Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are electric cars bad for the oil industry?  (Read 23574 times)
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:14:18 PM

In the long run it will be bad for the oil industry because I believe that more people will step over to electric cars in the future. I do believe that oil still will be needed in the future.

maybe more people will use an electric cars but not as a replacement for those cars that are working with the oil fuel , they will use it as an alternative transportation just to lessen their expenses but it doesn't mean that they will never use a oil fueled vehicle .
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:38:10 PM

In the long run it will be bad for the oil industry because I believe that more people will step over to electric cars in the future. I do believe that oil still will be needed in the future.

electricity car require expensive station to refuel, and unless there will be huge panel installation, it will be hard to exand in soem country with low energy production i think, will not be that easy definitely

Electricity cars don't require any expensive station to recharge them, you can recharge your electric car on your house. They need special stations for large travels, but i think that fuel stations are more expensive to build than the future electricity recharging stations.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:45:38 AM

electricity car require expensive station to refuel, and unless there will be huge panel installation, it will be hard to exand in soem country with low energy production i think, will not be that easy definitely

Electricity cars don't require any expensive station to recharge them, you can recharge your electric car on your house. They need special stations for large travels, but i think that fuel stations are more expensive to build than the future electricity recharging stations.
Actually using an electric cars will give more benefits to the users and they don't need to have a lot of maintenance in order for them to operate the car. That is so environment friendly and I hope in the future this plan can be realize and will be spread all over the world.

If this will happen, cars would be cheaper and we can see some wonderful designs of cars available in the market. It would be a nightmare for the oil industry so they are doing anything to prevent this from happening.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:42:50 AM

yeah it's a sure thing that the world will evolve and certainly a lot of smart people will change the fuel in the vehicle to be more environmentally friendly. but even so.oil companies will still be able to survive. because the oil users is not only on vehicles
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:53:20 AM

yeah it's a sure thing that the world will evolve and certainly a lot of smart people will change the fuel in the vehicle to be more environmentally friendly. but even so.oil companies will still be able to survive. because the oil users is not only on vehicles

probably.  Since our technology that requires more power to boost anything that is loaded up for heavy lift and speed that rely's on the combustion and propulsion mostly depends on fossil fuels.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Iceborn

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:33:27 PM

Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
To be honest they are bad but it is not hurting the oil industry that much because not many people have an electric car. If this is going to change in the future then it will be bad for the oil industry.
SilverPunk

Activity: 350

The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:41:26 PM

Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
To be honest they are bad but it is not hurting the oil industry that much because not many people have an electric car. If this is going to change in the future then it will be bad for the oil industry.
Yes it will change for sure we are adopting new technologies new breed of things ,its not bad at all because it goods on the other side of our atmosphere and ofcourse on our ozone layer ..Then maybe Oil is use only for those whose badly needed like big machines that oil can only make it start operating.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
                                ▒▒▒▒▒▒    
                              ▒   ▒▒▒▒    
                           ▒  ▒▒▒   ▒     
                          ▒▒▒  ▒▒         
             ▒▒         ▒   ▒▒            
            ▒▒▒▒      ▒▒▒▒▒               
          ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ▒▒▒▒▒▒                
        ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  
      ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒       ▒▒       ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒                    ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒         ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
              ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   

STOX..

██
    ████
   ██████
  ████████
 ██████████
    ████
 ██  ██  ██
  ██    ██
   ██  ██
    ████
     ██   
ETH based Prediction Market
             Unparalleled Peer-to-Peer Trading Experience

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
   Token Sale  
  Soon to be announce

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████             ████████       ███████    ███████████    █████
█████████████████   ██████  ███████████   █████   █████████   █████   █████████
███████████████  █████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████████  ██████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
████████████  ████████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████   █████████████  ███████████████████  █████████   ███   ██████████
██████     ███████████████  ████████████         ███████    █████████    ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

WHITEPAPER
ANN
BOUNTY
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:42:49 PM

Electric cars are not bad for oil industry, because currently pure electric cars are not usable due to limited mileage. Hybrid cars are much better, they save 40 - 50% of fuel, but even hybrid cars use fuel.  Grin
useless4

Activity: 389

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:18:43 PM

Electric cars are not bad for oil industry, because currently pure electric cars are not usable due to limited mileage. Hybrid cars are much better, they save 40 - 50% of fuel, but even hybrid cars use fuel.  Grin
i think if electric cars would be used way more and there were a lot more people adopting to it it would be a threat

i think that people will not start using the electric cars pretty soon because fuel cars are still very popular

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 06:16:30 PM

Title.

Just noticed this news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36548893

And it is not just Volkswagen. Other major automobile producers also have plans for producing electricity driven vehicles. Electric cars are getting a lot of attention nowadays, despite being insanely expensive. Right now, they cost as much as $80,000 (10 times the price of a decent gasoline driven car). Mass production may be able to bring down the price tag. But the big question is by how much, and when?
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 06:22:37 PM

I think the answer is obvious to all of us. its the same thing with cigarettes. although they are bad, they keep  getting  used by the people and their great nemesis is the electric cigarettes.Those  will replace the old usual cigarettes. and the same goes for the electric cars. Although electric cars are more expensive than the original cars. their price will drop eventually.Thats a fact.
So  it will be  quite bad for the oil industry since those cars will disappear by the passing of time as well .
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:34:22 AM

I think the answer is obvious to all of us. its the same thing with cigarettes. although they are bad, they keep  getting  used by the people and their great nemesis is the electric cigarettes.Those  will replace the old usual cigarettes. and the same goes for the electric cars. Although electric cars are more expensive than the original cars. their price will drop eventually.Thats a fact.
So  it will be  quite bad for the oil industry since those cars will disappear by the passing of time as well .

Cigarettes are a bad analogy. People are trying to cut down on cigarette consumption due to the harmful effects on individual health. It would be a stretch to say the same about gasoline cars.
Plus, electric cigarettes haven't dented sales of conventional cigarettes at all.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:36:29 AM

Cigarettes are a bad analogy. People are trying to cut down on cigarette consumption due to the harmful effects on individual health. It would be a stretch to say the same about gasoline cars.
Plus, electric cigarettes haven't dented sales of conventional cigarettes at all.

Vape (electric cigarettes) might be better in terms of health care, taste, etc but Vape costs more than a regular cigarette. People prefer buying cigarette even if in the long run of regular buying, it'd cost more than a Vape does. They want to buy the cheap ones.

Just like for the cars, even if electric cars have been there, people aren't buying them. Simply because they're used to using an oiled car. Also, the electric cars featured in the TV (in my area, atleast) looks really different than the usual car. If they make an electric car that is a replica of an oiled car, then there might be some people who would be interested.

MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 06:56:06 AM

Electric cars are not bad for oil industry, because currently pure electric cars are not usable due to limited mileage. Hybrid cars are much better, they save 40 - 50% of fuel, but even hybrid cars use fuel.  Grin
I think the car will use the gasoline to be eliminated because of the environmental damage. damege the environment in the future will be eliminated. so I think certainly it would be bad for oil companies
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:02:33 AM

I think the car will use the gasoline to be eliminated because of the environmental damage. damege the environment in the future will be eliminated. so I think certainly it would be bad for oil companies

The oil companies currently have too much power over electric cars. They can buy patents for electric cars and never sell them. They can intimidate competitors. Electric cars don't have enough money and power right now to go against the oil companies, so I think oil companies will still stick around for at least 10 more years before electric car companies have a fighting chance against them.

speaktome

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:27:03 PM

Maybe instead of thinking of replacing the cars would be far better to educate people to reduce their use and not see it as a status level but that hardly will happen.I'm not very sure but I thing that planes are also highly polluting.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 05:06:02 PM

this time I think that it will not affect at all, except, the car is recommended for use, and use of a car wearing perlarangan oil. I am sure this car will have a very high price, maybe people will think that it is better to buy cars that use oil because it has a very low price. but this is only opinion I think about
ConnAlt

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:03:37 PM

this time I think that it will not affect at all, except, the car is recommended for use, and use of a car wearing perlarangan oil. I am sure this car will have a very high price, maybe people will think that it is better to buy cars that use oil because it has a very low price. but this is only opinion I think about

It'd be a very LONG time for electric vehicles to hurt the oil industry. Diesel trucks will still hauling goods for long time.
The only way I can see oil crashing so fast(if even possible) is the fact that trains are ran by electricity. But even those, they are supplied electricity by the massive generator/engine inside. So oil still thrives. But in the long run, we only have so much oil.

outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 01:54:58 AM

The demand for oil will probably drop but it's going to take a long time. This may be good for the environment depending on the source of the electricity. I could see a scenario where there are several energy sources used in cars fora few years so the demand for each of them may not be very high.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 02:54:11 AM

It'd be a very LONG time for electric vehicles to hurt the oil industry. Diesel trucks will still hauling goods for long time.
The only way I can see oil crashing so fast(if even possible) is the fact that trains are ran by electricity. But even those, they are supplied electricity by the massive generator/engine inside. So oil still thrives. But in the long run, we only have so much oil.

But surely the oil player migh get allerted for that if the numbers of electric cars are rising everyday surely it will slowly hit to their bones and that can sure be total devastation to them since auto mobile sectors are the biggest oil consuming and if it will be replaced by e-cars well thats totally bad for their economy and their gdp will fall down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: