Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:11:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389091 times)
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:56:02 AM

They have Bitcoin and Voxel (uphold created). If they wanted more profit, they would add ETH and other currencies in due time. Unknown if that's in their plans, so if WAVES can get the not even born atomic trade functionality working, might be a selling point. But right now it's just in the idea stage. How's WAVES going to get this ready , even as a test by summer, if it's dependent on another groups' work?

Gee, look at this..

http://themerkle.com/uphold-will-add-litecoin-and-ethereum-soon/

From my quick understanding after looking at uphold's website, it only act as a financial reserve in some curency and assets (such as gold).
Can you crowfund your project in a decentralized way using uphold and then trade the asset on a blockchain ?
If no then uphold and waves have a very different design.
If yes can you provide me with a link so I can check it out ? (real question)

Thanks
Exactly. Waves is more futuristic.

sjccrypto

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:20:25 AM

From my quick understanding after looking at uphold's website, it only act as a financial reserve in some curency and assets (such as gold).
Can you crowfund your project in a decentralized way using uphold and then trade the asset on a blockchain ?
If no then uphold and waves have a very different design.
If yes can you provide me with a link so I can check it out ? (real question)

Thanks

As far as I know, you can't crowdfund on Uphold's platform, but then again, I'm not a developer.

They have a different design, but again how many Joe's want to crowdfund? And if so, why not use ETH? or the 10 others that you can crowdfund on. If you want to FIAT conversion, which is a big selling point for WAVES, it's already here. Uphold, Coinbase, Tether, SuperNET. Shapeshift for alts, and even sasha's own coinomat for alts + how many others?

But the point is about mass adoption, unless it's simplified for the masses, I don't see it going mainstream. This doesn't mean WAVES can't be successful but always good to know who you are competing against.
sjccrypto

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:29:56 AM

lol, cmon now.
MagicIsMe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Negative trust resolution: index.php?topic=1439270

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:03:36 AM

I have already updated my signature. You can now update the spreadsheet as my status there was Pending. Also, will there be an issue once I get ranked up to Full Member? (That is after I update the signature to the corresponding rank.

MagicIsMe

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:37:06 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 06:27:41 AM by MagicIsMe

I have already updated my signature. You can now update the spreadsheet as my status there was Pending. Also, will there be an issue once I get ranked up to Full Member? (That is after I update the signature to the corresponding rank.
Also, I have followed the official WAVES Twitter account with the username @kyle_reynoso and signed up for the newsletter using my email, mynameisjeff@europe.com.

May I create and maintain an official WAVES thread for the Philippines (Filipino)? Board here

EDIT: I have now joined the group in Facebook

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:14:08 AM

Is it me or can we only like the facebook page and not join it?

I assume liking the page is enough to be eligable for the bounty?
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:16:58 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 06:27:30 AM by b1007

Sorry for sounding harsh, I appreciate you are willing to help me out (although I am sure it's not because of altruism lol  Cheesy ). Nevertheless, as an investor I am sure you realise that I am only interested in ROI. And your comparison does not quite make sense for me as an investor. When I buy shares I own a piece of a company, when I buy Waves tokens I own a coin that has less functionality than for example dogecoin. Because dogecoin can also be used just as well as Waves tokens on the Waves platform, but it also has functionality outside of the platform. So to me, it seems like investing in Waves tokens is like investing in absolutely worthless vanilla coins that people can buy when they feel like it, but why should they if they can just as easily put some dogecoins on the platform or any other crypto currency? As long as there is no clear connection between the Waves platform and the Waves tokens I simply can't see good prospects of a decent ROI...I like the idea of the platform though and I appreciate your responsiveness, I hope you will value my feedback and think things through...  Wink

I see your point. You are asking the special relationship between "Waves the platform" and "Waves the coin." The network fees in the platform will be paid only in the underlying cryptocurrency, that is the essential connection. In order to operate in the platform, you will first need to buy the tokens. Otherwise, you would be right in your point that buying Waves tokens is meaningless from a purely investor approach.

You do realize that Uphold already has a working asset to asset business, ready now to use? Why would avg Joe want to use WAVES as opposed to already available, easy to use Uphold?

There is no user-created crypto-assets in Uphold. No financial intermediary institution can create its own assets without the assent of the company. No crowdfunding project can raise money there. So Uphold is basically and essentially a company, not a crypto-platform.
Will the fees be proportional to the size of transactions, say something within the range of 1-3 percent? This will guarantee a continual demand for Waves tokens? Also are banks also supposed to use the platform eventually? BTW can you explicitly confirm that fees can ONLY be paid with Waves tokens and not with fiat money or other crypto currencies? because right now your answer sounds a little ambiguous...

I like to speculate
MagicIsMe

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:22:42 AM

I assume liking the page is enough to be eligible for the bounty?
I did a little research and found the group here, created by Wavesplatform himself in his comment here. Hopefully this answers your query.

bezbezbez

Activity: 367

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:23:47 AM

You will have to register at the ICO site and have your twitter/facebook account validated in the profile, after the ICO ends you receive your bonus automatically.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:27:55 AM

I assume liking the page is enough to be eligible for the bounty?
I did a little research and found the group here, created by Wavesplatform himself in his comment here. Hopefully this answers your query.

Thanks

EDIT: Looks more like a fan made group though. Any info on the people behind WAVES? Their identity etc?

You will have to register at the ICO site and have your twitter/facebook account validated in the profile, after the ICO ends you receive your bonus automatically.

You mean the link that sends you to the signature sign up form? I cannot join the sig campaign until my other campaign ends unfortunately.
MagicIsMe

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:31:27 AM

You mean the link that sends you to the signature sign up form? I cannot join the sig campaign until my other campaign ends, unfortunately.

Don't worry. According to the details of the campaign, as long as you wear the signature within one week(at the least) and make 50 posts, you will be rewarded the stakes corresponding to your rank.

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:31:52 AM

lol, cmon now.

You can do asset-asset trading(like real trading, not conversion) and create asset, crowdfund your project with fiat tokens there ? lol from when ?

Also can you issue loyalty tokens and pay fees in that token also ?

Do they have reputation system for this also ?

Are they using unique tech solving probably blockchain bloat problem ?

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:39:22 AM

Sorry for sounding harsh, I appreciate you are willing to help me out (although I am sure it's not because of altruism lol  Cheesy ). Nevertheless, as an investor I am sure you realise that I am only interested in ROI. And your comparison does not quite make sense for me as an investor. When I buy shares I own a piece of a company, when I buy Waves tokens I own a coin that has less functionality than for example dogecoin. Because dogecoin can also be used just as well as Waves tokens on the Waves platform, but it also has functionality outside of the platform. So to me, it seems like investing in Waves tokens is like investing in absolutely worthless vanilla coins that people can buy when they feel like it, but why should they if they can just as easily put some dogecoins on the platform or any other crypto currency? As long as there is no clear connection between the Waves platform and the Waves tokens I simply can't see good prospects of a decent ROI...I like the idea of the platform though and I appreciate your responsiveness, I hope you will value my feedback and think things through...  Wink

I see your point. You are asking the special relationship between "Waves the platform" and "Waves the coin." The network fees in the platform will be paid only in the underlying cryptocurrency, that is the essential connection. In order to operate in the platform, you will first need to buy the tokens. Otherwise, you would be right in your point that buying Waves tokens is meaningless from a purely investor approach.

You do realize that Uphold already has a working asset to asset business, ready now to use? Why would avg Joe want to use WAVES as opposed to already available, easy to use Uphold?

There is no user-created crypto-assets in Uphold. No financial intermediary institution can create its own assets without the assent of the company. No crowdfunding project can raise money there. So Uphold is basically and essentially a company, not a crypto-platform.
Will the fees be proportional to the size of transactions, say something within the range of 1-3 percent? This will guarantee a continual demand for Waves tokens? Also are banks also supposed to use the platform eventually? BTW can you explicitly confirm that fees can ONLY be paid with Waves tokens and not with fiat money or other crypto currencies? because right now your answer sounds a little ambiguous...

We will be collaborating with entities that deal with bank directly and ultimately with banks themselves. Obviously there will be two 'tiers' of users, those that limit themselves to crypto transfers and the ones that will want to withdraw FIAT. For the former group there will be no need to disclose any kind of personal information, but for the latter, obviously there will be a KYC step. This is very clear from day 1, this is not a super-anon-project but one that will in fact collaborate with entities like banks and facilitate them the access to blockchain tech.

Everyone can create colored coins or assets, but due to our (sometimes negative) experience in NXT environment where anyone can just pay a fee and create an asset we will be incorporating a reputation (karma) system where people with positive background will clearly have more reliability at the time of issuing assets. Anyone that purchase an asset/coin from a zero-reputation emitter, is under their own responsibility.

There are many things that we have in mind to offer 'guarantees' on cases like tokens or coins that are theoretically backed by physical (or other) assets, for example notarized documents (Proof of Existance) - This is still in early stages of development and represents a BIG gap to fill since we would have to go through legal systems and work together with licensed professionals, not an easy task, so in the very beginning the reputation system will be the most reliable way to know if an asset is just wind or something solid.

We will facilitate the FIAT <> Crypto exchange, in fact is the core of Waves' vision.

I know many projects who will be moving to the Waves blockchain from the Nxt blockchain at once after launch as for usage.

You will be able to trade Waves also on standard exchange, not only to use it on the asset exchange.

YNWA2806

Activity: 398

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:42:34 AM

Hey Sasha, please add my Hebrew translation to the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1425536.0
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:45:19 AM

Yes as for other campaigns following/liking is enough. Then:

sasha35625 (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:54:43 AM

As an investor I'd feel scammed if I invested in Waves and here is why. On the just released blog message you wrote;

"What about blokchain tokens of our own? Do we want WAVES to be the value transfer token? NO: for that we have Bitcoin. Money transfer is the first killer app of blockchain technology. It won’t be the last, but still it will dominate blockchain tech for years to come. But one thing is obvious here, ONE (or a few) cryptocurrencies should be used as a currency, otherwise the network effect which is needed for something to be used as a currency will never be realised. We’ll be doing our bit to help Bitcoin become the first INTERnational currency (as opposed to NATIONAL currencies). It will be deeply integrated in our platform through a corresponding token, backed by Bitcoin multisig technology and a reputable Bitcoin exchange. It can’t be made fully decentralized for now, but we will integrate Bitcoin into a new ecosystem where it can be traded, in a decentralized way, against blockchain tokens — effectively creating a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange/crowfdfunding platform. Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset). It opens up new dimensions for doing business on blockchains, effectively replicating traditional markets and making Bitcoin trading decentralized."

This implies that there will be absolutely nothing special or unique about Waves tokens, so why the hell should I invest in buying them? To me it just feels like investors got to put in a lot of money buying worthless Waves tokens so you guys can make an innovative platform. Seems to me it's not worth it to invest, like I mentioned in my previous posts, you got to give Waves tokens functionality. If you refuse to do so, it's like investing in air, it's nothing, it has no intrinsic value or purpose other than funding you guys... Undecided

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)."

So explain to me what can I do with Waves tokens on the platform that I can't do with bitcoin, dogecoin or shitcoin? Because the text seems to clearly imply that bitcoin will have special functionality and all other crypto currencies on the platform (including Waves tokens) are equal.?
You can't really do anything without WAVES tokens, since everything is run using them - all tx fees, all asset issuance and transfer, everything.
We will support other "money" crypto besides Bitcoin too ( DASH, Litecoin and Dogecoin seem to be a good choice now), but obviously Bitcoin transfers will dominate (at least in near future)
What can we do for Bitcoin - we enable decentralized trading against bitcoin. so it's like decentralized bittrex!

MagicIsMe

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:07:26 AM

Also, I have followed the official WAVES Twitter account with the username @kyle_reynoso and signed up for the newsletter using my email, mynameisjeff@europe.com.

May I create and maintain an official WAVES thread for the Philippines (Filipino)? Board here

EDIT: I have now joined the group in Facebook
So am I accepted @sasha35625?

b1007

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:21:52 AM

We will be collaborating with entities that deal with bank directly and ultimately with banks themselves. Obviously there will be two 'tiers' of users, those that limit themselves to crypto transfers and the ones that will want to withdraw FIAT. For the former group there will be no need to disclose any kind of personal information, but for the latter, obviously there will be a KYC step. This is very clear from day 1, this is not a super-anon-project but one that will in fact collaborate with entities like banks and facilitate them the access to blockchain tech.

Everyone can create colored coins or assets, but due to our (sometimes negative) experience in NXT environment where anyone can just pay a fee and create an asset we will be incorporating a reputation (karma) system where people with positive background will clearly have more reliability at the time of issuing assets. Anyone that purchase an asset/coin from a zero-reputation emitter, is under their own responsibility.

There are many things that we have in mind to offer 'guarantees' on cases like tokens or coins that are theoretically backed by physical (or other) assets, for example notarized documents (Proof of Existance) - This is still in early stages of development and represents a BIG gap to fill since we would have to go through legal systems and work together with licensed professionals, not an easy task, so in the very beginning the reputation system will be the most reliable way to know if an asset is just wind or something solid.

We will facilitate the FIAT <> Crypto exchange, in fact is the core of Waves' vision.

I know many projects who will be moving to the Waves blockchain from the Nxt blockchain at once after launch as for usage.

You will be able to trade Waves also on standard exchange, not only to use it on the asset exchange.

Thanks for the answer, but I think here we are again reviewing things from a different angle. I am sure you guys have figured out an awesome platform with fiat gateways, BUT as a potential investor in Waves tokens I'd like to know whether there will be an EXCLUSIVE relationship between the Waves platform and Waves tokens. My question was very simple; can I only pay fees using Waves tokens on the Waves platform? Or can I pay fees also in other (crypto) currencies? It seems like you are dancing around my question by telling me how awesome the platform will be, as a potential investor I am only interested in how awesome Waves tokens will be, if there is no exclusive relationship between Waves tokens and the Waves platform, then to me buying Waves tokens is only investing in the Waves platform/supporting developers without good chances of a high ROI, I am not here to be altruistic so please explain, why should I want to buy Waves tokens if there is no exclusive relationship between the Waves tokens and the Waves platform? thanks  Wink

I like to speculate
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:22:51 AM

7 days to go, seems like it's picking up more and more potential investors as well! What's everyone's guess for BTC on ICO's first day?
b1007

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:23:54 AM

As an investor I'd feel scammed if I invested in Waves and here is why. On the just released blog message you wrote;

"What about blokchain tokens of our own? Do we want WAVES to be the value transfer token? NO: for that we have Bitcoin. Money transfer is the first killer app of blockchain technology. It won’t be the last, but still it will dominate blockchain tech for years to come. But one thing is obvious here, ONE (or a few) cryptocurrencies should be used as a currency, otherwise the network effect which is needed for something to be used as a currency will never be realised. We’ll be doing our bit to help Bitcoin become the first INTERnational currency (as opposed to NATIONAL currencies). It will be deeply integrated in our platform through a corresponding token, backed by Bitcoin multisig technology and a reputable Bitcoin exchange. It can’t be made fully decentralized for now, but we will integrate Bitcoin into a new ecosystem where it can be traded, in a decentralized way, against blockchain tokens — effectively creating a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange/crowfdfunding platform. Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset). It opens up new dimensions for doing business on blockchains, effectively replicating traditional markets and making Bitcoin trading decentralized."

This implies that there will be absolutely nothing special or unique about Waves tokens, so why the hell should I invest in buying them? To me it just feels like investors got to put in a lot of money buying worthless Waves tokens so you guys can make an innovative platform. Seems to me it's not worth it to invest, like I mentioned in my previous posts, you got to give Waves tokens functionality. If you refuse to do so, it's like investing in air, it's nothing, it has no intrinsic value or purpose other than funding you guys... Undecided

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)."

So explain to me what can I do with Waves tokens on the platform that I can't do with bitcoin, dogecoin or shitcoin? Because the text seems to clearly imply that bitcoin will have special functionality and all other crypto currencies on the platform (including Waves tokens) are equal.?
You can't really do anything without WAVES tokens, since everything is run using them - all tx fees, all asset issuance and transfer, everything.
We will support other "money" crypto besides Bitcoin too ( DASH, Litecoin and Dogecoin seem to be a good choice now), but obviously Bitcoin transfers will dominate (at least in near future)
What can we do for Bitcoin - we enable decentralized trading against bitcoin. so it's like decentralized bittrex!

So I can't pay fees, issue assets or transfer assets with other crypto currencies or fiat tokens? Can you confirm this?

I like to speculate
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: