Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Piece of Shit Bitcoiners et al. Hall of Fame  (Read 15810 times)
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:28:59 AM

Could you two perhaps take your shitcoin shit slinging contest somewhere else perhaps? Just a suggestion.

It is actually not about a "shitcoin" and its merits, but about libelous accusations against an individual. As AlexGR eloquently explained, it is not about Dish, but about Evan Duffield the more or less public individual. The question raised is, whether Evan Duffield is a "piece of shit" or not.
The purpose of this thread is to establish a pillory, which can be problematic in itself, but the OP seems to be open and fair and allow discussions, which I applaud, because otherwise it would turn into a mudslinging contest. In german we call that "Rufmord", which Google translates as "character assassination", which is a criminal offense where I come from. TBTP is intelligent and his accusations have a superficial plausability, though no falsifiability, hence they remain claims. It`s malevolent "in dubio contra reo". Those allegations have to be countered out of sheer sense of fairness, which is what AlexGR is doing with remarkable patience and grace.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 12:47:53 AM

Could you two perhaps take your shitcoin shit slinging contest somewhere else perhaps? Just a suggestion.

It is actually not about a "shitcoin" and its merits, but about libelous accusations against an individual. As AlexGR eloquently explained, it is not about Dish, but about Evan Duffield the more or less public individual. The question raised is, whether Evan Duffield is a "piece of shit" or not.
The purpose of this thread is to establish a pillory, which can be problematic in itself, but the OP seems to be open and fair and allow discussions, which I applaud, because otherwise it would turn into a mudslinging contest. In german we call that "Rufmord", which Google translates as "character assassination", which is a criminal offense where I come from. TBTP is intelligent and his accusations have a superficial plausability, though no falsifiability, hence they remain claims. It`s malevolent "in dubio contra reo". Those allegations have to be countered out of sheer sense of fairness, which is what AlexGR is doing with remarkable patience and grace.

There is no libel in calling someone a "piece of shit", or in some other statement of opinion and the OP seems to be an opinion. Now the two shitcoiners discussing Mr. Duffield's escapades are digging much deeper into libel territory as they seem to be trying to claim certain "facts". But I'm not a lawyer, all I'm saying is that it would make sense to continue that discussion somewhere else. If it yields any conclusion or result then let's petition Gleb to adjust Mr. Duffield's status to "a little speck of shit" or "a mound of shit" or whatever is appropriate.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:50:46 AM

Nobody got ripped off.

Semantic obfuscation is one of the traits of a criminal mindset. They even convince themselves they are justified. That is how a criminal mind works.

To recap, Evan admitted that in less than 24 hours, the insiders instamined 33% of the coins contrary to the statements he had made in public which established evidence of a pattern of lying and deceit. We can presume they also managed to mine a significant portion of the remainder of the coins mined, because they were obviously taking this very seriously (which is confirmed by Evan trying to now influence our opinion of the history and pretend he was not serious in the beginning). He then created a masternode scam which concentrates the tokens to those who have most tokens. He even lied in the InstantX white paper exaggerating the security from insecure to very secure with a high school level probability math error and then when I found that error a year later, he tried to again be deceitful in his response (which is in my "vaporcoin" thread in the Altcoin Discussion forum). Thus we can conclude the insiders control most of the tokens and thus control the float and anyone who knows a damn thing about market manipulation knows he who controls the float can manipulate the price, volume, and market cap. Thus the insiders created a P&D rise in the price, volume, and market cap to sucker in fools who handed their money over to the insiders. And then the price collapsed and those fools lost their money. And the P&D has been repeated 3 times because the masternode scam provides a way to recycle the coins back to insiders continuously.

I wrote the following to my angel investor today:

Quote from: myself
I was hoping to have some more feedback from you on the logo progress. I drove all the way over here this morning to read your feedback on all the messages I sent you yesterday.

On a decentralized individual basis, each person can take their risk w.r.t. to downloading Youtubes, but a company profiting off stealing from another company is definitely a way to show the world we are not for protecting intellectual property rights; as well making us very liable for a lawsuit. It is also makes us look weak as if we have no real viable business model other than theft.

I am criticizing myself also for contemplating shady ideas in the recent past. I have come to see that I was developing (sliding towards) a criminal mindset and had conflated it with being in support of freedom. The epiphany for me came when I realized that decentralized file storage would essentially destroy creative property rights and thus plunge society into a Dark Age of stealing from ourselves. There is a way to disrupt the RIAA and other monopolies without stealing from ourselves. That is what our startup will do. And besides, decentralized whatever won't stop the government from taking control by restricting the onramps and internet. Useless ideology that is Dark Age directed, is not the path forward for humanity. The better way is to provide a viable ecosystem that the masses can rally around. TPTB can't ban what is popular.

Ah the political correctness and slander liability concern. Evan fooled me at the start too because he is amiable (though I now realize it is fake and devious). I hate when someone uses me to commit a scam. He crossed me. If Evan wants to bring me to court in the USA, then I will demand all of his records so I can open the entire scam details to public knowledge, so he will never do that. I can subpoena the records of the exchanges involved, etc.. Much better if one of those scammers does sue me! Especially after I have a lot of money some months from now.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:09:28 AM

It is actually not about a "shitcoin" and its merits,

Correct this is not about the technology of Dish, rather it is about the actions of the issuers of Dish (DRK) and whether those actions are a scam that defrauded investors.

but about libelous accusations against an individual. As AlexGR eloquently explained, it is not about Dish, but about Evan Duffield the more or less public individual.

As purveyor of an unregistered investment securities offer to the public-at-large (and not restricted to accredited investors), his actions are subject to public scrutiny. The SEC has certain requirements on disclosure which he has not adhered to. He is attempting to claim that the tokens were decentrally mined and thus that he is not an issuer, and that the bug that allowed the instamine was a fluke. Yet this is entirely impossible, because no developer who launches a crypto-currency doesn't notice for nearly 24 hours that the coin is being mined at a horrendously faster rate than publicly stated would be the case. Take me to court and I can blow a hole in that statement immediately that any fair judge or jury will clearly see that Evan is lying.

The question raised is, whether Evan Duffield is a "piece of shit" or not.

Incorrect.

The purpose of this thread is to establish a pillory, which can be problematic in itself, but the OP seems to be open and fair and allow discussions, which I applaud, because otherwise it would turn into a mudslinging contest. In german we call that "Rufmord", which Google translates as "character assassination", which is a criminal offense where I come from. TBTP is intelligent and his accusations have a superficial plausability, though no falsifiability

Your incorrect comprehension of the situation has now been explained to you.

Falsifiability will come from the proper disclosures that the SEC requires for issuing investment securities.

Evan assassinated his own character with his actions which are now being brought into a spotlight.

jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:24:31 AM

The list is reserved for those who were instrumental in substantially ripping off folks in the cryptocurrency space. Real names only unless warranted (e.g. TradeFortress - not yet added hoping to have real name revealed). Please provide links in cementing your claim. Refrain from suggesting staff of this forum unless the evidence is overwhelming (none come to mine for me at this penning). Feel free to offer up corrections and middle names for those listed below. Apologies for not providing links for all the entries. Adding links (ongoing).

In Alphabetical Order (surname):

Nigel Allan   (OneCoin)
Logan Anderson   (Cryptsy)
Tomas Andzelis   (EgoPay)
Alberto Armandi   (Bitdaytrade - BDT)
Colin Armitt   (CryptoXchange)
Ken Armitt   (CryptoXchange)
Simon Barber   (HashFast)
Eva Bartošová   (Sheep Marketplace)
Ferdous Bhai   (MintPal)
Pankaj Bharadwaj   (escrow.ms)
Bruce Bourne   (Butterfly Labs - BFL)
Jason Boyko   (Digital Mining Store / PB Mining)
Danny Brewster   (Neo & Bee)
John James Bridge/John Bridge/Johnny London/John MacLeod   (Bit Capital)
Shaun Bridges   (FBI)
Simon A. Bright   (Hashra)
Virginia "Ginny" Bryant   (Cryptsy)
John Carley   (uᴉoɔʇᴉq Trader)
Matt Carson   (Miner Source)
Eduardo de Castro   (HashFast)
Leandro César   (uᴉoɔʇᴉq Rain)
Thierry Charlemagne   (Cryptsy)
Kerim Chikhi   (Bitmine AG)
Robert Keith Christopher Jr.   (CryptoRush)
Mike Chu   (MintPal)
Eric Allen Corlew   ([BTC-TC]BASIC-MINING)
Marc Coumans   (Mining ASICs Technologies - MAT)
Gerald Davis   (BitSimple)
Jody Drake   (Butterfly Labs - BFL)
Evan Duffield   (Dish) see this post
Valton Eason   (FinalHash)
John Fitzpatrick   (Exascale Power Co.)
Leroy Fodor   (StakeMiners)
Katrina Fodor   (StakeMiners)
Carl Force   (DEA)
Judge Katherine Forrest   (Ross Ulbricht trial)
Carlos Garza   (GAW Miners)
Homero Joshua Garza   (GAW Miners)
Nasser Ghoseiri   (Butterfly Labs - BFL)
Alex Green aka Ryan Kennedy   (Moopay LTD)
Sebastian Greenwood   (OneCoin)
Mantas Gustys   (EgoPay)
John Hammes   (Cryptsy)
Patrick Harnett   (Starfish BCB)
Jason A. Hudgins   (Fibonacci)
Dr. Ruja Ignatova   (OneCoin)
Leonnel Chukwuka Iruke   (FinalHash)
Ravi Iyengar   (CoinTerra)
Jeff Jennings   (LifeforcePools)
Xinyu Jiang   (ASICMiner)
Thomas Jiřikovský   (Sheep Marketplace)
Mark Karpeles   (Mt Gox)
Tadas Kasputis   (EgoPay)
Abram Kottmeier   (HashFast)
Kris   (BIPS) seeking last or real name
Yuri Lebedev   (Coin.mx)
Eric Charn Hung Lew   (uᴉoɔʇᴉq escrow service)
Terry Li   (HalleyBTC/ZeusHash/ZeusMiner)
Marshall Long   (FinalHash)
Marc A. Lowe   (HashFast)
John MacPherson   (Cryptsy)
Sergey Mavrodi   (MMM)
Giorgio Massarotto   (Bitmine AG)
James McCarthy   (GLBSE)
Paulius Meskauskas   (EgoPay)
Chris Morrision   (FinalHash)
Nicholas P. Mullesch   (Hashing Supply Company LLC)
Anthony R. Murgio   (Coin.mx)
Lorie Ann Nettles   (Cryptsy)
Andrew Nollan   (Shades Minoco)
Jeffrey Scott Ownby   (Butterfly Labs - BFL)
Bruce Peterson   (Butterfly Labs - BFL)
Joe Russell   (HashFast)
Cristian ‘Chris’ Ilie Schipor   (Lightcoin GEAR)
Erik Schryvers   (Virtex)
Trendon T. Shavers   (uᴉoɔʇᴉq Savings and Trust - BTCST)
Sumair Sheikh   (ATM heights kingpin)
Jim Shockney   (Cryptsy)
Jay Shore   (Coinabul)
John Skrodenis   (HashFast)
Alex Suvo   (Black Arrow)
Tài Tưng Tửng   (StakeMiners)
Paul Vernon   (Cryptsy)
Sonny Vleisides   (Butterfly Labs - BFL)
Erik Voorhees   (FeedZBirds)
Yan Wang   (TradeFortress <--acting as temp placeholder) name needs verification
Anthony Watson   (BitReserve)
Tom Williams   (MyBitcoin)
Michael Wilterdink   (StakeMiners)
Amy Woodward   (HashFast)
Craig Steven Wright   (DeMorgan Ltd.)
Rock Xie   (AmHash)
Josh Ryan Zerlan   (Butterfly Labs - BFL)
Michael Zinck   (StakeMiners)
Joshua Zipkin   (Advanced Mining Technologies - AMT)

This is  a great list for those who were instrumental in substantially ripping off folks in the cryptocurrency space. They are few currency missing. If all the currencies could be added, it will be a great place to know who was the owner/ Starter of the currency.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:56:46 AM

Evan Duffield is perhaps among the worst on the list, precisely because his victims don't even realize they're such. Because of this, he always has a groupie/follower show up to defend him and his cult anytime somebody has anything negative to say.

Dash was listed on coinmarketcap as "pre-mined" for maybe a day or two before enough Evan followers complained and had the label removed.

And to preemptively respond to AlexGR, his victims are every person who has ever used Dash thinking their transactions would be private or untraceable. He's a snake oil salesman.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:16:18 AM

And to preemptively respond to AlexGR, his victims are every person who has ever used Dash thinking their transactions would be private or untraceable. He's a snake oil salesman.

But that is not the same as ripping off people's money. That is just a shitcoin, which is not the criteria here.

We don't know if those who claim to be Evan supporters are sockpuppets and/or those insiders who profited on the scheme.

The real victims are those who have sold for less than they paid at the expense of the insiders who sell to pocket Bitcoin and then get the DRK tokens back again for free via their control over masternodes. It is an endless supply of new fools who might actually be HODLing for the Evolutoin P&D, and their funds are being given to the insiders. They all hope there are some greater fools to sell the Evolution pump to. In short, there can't be a non-manipulated market in this current scam structure.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:51:11 AM

@AlexGR, at least one person missed the launch due to Evan Duffield launching earlier than he said he would. That should be considered as someone (in)directly being "ripped off" in my opinion. See:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

Launch is being moved to 11PM EST!

... seriously?

Just woke up to this Sad How many hours have I lost? Oh, well.  Time to git pull and launch it again.

@Gleb Gamow, see above and:

This:

To me it is absolutely unfair to put a decent person like Evan Duffield on that list.
He adresses the accusations at 9:50 of this interview with Trace Mayer, audiatur est altera pars:

http://www.bitcoin.kn/2016/02/dash-lead-developer-evan-duffield-discusses-cryptocurrency-experimentation/

Evan Duffield states, it was merely "a hobby", which is directly contradicted by:

Hello,

We’re a startup looking for 1 or 2 really good C++ programmer that is familiar with the bitcoin internals to help with a for-profit startup.

We will be able to provide more information about the project after signing a non-compete/non-disclosure agreement. Our coin will be one of the truly unique coins that are not just a clone of the original Bitcoin code. In short the project will be a merge-mined altcoin that will provide a very useful service to the whole crypto-coin ecosystem.

If you have added any features to Bitcoin or related technologies this is a definite bonus. Please include information about the work you’re done in the space.

We have detailed plans on how to implement it and the roles we are looking to fill. If interested please email eduffield82 <at> gmail.com with a description of your work experience and we’ll vett the applications and share our plans to see if you’re interested.

Thanks,

Evan & Kyle

Hawk Financial Group, LLC

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bitcoin.devel/3570

And perhaps also:

I was just thinking about this for a coin I am considering making... I think it's a good idea for the following reasons.

* Primecoin started out very low performance and the community took it upon themselves to improve it.
* If the coin is a really good idea, people will adapt your c# to cython/c/c++ to gain an advantage and after the advantage is leaving they would open source it

I think this would basically add 1 extra step to the arms race that happens with new coins. I.e, Bytecode, machine code, GPU, ASICs, etc.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:58:23 AM

But that is not the same as ripping off people's money. That is just a shitcoin, which is not the criteria here.

We don't know if those who claim to be Evan supporters are sockpuppets and/or those insiders who profited on the scheme.

The real victims are those who have sold for less than they paid at the expense of the insiders who sell to pocket Bitcoin and then get the DRK tokens back again for free via their control over masternodes. It is an endless supply of new fools who might actually be HODLing for the Evolutoin P&D, and their funds are being given to the insiders. They all hope there are some greater fools to sell the Evolution pump to. In short, there can't be a non-manipulated market in this current scam structure.

If someone is negatively biased, he will find anything he wants to crucify another. For example:

Say an investor or Evan sells some of his coins: "Ohhh he dumped and got a profit, scamming others"
Say an investor or Evan keeps his coins in MNs: "Ohhh he is profiting from the MNs, perpetuating the scam"

See? You can't win in this game. You are always at the mercy of an accuser.

Same for bitcoin... You could say Satoshi ...solomined like 1mn coins, so every single bitcoiner is immoral for even accepting such a scheme where the creator is a billionaire. You can also say Satoshi is immoral himself for not destroying his coins. You can say he is a scammer because of P&Ds.... you can say all sorts of things.

Tomorrow you'll be making your own crypto or crypto-platform.

You've already stated your intention to not inform this community. I can already tell you, that, in accordance with the unwritten "terms of fairness", you can be called by someone else, as a scammer stealth miner. You are saying you are talking with ...investors... You can be accused of setting up a scam with whales, a scam that will profit the early investors at the expense of the later investors - who of course weren't notified of your project, so that they can not participate from the beginning... You can also be accused of being purposefully negative in all things related to other crypto with the malicious intent of profiting from promoting your own superior "solution". When it comes to mining, if you choose cpu mining, you'll be called a scammer because a) "oh it's all botnets" or b) as soon as a more evolved version of the miner comes out someone will imply that you had such a more evolved cpu miner all along, helping you stealthmine your own coin. If you go GPU, which naturally takes some time to get up to speed in new algos in terms of optimization, you can again be called a scammer for the same reason. You could even be accused of colluding with FPGA programmers to solomine at extreme speeds, since you had foreknowledge of your algo specs. The list can go on and on and on. Like, how is your own compensation going to work?

If you have investor money, then obviously someone can control you based on the control of money. So you are selling out your user base to your investors. If you do an ICO, you can be called a scammer due to the way coins are created by the move of a magic wand, central-bankers style. If you do a premine, you can be called a scammer. If you take whale donations you can be accused of getting immoral benefits for behind-the-scenes deals. Even if you work for 0$ and make a coin and get nothing for it, and I mean absolutely nothing, one can still call you a scammer. Why? Because coins that have a development plan are going to have development announcements. Thus the dev is always ahead of the market by knowing (inside info) what is being worked upon. When he makes an announcement that "we'll be releasing this fantastic feature tomorrow" and the market goes +30% or +100%, he can go long and profit through insider trading. Nobody even needs to prove you are actually trading your coin or project. By the mere fact that you have inside info that is pumping the market on its announcement, you can be accused for betting on your foreknowledge of events. You'll look even "sketchier" if you are working for 0$, because then people will be like "huh? so how is this guy funded? Ah, there's where he gets his money".

And, people can craft arguments that can lock you in as a scammer, no matter what you do. If you do A, they'll say you are a scammer. If you do the opposite (B), they can also say you are a scammer. Thus no matter what you do, they'll cry "scam". Even things like going public with your own full name can be used against you... If you are anonymous => you are a scammer. If you are not anonymous, and you give people your linkedin account, it's because you want to lure them better into your scam, by lowering their defenses and trusting you. If your coin goes lower, your old investors got scammed. If your coin goes higher, you are scamming the newbies who are investing in the pump... See? You can't win. EVER.

So let's deal with more tangible things, relative to this list, like, did Evan rip anyone off? The answer is NO.

Does he belong in a list with ...Karpeles? FFS, the answer is obvious.
poupatudo

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:03:36 PM

I also don't see Alberto Armandi from Bitscalper or Andrew Nollan of BitArb/Shades Minoco. Also Leandro Cesar of Bitcoin Rain.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:37:18 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 01:47:15 PM by TPTB_need_war

If someone is negatively biased, he will find anything he wants to crucify another. For example:

Say an investor or Evan sells some of his coins: "Ohhh he dumped and got a profit, scamming others"
Say an investor or Evan keeps his coins in MNs: "Ohhh he is profiting from the MNs, perpetuating the scam"

See? You can't win in this game. You are always at the mercy of an accuser.

When are you going to stop being disingenuous? Is this the way your criminal mindset really operates?

The issue is that Evan lied to the community and set up a premine as an instamine and is still lying about it. And on top of that he set up a masternode funnel which directs the tokens continuously back to the insiders and he even lied for one year about the security of the masternodes in the InstantX white paper until I found the high school level math error. This instamine+masternode funnel ostensibly enables them to control the float and run P&D price manipulation which enables them to direct the capital inflow from speculators maximally into their own pockets in a manipulated market.

There is a reason that these activities are illegal in the USA under the 1930s Securities Act.

Same for bitcoin... You could say Satoshi ...solomined like 1mn coins, so every single bitcoiner is immoral for even accepting such a scheme where the creator is a billionaire. You can also say Satoshi is immoral himself for not destroying his coins. You can say he is a scammer because of P&Ds.... you can say all sorts of things.

Satoshi didn't run an instamine. He published it for everyone and the mining was available to people with a CPU for a year.

How disingenuous can you be to equate two situations which are not at all analogous.

Tomorrow you'll be making your own crypto or crypto-platform.

You've already stated your intention to not inform this community. I can already tell you, that, in accordance with the unwritten "terms of fairness", you can be called by someone else, as a scammer stealth miner.

Haha. Watch and learn something. I challenge you to make that claim. Because I will have some data to make you eat your claim.

You are saying you are talking with ...investors... You can be accused of setting up a scam with whales

There will be no whales in my work on crypto token unless they buy on a free market post launch. Please stay on topic about Dash.

, a scam that will profit the early investors at the expense of the later investors - who of course weren't notified of your project, so that they can not participate from the beginning... You can also be accused of being purposefully negative in all things related to other crypto with the malicious intent of profiting from promoting your own superior "solution".

You are promoting my work. I didn't mention it here. I would prefer you stay on topic about Dash.

When it comes to mining, if you choose cpu mining, you'll be called a scammer because a) "oh it's all botnets" or b) as soon as a more evolved version of the miner comes out someone will imply that you had such a more evolved cpu miner all along, helping you stealthmine your own coin. If you go GPU, which naturally takes some time to get up to speed in new algos in terms of optimization, you can again be called a scammer for the same reason. You could even be accused of colluding with FPGA programmers to solomine at extreme speeds, since you had foreknowledge of your algo specs. The list can go on and on and on. Like, how is your own compensation going to work?

Suggestion to think some more until you figure out what I am doing.

Monero has had some accusations due to inheriting an unoptimized Cryptonite hash from Bytecoin which they did not optimize until after the launch. Nevertheless the coin was not instamined and the fairness of the hash has long since been dealt with. And thus Monero has the lowest scam rating on the poll and I did and Dash the highest. And Monero being an non-manipulated market has finally broken out of the downwedge (as priced in BTC) and is now in a long-term bullish formation w.r.t. to BTC. I don't own any Monero.

If you have investor money, then obviously someone can control you based on the control of money. So you are selling out your user base to your investors. If you do an ICO, you can be called a scammer due to the way coins are created by the move of a magic wand, central-bankers style. If you do a premine, you can be called a scammer. If you take whale donations you can be accused of getting immoral benefits for behind-the-scenes deals.

Or you can sell shares in a for-profit company and make the token a separate item.

Even if you work for 0$ and make a coin and get nothing for it, and I mean absolutely nothing, one can still call you a scammer. Why? Because coins that have a development plan are going to have development announcements. Thus the dev is always ahead of the market by knowing (inside info) what is being worked upon. When he makes an announcement that "we'll be releasing this fantastic feature tomorrow" and the market goes +30% or +100%, he can go long and profit through insider trading.

Yep. And the SEC has regulations against this. Developers better be damn careful about their trades, because the government is standing aside letting everyone in our community incriminate themselves and post 2018 they will coming after everyone with the investigations.

Nobody even needs to prove you are actually trading your coin or project. By the mere fact that you have inside info that is pumping the market on its announcement, you can be accused for betting on your foreknowledge of events.

A developer can merely respond that they have a record of all their trades and when prompted by the appropriate authorities, they can make these records available in private to those regulators.

Best is make sure the coin is finished asap, and so you don't need to continue to develop it. This is why developing a coin with a separation-of-concerns and plugins is an important innovation. As I said, watch and learn.

And, people can craft arguments that can lock you in as a scammer, no matter what you do. If you do A, they'll say you are a scammer. If you do the opposite (B), they can also say you are a scammer. Thus no matter what you do, they'll cry "scam".

So let's deal with more tangible things, relative to this list, like, did Evan rip anyone off? The answer is NO.

The typical criminal mind employs this illogic of equating rape to swimming in a pool where a boy ejaculated.

Does he belong in a list with ...Karpeles? FFS, the answer is obvious.

Absolutely yes. Evan is a bit more clever than Mark Karpeles, but they both scam the Bitcoin community.

Edit: AlexGR, please don't equate a developer taking say 1% of the coins for his efforts which does not give him any control to do P&D price manipulation, to the 33% instamine of Dash (ostensibly for the insiders) and probably well in excess of 50% of the coin supply given the masternode funnel design.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:51:31 PM

Mark has victims. Actual victims. With actual money that were in his custody and which he stole or "lost".

If you can't tell the difference, you are an idiot.

If you can tell the difference and you pretend that you don't, you are immoral, trying to accuse someone of something that he didn't do.

I've stated my case, I have nothing further to add.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:55:54 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 01:22:26 PM by TPTB_need_war

Mark has victims. Actual victims. With actual money that were in his custody and which he stole or "lost".

If you can't tell the difference, you are an idiot.

A cocaine dealer has real victims even though they consented to buying the dope.

Do harmful activities and you are not a positive force for society.

You really need to work on understanding some basic facts about being a positive versus negative force in society. You accusing me of being immoral is akin to the murderer accusing the prison warden of capital punishment.

Perhaps you are young and need to gain some wisdom of the years.

Here in Davao, there is no BS. Deal drugs, you die. Simple.

Edit: for comparison:

ETH is dead forever permanently.

We wish. Sadly that is unlikely to be the case because the mentality amongst speculators is to follow the pump to try to earn some profit. Damn the technological and adoption fundamentals.

P&Ds are irresistible to the gambler "crack addicts".

On the positive side, Ethereum's ICO was publicized, its development is open source as it is happening. OTOH, the potential price manipulation by insiders and the distribution of the ICO is not open source.

Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:18:52 PM

TPTB_need_war man you are attacking like the best people in the crypto world

1. Satoshi nakamoto the guy who brought all of this to us?!
2. Evan Eduffield the man who has awesome innovations like Darksend/Instant transactions/Masternodes/x11....many more. You will even find coins that copy he's work popping like everyday
3. Vitalik Buterin the wonder kid of crypto who out schooled the entire Monero team which consist of over 30 developers that you support along with Smooth + dEBRUYNE.

Didn't you say for over two years now that you will create a coin that solve every other coins issues out there? and the only thing you came up with is a thread of what should I name my awesome coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.0

Didn't Smooth who is suppose to be a Monero developer went to work on he's own coin called AEON yet he didn't do shit towards any of these two coins as a crypto developer?

Didn't FluffyPony the main developer of Monero the coin you guys support after copying the code from Bytecoin all he did was creating monerdice a gambling website and taking 10% of winnings there, while another Monero developer Othe taking the highest win in that site 21800 Moneros?

Do you notice all the attacks on Evan & even spamming their ANN thread are by Monero supporters including their developer "more like website designer" Smooth

Do you know iCEBREAKER is Eduardo the HASHFAST scammer who is a big time supporter of Monero yet you didn't mention he's name ever?

While you guys can't even make a GUI wallet you bash people who actually did something even when they have worked hard for it??!

It is as if you people would wish that every investor who didn't make your shit coin as a choice of investment want them to just lose it all TPTB_need_war I c now that it is not that your body is sick for 4 years now which I hope you get better soon but it is your ego soul that can not see beyond self gains

Why is this all jealousy and hate towards successful people ?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:45:49 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 07:35:15 PM by TPTB_need_war

TPTB_need_war man you are attacking like the best people in the crypto world

1. Satoshi nakamoto the guy who brought all of this to us?!
2. Evan Eduffield the man who has awesome innovations like Darksend/Instant transactions/Masternodes/x11....many more. You will even find coins that copy he's work popping like everyday
3. Vitalik Buterin the wonder kid of crypto who out schooled the entire Monero team which consist of over 30 developers that you support along with Smooth + dEBRUYNE.

I have both praised Satoshi and also pointed out the deceptions in his white paper.

Evan hasn't innovated anything. His InstantX was insecure per the math error I revealed. The anonymity was broken from the start, which is what I told him and then he invented masternodes to fix the CoinJoin jamming issue, but the masternode makes the anonymity insecure, the InstantX insecure, and funnels the coins to the insiders ongoing; as well probably violates FinCEN regulations requiring masternodes to register as MSBs. x11 is a fucking insecure nonsense that has been explained over and over.

The Vitalik nonsense has been detailed in the Ethereum Paradox thread.

Didn't you say for over two years now that you will create a coin that solve every other coins issues out there? and the only thing you came up with is a thread of what should I name my awesome coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.0

Why do you Dash accomplices continue to promote my work when we are here to discuss Dash? Thanks but really I didn't ask you to do that.

Didn't Smooth who is suppose to be a Monero developer went to work on he's own coin called AEON yet he didn't do shit towards any of these two coins as a crypto developer?

Smooth's contribution to Monero was as a highly technical communicator and liason. He did his role very effectively. In contrast, Evan hides away from this forum because he can't handle the technical level of the discussion. And he doesn't want to be caught in lies and illogical statements.

Didn't FluffyPony the main developer of Monero the coin you guys support after copying the code from Bytecoin all he did was creating monerdice a gambling website and taking 10% of winnings there, while another Monero developer Othe taking the highest win in that site 21800 Moneros?

Evan I hear started off copying the code from another coin (Bitcoin I believe).

Bytecoin was an 80+% premine, so Monero forked it. This is the way open source works.

Fluffypony made a gambling site and made a profit. He didn't do any deception. People who want to gamble go to his site.

Do you notice all the attacks on Evan & even spamming their ANN thread are by Monero supporters including their developer "more like website designer" Smooth

I was very much against Monero when they used to spam every other coins' threads. I told them all that directly. And they hated me too. Now they seem to have stopped doing that (as I advised them to) and so now they are off my shit list and recognized for being the only really fair and serious altcoin.

Do you know iCEBREAKER is Eduardo the HASHFAST scammer who is a big time supporter of Monero yet you didn't mention he's name ever?

No I didn't know that. He and I used to fight always, but he stopped attacking me when I stopped attacking Monero. I was very much against the HASHFAST scam. I know some of those who lost money.

While you guys can't even make a GUI wallet you bash people who actually did something even when they have worked hard for it??!

Again this discussion was not about the technical merits of the coin. It was about scamming and ripping off the n00b investors.

If you want to compare Monero's technology to Dash, it will be highly embarrassing for Dash. I hear it takes 10 minutes to mix a transaction on Dash, the masternodes can steal/sell your privacy, etc..

Why is this all jealousy and hate towards successful people ?

Hate towards scammers. No hate towards successful people who are a positive force for our society and especially our Bitcoin community ideals and goals.

quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:53:16 PM

You might as well add Terry Li of ZeusMiner/ZeusHash in there

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=551482
oh yes,i remember how glad to have some miner in Zeusminer,and at that time never predict that it will scamming me,and i'm agree with you to add Terry Li as one of shit bitcoiners list,i wish no more scammers who have so powerfull site like Terry Li.
and also i ever scammed by Hashprofit,but i dont know who have that site.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:08:19 PM

Evan hides away from this forum because he can't handle the technical level of the discussion

LoL !

Actually I think it's because they already have a zoo in his town and he only visits once a year anyway  Cheesy

(What was the name of this "highly authoritative technical thread" again  Huh  Roll Eyes )
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:23:45 PM

If Dash wants to become legit for Evolution, then relaunch with a fair mining distribution. And remove the dividends for masternode scheme. Simple.

Both of which are absolutely necessary for any serious adoption by users due third party investment into the ecosystem (e.g. network effects).

It is quite possible to get off the scam list (although the historic scam record remains), but the Dash insiders don't want to give up their scam.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:30:29 PM

No I didn't know that. He and I used to fight always, but he stopped attacking me when I stopped attacking Monero. I was very much against the HASHFAST scam. I know some of those who lost money.

There is no concrete evidence that Eduardo DeCastro = iCEBREAKER. I've asked before to people to provide evidence, but like I said, I haven't seen anything concrete yet. Until then, it is a mere allegation.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:09:44 PM

What's your point? That Monero is no good because iCEBREAKER uses it? Is Bitcoin no good because of all the people on this list use it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: