will be absolutely nothing special or unique about Waves tokens, so why the hell should I invest in buying them? To me it just feels like investors got to put in a lot of money buying worthless Waves tokens so you guys can make an innovative platform. Seems to me it's not worth it to invest, like I mentioned in my previous posts, you got to give Waves tokens functionality. If you refuse to do so, it's like investing in air, it's nothing, it has no intrinsic value or purpose other than funding you guys... Undecided

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)."

So explain to me what can I do with Waves tokens on the platform that I can't do with bitcoin, dogecoin or shitcoin? Because the text seems to clearly imply that bitcoin will have special functionality and all other crypto currencies on the platform (including Waves tokens) are equal.?
You can't really do anything without WAVES tokens, since everything is run using them - all tx fees, all asset issuance and transfer, everything.
We will support other "money" crypto besides Bitcoin too ( DASH, Litecoin and Dogecoin seem to be a good choice now), but obviously Bitcoin transfers will dominate (at least in near future)
What can we do for Bitcoin - we enable decentralized trading against bitcoin. so it's like decentralized bittrex!

So I can't pay fees, issue assets or transfer assets with other crypto currencies or fiat tokens? Can you confirm this?

Waves token is the fuel for the whole platform and all operations happening there. When you are doing any of the things mentioned above Waves token is used, when you will be trading with other crypto currencies or fiat which will be represented there as tokens, Waves token will be used, when you are transferring assets, Waves token is used, when you are withdrawing asset in form of currency to your wallet, Waves token is used. When someone is issuing the asset Waves token is used. When all other projects will be using Waves platform, the same Waves token will be used for all their operations. Other currencies will be just supported on the platform.

"when I buy Waves tokens I own a coin that has less functionality than for example dogecoin" i won`t comment

b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:11:28 AM

As an investor I'd feel scammed if I invested in Waves and here is why. On the just released blog message you wrote;

"What about blokchain tokens of our own? Do we want WAVES to be the value transfer token? NO: for that we have Bitcoin. Money transfer is the first killer app of blockchain technology. It won’t be the last, but still it will dominate blockchain tech for years to come. But one thing is obvious here, ONE (or a few) cryptocurrencies should be used as a currency, otherwise the network effect which is needed for something to be used as a currency will never be realised. We’ll be doing our bit to help Bitcoin become the first INTERnational currency (as opposed to NATIONAL currencies). It will be deeply integrated in our platform through a corresponding token, backed by Bitcoin multisig technology and a reputable Bitcoin exchange. It can’t be made fully decentralized for now, but we will integrate Bitcoin into a new ecosystem where it can be traded, in a decentralized way, against blockchain tokens — effectively creating a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange/crowfdfunding platform. Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset). It opens up new dimensions for doing business on blockchains, effectively replicating traditional markets and making Bitcoin trading decentralized."

This implies that there will be absolutely nothing special or unique about Waves tokens, so why the hell should I invest in buying them? To me it just feels like investors got to put in a lot of money buying worthless Waves tokens so you guys can make an innovative platform. Seems to me it's not worth it to invest, like I mentioned in my previous posts, you got to give Waves tokens functionality. If you refuse to do so, it's like investing in air, it's nothing, it has no intrinsic value or purpose other than funding you guys... Undecided

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)."

So explain to me what can I do with Waves tokens on the platform that I can't do with bitcoin, dogecoin or shitcoin? Because the text seems to clearly imply that bitcoin will have special functionality and all other crypto currencies on the platform (including Waves tokens) are equal.?
You can't really do anything without WAVES tokens, since everything is run using them - all tx fees, all asset issuance and transfer, everything.
We will support other "money" crypto besides Bitcoin too ( DASH, Litecoin and Dogecoin seem to be a good choice now), but obviously Bitcoin transfers will dominate (at least in near future)
What can we do for Bitcoin - we enable decentralized trading against bitcoin. so it's like decentralized bittrex!

So I can't pay fees, issue assets or transfer assets with other crypto currencies or fiat tokens? Can you confirm this?

Waves token is the fuel for the whole platform and all operations happening there. When you are doing any of the things mentioned above Waves token is used, when you will be trading with other crypto currencies or fiat which will be represented there as tokens, Waves token will be used, when you are transferring assets, Waves token is used, when you are withdrawing asset in form of currency to your wallet, Waves token is used. When someone is issuing the asset Waves token is used. When all other projects will be using Waves platform, the same Waves token will be used for all their operations. Other currencies will be just supported on the platform.

"when I buy Waves tokens I own a coin that has less functionality than for example dogecoin" i won`t comment

Thank you, now that's an unambiguous answer  Wink Smiley

I like to speculate
sasha35625 (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:15:42 AM

You can, but under the hood it always goes through the Waves token. You pay a fee in USD, at the same an order is sent to sell your USD and buy some Waves to pay the fee. USD is liquid so it goes through fast, and the fee is paid. If you try to pay with an illiquid asset you'll have to wait till it's sold

b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:19:27 AM

You can, but under the hood it always goes through the Waves token. You pay a fee in USD, at the same an order is sent to sell your USD and buy some Waves to pay the fee. USD is liquid so it goes through fast, and the fee is paid. If you try to pay with an illiquid asset you'll have to wait till it's sold

Hmmm now I am undecided again  Tongue .Let me rephrase it, if I don't own any Waves tokens and I am not planning on buying any Waves tokens ever, will I be able to pay fees, issue assets or transfer assets on the Waves platform? Or are you saying, if you pay a fee in say USD it automatically gets converted into Waves tokens? sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I need to be absolutely sure  Wink

I like to speculate
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:25:24 AM

Hmmm now I am undecided again  Tongue .Let me rephrase it, if I don't own any Waves tokens and I am not planning on buying any Waves tokens ever, will I be able to pay fees, issue assets or transfer assets on the Waves platform? Or are you saying, if you pay a fee in say USD it automatically gets converted into Waves tokens? sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I need to be absolutely sure  Wink
Yeah I'm wondering too. These are things everyone needs to know in non technical terms to get a grasp of what its all about at the very basic level. That will instill confidence in investors.

sasha35625 (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

yes. You'll be able to buy a USD pr BTC token, and then proceed with it. And the fee will automatically be converted, yes.

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:09:28 AM

Just read the core magazine article.

Can someone ELI5 the vision that WAVES can be used as a data storage medium? e.g. what kind of data?

thanks in advance

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:14:22 PM

Exactly. Waves is more futuristic.

lol, cmon now.

You can do asset-asset trading
I regarded it as the most import features that waves provide.
So asset price will not be influenced by price of wave token. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:02:39 PM

It's funny reading all the drama going on in the lisk thread.  I think everyone's upset about the delay because now they can't dump their lisks for waves.  lol 
crilleaz

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

★ Always strive for the best ★

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 01:16:14 PM

It's funny reading all the drama going on in the lisk thread.  I think everyone's upset about the delay because now they can't dump their lisks for waves.  lol 

Both coins will generate a lot of revenue for all of us

LiskFaucets. The hub and rotator for Lisk faucets. Overview faucets | RotatorReferral generator
Vote for 'liskfaucets' as delegate so we can ensure higher faucet rewards!
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: