Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which top 10 crypto do you feel is most likely to change its political policies in a way that affects a majority of its community members negatively.
bitcoin - 21 (17.1%)
Ethereum - 29 (23.6%)
Ripple - 8 (6.5%)
Litecoin - 2 (1.6%)
Maidsafe - 2 (1.6%)
DASH - 27 (22%)
Dogecoin - 2 (1.6%)
Factom - 2 (1.6%)
Monero - 26 (21.1%)
BitShares - 4 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL - Which crypto do you feel is the biggest "scam"? - - REVISED 4 ACCURACY -  (Read 5130 times)
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:48:26 PM

Poll is even more useless now than it was when first opened.

The original question was: "Which gets CALLED scam most often", now it's "which do you feel IS the biggest scam."

such skewed now, amaze.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:50:23 PM

Monero supporters will tell you DASH is a scam,
DASH supporters will tell you Monero is a scam,
Bitcoin supporters will tell you Ethereum is a scam,
almost everybody will tell you Ripple is a scam,
nobody knows BTS (but sounds similar to BTC)
and Maidsafe does not really do exist, how could anything be a scam that doesn't exist?

For an astute businessman, drawing polls on that background must be really frustrating. You can only estimate the rough numbers of supporters for each coin.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:13:50 PM

If it is impossible for Evan to steal (scam) shares in the future (like he essentially did in the past), then there can be no future scams, and this stock is accurately priced by the free market, however, if there is indeed a chance that Evan could steal shares again in the future, then, this coin has true potential for further scamming, and I wouldn't touch it with Hillary's dick.

The parameters of DASH have been changed many times (so many, in fact, it is hard to come up with a complete listing of all the changes). There is little question that Evan could change the parameters again (or, more precisely, "propose" that they be changed, while the dominant stakeholders including himself and his close associates would very likely endorse such a proposal).

So I am now wondering if I scratch DASH off my list, then what other coins follow a similar "hybrid" model like the one Amanda describes in her weekly column?

I think Decred is experimenting with blockchain-based voting. I'm sure there are others.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:14:42 PM

The original question was: "Which gets CALLED scam most often", now it's "which do you feel IS the biggest scam."

such skewed now, amaze.

Changing the wording of a poll after people have voted on it?

SCAM!
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:16:37 PM

If it is impossible for Evan to steal (scam) shares in the future (like he essentially did in the past), then there can be no future scams, and this stock is accurately priced by the free market, however, if there is indeed a chance that Evan could steal shares again in the future, then, this coin has true potential for further scamming, and I wouldn't touch it with Hillary's dick.

The parameters of DASH have been changed many times (so many, in fact, it is hard to come up with a complete listing of all the changes). There is little question that Evan could change the parameters again (or, more precisely, "propose" that they be changed, while the dominant stakeholders including himself and his close associates would very likely endorse such a proposal).

Damn smooth, you force me to post again. I was waiting for you to answer him and expecting... Please don't forget to make the point that masternodes are themselves an ongoing scam which you and I have both pointed out in the past. I will let you elaborate...I hope I don't need to post again.

greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:18:19 PM

Dash is scam said by the satoshi round table itself.
So everyone on dash will have to think twice about the said alt coin.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:23:51 PM

Damn smooth, you force me to post again. I was waiting for you to answer him and expecting... Please don't forget to make the point that masternodes are themselves an ongoing scam which you and I have both pointed out in the past. I will let you elaborate...I hope I don't need to post again.

I don't remember what parts of masternodes you think are the most scammy.

The technology is unsound and won't hold up under a decentralized adversarial scenario (it may hold up currently in practice because of latent centralization). Economically the people with the most masternodes will both earn disproportionately more money (especially since that masternodes don't really service any real workload and you can host 100 masternodes on one server) and have disproportionate influence in voting, which can in turn be used to make them more money. The scheme is designed to funnel money from outsiders to insiders.

The whole thing is a such a complete clusterfuck resulting from poor critical thinking skills (and/or deliberate scamming) in so many ways that I don't really know which ones to call out specifically.

schlonged (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:44:05 PM

LOL, You kids kick ass!

Proving once again that you can't make all the people happy all the time, just like on Capital Hill!

But enough distraction from the important political issues, like "how can blockchain technology root out corruption in your government!"  

Do you like what your elected officials are doing with your tax dollars.  Don't get me started.

I came here hoping that today's American youth will help me make America great again, and it seems to be working:

So I am now wondering if I scratch DASH off my list, then what other coins follow a similar "hybrid" model like the one Amanda describes in her weekly column?

I think Decred is experimenting with blockchain-based voting. I'm sure there are others.

Thank you for your input again smooth, you have clarified my concerns allowing me to reach the conclusion that DASH is indeed 100% not a scam.  Dash is just a community that is ruled by a king or dictator.  Those who buy DASH are completely at his mercy.  And that is OK, because they are free to leave (sell their coins) at any time.  I personally will not allow a dictator to determine the value of my money.  Thanks again to smooth and the rest of you guys for helping point out the obvious.  It just takes me longer to comprehend your terminology since I am not as familiar with tech as I am with the politics of business.

Which brings us to the other elephant in the room.  Amanda B. Johnson is completely wrong when she describes DASH's governance model as anything but a kingdom.  I'm sure that she believed the DASH propaganda before seeking the facts as I did.  I hope that she will show high personal and journalistic integrity by recanting her false reporting here when she calls DASH's governance structure a "hashocracy/meritocracy hybrid" when the indisputable facts reveal that DASH is nothing more than a dictatorship or kingdom.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQGlcLFhwE0#t=16s

It's OK for DASH to adhere to a dictatorship governance model, however, it is not OK for people to be lied to (which is what is occurring here).

OK, so since DASH is not a hybrid hashocracy/meritocracy, but this "Decred" coin is, maybe?

I'll check into this some more.  Thanks again.  I'm all about the governance aspect of crypto because I hate getting schlonged by those whom I elect to govern me.

TLDR:  The "scam" or lie that is portrayed by the DASH community is that its governance model is a "Hashocracy/Meritocracy hybrid" when in reality it is a Kingdom or Dictatorship.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:51:24 PM

Thank you for your input again smooth, you have clarified my concerns allowing me to reach the conclusion that DASH is indeed 100% not a scam.  Dash is just a community that is ruled by a king or dictator.  Those who buy DASH are completely at his mercy.  And that is OK, because they are free to leave (sell their coins) at any time.

When you define a common word in such a way that virtually nothing qualifies (short of being held up at gunpoint in a back alley), that is a good clue you are defining it in a manner that you invented and not in a manner consistent with standard English.

But in the end it doesn't matter. A scam by any other name will stink just as badly.

schlonged (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:57:27 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 02:08:23 PM by schlonged

Sorry, let me clarify.

DASH is no longer a scam because we all know now that its governance model is a Dictatorship.

DASH was a scam before this occurred, when it started out as a "Hashocracy/Meritocracy" hybrid.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQGlcLFhwE0#t=2m8s

Yes, like many political systems that start out with certain "ocracy" good intentions they have a slimy way of being corrupted over time (power corrupts weak minds), which is exactly what occurred here with DASH.  Until Evan pulled the scam, this coin was indeed scam free.  And now that the public knows the truth (that Evan is simply a Dictator), then it is no longer a scam.

TLDR:  If I'm telling you that I am a liar, and I lie to you, then I made no misrepresentation.  Since Evan is showing us that he is a dictator, we cannot claim that we did not see it coming when he changes the politicies of his community on a whim.

ELI5:

A dictator is not a liar (scammer), he just has the power to get away with lying to you

RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 02:08:24 PM

Sorry, let me clarify.

DASH is no longer a scam because we all know now that its governance model is a Dictatorship.

DASH was a scam before this occurred, when it started out as a "Hashocracy/Meritocracy" hybrid. 

Yes, like many political systems that start out with certain "ocracy" good intentions they have a slimy way of being corrupted over time (power corrupts weak minds), which is exactly what occurred here with DASH.  Until Evan pulled the scam, this coin was indeed scam free.  And now that the public knows the truth (that Evan is simply a Dictator), then it is no longer a scam.

TLDR:  If I'm telling you that I am a liar, and I lie to you, then I made no misrepresentation.  Since Evan is showing us that he is a dictator, we cannot claim that we did not see it coming when he changes the politics of his community on a whim.

ELI5:

A dictator is not a liar (scammer), he just has the power to get away with lying to you

Oh lordie, there is certainly an XKCD comic regarding this cluster-fuck of an attempt to portray understanding.

schlonged (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:10:15 PM

If you don't like living in a Dictatorship, don't own DASH.

Is that a simple enough truth for you?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/66184665.jpg
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:20:56 PM

Sorry, let me clarify.

Yes, like many political systems that start out with certain "ocracy" good intentions they have a slimy way of being corrupted over time (power corrupts weak minds), which is exactly what occurred here with DASH.  Until Evan pulled the scam, this coin was indeed scam free.  And now that the public knows the truth (that Evan is simply a Dictator), then it is no longer a scam.

TLDR:  If I'm telling you that I am a liar, and I lie to you, then I made no misrepresentation.  Since Evan is showing us that he is a dictator, we cannot claim that we did not see it coming when he changes the politicies of his community on a whim.

ELI5:

Evan scammed that's why he become a dictator..

a "scam before" cannot "un-scam" itself ..

DASH is a scamocracy  Wink
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:38:03 PM

It is not likely that it started with good intentions. The evidence of scamming dates back from before the launch.

It is also not accurate to say that the public "knows the truth". People continue to be misled by the propaganda being disseminated by Dash supporters claiming, for example, that the coins were "redistributed in the market" (when this is at best unprovable), or that the people involved had and have good intentions because the instamine was all a tragic accident (at best unlikely).

As long as attempts to mislead and confuse continue, and especially if they continue to succeed (and they do, as we continue to encounter people such as yourself who are confused), the scamming is ongoing, and not only a historical event.
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 02:39:24 PM

Haha, thank you.  You officially made my morning.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:48:11 PM

If you don't like living with the fact you have been scammed, don't own Dash

If you don't like swapping your BTC for scam coins don't own DASH.

You can't go from being a scam to a non-scam just by changing your claims after the fact.
To suggest this is just a scam sorry.

There is no point trying to reverse peoples opinion on what they have seen as fact already.

You can't launch something as being "totally fair distribution through POW" and then engineer it in your favour to keep the vast majority of the coins.

Then later say. We're changing the story to "we took all the coins and if you want to buy some for inflated prices you can" - see we are honest now so it is not a scam anymore

It's a total scam - will always be a scam.

Bumping this thread is crazy unless you're anti dash. People have to read through all the comments listing dash as number 1 scam before they get to your excuses justifying the scam asking them to accept paying btc  to be dictated to by a scammer.

A few coins are trying to get on the old masternodes train lately. Look around and buy improved dash for 1000x less .

Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:48:28 PM

such skewed now, amaze.

Changing the wording of a poll after people have voted on it?

SCAM!

Haha Cheesy

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:51:41 PM

such skewed now, amaze.
True but..
I'm sure most would have answered dash anyway. I can think of no greater scam on here in terms of USD value.
Most people recognise this too.

schlonged (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 03:05:51 PM by schlonged

It is not likely that it started with good intentions. The evidence of scamming dates back from before the launch.

It is also not accurate to say that the public "knows the truth". People continue to be misled by the propaganda being disseminated by Dash supporters claiming, for example, that the coins were "redistributed in the market" (when this is at best unprovable), or that the people involved had and have good intentions because the instamine was all a tragic accident (at best unlikely).

As long as attempts to mislead and confuse continue, and especially if they continue to succeed (and they do, as we continue to encounter people such as yourself who are confused), the scamming is ongoing, and not only a historical event.

Absolutely, actually, you are so right, that I am officially (and scammingly  Wink ) changing the poll title to:

"Which top 10 crypto do you feel is most likely to change its political policies in a way that affects a majority of its community members negatively."  

Because this, after all, is what any investor is concerned about when subjecting their capital to the whims of its Board of Directors.  Such decisions are weighted almost entirely on their history of either scamming (lying) or telling the truth

This, I imagine will bring bitcoin up on the list due to it's partisan blocksize ideological split.

I have reset the poll.  Thanks again for the spirited participation, and thanks for keeping my campaign honest, on task, and on point!

klarki
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3565

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:56:47 PM

It would be interesting to know why on the 3rd place on the ballot Monero.
After all, it is not a clone of Bitcoin, the code base is completely different.
It is based on Cryptonote, I consider a great advantage among other coins.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████