Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144561 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:35:48 PM

Hello,

If i want to invest (buy) Lykke Coins (LKK) right now (between 0.5 - 1 BTC), how can I do it?
Since, I only have blackberry smartphone with no wallet supported at the moment.

Can I do SEPA transfer somewhere? I heard another type of wallet could be used for that as well, but i am not sure.

thanks in advance

What I forgot to say is that the Coinprism-wallet supports LKK: https://www.coinprism.com

But I have to ask if there is any other option for you to buy LKK since the APP is only available for IOS and Android.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cvrizzos

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 11:26:07 AM

Thank you very much for your support.

May I ask you:

what is the advantage of Lykke platform over Waves platform, Stellar platform, NXT platform and Openledger?

Regards
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:12:49 PM

Thank you very much for your support.

May I ask you:

what is the advantage of Lykke platform over Waves platform, Stellar platform, NXT platform and Openledger?

Regards

Nothing to thank for! Thing is, that the first answer I got wasn't that positive because the App is also needed to go through the KYC-process. I've asked if it's also needed if you would pay with BTC and store the LKK in the Coinprism-wallet - but I have no answer yet.

About your questions about other platforms in comparison: I'm not a technical guy, and I don't know those other platforms very well. But I can tell you this: I was on the search for a good decentralized-exchange-project because I believed and still believe that it's the next logical step. I mainly decided to buy into the Lykke-ICO because of the team. They have a lot of very skilled experts and especially Richard Olsen has tons of experience in that field.

Another reason is: Lykke doesn't use it's own blockchain but the most secure blockchain out there - Bitcoin, while it stays flexible at the same time. It can connect with all blockchains and since it's a combination of a centralized matching engine and decentralized settlement it will also be very fast. With other words: It will make all possible what is possible on centralized exchanges, and I believe it will be superior to Crypto-exchanges how we know it so far. At the same time: Much higher security. 

What also got my attention when I looked into Lykke, besides of the team is that it's obvious that they are able to build user-friendy stuff. That's also very important, because even the best technology won't be adopted if ordinary people see too many barriers. And Lykke is very good in that. It's also a "feeling safe" aspect which is most likely the most important part "everywhere" - people want to be and feel safe.

In general, what I've learned in Crypto and investing in Crypto is: Out of Investor-perspective there is always a lot what is not obvious, a lot of barriers and many problems for a team to solve on many fronts -  software-development, business, legal side, marketing etc. And while it can be tempting to buy into a project that promises a lot in the beginning, maybe even with very skilled Programmers behind, it always needs a close look at the people behind to get a sense if they are capable to reach promised goals and to solve all(!) problems on the way. Many of those teams become overwhelmed because they can't anticipate all what will come. And many just run out of money and very often a project becomes shady because of that (false promises, marketmanipulation etc.)

I believe that just a very few of all the blockchain-projects and - startups that pop up in the Crypto-space will survive. And my list of projects I really believe in is very short.
Ondin

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:17:01 PM

I would like to ask integration of Lisk.
Do you have already spoken to or discussed, by chance?

LISK delegate ondin | Lisk Online Wallet | OpenSource Lisk wallet | Lisk Italian Group | Best Lisk Pools30% reward shared with voters
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:22:13 PM

Fair to say that this is basically a Colored Coins exchange at this point?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:22:47 PM

@cvrizzos: Unfortunately it really needs the App because of the KYC. But it's not only available for smartphones but also IOS or Android - Tablets.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:30:32 PM

I would like to ask integration of Lisk.
Do you have already spoken to or discussed, by chance?

I've seen that you also asked on telegram, so let's see what Sergey says about it.

My personal opinion is: I thought myself about it and if I should ask Max Kordek some questions about the current status to get more infos and if positive, to ask the Lykke-Guys. I believe that if Lisk is able to achieve their goals it would be absolutely interesting and a nice win-win-situation. But my impression is that Lisk is also in it's first steps and needs some time. Btw: I bought into their ICO but sold pretty soon after it hit Poloniex and that's the main-reason why I'm not informed about what's going on there lately.

Do you know more how far it is already developed?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:38:04 PM

Fair to say that this is basically a Colored Coins exchange at this point?

Yes, absolutely! But: Colored Coins can represent all kinds of value, including other Crypto-currencies. I doubt that Lykke will become a multi-currency exchange like Poloniex for example but focus more on other assets because the possibilities are pretty much endless. But I also believe that they will add more Cryptocurrencies over time how they've already done it with Solarcoin and Ethereum will follow soon.

The article about Ethereum-implementation is also a good explanation about Lykke and how it works - also about security:

Lykke is Integrating Ethereum

By Mihail Nikulin, Lykke co-founder and CTO

Lykke is a semi-centralized exchange. This means that the exchange does not take possession of the traded coins (Ethereum tokens, Ethers, Bitcoins or colored coins), but needs to be trusted to match trades correctly. Lykke has a centralized matching engine and decentralized coins settlement. Matched trades are settled on the blockchain in the atomic way. Each atomic transaction must be signed by both parites and the exchange. Still to be able to trade, one should deposit his coins to Lykke exchange. Depositing coins is not equal to trusting coins. How can it be? Lykke uses multisignatures mechanism to hold client's funds. Lykke exchange can not spend any coins without a client's private key. Even if the exchange is compromised and the Lykke key is stolen, the client will not lose his coins. The second key is required to spend deposited coins. Lykke exchange also provides a refund mechanism to guarantee funds recovery in case of emergency.

Mentioned features are coming soon on top of the Ethereum blochchain. In this post you will find conceptual details of Ethereum settlement integration described. Ethereum-Bitcoin swap transactions to provide crosschain atomic exchange will be covered in further posts.

(...)

https://lykke.com/city/blog/2016-09-30/lykke_integrates_ethereum
cvrizzos

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 09:53:01 AM

Thanks again Tempus,

You made valid points and reminded me a bit of both, Bithalo and Bitsquare projects.

I would like to kindly ask integration of DASH within Lykke global marketplace, with a long term futuristic integration as well with TAU-chain (if possible).

Do you have already spoken to or discussed about this, by chance? what do you guys think?

Regards
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:05:17 PM

Thanks again Tempus,

You made valid points and reminded me a bit of both, Bithalo and Bitsquare projects.

I would like to kindly ask integration of DASH within Lykke global marketplace, with a long term futuristic integration as well with TAU-chain (if possible).

Do you have already spoken to or discussed about this, by chance? what do you guys think?

Regards

Is Bithalo still alive? Isn't it a Blackcoin-project?

In terms of Dash: Of course it could make sense for Lykke to integrate Currencies like Dash, especially because it's already kind of established and has a huge community. I'm not aware of talking about it but one reason is also that the team is still very busy with developing the platform and a lot of other stuff. Once Lykke as a platform is further developed it's likely that they will think more about what to add etc.

TAU-Chain: I don't know much about it. It's been a while that I've read in their thread, but I'll take a look into it.

It could be good to make a "suggestion-site" or something like that, but more transparent then it's on Poloniex to discuss Pro and Cons of what Lykke should/could add. Or maybe it even could be done about https://streams.lykke.com to send in and vote on proposals. But it might be too early for that. Attention has to increase first and it is increasing but not enough yet. That will change with what will come in 2017.

For now we can use the thread for suggestions. I'll make a list and keep it updated and forward it to the team. But like already said: They are very busy to get some important releases out and Cryptocurrencies won't be that much the focus like it's the case on usual Crypto-exchanges. But of course, most likely they will add the "most-wanteds" and most advanced CC's over time.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:20:04 PM

thank you tempus for all the details.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:48:01 PM

thank you tempus for all the details.

Nothing to thank for! But I'm still learning myself about this project since it's much bigger and more complex than it's visible right now. What makes it hard to understand but is also a great strength is the "work-in-progress-approach". What I mean with that is: They don't just execute a plan into something that is fix but continue to react on all kinds of feedback and adjust and improve everything.

One problem may be that this approach is very hard to communicate into the public in a way that it gives a good and easy-to-understand overview and my impression is that may seem as if not much is happening or as if this is a small project, but the opposite is true.  

What that also means is: The more feedback there is and will be from everybody who cares, all kinds of suggestions but also critical feedback, the better for the project because they will always keep on improving everything also based on that.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:33:27 PM

More attention on this please:

Direct links:

Front End Web Component–Tab
https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/1d0e4623675d435c83c1e2bd6cb82b1b

Front End Web Component–Layouts
https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/743bb2606cfe4f95996e9e69e97287a4

Front End Web Component–Grid
https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/5b2950b297a74fb189e7cf41e9bfe938
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:49:58 PM

They're developing their front end by way of bounties?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 02:20:48 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2016, 03:51:10 PM by tempus

They're developing their front end by way of bounties?

Lykke-Streams is not necessarily for final delivery, that would be more a best-case. It's more about different phases and there is also always the intention involved to find talents - skilled people of all kinds: developers, designers, for business-side etc. And: Everybody can use the platform that way for all kinds of projects.

This might be a good example for what I mean with "different phases":

"Lykke Services Identity. Second round

We announce a second round of the Lykke services logos design project. We haven't awarded the first prize in the first round and haven't chosen the variants to be used by Lykke services as none of the submissions fully followed the logo design principles listed in the project description.

You can develop the results of the first round (LINK), use them as inspiration or start anew. Please respect the following principles in the second round: (...) "

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/f8af79c56ca948158367f539c54c4ca5

estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:30:49 PM

does the exchange work already ? not  evident  on the site.
in other words, is it possible to buy some LYKKE ?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:34:50 PM

does the exchange work already ? not  evident  on the site.
in other words, is it possible to buy some LYKKE ?

Yes, absolutely! You'll need to download the App (Android/IOS) and you can start.
Download-Links are on the HP: https://www.lykke.com

Here are some learning-videos from David Siegel about the App but it's pretty much self-explaining/intuitive:

Getting Started with Your Lykke Wallet
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk9DrzhaS5AjlYColQnvU6R17MNNNhihK
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 02:09:32 PM

Lykke has opened its UK office in the City of London and hired Demetrios Zamboglou to lead it:

„Mr. Zamboglou is a FX & CFD veteran with over a decade’s experience in Trading, Risk Management and Operations, having worked at senior positions at Alpari (UK), ForexClub, ForexTime and setting up his own FX brokerage zebraFX in 2012, and then selling the business in 2015. A winner of over a dozen internationally recognised awards from the likes of Microsoft, Amazon and University of Cyprus, Mr. Zamboglou is also completing his PhD in Behavioural Finance (the study of mass behaviour on markets) at King’s College London – studying the relative behavioural differences of different market participants as part of a broader trading population.

(…) 

„Lykke will be the first blockchain-enabled marketplace with an existing broker license and simultaneously progressing a Multilateral Trading Facility license application with the Financial Conduct Authority. Lykke MTF UK expects to see its MTF status confirmed in the near future, while Lykke’s Zug-based parent company Lykke AG, is conducting a parallel application with the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.

To assist with its FCA application, Lykke has recently opened its UK office at 199 Bishopsgate, in the City of London.“

https://lykke.com/city/blog/2016-12-21/demetrios_zamboglou
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:00:35 AM

Hello, how long it takes to withraw bitcoi  from lykke wallet ? It says "blockxhain settlement" from about 30 min.
Thanks for help !
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:30:34 AM

Hello, how long it takes to withraw bitcoi  from lykke wallet ? It says "blockxhain settlement" from about 30 min.
Thanks for help !

Lykke processes it immediately. But the duration of a transaction depends on how much transfer is on the blockchain.

What you can see here: https://blockchain.info/en/charts/mempool-count?timespan=1week

...is the mempool. It shows how transactions are in the queue, waiting to be processed. Right now it's not that much, about 5000. My guess would be that it shouldn't take much longer than 5-15 minutes until the first confirmation and 20-30 minutes that it's done.

(If you go on 60 days in the link, you can see that the peaks are about 10 times higher - then it takes longer)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: