Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389087 times)
trolleroo

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:22:16 PM

from Yobit.net Chat:

taiw532: when will WAVES deposits enabled on Yobit?

BlackSmith LX: taiw532, ask Waves devs. We have no waves node.

BanzaiBTC: BlackSmith, you need a special node to run waves on your exchange?

BanzaiBTC: That called centralisation isnt it?

BubbleHash L1: dumped waves long ago

fraggyb: BanzaiBTC, yeh devs are very controlling

fraggyb: hopefully they'll release open source at somepoint

fraggyb: but devs are looking pretty shady imo

BanzaiBTC: No "node" or whatever for exchanges who want it listed.. is shitcoin nr. 1

BubbleHash L1: no open source

fraggyb: dumped all my waves for the rise ico

fraggyb: so many waves investors not getting their coins

BanzaiBTC: omg... people bought into that, and its not open source?

BubbleHash L1: waves autofail

BlackSmith LX: BanzaiBTC, source code of node for waves deps/withdrawals in auto mode. They provided it only for bittrex

fraggyb: then getting told they'll "get them soon" while the price is dropping fast

BubbleHash L1: BanzaiBTC, this is the first im hearing of it not being open source

BanzaiBTC: BlackSmith, That centralising something.. what a shitcoin lol

BanzaiBTC: Dont know much about waves... dont want to.. but if exchanges cant run a node if they want to.. that is shady as fuck

BlackSmith LX: BubbleHash, yes, it's first coin without open source. We did not know about this fact before ico. Not good for their coin.

BanzaiBTC: BubbleHash, word... And a very very bad move of the waves development team..

fraggyb: BanzaiBTC, you should look at the bitcointalk thread, they are a something else

BubbleHash L1: they ripped off scorex code, which was developed for crypto research

acaudill133 L1: what is the currency stock for os76 ?

BubbleHash L1: not to be a cryptocurrency, that was stated in a lisk interview

BubbleHash L1: can find link if need be

fraggyb: and now they are moving all the btc they got in the ico out to loads of different acounts

BubbleHash L1: yup

BubbleHash L1: epic scam

fraggyb: I bet waves is dead in no time

when Yobit.net gets WAVES Node???
this question is important.
this level of control from the dev team is too hard to understand. this is the most important waves fault, imo.
and i have no intention to troll the thread, because i support the project (i've got my posting history as evidence) and i would like to hold the waves i've got long term... but i could never agree with this weird position of keeping the source code secret and establishing an exchange monopoly, in total opposition to what a healthy cryptocurrency project should be :/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:22:26 PM

Very strange! After I have not gotten my Waves for more than a week I logged into my ICO account today and saw that the address field was empty again after I had already confirmed my address on 15th June. So I added and confirmed my address again. I hope it will work now.
I am sure I did it right the first time because I have two emails stating that I confirmed and changed my address. Is this a known issue?

I just checked my account. I added my address on 15th June and confirmed it.
The Waves did not arrived in my wallet. My wallet is synchronized until block 8793. Is this normal or have you not processed all confirmed Waves addresses?
Thanks for your support!

If you have not received a payout from ICO account, please register a new address and enter it in ICO profile. Next batches were processed few hours ago, check if you don't see not confirmed in your ICO account after clicking the link from the email.

Latest versions of the wallets

Google App - 0.3.3a Lite client - 0.3.3

When I wrote this post, last block was - 8804

Make sure that you make a backup copy of your seed. If you already checked your Seed, and you have got the same Waves address from one seed, in this case, You did everything right, and now just wait  Wink

Welcome to the universe of Waves Smiley
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:27:29 PM

Withdrawal function coming Soon.
Thank you for this vital waves related info

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
btcnoob85

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:29:38 PM

from Yobit.net Chat:

BanzaiBTC: No "node" or whatever for exchanges who want it listed.. is shitcoin nr. 1

BlackSmith LX: BanzaiBTC, source code of node for waves deps/withdrawals in auto mode. They provided it only for bittrex

fraggyb: then getting told they'll "get them soon" while the price is dropping fast

BubbleHash L1: BanzaiBTC, this is the first im hearing of it not being open source

BanzaiBTC: Dont know much about waves... dont want to.. but if exchanges cant run a node if they want to.. that is shady as fuck

BlackSmith LX: BubbleHash, yes, it's first coin without open source. We did not know about this fact before ico. Not good for their coin.

BanzaiBTC: BubbleHash, word... And a very very bad move of the waves development team..

fraggyb: BanzaiBTC, you should look at the bitcointalk thread, they are a something else

BubbleHash L1: they ripped off scorex code, which was developed for crypto research

fraggyb: and now they are moving all the btc they got in the ico out to loads of different acounts

To be honest the strategy to not give the code before being sure that there are no fatal bugs is quite OK because yobit is probably not the safest place. The project is too big. If Sascha is really that genius who will achieve his own goal to create a platform which combines the best of NXT, ETH, ripples, having fiat gateways and being a trading platform of assets linked to the real word then he should get it right. If it is true that Forbs is interested in an interview than he might get within a quite short time the media to advertise it for a mass market and the developers to make the thing bulletproof. Listen to the interview! Horrible audio quality but interesting visions.

░▒▓▓▒░ THE MOVEMENT DAO |  UNSTOPPABLE ORGANIZATION ░▒▓▓▒░
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:30:55 PM

from Yobit.net Chat:

this question is important.
this level of control from the dev team is too hard to understand. this is the most important waves fault, imo.
and i have no intention to troll the thread, because i support the project (i've got my posting history as evidence) and i would like to hold the waves i've got long term... but i could never agree with this weird position of keeping the source code secret and establishing an exchange monopoly, in total opposition to what a healthy cryptocurrency project should be :/

I can somehow understand. The devs made it clear, that yobit shouldn't sell IOUs, but yobit didn't care...
Now waves has a huge dump at the beginning of his history, because the yobit price was too high for the beginning.
I guess waves devs don't want yobit to participate in the early exchange volume as a kind of punishment...

Of course this is a centralized kind of thinking, but I guess the beginning of every decentralization is somehow centralized.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:36:29 PM

wow. Waves is not open source? I would have never invested if I knew that.

+1...  Sad

not yet! Like a lot of other coins at the beginning...
btcnoob85

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:43:50 PM

I only say https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAtH1HO8L0
Just a joke. I think it's the best.

outfitsoul

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:47:13 PM

Yup, I did!

This investment was like trying to steal the blinds only to be 3-bet by the small blind, then 4-bet by the big blind. I guess it does leave you with an easy fold...
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:50:29 PM

This is unbelievable...

A developer calling his investors small people while buying back the tokens he sold with their own money at a discount, propping up the price.

No I am not invested nor am I butthurt.

I just think it's amazing and sobering what people can get away with in crypto.

Huh

They did this to themselves

This Russian scammer was clearly he was going to do that, stupid you for purchasing it

now go to the rise topic and start hyping it, repeat the history and post this post again

drent301

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:54:16 PM

I just want some official news from the defs.
This is getting more and more shady every day.

- Is this still a serious project?
- What is the news about other exchanges?

Please tell us something. This way it is starting to look like a big scam!

btcnoob85

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:58:01 PM

Yup, I did!

This investment was like trying to steal the blinds only to be 3-bet by the small blind, then 4-bet by the big blind. I guess it does leave you with an easy fold...

Got my honey from LISK and thought it would be nice to triple a small part at least. I didn't see the 15000 BTC in the last days come. Who could imagine that immense insanity. Clearly the more invest the more think they can make a quick buck.

Richlife777

Activity: 193
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:59:02 PM

it does seem like a waste. maybe it will work if we rally together and move out of bittrex. let that whale have it by himself.
move our coin to an exchange that will list waves.

"That whale" is Sasha, the 5k he took out of bitcoin funds is being used for buy support.
Of course this whale is a Sasha himself..using a good moment for the buying..i would do the same...because he knows exactly what will be worth of the waves after 6 month
outfitsoul

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:00:05 PM

It's not a scam, just slightly over sold coin...
I think they have a new forum for the serious stuff.

You better join wavestalk.org if u are a beliver , here u wont get much info .... or u can use : https://wavesplatform.slack.com
or u can use twitter : https://twitter.com/wavesplatform , https://twitter.com/sasha35625
familiaverde

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:03:20 PM

Unlike many other crypto-initiatives, the Waves platform has unique real use cases that prove to be superior to the substitute centralized services of the current time. There might be a lot use cases for it, but let me tell you the most prevalent and featured ones.

First of all, we need to understand the underlying technology. It's asset-to-asset trading. That simple, actually. But the opportunities this feature will bring about is countless and enormous. It means that you will be able to create your own asset (like you can do with Counterparty or Nxt), and trade it against other assets created by others.

Now let's take a look at the real use cases.

1) Fiat integration: If a financial company creates its own asset and says that "I will sell this token for 1 USD and also buy it back at the same price," and comes up with a legal document showing its liability for the convertibility of the asset into real USD, then that asset is the USD-token. Its value is 1 USD, backed by real USD held in the bank account of that financial institution.

Now it means that you can trade any crypto-asset created in the platform against that USD-token. What are those assets in the platform? BTC, for instance, or ETH. So it means there is no need to worry about the reliability and security of the centralized exchanges. Bitfinex, Poloniex, Coinbase etc... In those hackable systems, you store your cryptos in hot wallets, and pay tons of transaction fees. But when you trade in the decentralized exchange of the Waves platform, you will hold your cryptos as well as your fiat in your Waves wallet, and the trading fees are just the network fees of the platform, that is, a few cents.

2) Crowdfunding projects: Think of it like a decentralized Kickstarter. You may issue your own token and sell it against USD in the platform. The positive consequences of such an application is apparent. You don't pay fees to a middleman. Your shares in the crowdfunding project is tradable. So it's like the company gets listed in a stock exchange right in the crowdfunding phase. And you don't have to take into account the price volatility of bitcoin, since you get the money already as USD.

3) International money transfers: That's a straight conclusion of the fiat integration. There will be many gateways in many countries, each issuing their local currency. Now if Alice wants to send 100 USD to Bob, and Bob wants EUR instead of USD, it's easily achievable by buying USD-tokens, converting them in the decentralized exchange to EUR-tokens and then send them to Bob, who will then use the EUR-gateway to get the tokens converted to real fiat and sent to his bank account.

Now this is what disrupts the traditional centralized model most. A platform to be the infrastructure of a wide range of companies which are competitors of Kickstarter, PayPal, and Bitfinex. I hope the long-term potential is obvious here. So why invest in Waves? Because each transaction in the platform will require a transaction fee, which is payable in Wave coins. So the adoption of the platform means the demand for the Wave coins, which should increase its value.

Note that the Waves platform doesn't only serve to the cryptocurrency community, but because of the fiat integration, it aims to be the decentralized network for the non-crypto folks as well.

I hope that counts as an explanation, and I hope you join us!

Best,

Jian

source : https://wavestalk.org/general-discussion/what-is-waves-and-why-is-it-great/msg178/?topicseen#msg178

You better join wavestalk.org if u are a beliver , here u wont get much info .... or u can use : https://wavesplatform.slack.com
or u can use twitter : https://twitter.com/wavesplatform , https://twitter.com/sasha35625
btcnoob85

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 08:04:53 PM

[/quote]

If it were a big scam you wouldn't have gotten any news at all. Sascha is horrible in promoting the project but at least he appears in public. It's not a scam but just a disappointment for investors with the wish to make a quick buck. Screwed 😂

outfitsoul

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:07:45 PM

I don't care about making a quick buck, I like the goals of the project, I will re-invest when the price becomes right and the code open source.
FANCIER

Activity: 207
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 08:10:29 PM

Unlike many other crypto-initiatives, the Waves platform has unique real use cases that prove to be superior to the substitute centralized services of the current time. There might be a lot use cases for it, but let me tell you the most prevalent and featured ones.

First of all, we need to understand the underlying technology. It's asset-to-asset trading. That simple, actually. But the opportunities this feature will bring about is countless and enormous. It means that you will be able to create your own asset (like you can do with Counterparty or Nxt), and trade it against other assets created by others.

Now let's take a look at the real use cases.

1) Fiat integration: If a financial company creates its own asset and says that "I will sell this token for 1 USD and also buy it back at the same price," and comes up with a legal document showing its liability for the convertibility of the asset into real USD, then that asset is the USD-token. Its value is 1 USD, backed by real USD held in the bank account of that financial institution.

Now it means that you can trade any crypto-asset created in the platform against that USD-token. What are those assets in the platform? BTC, for instance, or ETH. So it means there is no need to worry about the reliability and security of the centralized exchanges. Bitfinex, Poloniex, Coinbase etc... In those hackable systems, you store your cryptos in hot wallets, and pay tons of transaction fees. But when you trade in the decentralized exchange of the Waves platform, you will hold your cryptos as well as your fiat in your Waves wallet, and the trading fees are just the network fees of the platform, that is, a few cents.

2) Crowdfunding projects: Think of it like a decentralized Kickstarter. You may issue your own token and sell it against USD in the platform. The positive consequences of such an application is apparent. You don't pay fees to a middleman. Your shares in the crowdfunding project is tradable. So it's like the company gets listed in a stock exchange right in the crowdfunding phase. And you don't have to take into account the price volatility of bitcoin, since you get the money already as USD.

3) International money transfers: That's a straight conclusion of the fiat integration. There will be many gateways in many countries, each issuing their local currency. Now if Alice wants to send 100 USD to Bob, and Bob wants EUR instead of USD, it's easily achievable by buying USD-tokens, converting them in the decentralized exchange to EUR-tokens and then send them to Bob, who will then use the EUR-gateway to get the tokens converted to real fiat and sent to his bank account.

Now this is what disrupts the traditional centralized model most. A platform to be the infrastructure of a wide range of companies which are competitors of Kickstarter, PayPal, and Bitfinex. I hope the long-term potential is obvious here. So why invest in Waves? Because each transaction in the platform will require a transaction fee, which is payable in Wave coins. So the adoption of the platform means the demand for the Wave coins, which should increase its value.

Note that the Waves platform doesn't only serve to the cryptocurrency community, but because of the fiat integration, it aims to be the decentralized network for the non-crypto folks as well.

I hope that counts as an explanation, and I hope you join us!

Best,

Jian

source : https://wavestalk.org/general-discussion/what-is-waves-and-why-is-it-great/msg178/?topicseen#msg178

vision is really good. We are waiting for real action.

WordPress Themes That Empower 437,821 Customers.
http://www.elegantthemes.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=40460
agaga

Activity: 815
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:11:50 PM

I have one simple question for devs:
When exactly the node will be open sourced & freely available?
familiaverde

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:12:26 PM

the dev team say that in about 2 weeks
agaga

Activity: 815
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:13:23 PM

the dev team say that in about 2 weeks

ok, thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: