Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:21:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144565 times)
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:19:55 PM

my coins are on order, waiting blockchain confirmation

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
Michael79

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:33:00 PM

TEMPU thank you very much for all the information  Wink
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:38:50 PM

TEMPU thank you very much for all the information  Wink

Anytime - at least if I have an answer/know where infos to find ;-) 

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 10:06:26 PM

Crowdfund has finished congratulations Lykke team for the successful fundraise.

luzamarino

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:32:59 PM

With other words: This is one of those projects, the team/founders and their investors, are clearly on the same side.

I hope this is really true , it will be something quite unique in business , but then again what this project is aiming to do is pretty unique too.

I aim to hold for quite a few years to come.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:39:10 PM

LykkeX (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:31:22 AM

ICO ends with 1,138,075 CHF raised. Numbers are not yet final - a queue has to be processed. Thank you all for your support!
Johnny00

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:38:39 AM

When I buy or sell a currency on the app I cant choose the price I want. How is the market price determined then?

|
We plan to invest over
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:11:57 AM

With other words: This is one of those projects, the team/founders and their investors, are clearly on the same side.

I hope this is really true , it will be something quite unique in business , but then again what this project is aiming to do is pretty unique too.

I aim to hold for quite a few years to come.

I really have no doubt that it's true. In general investing is always a risk and we are in a "high-risk-market", but in comparison to other projects, I'm convinced that Lykke is one of a very few pearls. Since I'm in Crypto (2013) I looked into a lot of projects and I personally focus very much on the teams behind because in my opinion it needs it all:

1. A great idea
2. Skilled people who are able to develop and deliver
3. Skills on the business-side
4. In best case connections
5. Honesty

And Nr 5 could also be Point 1, because nothing is worth anything if a team is dishonest and just in the game to make money on the back of their investors and the market. In Crypto are a lot of projects that are no clear scams but at the same time shady and some could even be called "long-term-scams".

Lykke is really different and much better than everything I've seen so far, because everybody already can see proof for all those points. I don't know of any project that already has delivered so much before going into the public. And what they really care about, more than other Crypto-projects is "consumer-friendliness" - it is already visible that they focus very much on useful design and easy-to-use-aspects to lower all possible barriers that could avoid wider usage. Additionally: Security.

And in my opinion that are two points that are still missing in Crypto which is a problem for wider adoption in general (Bitcoin included).

When it comes to the business-side and connections: Especially because of their founder/CEO, Richard Olsen, it's more than just potential. I mean, he is co-founder and former CEO of oanda and like a combination of "market-scientist" and businessman and also idealist and he is very respected since decades - he as a person is already a bridge between the worlds (Crypto - established system).

I even believe that this could go viral. Reason is especially the combination of:

1. userfriendly
2. security

Plus: Constantly increasing demand in general.

And what is underrated even in Crypto is the potential of digital assets as colored coins. Most Crypto-Investors focus on Cryptocurrencies or other tokens like ETH-Gas etc. But the "real economy" will focus on solutions to trade real value they can issue easily as colored coins.

So far I can't see any weaknesses...
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:58:38 AM

Hi, I have a question:

If the top 10 holders own 80% of the issuance of all the tokens, as will move the market if they decide not to sell the property they have? and if not sell those with less?

If the token is diluted by issuing more lykke token not believe that will disadvantage those holderstoken?

Good Lykke!

Richard Olsen owns the 58% of Lykke coins, its the CEO of Lykke , so its fine by me!
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:41:04 AM

When I buy or sell a currency on the app I cant choose the price I want. How is the market price determined then?

Good questions. A market-making model which is based on the flows of buys and sells, determines the price of LKK. The fiat prices are determined by tapping into deep liquidity pools. Exchanges always match orders to determine price. Limit price ("price one wants") does not mean an order gets executed even in orderbook based matching. So the current market-price is determined by supply and demand - exchange aggregates outstanding orders and determine that price which maximizes the settled volume. Orderbook visibility is another matter. For that we'll need the full license and the web-terminal. We will provide more information on this soon.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:10:36 PM

Good questions. A market-making model which is based on the flows of buys and sells, determines the price of LKK. The fiat prices are determined by tapping into deep liquidity pools. Exchanges always match orders to determine price. Limit price ("price one wants") does not mean an order gets executed even in orderbook based matching. So the current market-price is determined by supply and demand - exchange aggregates outstanding orders and determine that price which maximizes the settled volume. Orderbook visibility is another matter. For that we'll need the full license and the web-terminal. We will provide more information on this soon.

Possibly it's better to try and get a listing on Bittrex. An orderbook tells a lot.
gfwdown

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:14:34 PM

Possibly it's better to try and get a listing on Bittrex. An orderbook tells a lot.

Bittrex won't list the share of a company, Lykke is share, so they will not list it.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:16:08 PM

Bittrex won't list the share of a company, Lykke is share, so they will not list it.

Ah. I did not know that. Interesting and unfortunate.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:23:53 PM

Good point. In the forex market the orderbook will not give much information, since you need the aggregation across the worlds markets. Lykke competes in the FX market against venues which move billions per day, and the market has a different character than Cryptocurrency marketplace. Lykke's market structure is very different from also the regulatory perspective. Maybe to make it simpler to understand you can think of it this way: Lykke wants to be an alternative to New York stock exchange, London stock exchange, etc. and the global marketplace. Although in currencies, people don't even quite know that there is Reuters/FXAll, etc. Note that LKK market and the ColoredCoin market are very different asset classes in this regard. No crypto-exchange so far has a full license (what Lykke has for the Asian market). Bitstamp e.g. has acquired some license status, but its not the same. Bittrex in that sense is unregulated. Lykke can list soon many assets proper.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:29:29 PM

how can i place a sell order in the OS X wallet? e.g i want to sell 1000 lkk for 0.01 chf per coin. or a buy order @ a specific price.

i just saw that i can sell LKK for a specific price that gives me the exchange.
Johnny00

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:42:18 PM

how can i place a sell order in the OS X wallet? e.g i want to sell 1000 lkk for 0.01 chf per coin. or a buy order @ a specific price.

i just saw that i can sell LKK for a specific price that gives me the exchange.

see post above #701. its market driven. Also if you want to sell for 0.01 CHF per coin I'll buy it.

|
We plan to invest over
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:57:30 PM

Good point. In the forex market the orderbook will not give much information, since you need the aggregation across the worlds markets. Lykke competes in the FX market against venues which move billions per day, and the market has a different character than Cryptocurrency marketplace. Lykke's market structure is very different from also the regulatory perspective. Maybe to make it simpler to understand you can think of it this way: Lykke wants to be an alternative to New York stock exchange, London stock exchange, etc. and the global marketplace. Although in currencies, people don't even quite know that there is Reuters/FXAll, etc. Note that LKK market and the ColoredCoin market are very different asset classes in this regard. No crypto-exchange so far has a full license (what Lykke has for the Asian market). Bitstamp e.g. has acquired some license status, but its not the same. Bittrex in that sense is unregulated. Lykke can list soon many assets proper.

But, to add this: The Dev's said in the telegram-chat that an orderbook is coming soon and Sergey Ivliev also showed a screenshot.

I know I repeat myself, but for all who are new to this - and to those who are not new but didn't listen to my super-smart-advices yet ;-)

Core-Team-Members often give additional infos when they have time and answer questions directly. Even Richard Olsen is online from time to time.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:28:26 AM

We have now a sub-reddit and invite you to participate by submiting links, upvotes/downvotes, comments, and so on.
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:29:42 AM

How much shares does Lykke company hold?

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: