Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133029 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pharesim

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:46:31 PM

If I type get_miner_queue in the cli_wallet, and none of my miners show up.....does this mean something is wrong?

Your miner needs to find a PoW to enter the queue. As long as you see the hashrate in steemd every ~3s (every block), everything is normal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
politzer

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:17:47 PM

Any pool for this coin?

Bean Cash: 2STLLsAj2yujtffCE9oYUQwfELjhtgia22
abitmore

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:21:02 PM

Any pool for this coin?
It's supposed/designed to be anti-pooling.

If I type get_miner_queue in the cli_wallet, and none of my miners show up.....does this mean something is wrong?

Not necessarily,but there is a problem with network all seednodes are down again.

FYI usable seed node list:
Code:
seed-node = 104.199.157.70:2001
seed-node = 104.236.82.250:2001
seed-node = 162.213.199.171:34191
seed-node = 192.99.4.226:2001
seed-node = 46.252.27.1:1337
seed-node = 81.89.101.133:2001
seed-node = 52.4.250.181:39705
seed-node = 85.214.65.220:2001
seed-node = seed.steemed.net:2001
seed-node = steem.clawmap.com:2001
seed-node = seed.steemwitness.com:2001
seed-node = steem-seed1.abit-more.com:2001
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:47:35 PM

VESTS are locked STEEM that get voting rights, dilution protection (essentially interest approximately equal to inflation), and can only be withdrawn over a period 104 weekly payments. Something >90% (maybe much higher, I haven't checked recently) of the STEEM supply is locked up in VESTS.

Should we lock up STEEM purchased from Bittrex in VESTS? But if you do you won't get them back for 2 years?

"Over two years" not "for two years". When you transfer from vesting it schedules 104 equal weekly payments. The first is in one week.

As for what you "should" do, you will have to make your own trading and investment decisions.

How do you transfer from vesting?

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:21:06 PM

VESTS are locked STEEM that get voting rights, dilution protection (essentially interest approximately equal to inflation), and can only be withdrawn over a period 104 weekly payments. Something >90% (maybe much higher, I haven't checked recently) of the STEEM supply is locked up in VESTS.

Should we lock up STEEM purchased from Bittrex in VESTS? But if you do you won't get them back for 2 years?

"Over two years" not "for two years". When you transfer from vesting it schedules 104 equal weekly payments. The first is in one week.

As for what you "should" do, you will have to make your own trading and investment decisions.

How do you transfer from vesting?

withdraw_vesting orsonj "123456.123456 VESTS" true
nethyb

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:06:30 PM

Vote for au1nethyb1 witness in the LAN down under!

G'Day! I’m exited about the vast potential of Steemit and would like to get your support for managing an elected witnesses for the STEEM network.

My witness is able to provide global diversity for the STEEM network as it’s hosted on enterprise scalable Amazon AWS infrastructure in Australia.

Being in Australia is an advantage for the network in that I’ll likely be available at odd hours, and can monitor and alert the devs or other witnesses if there are any STEEM network issues while most are sleeping!

Witness Name: au1nethyb1
Witness IP: undisclosed
seed-node=52.62.24.225:2001

My credentials for managing a STEEM witness are as an early contributer to the bitshares community:
Managed two bitshares delegates and two seed nodes
Enabled bitshares listing on Bittrex exchange
Originally developed and managed the minebitshares virtual mining multi-pool

If you’d like to show your support:

Code:
vote_for_witness "youraccountnamehere" "au1nethyb1" true true
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:51:35 PM

windows gui wallet yet ?
truerue

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:47:07 PM

On which block STEEM switches from DPOW to DPOS? And what is estimated time of this swich? Or target spacing between blocks?
abitmore

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:01:22 PM

On which block STEEM switches from DPOW to DPOS? And what is estimated time of this swich? Or target spacing between blocks?
Block 864000. Around 2016-04-24 05:40 UTC

The switch should be instantly.
Mysterion

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:18:31 PM

Wait.. PoW is just 4 weeks?

So during all of PoW the dev team hasn't managed to release a windows client, shut out the biggest potential user base and premined >80% of the supply?

Promising tech or not, that's just a joke. And not a good one.
truerue

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:24:21 PM

Thanks
Dournighader

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:25:20 PM

WHY Steem -35% today at bittrex?
Indemnified

Activity: 216

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:03:47 PM

So during all of PoW the dev team hasn't managed to release a windows client, shut out the biggest potential user base and premined >80% of the supply?

"You just need thick skin and the ability to ignore the Bitcoin pharisees and the angry mob they incite to nail you to a cross for failing to sacrifice your creation to the prevailing mining gods."

How to Launch a Crypto Currency Legally while Raising Funds
https://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/03/27/How-to-Launch-a-Crypto-Currency-Legally-while-Raising-Funds/

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:22:06 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 07:34:38 AM by traumschiff

"You just need thick skin and the ability to ignore the Bitcoin pharisees and the angry mob they incite to nail you to a cross for failing to sacrifice your creation to the prevailing mining gods."

https://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/03/27/How-to-Launch-a-Crypto-Currency-Legally-while-Raising-Funds/

Doesn't matter what Daniel Larimer writes in a blogpost, coin was relaunched and premined/instamined (80% which is also staking) while it clearly states in the OP title that it was not. This makes it a complete noobtrap and a huge risk for late investors because there are no promises compared to an ICO where atleast you have most rules set down from the first minute and the people decide how much money the developers get. Here they are asking for millions of $ according to the current market cap.

No way poloniex will add it with this launch so good luck staying alive on bittrex (who plan to add a trading cap on users).

Rossco99

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:53:03 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 02:16:01 PM by Rossco99

https://i.imgur.com/uqmozlR.jpg

Good-Day steemit Community

I believe in the steemit vision founded on the social esteem ideal and what better way to pledge support than to host a witness node.

An apt witness name wouldn't you say 'boatymcboatface', a failed democratic / public consensus naming contest given new life on the block chain which aims to correct this very failure.

Freedom, Life, Liberty and Property for All

Node Location: AWS Sydney Australia

Witness Name: boatymcboatface

seed-node = 52.63.172.229:2001

Code:
vote_for_witness "YOURACCOUNTNAME" "boatymcboatface" true true
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:17:29 AM

NOTICE:

Due to an bug in witness scheduling algorithm all miners / full nodes will have to upgrade to the latest master by block 864,000  (about 22 hours from now).

This is the same block that switches from 100% computational POW to 5% computational POW and 95% DPOS-style voting of VESTING stakeholders.

Please join the steem.slack.com #witnesses channel to get the latest updates and support for this and future hard forks.

Changes to the protocol include:

1. adjusting log-term inflation rate calculations to compensate for compounding effects. The STEEM supply will now double every year (almost exactly) ignoring impact of unpredictable Steem Dollar conversion timings. These rates only change things 1 year+ from launch.

2. lowering the min account creation fee that is configurable by witnesses

3. removing witness creation fee (only one per account)

4. fix some issues regarding the 'temp' account

5. enforce maximum url length to 2048

6. fix some bugs in how reward payouts were calculated, these changes only impact things that happen after July 4th.

7. 1 million to 1 stock split on VESTS.  If you had 1 VEST you now have 1M VESTS.  This is done to improve precision in VESTS / STEEM calculations before it becomes a problem. This is purely an accounting change and has no impact on ownership.

Are you fast enough?
Mysterion

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:26:06 AM

Interesting read and insight into the crooked mind of this dev.

What this says: dev didn't want to pay lawyers and in order to raise the funds he intended, so he tricked the general public. Not for a second do I believe he doesn't have a PC around to compile a windows wallet, so his previous statements make him an outright lier Grin

What's more interesting though is that the team was looking for a way to raise capital. Since they didn't do it through an ICO but instamined their own coin, this means they are planning on selling what they mined in order to acquire the funds they need. Now they might tell you they won't and can't and bla bla.. Remember the previous paragraph where we found out the dev simply lies to bend the reality.. Soooo..

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:31:31 AM

What this says: dev didn't want to pay lawyers and in order to raise the funds he intended, so he tricked the general public. Not for a second do I believe he doesn't have a PC around to compile a windows wallet, so his previous statements make him an outright lier Grin

What's more interesting though is that the team was looking for a way to raise capital. Since they didn't do it through an ICO but instamined their own coin, this means they are planning on selling what they mined in order to acquire the funds they need. Now they might tell you they won't and can't and bla bla.. Remember the previous paragraph where we found out the dev simply lies to bend the reality.. Soooo..

That is exactly what it means and this is why every late-investor, non-miner or noob will get burned hard except if the devs sell it OTC to pump groups, which also isn't legal.

Else they will just dump on the market, which has 50-60 BTC buy support and half of it is fake probably, and I don't see poloniex adding a 80-90% instamine.

pmconrad

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 11:07:08 AM

Updated my seed and witness node.

Please vote for cyrano.witness when you find the time!

https://steemit.com/witness-category/@cyrano.witness/cyrano-witness-post

TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 11:18:32 AM

That is exactly what it means and this is why every late-investor, non-miner or noob will get burned hard except if the devs sell it OTC to pump groups, which also isn't legal.

Else they will just dump on the market, which has 50-60 BTC buy support and half of it is fake probably, and I don't see poloniex adding a 80-90% instamine.

it's funny you guys quote the message with " pharisees " in it. This is only 4 weeks old, and you are already talking about late investor shit. So a few people mined and the devs secured a large percentage of that by mining instead of selling xx million dollars worth in an ICO and claim they ran out of funds in a year or so. I actually feel much safer knowing the devs own 80% or more locked in power-ups for two years. Yes they will get weekly payouts and will have control, but what better motive will they have go the whole nine yards to make STEEM a success? I know you want to mine 80% of a coin and have the devs work for you for free, does that ever happen? I myself was called many names in the past on bct, and the fact is I agree with the devs 100%, catering to the pharisees on bct is a sure recipe for failure.

If you guys spend as much time reading instead of casting stones, you will know this is still in the early stages, even pre "early investors" as you like to call them. Get your powerups now while it's not expensive to do so. Join slack and learn how you can get STEEM without mining or buying, even the pharisees will make STEEM on steemit.com by casting stones  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: