Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:12:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are electric cars bad for the oil industry?  (Read 23588 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:20:57 AM

Maybe instead of thinking of replacing the cars would be far better to educate people to reduce their use and not see it as a status level but that hardly will happen.I'm not very sure but I thing that planes are also highly polluting.

If the public transport system is good, then a large number of the ordinary citizens are going to prefer it over their own personal vehicles. However, as I have seen in many third world nations, the public transport system is usually inefficient, irregular, and over-crowded. Before educating the public on how to reduce the usage of personal vehicles, the authorities must improve the public transport.
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:37:25 AM

Right now, probably not. Because oil powered cars are still the main type of car that people prefer to use. Simply because oil powered cars are the most convenient and cheapest.

However, in the long term, electric cars are definitely going to be bad for the oil industry.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:41:40 AM

Maybe instead of thinking of replacing the cars would be far better to educate people to reduce their use and not see it as a status level but that hardly will happen.I'm not very sure but I thing that planes are also highly polluting.

If the public transport system is good, then a large number of the ordinary citizens are going to prefer it over their own personal vehicles. However, as I have seen in many third world nations, the public transport system is usually inefficient, irregular, and over-crowded. Before educating the public on how to reduce the usage of personal vehicles, the authorities must improve the public transport.

I agree with you man , there would be no change and they cannot reduce the usage of the personal or private vehicle if public tranport are getting more worst as of now some of those public tranport are insufficient for the use of the people and they are more getting over-crowded . And how can the authorities improve the public transpost if they or the government are using the source funds for their own necessity .
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:47:11 AM

Of course they are, oil is going nowhere in the long run.
I am agree. It's just an economic catastrophe for countries which economic depends from oil and prices for it is the main factor of their economy. Like Russia. Prices for oil is going down and cause of Russia survive only from selling oil - all economy is going down. Salaries get lower, prices and taxes higher. I think that's the reason why Russia didn't make any electric car.
DarkThrones

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:33:07 AM

Any technology that actively makes the demand for oil go down is of course in direct conflict of the people in oil trying to sell it and make money. That being said, electric cars only count for a TINY fraction of demand that isn't be filled because of better efficiency.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:38:36 AM

It is definitely going to be bad for the oil industry. But electric cars are quite expensive at the moment and most people can't afford them. So it won't really impact the industry at this time.
nhanmon

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:40:30 AM

It will help put a cap on oil prices, but feedback is slow, with a time similar to the lifetime of a car.

It will not kill demand for oil fuels entirely until most cars are electric and keeping up the combustion engine ecosystem for a minority is no longer economical.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:32:20 PM

It is definitely going to be bad for the oil industry. But electric cars are quite expensive at the moment and most people can't afford them. So it won't really impact the industry at this time.
It is just expensive now because of the current demand, but when time that the demand is high many players will operate in selling electric cars and with great competition we can only buy it at a good price. For me electric cars is more economical and will help our environment to maintain cleanliness.

king1982

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:24:14 PM

Oil industry will die one day and this is not interesting with electiric cars but when we start use  electiric cars we dont need  oil for to use car but it is not mean we dont use electiric cars and when we start to use electiric cars our world will change and it is a step for second step for revulation we have to be ready it
SilverPunk

Activity: 350

The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:44:20 PM

Oil industry will die one day and this is not interesting with electiric cars but when we start use  electiric cars we dont need  oil for to use car but it is not mean we dont use electiric cars and when we start to use electiric cars our world will change and it is a step for second step for revulation we have to be ready it
Yup,but the very point there is oil is limited only i hope electric cars will release or made as soon as possible so that the oil to be use in some much important machines or ships ,airplanes etc.. Electric cars will be a step up for the world.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
                                ▒▒▒▒▒▒    
                              ▒   ▒▒▒▒    
                           ▒  ▒▒▒   ▒     
                          ▒▒▒  ▒▒         
             ▒▒         ▒   ▒▒            
            ▒▒▒▒      ▒▒▒▒▒               
          ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ▒▒▒▒▒▒                
        ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  
      ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒       ▒▒       ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒                    ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒         ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
              ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   

STOX..

██
    ████
   ██████
  ████████
 ██████████
    ████
 ██  ██  ██
  ██    ██
   ██  ██
    ████
     ██   
ETH based Prediction Market
             Unparalleled Peer-to-Peer Trading Experience

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
   Token Sale  
  Soon to be announce

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████             ████████       ███████    ███████████    █████
█████████████████   ██████  ███████████   █████   █████████   █████   █████████
███████████████  █████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████████  ██████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
████████████  ████████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████   █████████████  ███████████████████  █████████   ███   ██████████
██████     ███████████████  ████████████         ███████    █████████    ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

WHITEPAPER
ANN
BOUNTY
fravia

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:49:40 PM

Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
Honestly the amount of electric cars that are in circulation will not even slightly phase multi billion dollar oil companies with huge rigs out in the ocean mining trillions of litres a year, making billions in profit, AT THE MOMENT
If they begin to grow in popularity and more and more people start to buy them however, this is a different story, but i can't see this happening as electric cars are all round poorer on performance at the same time as being more expensive, but yes, if they become more popular it will be bad

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:59:40 PM

Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
Honestly the amount of electric cars that are in circulation will not even slightly phase multi billion dollar oil companies with huge rigs out in the ocean mining trillions of litres a year, making billions in profit, AT THE MOMENT
If they begin to grow in popularity and more and more people start to buy them however, this is a different story, but i can't see this happening as electric cars are all round poorer on performance at the same time as being more expensive, but yes, if they become more popular it will be bad
Get ready for the rise of electricity consumption for another order.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:30:18 AM

Title.

Get ready for the rise of electricity consumption for another order.
Well, for me I would prefer to use electric cars because we can easily customize it as it is electronics operated. I know when a thing like electric cars is used we can easily upgrade it and more company will offer us and a good competition will make the car cheaper and convenient to use.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:42:55 AM

I think it's true, you can't blame car companies if many people want to buy on them. People who used personal vehicles are thinking that it is more comfortable and secured than a public transportation. We have a problem here in our country were we already have a large numbers of cars that when you travel for 10kilometers distance it will take you 2 hours to go there. Sometimes buying personal car is result of a mindset that when you have one you are already successful in your life, that mindset is one of the reason too why many people used to buy a car rather than making or building a business.
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:42:10 AM

Not going to lie, this almost seems like a brain-dead topic. "Are competitors bad for an industry?" Well, yeah, they are.

In my opinion, oil should be used for plastics. There should be a massive push to move electric cars towards large-scale use and there should be more money being put into Fusion reactor development. This way electric cars would be far easier and less expensive to charge, and it would allow for us to be able to primarily avoid most of the issues of global warming.
Off course are electric cars bad for the oil industry not so many but if everyone is going to drive electric cars i would say you can better stop mining oil XD
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:58:32 AM

off course are electric cars bad for them because electric cars dont use allot of oil and what would happen is everyone is driving electric there would be a problem for sure!!!
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:07:47 AM

For a part they are but I also think that electrical cars still need oil for some parts and due to this factory's that are running still need oil to run all kind of things..
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:47:46 PM

Electric cars are not bad for oil industry, because currently pure electric cars are not usable due to limited mileage. Hybrid cars are much better, they save 40 - 50% of fuel, but even hybrid cars use fuel.  Grin
yeah i agree if the oil companies are not going bankrupt or lost and in addition to excuse it
 of course there are many other oil users in addition to the transportation car or motorcycle. so the oil companies will remain alive
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:59:31 PM

For a part they are but I also think that electrical cars still need oil for some parts and due to this factory's that are running still need oil to run all kind of things..

Of course some parts of the car will require oil. such as chain oil or oil for the machine. I think gasoline is not the only product of the oil companies? so the oil companies will remain live even if the car would turn out to be an electric car. Oil will remain in need
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:38:00 AM

In my eyes they are bad because there will be less more oil needed and due to that the market will collapse soon or later.
For now its not bad due to the fact there are a lot of things depending on oil.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: