Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:20:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum  (Read 4547 times)
Vixmore

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:16:16 PM

Ethereum can expand fast if buying price will be for example 1 USD, and sales price 1.5 USD, but even then Bitcoin will be Nr.1 crypto.  Wink

If the Ethereum price is just 1 dollar now, not many people will be interested in that. That was the situation last year.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Ethereum can expand fast if buying price will be for example 1 USD, and sales price 1.5 USD, but even then Bitcoin will be Nr.1 crypto.  Wink

If the Ethereum price is just 1 dollar now, not many people will be interested in that. That was the situation last year.

I mined some Ethereum last year and early this year. I sold all of them when the price reached $1.5.
grim07

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:07:49 PM

no coins can beat btc as of now based on popularity. many people buy ether just because of its price is rising. but soon to be dump. hahhaa
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:10:25 PM

no coins can beat btc as of now based on popularity. many people buy ether just because of its price is rising. but soon to be dump. hahhaa

The bitcoin transaction is too slow at the moment, there is no desire to increase it by the concerned parties.
Umister

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:07:46 PM

The bitcoin transaction is too slow at the moment, there is no desire to increase it by the concerned parties.

So there transaction fees will not be higher if the block block does not increase, miner will not mine if they cannot make profit.
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:20:31 PM

Price bitcoin is slow to go up but it will definitely continue to go up in other words is stable. But if the price eth sometimes dropping rapidly and rising rapidly.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 03:24:50 PM

Many people in the community are saying that Ethereum will eventually overcome bitcoin.

I don't actually believe that it could be happening, but would like to hear your opinions.

Please explain your answer!

They are now the hot topic and the new kid in town but I still don't believe that they overcome Bitcoin at this point of time,they always say that when a new coin with a unique feature comes out it used to be Litecoin then ripple now etherium..

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:39:28 PM

i was heard some people said that Ethereum will replace bitcoin but i personally don't trust them and will still use bitcoin because bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency also the first one and i think people have same thought as me will choose Bitcoin than Ethereum
Ditonlin

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:17:59 PM

i was heard some people said that Ethereum will replace bitcoin but i personally don't trust them and will still use bitcoin because bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency also the first one and i think people have same thought as me will choose Bitcoin than Ethereum

Bitcoin has 6 years history and has been proven to be working. It will take several more years for Etheruem to achieve that status.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:34:57 PM

The thing must not be so easy, Imagine the following sign: Sorry modifications are being made on the network please turn off the miners and clients in the meantime your BTC are safe.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 04:43:35 PM

Many people in the community are saying that Ethereum will eventually overcome bitcoin.

I don't actually believe that it could be happening, but would like to hear your opinions.

They are now the hot topic and the new kid in town but I still don't believe that they overcome Bitcoin at this point of time,they always say that when a new coin with a unique feature comes out it used to be Litecoin then ripple now etherium..
The difference between Bitcoin and Litecoin is very small. However, the difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum is huge.
Xester

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:24:26 PM

The difference between Bitcoin and Litecoin is very small. However, the difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum is huge.

So I think the Ethereum can live independently. It can be used in smart contract system by many people.
kalaria

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:01:52 PM

I prefer bitcoin,because bitcoin is old coin and in my opinion ethereum is a scam coin Embarrassed
Wargika

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:15:03 AM

I prefer bitcoin,because bitcoin is old coin and in my opinion ethereum is a scam coin Embarrassed

Ethereum is still new coin. It is under active development. It will take some time for it to be established.
lanbo

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:10:29 AM

With regards to current price, Bitcoin proves it cannot be taken down by any emerging cryptocurrency so easily.
Umister

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:39:49 AM

With regards to current price, Bitcoin proves it cannot be taken down by any emerging cryptocurrency so easily.

The fundamentals of bitcoin is still very sound. It is the base currency of the digital world. It will last.
Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:20:43 PM

Compared to Bitcoin, Ethereum is not intended to be used as a currency. It is a fuel in the smart contract system.
Xester

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:48:52 AM

Compared to Bitcoin, Ethereum is not intended to be used as a currency. It is a fuel in the smart contract system.

But you can still use it as a currency. For example, you can use it to invest into the DAO. That is regarded as money.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:42:09 AM

But you can still use it as a currency. For example, you can use it to invest into the DAO. That is regarded as money.

The DAO is a smart contract... One that I had the misfortune of becoming ensnared in. So far, my experience with both ETH and the DAO has been unsatisfactory. I'm surprised there are not a whole lot more of these tokens/smart contracts coming out of the woodwork. With such few lines of code needed to implement a smart contract, I would think these scam tokens/"smart??" contracts would be multiplying like cockroaches. These poor DAO people. Now every time they want to vote, they have to make sure their coffers are filled up with ETH for the gas. They can't even use their DAO to pay the gas, like it works with any regular cryptocurrency. They must buy ETH. No wonder most of the curators of the DAO are also big names for the ETH.
     For me, I think Bitcoin will always be ahead of ETH. Pretty soon, there is going to be s great deal of smart contracts bloating the ETH blockchain. The vast majority of these smart contracts/tokens are going to be absolute shit. It's going to be a bloated mess that will be in desperate need of an enema.
ravens

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:10:07 AM

If ETH isn't a currency, then I suppose that this is the wrong place to advertise is it? Although you can say that about some of the altcoins in the market.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: