Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:10:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133031 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:56:58 PM

How do i send steem to another user?

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:57:55 PM

transfer fromaccount toaccount "XXX.XXX STEEM" "memo" true

STEEMD

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:59:27 PM

Steemit is a social media platform where everyone gets paid for creating and curating content. It leverages a robust digital points system, called Steem, that supports real value for digital rewards through market price discovery and liquidity  Cool
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 09:00:23 PM

Thanks. Do you know how long it should take to reach the other person's account?

Bubba-Gump

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:05:50 PM

And I've been mining while I've been fudding.

Hate me? Consider it "chess". Wink

TOTAL                  1357.000 STEEM    3676.733594 VESTS            0.000 SBD

We've known it all along Smiley

Happy to see you participating

Ned

I think you have a great idea here and am interested in being a witness, so I'm going to lay down my creds.

First of all, the Eclipse Crypto account is a join developer account. I originally used it to post in this thread because I was logged in as this account and forgot to log out. I thought it would be a one-off post but then it kind of exploded. The other Eclipse developers have been *very* understanding, and my apparent lunacy here is in no way a reflection of the Eclipse team.

From now on, I'll post in this thread as "Bubba-Gump".

About me and my credentials for being a witness:

I have been following crypto for about 2.5 years now and it was only a few short months after my first purchase of BTC before I started getting involved on the development side. Lately, I have been working with the Eclipse dev team as a programmer. To clarify things, we have several devs. I am the lead (overly-outspoken) programmer. We also have an administrative dev and a cryptography expert. We are all "equals", leading different parts of the project.

I have expertise in a enough programming languages not to bother mentioning them all. One language I will mention is C++ because so much of crypto is written in it. I've studied cryptocurrency code so much that I can read through it like a newspaper and can spot logic bugs without even running the code. I have written a lot of cryptocurrency code for many projects.

I have many years of experience in system administration, setting up long running networks both as a consultant and salaried professional.

If I run a witness, I will do so using a top-tier cloud platform like google, amazon, or azure. I have registered a few aliases on the STEEM platform, some of which may not be flattering to steem. Again, that was all a "masquerade". At least we know these names will be in friendly hands.

I prefer my witness account to be "steemed" if I am selected. I also have steemroller and steemer, and many other potentially valuable aliases.

In fairness, I could have put a lot of hashes on this coin, but I stayed out of the way so the devs could get more of a development fund. I have been putting everything into vests, even at the low rates we have been getting now. I was probably one of the first people with vests after relaunch.

I'm excited to see where this project will go. I have been recruiting new participants behind the scenes, and even helped a few people here both on the board and privately.

Even if I didn't have a stake in this project, I'd be enthusiastic about its progress as the devs' goal is one of the well known killer dapps that will serve a useful purpose to society.
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 09:28:07 PM

I tried a test transfer using this syntax over an hour ago but it still doesn't show in the other person's balance. How long does it usually take? Sorry for all the questions, steem is new, wondrous and strange to me.

dannote

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:02:06 PM

I tried a test transfer using this syntax over an hour ago but it still doesn't show in the other person's balance. How long does it usually take? Sorry for all the questions, steem is new, wondrous and strange to me.
it should be really fast, I think, say around 3s
hrossik

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:04:35 PM

Guys, do you know, whether it's necessary to have different private keys for each miner, if I am mining on 1 machine on multiple threads?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:10:35 PM

Guys, do you know, whether it's necessary to have different private keys for each miner, if I am mining on 1 machine on multiple threads?

They say - no. So if there is no bug in the code, then you can mine with the same privkey on same machine with multiple miners.

... this space is not for rent ...
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 11:12:29 PM

They say - no. So if there is no bug in the code, then you can mine with the same privkey on same machine with multiple miners.

I have had no issues with this myself.

Bubba-Gump

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:36:12 PM

Do not start multiple instances with the same key, either on the same machine or different machines.

You can have as many threads as you want on a single instance with the same key.

The signature nonce is constructed by the signing key and the thread number. Different instances will have the same thread numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.)

Your best bet is for each steemd you run, you need to have a different key. If in doubt make a different key.

I haven't looked to see if the devs fixed this yet.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:01:12 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 02:18:56 AM by drays

Ned

I think you have a great idea here and am interested in being a witness, so I'm going to lay down my creds.

First of all, the Eclipse Crypto account is a join developer account. I originally used it to post in this thread because I was logged in as this account and forgot to log out. I thought it would be a one-off post but then it kind of exploded. The other Eclipse developers have been *very* understanding, and my apparent lunacy here is in no way a reflection of the Eclipse team.

Not sure how good is to vote for a certified liar as a witness. Too 'simple' things like morale and integrity, are not yet comrehended by this 'great minded' 'chess player'... so expect surprises. But hey - I see those simple things are nearly forgotten here in crypto (money are everything, right?), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a trickster voted as witness here, and see this Ned to be happy for the liar participating...
Somewhat disgusted to see all this.  Undecided

... this space is not for rent ...
steem

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:18:17 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 12:33:05 PM by steem

Ned

Not sure how good is to vote for a certified liar as a witness. Such 'outdated' and too 'simple' things like morale and integrity, are not yet comrehended by this 'great minded' 'chess player' but.. hey - the are mostly forgotten here at BCT, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a trickster voted as witness here, and see this Ned to be happy for the liar participating... Disgusted a bit..  Undecided

Drays, thank you for your analysis. The community would do well to account for it when they are voting for witnesses. Steem, at its core, is all about positive contributions. And we are in a position to support those who support the Steem movement.  As far as witnesses, we will support those who tell the community about themselves openly and are demonstrating they will contribute positively.  Others' votes will count more than ours after that.
pharesim

Activity: 423

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:21:12 AM

Not sure how good is to vote for a certified liar as a witness. Too 'simple' things like morale and integrity, are not yet comrehended by this 'great minded' 'chess player'... so expect surprises. But hey - those simple things are nearly forgotten here in crypto (money are everything, right?), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a trickster voted as witness here, and see this Ned to be happy for the liar participating...

This may be a good moment to introduce myself as a witness. Would've loved to see STEEM support UIAs, but although it doesn't I will run a node for it.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:35:38 AM

Since the amount of VESTS is now more than 90% of STEEM, does this mean you will not get back as much steem if you buy VESTS as you would have if you just kept them?
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:50:07 AM

What is the "Reward Fund"?
Bubba-Gump

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:48:55 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 06:13:05 AM by Bubba-Gump

Ned

Not sure how good is to vote for a certified liar as a witness. Too 'simple' things like morale and integrity, are not yet comrehended by this 'great minded' 'chess player'... so expect surprises. But hey - I see those simple things are nearly forgotten here in crypto (money are everything, right?), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a trickster voted as witness here, and see this Ned to be happy for the liar participating...

Where did I lie? I think I missed it. I helped several selflessly earlier by the way, and did so when there was nothing in it for me except added mining competition.
cubex

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:59:17 AM

I am running a few instances of steem and I finally get some steems with the help of bitshares forum members and friends.  I am a long-time active witness of bitshares (under the witness name of "bitcube") and I would like to dedicated my time and effort to run as a witness for steem too.
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:16:07 AM

Do not start multiple instances with the same key, either on the same machine or different machines.

You can have as many threads as you want on a single instance with the same key.

The signature nonce is constructed by the signing key and the thread number. Different instances will have the same thread numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.)

Your best bet is for each steemd you run, you need to have a different key. If in doubt make a different key.

I haven't looked to see if the devs fixed this yet.

Bubba, thanks for providing a positive contribution. I would kindly suggest that you rectify your standing in the Steem community by removing your earlier posts.

We would like to cultivate a positive, encouraging, and honest community that is welcoming to all.

Are you fast enough?
wackou

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:42:00 AM

I have been a BitShares witness for the past 2 years, and have developed the bts_tools (http://bts-tools.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ and https://github.com/wackou/bts_tools), a suite of python tools to help build, run and monitor witnesses on a graphene chain. It already supports BTS2 and Muse, and I plan to port it to Steem too. This of course means that I'm interested in running for a Steem witness when the DPOS phase kicks in  Wink I started mining steem this weekend and read up a bit on it, looks intriguing!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: