Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:56:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389087 times)
shinep

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:13:52 PM

>>- First ICO day bonus. Users who buy WAVES tokens on April,12 receive a bonus of 20%
Is this coming from the pool of 1m set aside for early supporters or from the 85m itself?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 04:15:37 PM

This coin looks really interesting. I will look more into it soon
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:45:43 PM

Need to research this some more - looks promising.
debutant

Activity: 1806
Merit: 682

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:58:00 PM

I buy !
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:08:04 PM

I buy !
Good choice!!  Cheesy Cool
fitraok09
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009

TRX: TCRKDukYt2zDie9vJDhToKrP3tyTV29U48

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:33:50 PM

join signature done  Smiley
LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:35:39 PM

I have my 10 BTC ready for Day 1.

tintumon

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:39:57 PM

I envy the whales  Angry
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:53:14 PM

I envy the whales  Angry

Envy is the ulcer of the soul. Be happy with what you can afford.  Smiley
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:55:24 PM

So many eyes on this amazing project and preparing to get in at the right time to grab some bonuses, i also feel this project will get more attention and will rock, waiting to get launch of this ico.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:06:00 PM

Very interesting project.  Looks like the waves are rolling in.  Keeping my eye on this.  Good luck!
tintumon

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:11:57 PM

Very interesting project.  Looks like the waves are rolling in.  Keeping my eye on this.  Good luck!
Lets make it better than LISK  Grin
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:12:49 PM

I think WAVES already began to draw attention of investors towards it before the start of the ICO.All these indicators shows that this project is also going to let it mark in digital world in coming weeks and months.With the passage of time we will see lot of activities by new people in this thread.
JollyTrades

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:45:54 PM

Lets make it better than LISK  Grin

Let's not compete! As the song says, "together we stand, divided we fall."

On the other hand,

Thumbs up for WAVES!
ngdias

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:57:34 PM

Hey,

1. Why create a new token/blockchain? OpenLedger for example already has fiat integration and the possibility to create assets. There are other coins that also offer colored coins functionality. Why not add your dev team to an existing team and make something already working even better?

2. Why not just continue to use NXT? What is wrong with NXT that prevents you to add fiat tokens and reputation systems to it.

3. The Dev team gets all the money from the ICO, plus 9M tokens? You're essentially being paid twice. There is no coin burning... You have to agree that from a certain point-of-view this looks like a money grab and a get-rich-quick plan. If the devs want to profit further from their work, why don't they buy the tokens they want themselves, with what they're being paid from the ICO? I'm sure we're not talking about modest salaries here. I wouldn't be making this point - a cut being reserved for devs - if there was no ICO.

4. There are plenty of bots around to make money on exchanges, market-making etc. Why don't you put some of those to work with a part of the ICO fund to support the 'post-ICO bounties', instead of reserving 1M?

5. '4 million tokens are reserved for strategical partners and backers' - could this be more transparent? 'partners and backers' would usually buy their way in, no? I'd love to see examples, even if you don't mention any specific 'partners and backers'

The comparisons with Lisk ICO are inevitable, but I'm not sure this will even get close to the values there...
tintumon

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:25:58 PM

Hey,

1. Why create a new token/blockchain? OpenLedger for example already has fiat integration and the possibility to create assets. There are other coins that also offer colored coins functionality. Why not add your dev team to an existing team and make something already working even better?

2. Why not just continue to use NXT? What is wrong with NXT that prevents you to add fiat tokens and reputation systems to it.

3. The Dev team gets all the money from the ICO, plus 9M tokens? You're essentially being paid twice. There is no coin burning... You have to agree that from a certain point-of-view this looks like a money grab and a get-rich-quick plan. If the devs want to profit further from their work, why don't they buy the tokens they want themselves, with what they're being paid from the ICO? I'm sure we're not talking about modest salaries here. I wouldn't be making this point - a cut being reserved for devs - if there was no ICO.

4. There are plenty of bots around to make money on exchanges, market-making etc. Why don't you put some of those to work with a part of the ICO fund to support the 'post-ICO bounties', instead of reserving 1M?

5. '4 million tokens are reserved for strategical partners and backers' - could this be more transparent? 'partners and backers' would usually buy their way in, no? I'd love to see examples, even if you don't mention any specific 'partners and backers'

The comparisons with Lisk ICO are inevitable, but I'm not sure this will even get close to the values there...
Interesting perspective. Curious to see the dev responses.
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:36:36 PM

>>- First ICO day bonus. Users who buy WAVES tokens on April,12 receive a bonus of 20%
Is this coming from the pool of 1m set aside for early supporters or from the 85m itself?

I would like to know this also
JollyTrades

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:01:58 PM

Hey,

1. As far as I know, OpenLedger is based on the BitShares's "market peg" idea. BitShares differs from WAVES in two fundamental ways. First, its consensus algorithm is DPoS, meaning that only a given number of "delegates" have the power to validate blockchain transactions, as opposed to the PoS consensus where each full node is accredited for validation. This means that the WAVES platform supports full decentralization whereas BitShares team is not taking a step out of their "delegated" version. The second difference is the feasibility of the "market peg" approach. This is of course open to discussion, but one may objectively evaluate the success of that approach by looking at the history of their most praised market pegged crypto-asset, namely, BitUSD. I doubt if any big corporation in the future will ever decide to rely on the idea "if everyone thinks something is worth 1 USD, then that thing is forced to be worth 1 USD." Corporations demand guarantee, and that guarantee may only be given with a fully reserved crypto-fiat, which is the case for CoinoUSD of Nxt, for example, whose success is indubitable. Now the WAVES platform goes even further from where Nxt leaves us.

Thus, it is because of what makes the WAVES team unique, that is, because of our vision (I'm not a part of the dev team but I fully share their vision) that no other crypto-platform initiative could comply the possibilities that our platform will provide. I believe that the principal of these possibilities is asset-to-asset trading. I myself posted about this in many forums, asking why there is no such feature. The general reaction was that this is a bad idea because it goes against the nature of the blockchain technology. In their view, allowing "crypto-fiat to crypto-asset" transactions would destroy the use of the underlying coin on which the entire system is based. For instance, if people are able to buy a crypto-share of a crowdfunding project without being obliged to buy BTC, that would reduce the demand for and liquidity of BTC. But that is the cost of unleashing the power of the blockchain technology. Restricting the network would do no good for the ecosystem. Conversely, even though our approach will create a less demand for the underlying Waves-coin, it will make the mass adoption possible, and it will enhance the use of the blockchain technology.

2. The discrepancy in the visions of the crypto-initiative teams, as I said, is the main cause of why the WAVES team cannot work for improving an existing system. This goes same for the Nxt as well. You may read Nxt Forums; there are tons of discussions about which way to take. As the Nxters are insistent on their approach, the WAVES team has been obliged to draw their own way.

I will leave the other questions for someone who knows more than me.
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:16:33 PM

Hey,

1. As far as I know, OpenLedger is based on the BitShares's "market peg" idea. BitShares differs from WAVES in two fundamental ways. First, its consensus algorithm is DPoS, meaning that only a given number of "delegates" have the power to validate blockchain transactions, as opposed to the PoS consensus where each full node is accredited for validation. This means that the WAVES platform supports full decentralization whereas BitShares team is not taking a step out of their "delegated" version. The second difference is the feasibility of the "market peg" approach. This is of course open to discussion, but one may objectively evaluate the success of that approach by looking at the history of their most praised market pegged crypto-asset, namely, BitUSD. I doubt if any big corporation in the future will ever decide to rely on the idea "if everyone thinks something is worth 1 USD, then that thing is forced to be worth 1 USD." Corporations demand guarantee, and that guarantee may only be given with a fully reserved crypto-fiat, which is the case for CoinoUSD of Nxt, for example, whose success is indubitable. Now the WAVES platform goes even further from where Nxt leaves us.

Thus, it is because of what makes the WAVES team unique, that is, because of our vision (I'm not a part of the dev team but I fully share their vision) that no other crypto-platform initiative could comply the possibilities that our platform will provide. I believe that the principal of these possibilities is asset-to-asset trading. I myself posted about this in many forums, asking why there is no such feature. The general reaction was that this is a bad idea because it goes against the nature of the blockchain technology. In their view, allowing "crypto-fiat to crypto-asset" transactions would destroy the use of the underlying coin on which the entire system is based. For instance, if people are able to buy a crypto-share of a crowdfunding project without being obliged to buy BTC, that would reduce the demand for and liquidity of BTC. But that is the cost of unleashing the power of the blockchain technology. Restricting the network would do no good for the ecosystem. Conversely, even though our approach will create a less demand for the underlying Waves-coin, it will make the mass adoption possible, and it will enhance the use of the blockchain technology.

2. The discrepancy in the visions of the crypto-initiative teams, as I said, is the main cause of why the WAVES team cannot work for improving an existing system. This goes same for the Nxt as well. You may read Nxt Forums; there are tons of discussions about which way to take. As the Nxters are insistent on their approach, the WAVES team has been obliged to draw their own way.

Thank you for this
i like to read and get more knowledge when people technically discuss something new
lesson in review
good luck waves

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:37:47 PM

Hey,

3. Noone has idea as of now how big or small is gonna be the ICO, if a lot of funds is reaised, huge amount will be used still towards getting financial license. I don`t see at all holding some tokens by the team as bad way as it helps a lot in continuing development and other things after longer time. Counting and relying only on others wanting to develop on your platform is rather not direction i would like Waves team taking...There will be doc soon, covering projected development costs etc.

4. What is wrong eactly with post ICO bounties ? i would love to see many people supporting Waves not only before the end of ICO period...and definitely i would like not to see development funds or financial license funds to be used for it or for any bot...

5. Strategical partners and backers are partners that are collaborating in different ways, through common vision, development and other services, i would love to see many teams collaborating with Waves team and that`s what these funds are for. First great partner will be announced next week.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: