Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Hack Resolution - 3rd dispatch posted  (Read 44930 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:36:15 AM

Weird how it took him weeks after the self-imposed 24 hour deadline to give the coins back that he just came up with the possibility that vernon took the coins himself.

Wonder why he acted as if it was a done deal when he didn't have a clue where the coins were.

Still have absolutely no clue why cryptsy ever interacted with this guy. makes zero sense.

He had a plausible story and we had hopes he could come thru.  However, apparently this is not the case.

I'm not Eternal Insolent, he is most likely one of your alts and I'm pretty sure I know who it is. He made that post pretending to be me make making it look like I accidentally logged in as him.  However your attempt to discredit me has kind of pissed me off so the 2nd dispatch is coming sooner then expected and your really getting fucked now.

Your mistake for pissing me off, now your going to be getting fucked with no Vaseline.

2nd Dispatch finally released 14 days later, sooner then expected with everybody's money on April 1, known in these here parts as Luke Jr. Day.

On a side note, I'm perplexed as to why CrackHead opted to use Vaseline in lieu of lube or Petroleum Ginny.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:37:08 AM

I think Cryptsy Jim should share the plausable story with everyone. Its not like its all NDA rubbish. Unless he does that i guess its just business as usual with cryptsy holding information behind the scenes from users again. Nothings changed...
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:29:39 PM

Weird how it took him weeks after the self-imposed 24 hour deadline to give the coins back that he just came up with the possibility that vernon took the coins himself.

Wonder why he acted as if it was a done deal when he didn't have a clue where the coins were.

Still have absolutely no clue why cryptsy ever interacted with this guy. makes zero sense.

He had a plausible story and we had hopes he could come thru.  However, apparently this is not the case.

You don't say? You should ban him from the internet, that seems to be your unique talent anyway...
fakecryptsynagger

Activity: 376
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:33:42 PM

Cryptcrack remind me old song  Shocked)
 Cool
Beggin, beggin you
Put your love hands out
Blah blah  blah

https://youtu.be/4Q41tnlJ9m8
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:37:39 PM

OK cryptsy.

Now you have posted on the blog that crytpocracker is a troll. You owe it to your customers to shine some light on the situation.

What "plausible story" did he give you to get you to sign the "contract?"

What has changed since then to make you change your stance and say that he is a troll?

What else are you doing to get the coins back?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:50:03 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 06:29:57 PM by Gleb Gamow

I think Cryptsy Jim should share the plausable story with everyone. Its not like its all NDA rubbish. Unless he does that i guess its just business as usual with cryptsy holding information behind the scenes from users again. Nothings changed...

Here's a plausible story:

BitJohn (John Hammes): GOOOOOOD MORNING, CRYPTSY USERS! It's a beautiful March 2013, day here in a war zone in Afghanistan, where I broadcast daily, for free, modding chat and all kinds of neat stuff for Paul Vernon. Did I say free? Darn tootin' I did, but come October, I, among other mods, will be earning a salary as soon I train my new boss, Jim Shockney, to handle support. Jim Shochney and his venerable team of support personnel of Support Shift that Paul Vernon ceased its operation only two months ago will sit idle till come October where the band will be put back together. On a side note, you smell that? Camel shit. I love the smell of camel shit in the morning.
fakecryptsynagger

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:03:43 PM

Lol hahahaha. Gleb@ 

Cryptsy it time to take some action    Undecided

Ask cryptsy user who can take damage of lost ( Btc, ltc or etc fund )
If one user OK with 10% lost handle or more, that can  help you out cryptsy
To live up again or if still not solve the problems ,really need a loan
Etc , way you get money to pay then ( $5m not so big deal  / you can earn it back )

If Btc and altcoin price keep going up*,  that make more harder to pay them back for sure

( time is running out cryptsy batter hold up  now / useless you lost everything )

This drama killing every cryptsy users
Who trusted on you -_-   

Lost Btc never come back
M.t gox  big shit news up in top

Allcryptsy news ->https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/allcrypt-bitcoin-exchange-clears-air/

Bter is still alive doing scam continue making fake withdraw . yap you withdraw your coin n it gone  Huh

MAny story have done with RIP

If you not did that
Soon or later you get best place in jail for sure
Manipulate information / running a scam exchange that don't pay
,when they try2withdraw / use funds for own banfit n money laundering
spamsucks

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:04:30 PM

Lol hahahaha. Gleb@  

Cryptsy it time to take some action    Undecided

If one user OK with 10% lost handle or more, that can  help you out cryptsy
Etc , way you get money to pay then ( $5m not so big deal  / you can earn it back )

If Btc and altcoin price keep going up*,  that make more harder to pay them back for sure

( time is running out cryptsy batter hold up  now / useless you lost everything )

Who trusted on you -_-  

Lost Btc never come back
M.t gox  big shit news up in top

Allcryptsy news ->https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/allcrypt-bitcoin-exchange-clears-air/

Bter is still alive doing scam continue making fake withdraw . yap you withdraw your coin n it gone  Huh

If you not did that

If I understand your post correctly, it will never happen. There is no way in hell people would trust craptsy after this mess.

Not only did they get hacked, the details of that we will never know... but then staff outright lied to the users telling them the money was safe the whole time, and banning anyone who dared to try to prevent new users from being ripped off. No matter what they try to tell you they are at least still responsible for the money that was lost after the hack.. They cannot deny this.

Would you give them your money knowing they did this?

So we have a platform that is known to have been hacked, cold wallets that were not cold, and employees that assured customers that everything was fine to keep the new money rolling in with no ability or intention of returning it.

Sign me up right away
fakecryptsynagger

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:01:31 PM

Lol hahahaha. Gleb@  

Cryptsy it time to take some action    Undecided

If one user OK with 10% lost handle or more, that can  help you out cryptsy
Etc , way you get money to pay then ( $5m not so big deal  / you can earn it back )

If Btc and altcoin price keep going up*,  that make more harder to pay them back for sure

( time is running out cryptsy batter hold up  now / useless you lost everything )

Who trusted on you -_-  

Lost Btc never come back
M.t gox  big shit news up in top

Bter is still alive doing scam continue making fake withdraw . yap you withdraw your coin n it gone  Huh

If you not did that

If I understand your post correctly, it will never happen. There is no way in hell people would trust craptsy after this mess.

Not only did they get hacked, the details of that we will never know... but then staff outright lied to the users telling them the money was safe the whole time, and banning anyone who dared to try to prevent new users from being ripped off. No matter what they try to tell you they are at least still responsible for the money that was lost after the hack.. They cannot deny this.

Would you give them your money knowing they did this?

So we have a platform that is known to have been hacked, cold wallets that were not cold, and employees that assured customers that everything was fine to keep the new money rolling in with no ability or intention of returning it.

Sign me up right away

Yap your right

Skye Bonow who lost 140 btc / staff keep telling him your btc in safe hands.

I hope he have screen shot of  that support  ticket,

How they hide the real problems of internal system  ,  Huh

now they playing same game with ""name of cryptcracker ""
He is that angel , who restore  everything  ( wow  )

Fontas Returns

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:07:13 PM

Are we sure Cryptcracker is a troll? I did some looking around and I found this article on a bounty hunter who does similar stuff to the thing Cryptcracker is proposing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/business/dealbook/bounty-hunter-tracks-chinese-companies-that-dupe-investors.html?_r=0

Maybe the guy in the article is cryptcracker? There is a judgment against Cryptsy since Vern skipped the court date. Would he legally be able to do a bounty hunter mission to China?

If cryptcracker will publicly reveal his true identity and he is this guy or someone else credible I would put in .1 btc.
fakecryptsynagger

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:38:15 PM

Were I have to pay 0.1 btc .

So I can watch first line of show
I already said OK put Btc in case to power

@fontas returns
Nice but totally unknown for us
Also money not grow very easily
 Ill stay with my 1share. . Btc 0.1
I don't trust him .

Great to see that you putting Btc .1

I hope this tipping worthy it
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 07:58:49 PM

Are we sure Cryptcracker is a troll? I did some looking around and I found this article on a bounty hunter who does similar stuff to the thing Cryptcracker is proposing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/business/dealbook/bounty-hunter-tracks-chinese-companies-that-dupe-investors.html?_r=0

Maybe the guy in the article is cryptcracker? There is a judgment against Cryptsy since Vern skipped the court date. Would he legally be able to do a bounty hunter mission to China?

If cryptcracker will publicly reveal his true identity and he is this guy or someone else credible I would put in .1 btc.

Which part of "give me 40 BTC and I'll pay it back plus 300% interest, honest coz I haz contract" sounds credible to you? He can put the expenses on his credit card and pay the bill when it's all sorted out. Except he won't because he's a trollscammer.
Fontas Returns

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:07:20 PM

Maybe hence the if-he-reveals-his-identity-and-he's-credible caveat. Otherwise if he's just some anon poster on here no.

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:43:06 PM

Im surprised cryptsy ceo paul aka bao posted that it was a troll sorry about that. Its usual practice they wait 12-14 months before telling everyone.

Does Paul want to now tell everyone why cryptsy is still in maintenance? Must be running on a pentium 100mhz doing those table reindexes etc. Maybe Jim can shed some light... though likely not as the seem to only come post when it works in their favour. Cmon Jim surely you have answers aside from a sorry about tha paul vernon blog post. You owe it to your customers at a minimum after all the funds of theirs you lost and the dishonesty you displayed towards them in hiding it.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:10:52 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 10:49:20 PM by aardvark15

Im surprised cryptsy ceo paul aka bao posted that it was a troll sorry about that. Its usual practice they wait 12-14 months before telling everyone.

Does Paul want to now tell everyone why cryptsy is still in maintenance? Must be running on a pentium 100mhz doing those table reindexes etc. Maybe Jim can shed some light... though likely not as the seem to only come post when it works in their favour. Cmon Jim surely you have answers aside from a sorry about tha paul vernon blog post. You owe it to your customers at a minimum after all the funds of theirs you lost and the dishonesty you displayed towards them in hiding it.

This is a good point.  Why is cryptsy in maintenance if there is no change in the status of the hack?  Could it be that they can no longer pay Jim Shockney to manage the website?
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:18:17 PM

Shocking the cryptsy hasn't answered my simple questions.

Also shocking that people that actually lost money to these assholes aren't pressuring them to do the same.

Hard to feel bead for you guys when you miss the most basic stuff.
Fontas Returns

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:52:41 PM

He's saying Vern Stole the coins and that the secret service employee Shaun Bridges (who is now in jail for stealing bitcoins in another crime caper) conspired to embezzle coins from Cryptsy. Vern admits to having a relationship w/ Bridges right around that time. How exactly is this story not plausible? Please explain how it's not plausible that Vern simply embezzled the coins.

Just a few days ago coins were sent from Cryptsy's hot wallets to LocalBitcoins.com. Vern just loots the customer wallets for cash is what it looks like. Where is the money coming from to pay Cryptsy Jim to deny everything for Vern while pretending not to know what's going on? Why is this Jim guy not a defendant in the lawsuit? He's complicit in the fraud. If he is legit he needs to explain to us what's going on, him not explaining makes him look guilty. We need to know Vern's plans for the site and the coin wallets. I did a little research on this China bounty hunter. I guess how it works is the receiver gets a court order and if Vern doesn't do what the judge says, then an arrest warrant can be issued. So, theoretically the receiver could motion to the judge to order Vern to hand over all wallets to the receiver and if it doesn't happen then theoretically a bounty hunter could chase him over there and take him into custody. Here's a link to a similar case:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-court-orders-china-businessman-jailed-for-defying-court-appointed-receiver-and-judges-order-to-cede-control-of-the-company-to-the-receiver-300228158.html
spamsucks

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:34:40 AM

He posted he was going to return the coins 24 hours after he got his contract. Then he posted as Eternal Insolvent that he was going to return the coins in 24 hours. Its been far longer, so he lied. Why on earth would you trust him to "really" hunt down the coins? His bounty was for about 1 million dollars worth of BTC, but since he can't return the coins and get the bounty... we should trust if we pay him up front he can do it.

Nothing about that whole thing makes sense. NOTHING.

He cant get them back. If he could, he would have done it for the million he was offered. The fact that he didn't tells me he can't.
If you want to pay him, go ahead. for what its worth you can just choose a random address and send them there. You will get the same result.
spamsucks

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:37:20 AM

I can tell you. Its down because Paul doing favors on his knees for people on the street in China is worth far less then it was in Florida. He can't make the same level of cash there. Not that it mattered... the balances are gone... having the website meant nothing at the end of the day.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:14:47 AM

https://boingboing.net/2016/03/30/man-has-his-account-frozen-bec.html

Bruce Francis transferred some money to his dog walker to pay for services to his pit bull, and wrote the dog's name, "Dash," in the notes field.

The processors at Chase Bank thought that Dash might be a sneaky way of spelling Daesh (which is the mocking, insulting nickname used by critics to refer to "ISIS"), decided that this was possible terrorist money-laundering, and stopped the payment, froze his account, and notified the Treasury Department that he was a suspected terrorist.

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

Some may ask why we didn’t report this to the authorities when this occurred, and the answer is that we just didn’t know what happened, didn’t want to cause panic, and were unsure who exactly we should be contacting.

Two financially institutes abiding by the exact same rules, laws and guidelines. Chase Bank notified the TD simply because Daesh LOOKS like Dash; Paul Vernon of Cryptsy was unsure who exactly to contract after an over ten million dollar heist he cleverly dubs an event.

Results: Paul Vernon doesn't report the crime to any 3-LA, but offers up a bounty whereupon NUTTERS come out of the woodwork that Paul's more than happy to work with at first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: