Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133029 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:08:34 PM

Same error. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Exactly, same error again and again on any name used. After struggling with this and some looking in the code, I had to start the name with digit, so it is accepted. But I am getting tired of this coin honestly. Too much undocumented stuff, and this question with parsing error was asked about 3 times in prev thread too, with no answer. Sad

Ffs exactly the opposite of what's stated in the op. Thank you for your help drays.

But I am still not sure this is correct... By the way names stating with "n", "t" and "f" should be accepted too, you can try it. This is crazy. I would appreciate a comment from the developer.

where did you get private key?

nvm I got it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:12:43 PM

Exactly, same error again and again on any name used. After struggling with this and some looking in the code, I had to start the name with digit, so it is accepted. But I am getting tired of this coin honestly. Too much undocumented stuff, and this question with parsing error was asked about 3 times in prev thread too, with no answer. Sad

Ffs exactly the opposite of what's stated in the op. Thank you for your help drays.

But I am still not sure this is correct... By the way names stating with "n", "t" and "f" should be accepted too, you can try it. This is crazy. I would appreciate a comment from the developer.

Likewise. By the way I know this is a dumb question but do you know what the command is to get your balance?

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Mysterion

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:13:15 PM

where did you get private key?

nvm I got it

Where did you find it?
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:18:19 PM

If you are having errors on the CLI then I recommend editing datadir/config.ini

The default generated on should provide a template.

Names starting with n, t, and f are being flagged by the JSON parser "null", "true", and "false". 

If you don't use quotes then those names will fail.

Are you fast enough?
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

Is there a flag to mine with multiple cores?

thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:25:38 PM

Command Line Wallet
start steemd with --rpc-endpoint

Code:
cd programs/cli_wallet
./cli_wallet
new >>> set_password "PASSWORD"
locked >>> unlock "PASSWORD"
unlocked >>> import_key ${WIFKEY}
unlocked>>> get_account youraccountname
{...}

Is there a flag to mine with multiple cores?
--mining-threads=N

Are you fast enough?
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:30:06 PM

reverseflash

can we expect windows binary wallet soon ?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:43:04 PM

reverseflash

can we expect windows binary wallet soon ?

Do not plan on producing binaries for any platform at this point in time.

Are you fast enough?
Panadacoin

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:45:19 PM

Names starting with n, t, and f are being flagged by the JSON parser "null", "true", and "false". 

All of this is backwards steemd will not run with any names that are started with a letter other than n, t, or f. Otherwise, it is needed to be started with a number. Why is it working the opposite of what you say?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:51:57 PM

All of this is backwards steemd will not run with any names that are started with a letter other than n, t, or f. Otherwise, it is needed to be started with a number. Why is it working the opposite of what you say?

The blockchain indicates that people are able to have names starting with all letters.  If you are not using the config.ini file then perhaps you may need '"name"' on your console.  It might be a shell issue.

In any event, I recommend using config.ini to save your setting and make it more secure.

Are you fast enough?
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:55:29 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 07:10:21 PM by OrsonJ

Finally hashing.  Smiley One final question if you don't mind, how do I find my balance? I've tried several of the commands. list_my_accounts for instance doesn't show anything useful and get_account youraccountname gives me !accounts.empty(): Unknown account. Thanks.

STEEMD

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:09:40 PM

Finally hashing.  Smiley One final question if you don't mind, how do I find my balance? I've tried several of the commands. list_my_accounts for instance doesn't show anything useful. Thanks.

list_my_accounts will show ur account/s details including the balance only if you have imported your key via import_key command

EDIT: if you see balance 0 it means you still got no blocks
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 07:14:32 PM

Finally hashing.  Smiley One final question if you don't mind, how do I find my balance? I've tried several of the commands. list_my_accounts for instance doesn't show anything useful. Thanks.

list_my_accounts will show ur account/s details including the balance only if you have imported your key via import_key command

I tried that using the priv key i'm using for mining but the response was:

websocket_api.cpp:77            on_message            ]  message:  {"id":17,"result":[[]}
[]

I used the priv key by using the command get_private_key on the "active" public key listed after creating the account. Was that wrong?

STEEMD

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:19:35 PM

I tried that using the priv key i'm using for mining but the response was:

websocket_api.cpp:77            on_message            ]  message:  {"id":17,"result":[[]}
[]

I used the priv key by using the command get_private_key on the "active" public key listed after creating the account. Was that wrong?

use the commad : suggest_brain_key it will print out a key and a memo passpharse
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:29:45 PM

steemd does not eat any considerable amount of cpu time on my vps. Does it mean it is not hashing at all?

... this space is not for rent ...
Eclipse Crypto

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:35:00 PM

You are doing it wrong. Don't use a number.

The dev's instructions are wrong.

Use this:

Code:
witness='"yourname"'

The json parser is looking for quotes, so you have to single-quote them in the shell. Make sure you single quote the miner array too, but don't single quote the seed node.

Code:
--miner='["yourname","5........."]'

Code:
--seed-node="52.38.66.234:2001"
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:04:13 PM

steemd does not eat any considerable amount of cpu time on my vps. Does it mean it is not hashing at all?

Try adjusting --mining-threads=N  make sure you specify a witness and a miner.

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:11:25 PM

Those who are mining, please share why you are spending time mining this.  Smiley

Are you fast enough?
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 08:12:55 PM

Those who are mining, please share why you are spending time mining this.  Smiley

Personally, I love mining perceived shitcoins.   Grin

Panadacoin

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:22:39 PM

Anyone find anything yet(not dev)? I have 10,000 hps and still nothing, or I think nothing cause
 list_my_accounts
3575798ms th_a       websocket_api.cpp:77          on_message           ] message: {"id":14,"result":[[],[],[]]}

shows that, and am guessing it means empty.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: