Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 08:40:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are electric cars bad for the oil industry?  (Read 23574 times)
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:24:50 AM

I don't think so. Even if electric cars are using electricity to run for it to be appealing to its users, the cost of buying one is more expensive compared to a regular car. In addition to that, the maintenance of it is really expensive as the they are not mass produced and their parts would take more time to create or find. The main point here is really about its cost and since electric cars doesn't have an appealing price for its buyers, then they would rather choose an oil-powered car instead.
Also electric cars use very rare components for their materials so it is impossible to create cheap electric cars and even if that was the case there is no way to create those cars since there is not enough of those materials, so oil powered cars are going to be a reality for a long time.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:54:29 AM

Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
It depends on the production of electric cars and the worldwide percentage of users of electric cars. There are advantages of electric cars so still, many people prefer the car of gas. For example, if you run out of gas, you can just immediately go to the gas station and refill your gas tanks. But if you're run out of electric charge in  electric car, where in the middle of the road you can charge? So, I think, gas industry will not be affected in the presence of electric cars.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:05:04 AM

Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
It depends on the production of electric cars and the worldwide percentage of users of electric cars. There are advantages of electric cars so still, many people prefer the car of gas. For example, if you run out of gas, you can just immediately go to the gas station and refill your gas tanks. But if you're run out of electric charge in  electric car, where in the middle of the road you can charge? So, I think, gas industry will not be affected in the presence of electric cars.
Yes, it might be a great impact to oil industry since most of transportation means in land is catered by oil, so if electric cars will be fully develop then i thinks there is a lot of lost for oil company, but i think this time electric cars cant still withstand as the performance like of oil in terms of fast refueling and power because its hard to charge a big battery in less than a minute compared to refueling in a gas station that without a minute and your tank is full. 

johnalyn

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:13:42 AM

I think yes but it could happen that you can also use it for a short term run like in your town so it is better that we also have it and I think to the oil industry is a better for a long term running in any road trip you like even it is too expensive now it is better than electric.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
lovepale

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:28:02 AM

Bad for oil company. Bad for electricity industry. Oil supply is in the process of lowly even electricity I mean there is a certain limit of its supply. Cars electricity is more convenient than oil car. The environment effect of these two is different. In my own opinion much better to have a water cars than oil cars and electricity cars.
King Koy

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:30:14 AM

I think yes. And this will be the best solution also to the air pollution.
Bit Log

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:08:28 AM

Of course they are, oil is going nowhere in the long run.

I agree. For me, electric car are more efficient and earth friendly than oil. The number 1 cause of global warming is not because of factories and power plant, its because of the exhaust gas from cars

C
Finally C is!!!
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:10:11 AM

Oil will not remain their forever. World oil reserves are going down rapidly. There will be no oil available after 50 years from now. So electric cars is the best option currently available. Many automobile giants are switching from traditional cars to electric cars. As a result world oil industry feeling the threat for their business, but this industry is also aware of these changes. Electric cars are economical, and zero polluting. Oil vehicles are creating pollution and global warming conditions, these will be eliminated by electric vehicles. Electric vehicles are good for the world but not for the oil industry.
Bit Log

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:11:48 AM

I think yes. And this will be the best solution also to the air pollution.

Not all electric powered machine are good. If we look at its source, there are kinds of power plant that are harmfull to the atmousphere. So we can’t just say that electric cars are harmless to the air

C
Finally C is!!!
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:44:33 AM

Electric cars are definitely bad for the oil industry of course. But it will take some time for people adapt to the technology. They say it won't happen overnight. Definitely electric cars will have an impact on oil industry in the long run as people will adapt and will care more to the environment.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:37:05 PM

Yes they are but, there not really  much electric cars in circulation now. If there will be, the oil monopol countries will lost their souce of pride if it happens. The rich middle east countries who rely in their sales of oil will lost profit if it happens.
Now that we are supposed to charge the battery of the car with electricity, I would go with the oil car. One Way or the other we are going to consume oil to meet our present energy needs. In order to produce electricity we need oil coal steam water or things like that.  But if the scientist give us guarantee that by using electric cars world pollution can be controlled or decreased I would change my mind.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:52:52 AM

Electric cars are not that bad to the oil industry. To date, millions and millions of cars are relying on oil. Not only cars are using oil but also power generating companies that needs million of tons of oil for their operation.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:07:17 AM

Title.

WEll in a way it does affect the oil industry but in the long run it would be beneficial for the people inhabiting the earth as it gives us a transportation that is not reliant on oil. Meanwhile oil can be saved and can be transferred to other means for people

Renampun

Activity: 2310
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:32:21 AM

electric vehicles are very good, in the future Business competition will be won by electric vehicles, and of course, this has a very bad impact on the oil industry, but oil will still be in great need of mankind, so the oil industry will continue to survive...

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:50:09 AM

Title.

Absolutely, it will affect to the international oil price market if people are not using gasoline anymore until such time it goes down to world wide banned of using gasoline anymore.
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:30:50 AM

Sure it is some trouble but some not big Oil prices are driven by speculative market dollar up oil down
dollar down oil up but price around 100$ a barrel it is history

It may be bad considering that oil prices are increasing and increasing. People are beginning to find alternative ways of powering their cars, where electricity has been one of the top sources. Also, many people are turning and following the green movement, wanting to decrease the effects of pollution. Having said, many are resorting to buying electric cars nowadays, seeing them as a long-term invest. It is known that electric cars are more expensive compared to the usual cars, but the amount of money you need to spend on gas and maintenance is way less.
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:37:43 AM

I think oil companies will suffer great losses because of the fact that the world passes on electric cars. I think oil companies will be able to complicate the transition to electric cars in various ways
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:15:22 PM

Title.

Of course it is bad for the oil industry. I mean that is the main target of oil industries, isn't that correct? So, if they won't have any customers left then it would put their financial state in a critical condition. On the other hand, it is quite nice for the environment to be free from air and water pollution that is caused by oil.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:21:01 PM

Title.

i think yes because if all people have a electric car there is no person to buy oil that's why its have a bad effect in all the oil industry.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
JacLuck

Activity: 104

Bitcoin|||Altscoin

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:38:12 PM

Not at all because electric cars is not that too big right now even tho yes its gaining popularity, many industry still using oil as a form of substitute for some electric power producing industry using coal and other pricier
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: