Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144561 times)
LykkeX (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 03:02:33 PM

Who would like to ask some questions to the CEO, Richard Olsen, directly:

LIVE October 7 @12 PM EST: Richard Olsen, CEO at lykke
http://blockgeeks.com/ama/live-october-7-12-pm-est-richard-olsen-ceo-at-lykke/?utm_content=buffer129f9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin.com&utm_campaign=buffer

AMA starting in 1 hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:50:33 PM

if you want to ask questions, now is a good time

blockgeeks.com/ama/live-october-7-12-pm-est-richard-olsen-ceo-at-lykke
tigerclub

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:15:57 PM

CEO you have earned everything from oanda, i believe you have earned more than one billion usd, why you want to make so tiny(compare to oanda, lykke is very tiny) fund from ico?

Do you still have some shares or operate in oanda?

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 07:43:10 PM

CEO you have earned everything from oanda, i believe you have earned more than one billion usd, why you want to make so tiny(compare to oanda, lykke is very tiny) fund from ico?

Do you still have some shares or operate in oanda?

Richard holds no operating position at Oanda. I believe some information about his involvement is public (see this new article mostly about events around 2007). Lykke is an independent company.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-magazine/how-do-you-run-the-worlds-most-innovative-online-forex-trading-firm/article7795376/
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:03:49 PM

Guys I want to report one thing about the signature links which I have currently (sorry If someone else reported earlier)

When I click on my signature I get a message that the connection is insecure, can anyone else check it?

I thought it was only for the first day and hoped that will be fixed but it is still same.

Will respond soon.

I think we should take an action because in this way the visitors will not be able to access directly the website?!

Should we change the link to this one "http://lykke.world" that you posted yesterday?

a new website which has an overview over Lykke projects: http://lykke.world
marilyngroom

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:15:38 PM

Is this pronounced Lick-keh.
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 04:05:21 AM

Guys I want to report one thing about the signature links which I have currently (sorry If someone else reported earlier)

When I click on my signature I get a message that the connection is insecure, can anyone else check it?

I thought it was only for the first day and hoped that will be fixed but it is still same.

Will respond soon.

This is what I'm talking to Edward. But I have no respond. He edited the signature link.
sorry for the late reply but thats not my mistake. the owner told me to use that link. it is an unique link which is made by the owner to trace the number of clicks.
davidjcambra

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 04:31:33 AM

Is this listed in poloneix ??

netbox

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 05:01:59 AM

Hello all,

I came across this forum via a Google search and it seems to be much more active than Lykke support currently is.

I want to invest in some Lykke coins and give my support to the project but I am having difficulty in doing so.  Credit card payments are not easy and straightforward as advertised on the site...you have to go via a third party to buy a USD voucher, and for a one-off purchase, this third party wants you to register an account with them, asking you for a username, password, full name, full address, verified email, verified mobile phone and date of birth.  This is as much information as one would provide to Lykke and is more than some of my banking institutions have, but to simply purchase a USD voucher with your credit card that is immediately converted into Lykke coins anyway, I feel the process is excessive and intrusive and potentially discourages small investors who may not use BTC etc.  I am certainly discouraged...

Lykke support mentioned to me when I wrote to them that they may be able to process a credit card transaction manually but there was no clarification about how to do this.  I also had some trouble understanding the English clearly in the email.

I am aware that I can purchase in Bitcoin, but all of that is new to me.  I looked at my local exchange and realized after looking through their FAQ's and how things worked that their spread was circa 5% - so in essence simply to buy 0.5 BTC for example I'd be looking at fees of about $15-$20 USD (depending on how I deposit funds to them) Way too high in my view and certainly doesn't give me confidence that cryptocurrency is bringing down transaction fees.  Ridiculous.

In short, I am left with asking someone else to purchase Lykke for me.  My questions to you are (specifically Lykke X who I note is a regular on here, and "tempus" who also helps out a lot) if it is possible at the moment to transfer lykke coins from one lykke wallet to another one.  I don't see anything on the app or on the FAQ on the website that indicates this, but surely I'm wrong?  LKK to LKK should be an instant transfer, cost-free right?  With this confirmation I'll probably have a solution to this problem by asking a friend for a favor.

Alternatively, if there is a way before the deadline that I can pay by credit card without the excessive requirements of the "creditvoucher" company (who I've never heard of and wouldn't want to give so much information without assurances of exactly who they are and why they would need it to buy a voucher!) please do let me know.  I'm totally new to bitcoin, the crypto world etc, but I agree with the idea of disruption in financial services!  Thus far though I don't see any barriers coming down at all - in fact, this "simple" credit card transaction has been harder than at any point for me in the last 15 years.

Look forward to a response.  Thanks.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 05:05:14 AM

No. Lykke itself is the exchange. ;-)
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 05:39:20 AM

Hello all,

I came across this forum via a Google search and it seems to be much more active than Lykke support currently is.

I want to invest in some Lykke coins and give my support to the project but I am having difficulty in doing so.  Credit card payments are not easy and straightforward as advertised on the site...you have to go via a third party to buy a USD voucher, and for a one-off purchase, this third party wants you to register an account with them, asking you for a username, password, full name, full address, verified email, verified mobile phone and date of birth.  This is as much information as one would provide to Lykke and is more than some of my banking institutions have, but to simply purchase a USD voucher with your credit card that is immediately converted into Lykke coins anyway, I feel the process is excessive and intrusive and potentially discourages small investors who may not use BTC etc.  I am certainly discouraged...

Lykke support mentioned to me when I wrote to them that they may be able to process a credit card transaction manually but there was no clarification about how to do this.  I also had some trouble understanding the English clearly in the email.

I am aware that I can purchase in Bitcoin, but all of that is new to me.  I looked at my local exchange and realized after looking through their FAQ's and how things worked that their spread was circa 5% - so in essence simply to buy 0.5 BTC for example I'd be looking at fees of about $15-$20 USD (depending on how I deposit funds to them) Way too high in my view and certainly doesn't give me confidence that cryptocurrency is bringing down transaction fees.  Ridiculous.

In short, I am left with asking someone else to purchase Lykke for me.  My questions to you are (specifically Lykke X who I note is a regular on here, and "tempus" who also helps out a lot) if it is possible at the moment to transfer lykke coins from one lykke wallet to another one.  I don't see anything on the app or on the FAQ on the website that indicates this, but surely I'm wrong?  LKK to LKK should be an instant transfer, cost-free right?  With this confirmation I'll probably have a solution to this problem by asking a friend for a favor.

Alternatively, if there is a way before the deadline that I can pay by credit card without the excessive requirements of the "creditvoucher" company (who I've never heard of and wouldn't want to give so much information without assurances of exactly who they are and why they would need it to buy a voucher!) please do let me know.  I'm totally new to bitcoin, the crypto world etc, but I agree with the idea of disruption in financial services!  Thus far though I don't see any barriers coming down at all - in fact, this "simple" credit card transaction has been harder than at any point for me in the last 15 years.

Look forward to a response.  Thanks.

Hi netbox!

I've copied your post in the Lykke-Slack because I don't want to give you answer that might be not totally correct. I personally have no experience with Credit Card etc. but I have no doubt that they'll find a good way for you to purchase LKK before the end of the ICO.

What I already can say is: Yes it's possible to transfer LKK (Wallet: LYKKE --> Withdrawal --> Address (or QR-Code) --> Proceed --> Amount --> Proceed = transaction is sent)

As soon as there is answer I  (or LykkeX) will let you know.

What you also could do is to join this channel: https://telegram.me/joinchat/AEGiqkF-_dNaHMwQbRSnAg

It's open for everyone and especially Sergey Ivliev (one of the founders/core-team) is often on and provides answers to questions.

Michael79

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:48:37 AM

Personally I have never had problems when transferring from my credit card / debit (accept them both). It is true that through credit card was charged 6 euros for the transfer but it was a test to see that everything worked correctly, but no longer sending more through that system by the high commission. It is preferable to send bitcoin directly or ethers, but I must say that when paying by credit card I have not had any problem. Lykkes transfer to your purse earliness as 3-4 hours. My recommendation is to buy only with bitcoin, it is much easier and cheaper. The company creditvoucher works well, as an investor have not had any problems with them. 100% recommended.
Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:54:07 AM

No. Lykke itself is the exchange. ;-)

exactly! they have an exchange feature on their online wallet and accepting different currencies. I think lykkecoin has a potential to become successful coin considering its features and good team devs. This will be a next breaking news soon after the ICO ends, They also gives a good bounties.  Grin

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:08:34 AM

920,895 CHF raised and 3 days to go.
giax76

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:30:41 AM

When ICO ends participants have to do something? (provide a private wallet address, fill a form with the personal ID, ...)
ensjovis

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:12:49 AM

When ICO ends participants have to do something? (provide a private wallet address, fill a form with the personal ID, ...)

If you're dealing crypto-crypto nothing is needed from you what I understand. You can even be american.
netbox

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:45:51 AM

Thank you Tempus for replying to me.

I might be lucky and hear from LykkeX - I see he/she is online.

From what others have said I understand that my two options are credit card (even though I object to the invasion of privacy when it is only a voucher) or bitcoin (but my experience so far is that it is not cheaper.  The exchange I'm using is charging upto 5%)

But I wanted to be clear on the ability to transfer LKK from one Lykke wallet to another Lykke wallet because a friend who is also going to invest can probably buy more coins and send them to me afterwards.

However, if Lykke has a way that I can avoid the bureaucracy of the creditvoucher method perhaps I'll hear from LykkeX through here.  I trust I am in the minority in objecting to the credit card procedure though, and won't cause anyone too much of a headache.  Thank you Tempus for your optimism that I will hear something ASAP.

In general I'm looking forward to seeing what is ahead for the company into 2017 and to trying out the Lykke platform. I sincerely hope the spreads are competitive for FX and really bring disruption to what is a most inflexible market.

Have a great day everyone,
Bonne journée,

Hello all,

I want to invest in some Lykke coins and give my support to the project but I am having difficulty in doing so.  Credit card payments are not easy and straightforward as advertised on the site...you have to go via a third party to buy a USD voucher, and for a one-off purchase, this third party wants you to register an account with them, asking you for a username, password, full name, full address, verified email, verified mobile phone and date of birth.  This is as much information as one would provide to Lykke and is more than some of my banking institutions have, but to simply purchase a USD voucher with your credit card that is immediately converted into Lykke coins anyway, I feel the process is excessive and intrusive and potentially discourages small investors who may not use BTC etc.  I am certainly discouraged...

Lykke support mentioned to me when I wrote to them that they may be able to process a credit card transaction manually but there was no clarification about how to do this.  I also had some trouble understanding the English clearly in the email.

I am aware that I can purchase in Bitcoin, but all of that is new to me.  I looked at my local exchange and realized after looking through their FAQ's and how things worked that their spread was circa 5% - so in essence simply to buy 0.5 BTC for example I'd be looking at fees of about $15-$20 USD (depending on how I deposit funds to them) Way too high in my view and certainly doesn't give me confidence that cryptocurrency is bringing down transaction fees.  Ridiculous.

In short, I am left with asking someone else to purchase Lykke for me.  My questions to you are (specifically Lykke X who I note is a regular on here, and "tempus" who also helps out a lot) if it is possible at the moment to transfer lykke coins from one lykke wallet to another one.  I don't see anything on the app or on the FAQ on the website that indicates this, but surely I'm wrong?  LKK to LKK should be an instant transfer, cost-free right?  With this confirmation I'll probably have a solution to this problem by asking a friend for a favor.

Alternatively, if there is a way before the deadline that I can pay by credit card without the excessive requirements of the "creditvoucher" company (who I've never heard of and wouldn't want to give so much information without assurances of exactly who they are and why they would need it to buy a voucher!) please do let me know.  I'm totally new to bitcoin, the crypto world etc, but I agree with the idea of disruption in financial services!  Thus far though I don't see any barriers coming down at all - in fact, this "simple" credit card transaction has been harder than at any point for me in the last 15 years.

Look forward to a response.  Thanks.

Hi netbox!

I've copied your post in the Lykke-Slack because I don't want to give you answer that might be not totally correct. I personally have no experience with Credit Card etc. but I have no doubt that they'll find a good way for you to purchase LKK before the end of the ICO.

What I already can say is: Yes it's possible to transfer LKK (Wallet: LYKKE --> Withdrawal --> Address (or QR-Code) --> Proceed --> Amount --> Proceed = transaction is sent)

As soon as there is answer I  (or LykkeX) will let you know.

What you also could do is to join this channel: https://telegram.me/joinchat/AEGiqkF-_dNaHMwQbRSnAg

It's open for everyone and especially Sergey Ivliev (one of the founders/core-team) is often on and provides answers to questions.

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:40:31 PM

PM sent. Support should reply soon.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 02:01:46 PM

Thank you Tempus for replying to me.

From what others have said I understand that my two options are credit card (even though I object to the invasion of privacy when it is only a voucher) or bitcoin (but my experience so far is that it is not cheaper.  The exchange I'm using is charging upto 5%

That is definitely too much. What exchange is that? Lykke itself will be a good place for that soon.

But I wanted to be clear on the ability to transfer LKK from one Lykke wallet to another Lykke wallet because a friend who is also going to invest can probably buy more coins and send them to me afterwards.

After your post I tried it myself. I've made an account on https://www.coinprism.com and sent a tiny amount to test it. Worked fine.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 03:12:41 PM

Yesterday was the AMA with Richard Olsen and it's really worth reading it - very good questions and answers!

http://blockgeeks.com/ama/live-october-7-12-pm-est-richard-olsen-ceo-at-lykke/?utm_content=buffer129f9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin.com&utm_campaign=buffer

A few quotes:

About Regulations/Regulators (surprised me but it absolutely makes sense)

R.O.: "Regulators are deeply frustrated with their inability to reform the financial system, so regulators are open to innovation."

What Lykke will be about in that context:

R.O.: "Lykke addresses issues that regulators wanted to solve for decades – we are highlighting these features: new type of matching engine based on price, time and spread priority, which addresses the risk of flash crashes, intraday interest payments, which ensures intraday liquidity during periods of stress, ability of immediate settlement, which is a continuous clearing system for all types of asset classes and can address the issue of too big to fail. We highlight, why our exchange can solve problems of the existing financial system and then last but not least prepare our applications in a meticulous fashion – we have some excellent lawyers, who support us."

This also says a lot about Lykke and how it's different to what we know from usual Crypto-projects and ICO's

Q.: What is your strategy to build user growth? Lykke hasn’t got that much attention until now, could you discuss your marketing and partner acquisition strategy?

R.O.: "I did not want to go around with power point slides and pitch abstract ideas – I wanted to deliver products and let products speak for themselves. We use state of the art technology that is highly abstract and difficult to comprehend. As with smartphones and all the apps – they speak for themselves. We want to build a viral product. In addition, we are building three other services that will support our marketing efforts: a competition platform, where we do crowd sourcing for all our services….in this way we have people that contribute to the Lykke project from around the world and they will all be our ambassadors. In addition, I am dreaming of a open access publication platform with prize cascades for the best contribution of the last hour, last six hours, last 24 hours, week, month etc…these cascades reward contributors and editors. This will hopefully attract top quality unbiased news content which is important input to a free and efficient market place. Third, I want us to build a Wikipedia for BigData – a simulation and real time environment for forecasts, trading recommendation with a crowd-based approach. Innovation and stellar products should drive users to our services…and finally our strategy of being open and transparent – we try to be authentic."

About Ethereum and other Blockchains:

Q: Will Lykke be fully built on the Ethereum platform? And if so, will you be considering using other blockchain platforms?

R.O.: "Yes, this is key for us to integrate Ethereum – so this is one of our big projects in the coming months. We will be very user driven and will integrate all the blockchain platforms that have significant traction. We think that is important to integrate – the success of the blockchain revolution depends on building an efficient and inclusive market place, which is fair in the true word and everyone has access to and get an efficient price for his digital asset."

A lot more interesting informations in that AMA - highly recommended!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: