Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are electric cars bad for the oil industry?  (Read 23574 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:19:00 AM

i doubt that as there are a lot of people who still use fuel powered cars as they cant afford electric ones

It depends, if the the government in the country where you are living would start to craft it's own electric car for a cheap price just to start to phase out those cars with oil as fuel.. It will be bad to oil industry I think..

Countries which are net oil importers do offer subsidies for electric cars.
It has a lot of advantages - it is better for the environment plus you save on foreign exchange. You don't have to use up dollars to import oil from the Middle East.
Skylake

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:27:05 AM

as long as oil is still useable   for something more useful than a vehicle, it may be better for future ,

zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:31:37 AM

I believe that the increasing popularoty of electric car only has small effect on oil industries since the electric car still have many difficulties finding themselves enough electricity to operate when comparing to oil engine. oil industries still make a lot of profit from many other sources like electricity making, heating, mechanical industries, chemicals. I believe there wont be much problem at least for now
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:27:44 AM

i doubt that as there are a lot of people who still use fuel powered cars as they cant afford electric ones

It depends, if the the government in the country where you are living would start to craft it's own electric car for a cheap price just to start to phase out those cars with oil as fuel.. It will be bad to oil industry I think..

Countries which are net oil importers do offer subsidies for electric cars.
It has a lot of advantages - it is better for the environment plus you save on foreign exchange. You don't have to use up dollars to import oil from the Middle East.

Yeah, that's right.. If the country is an oil importer, and really want to minimize the carbon in the air, then definitely they will give subsidies for electric cars, but if  a country is an importer and the leader or many of it's officials are member of the  cartel in the country, probably they will be the one's to be against electric vehicles..
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 11:44:25 AM

Personal vehicles are just small percentage of oil market.
I don't see in near future things like electric trucks, agricultural machinery
or what is most important for oil industry planes Smiley
Electric plane this idea sounds like a joke. Sort of like concrete ship but those existed
for some time so you never know.
On the other hand its weird that no body is making electric truck, seems like a good idea.   

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:31:27 PM

Personal vehicles are just small percentage of oil market.
I don't see in near future things like electric trucks, agricultural machinery
or what is most important for oil industry planes Smiley
Electric plane this idea sounds like a joke. Sort of like concrete ship but those existed
for some time so you never know.
On the other hand its weird that no body is making electric truck, seems like a good idea.   

I think when electric vehicles do take off, it will replace gasoline vehicles - the scooters and small personal cars. It will take time for the technology to develop and be adopted in trucks.
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:04:37 PM

i think it's bad only for oil industries.
because we live in modern era, everyone wants the economical and environmentally friendly. so I think if it was just a bad impact on the oil companies, it's okay. and if it is environmentally friendly, we all get the benefits  Grin Grin
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:41:42 PM

because we live in modern era, everyone wants the economical and environmentally friendly. so I think if it was just a bad impact on the oil companies, it's okay. and if it is environmentally friendly, we all get the benefits  Grin Grin
Yes ,but we can also use oil on some not only on cars i think. Also that we can reserve oil for future use oil doesn't tend to reproduce ,oil is limited only .on some research news i heard and see that they explain that mybe on 2024 the oil will be dry and empty , then our ozone layer tends to have a big damage maybe that's also the reason why they created solar use and electric use cars to preserve at lessen the damage of ozone on our world.

yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 01:43:49 PM

Are electric cars bad for the oil industry?

No, they are just bad. Regardless of oil or other industry.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:33:09 PM

they are not bad they are just...tought to use, still an unripe technology

but i would prefer that to gasoline machine
zodiac3011

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:42:53 PM

why do you say so? I think that electric car will be much smoother and environment friendly when compared to oil engine car. Even though it may be hybrid car but it would be definitely better than those oil engine
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 03:04:48 PM

why do you say so? I think that electric car will be much smoother and environment friendly when compared to oil engine car. Even though it may be hybrid car but it would be definitely better than those oil engine

I say so because I am an engineer. Electric engines are very good. But, you need to supply them with electricity. Modern electric batteries are very bad. This is just wrong technology. This is a bottleneck in whole energy problem.

zodiac3011

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:07:48 PM

I say so because I am an engineer. Electric engines are very good. But, you need to supply them with electricity. Modern electric batteries are very bad. This is just wrong technology. This is a bottleneck in whole energy problem.

well it's just not good at the moment but we all can believe that the battery technology can be improved very soon in the future. I think sooner or later will have to accept to use electric car.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:42:26 PM

You are right. This is way all big car companies are struggling to create a car and battery system that holds longer than 400 or 500 km.
But there is much progress in developing alternative battery systems. There was an interesting article on the last international edition of Technology Review about those progresses.

busybee7

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:11:02 PM

i dont think that its too bad for oil industry right now as electric cars are not that popular right now

though if the popularity of electric cars will start growing at a very rapid pace it might be a huge threat to be honest
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16719

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 09:24:37 PM

Yes it is, if all the cars where electric then theres no point to pump and pump oil, cause it will be useless,  and the price oil will become deeper and deeper until it reached 1$
Cars only consume a small part of the oil produced. Think about plastics, aviation and shipping for example. And of course electricity still has to be generated, and oil can be used for that too.

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:56:40 PM

yes and good.  We need a revolution in auto technology, one in which we do not need resources like oil, especially because it is the cause of so many wars.  The industry has been suppressed for decades.

I love Bitcoin
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:54:06 PM

yeah it's time to dominate the modern era. that environmentally friendly technologies will be selected. but unfortunately the price of an electric car is quite expensive than cars that use oil

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:01:19 AM

Believe one thing that industry isnt ready to start and expand as gas station companies wont let that happen,they need to keep exploring till no more fuel,i believe its time already to advance to the future and green energy its already the time to start and make mass production,but those giant companies wont let the market change soo easy.
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:24:05 AM

Yes it is, if all the cars where electric then theres no point to pump and pump oil, cause it will be useless,  and the price oil will become deeper and deeper until it reached 1$
Cars only consume a small part of the oil produced. Think about plastics, aviation and shipping for example. And of course electricity still has to be generated, and oil can be used for that too.

Oil has different uses and not just only for cars so electric cars doesnt really affect that much even if there are mass produce.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: