Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144556 times)
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:31:17 PM

that was a temporary bug, seems to be fixed now

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:10:42 PM

Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:31:20 AM

Most interesting thing I've seen in a long time! Haven't been on BCT forever and saw this, wished I had since it during ICO so I could've owned more LYKK.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:16:01 PM

Most interesting thing I've seen in a long time! Haven't been on BCT forever and saw this, wished I had since it during ICO so I could've owned more LYKK.

Hey Shuxy, welcome! I'm sure you are still early Wink

Lykke is very much under the radar still and the crypto community is not very aware of it yet. To give you an example, the price of Lykke in terms of fiat has indeed increased but I've participated in last year September ICO and the BTC price was around 8K satoshis, not a lot of difference from the current 10k one. Of course Bitcoin price was not as high but we've seen huge increases for many other projects going 4-5x in terms of BTC (let alone in fiat).

You can also consider investing in LKK1Y (if you wish to hold long term) which is more affordable (1 year forward contract).
Arsenal49

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:24:03 PM

Hi! Can someone please explain to me why LYKKE is special?
What are some other coins that are similar?
And what do you expect the price to be by the end of 2017?

It looks like LYKKE did very well when all the other coins. I guess it's because LYKKE.inc is buying back the LYKKE that is put on sale creating or a more stable coin. Am I wrong on this one?
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:38:43 PM

It looks like LYKKE did very well when all the other coins. I guess it's because LYKKE.inc is buying back the LYKKE that is put on sale creating or a more stable coin. Am I wrong on this one?

Hey, I'm not sure about stating that Lykke is actually buying back its shares, that's a common practice in Wall Street though but I can't confirm that. Of course Lykke being the only one offering LKK is also the only market maker but if there were no buyers the price wouldn't move. There has been a big increase in users coming on board lately and the communities at Slack, Reddit and Telegram are very active.

Having a fully regulated global platform where you could trade any type of assets is very exciting in my opinion, I can't name a lot of projects similar to Lykke especially ones offering actual equity in the company and not just tokens or software/platform licenses as I like to call them Wink. Equity is very different since a lot of other stuff come into play and I would say makes the projects more easy to estimate a value, that's why I think it has been a more stable investment so far, there's less speculation.

I would say Bitshares or Waves are similar somewhat, even ShapeShift, the problem always boils down to fiat ramps and usability which are to me huge questions marks in these projects. With the addition of Ethereum you could trade and buy ETH, BTC, FX and CFDs, ETFs, in the future with your credit card or bank account, fast and easy from the app.

Not even Poloniex has a proper fiat gateway and you saw the issues with Bitfinex and USDT.
Arsenal49

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:48:39 PM

Hey, I'm not sure about stating that Lykke is actually buying back its shares, that's a common practice in Wall Street though but I can't confirm that. Of course Lykke being the only one offering LKK is also the only market maker but if there were no buyers the price wouldn't move. There has been a big increase in users coming on board lately and the communities at Slack, Reddit and Telegram are very active.

Having a fully regulated global platform where you could trade any type of assets is very exciting in my opinion, I can't name a lot of projects similar to Lykke especially ones offering actual equity in the company and not just tokens or software/platform licenses as I like to call them Wink. Equity is very different since a lot of other stuff come into play and I would say makes the projects more easy to estimate a value, that's why I think it has been a more stable investment so far, there's less speculation.

I would say Bitshares or Waves are similar somewhat, even ShapeShift, the problem always boils down to fiat ramps and usability which are to me huge questions marks in these projects. With the addition of Ethereum you could trade and buy ETH, BTC, FX and CFDs, ETFs, in the future with your credit card or bank account, fast and easy from the app.

Not even Poloniex has a proper fiat gateway and you saw the issues with Bitfinex and USDT.

Well sir...You just convinced me to buy some LYKKE Smiley I like that project. It's what we are lacking right now in the crypto world. Also LYKKE means happiness or joy in danish Wink So as a guy from Denmark, I have to buy this.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:01:52 PM

Well sir...You just convinced me to buy some LYKKE Smiley I like that project. It's what we are lacking right now in the crypto world. Also LYKKE means happiness or joy in danish Wink So as a guy from Denmark, I have to buy this.

Haha, I wasn't aware I was giving investment advises but it's great that the project seems clearer to you now!

I've heard about the meaning, it definitely has that welcoming tone to it, some native english users have a hard time pronouncing it, it's something like "lee-keh" right?
Arsenal49

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:21:43 PM

Haha, I wasn't aware I was giving investment advises but it's great that the project seems clearer to you now!

I've heard about the meaning, it definitely has that welcoming tone to it, some native english users have a hard time pronouncing it, it's something like "lee-keh" right?

Ehm..I don't know how to write it english so it would sound right. Maybe...Lehkeh. Because Lee-keh is not really correct, if you pronounce "lee" as you do in Bruce Lee. So Lehkeh would be my guess Smiley
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:27:52 PM

Until limit orders are possible all buy-orders are from Lykke - so yes, Lykke buys back whenever somebody sells. But the price would go down. I believe the stable increasing price has to do with several aspects:

- More money flows into the whole Blockchain-space

- Besides the option to buy LKK, the platform itself is an attractive use-case. Especially during the Bitcoin-hype the number of users is increasing.

- The community has a lot of trust into the team behind

- Lykke has a lot of potential and that becomes more and more obvious

- LKK1Y: the decreasing supply on the market, because more and more LKK1Y-Investors settle their LKK1Y's while an increasing number of ppl is interested in investing, leads to a higher price. And whenever the LKK1Y-price comes near to the price of LKK, people tend to buy LKK - with other words: LKK1Y has a stabilizing effect.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:36:56 PM

Lykke is in the shortlist for The Europas Awards 2017! Please vote before June 2!

http://theeuropas.polldaddy.com/s/theeuropas2017-1
veridisquo

Activity: 191

Audentes fortuna iuvat

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

Until limit orders are possible all buy-orders are from Lykke - so yes, Lykke buys back whenever somebody sells. But the price would go down. I believe the stable increasing price has to do with several aspects:

- More money flows into the whole Blockchain-space

- Besides the option to buy LKK, the platform itself is an attractive use-case. Especially during the Bitcoin-hype the number of users is increasing.

- The community has a lot of trust into the team behind

- Lykke has a lot of potential and that becomes more and more obvious

- LKK1Y: the decreasing supply on the market, because more and more LKK1Y-Investors settle their LKK1Y's while an increasing number of ppl is interested in investing, leads to a higher price. And whenever the LKK1Y-price comes near to the price of LKK, people tend to buy LKK - with other words: LKK1Y has a stabilizing effect.

i think the dev it's a genius
doctor-s

Activity: 73
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:59:57 AM

So, I've looked into this and want to add my 2c:

What's special about Lykke? Well, a couple things to my eye. Lykke is not really a currency like so many of the other coins. It's actually a token system representing shares in the company. Lykke is a company, and one with pretty high goals.

The founder is the previous founder of OANDA, a FOREX company that's doing very well today: http://fairreporters.net/economy/largest-forex-brokers-by-volume-in-2015/
being one of the largest FOREX companies in the world pushing over $10 billion in trade volume every single day.

Lykke is looking to move in on initially the FOREX / crypto marketplace as an exchange house, and then on the longer term roadmap move onto securities.

This is where things get very interesting, as these kinds of businesses are very very valuable.

This is unique in my mind as it's one of the few "coins" discussed here that has some serious substance to it.

No idea, and honestly it doesn't matter. If this company does what they are planning on, it's 2020 / 2025 when it'll matter. And if they get where they're aiming the valuation might be one of the biggest (I'm talking more than bitcoins current market cap).

Everyone should at the least have their eye on Lykke.

Shuxy

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:18:05 AM

Lykke is very much under the radar still and the crypto community is not very aware of it yet. To give you an example, the price of Lykke in terms of fiat has indeed increased but I've participated in last year September ICO and the BTC price was around 8K satoshis, not a lot of difference from the current 10k one. Of course Bitcoin price was not as high but we've seen huge increases for many other projects going 4-5x in terms of BTC (let alone in fiat).

You can also consider investing in LKK1Y (if you wish to hold long term) which is more affordable (1 year forward contract).

I hope so! I find it "amazing" that people are pumping $ into ICOs and not much attention has been given to Lykke... The crypto world is so different from when I left off 3 years ago... (Should never have left, haha)
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:01:07 PM

I hope so! I find it "amazing" that people are pumping $ into ICOs and not much attention has been given to Lykke... The crypto world is so different from when I left off 3 years ago... (Should never have left, haha)

There's a trend lately about ICOs and how they are finished in minutes or even seconds. Whoever gets a piece of the pie proceeds to dump it at 2x at the very least. That's all there is to it, no fundamentals or long term vision in most cases.

It's a little risky but it's very easy money, I haven't seen many of these tokens go substantially below ICO price and that would only happen after they go 2x or more for a few days.
Stein

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:42:09 PM

https://lykkecommunity.herokuapp.com/invite

does not seem to be sending me an invite email.
sevenrustlust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:54:13 PM

Can I buy it only from your exchange?
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:13:23 PM

Maybe try with another email or look into your spam folder?
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:14:35 PM

Can I buy it only from your exchange?

Yes that's correct, other exchanges are planned in the future though, you can check the roadmap here: https://trello.com/b/IV0PH2gs/lykke-roadmap
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:38:48 PM

Should work without the /invite:

https://lykkecommunity.herokuapp.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: