Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:48:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Synereo  (Read 10147 times)
jimscarver

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:18:09 PM

Have I not explained my stance now?

Yes, you admit you are against Synereo because you do not understand it.

Because they have only provided hand-waving technobabble and no specification that could be peer reviewed by anyone here.

The rest of your post was a combination of disingenuous drivel and more hype to pump some technobabble. Good luck.
Again you are speaking nonsense. There is ample material for review and comment at http://blog.synereo.com/ and the basic information at http://www.synereo.com/learn-more/, in the weekly hangouts and on the slack.

While I agree completely that more formal up do date publications would be nice, there are some pretty awesome innovations weekly and no paper submitted for publication would be out of date before it came out.  Greg's academic credentials are beyond question and there is more formal definition behind synereo than 99% of the decentralized applications out there.  Greg has done some recent papers http://www.mathpubs.com/author/Lucius+Gregory+Meredith have much more meat than the "hand waving" you characterize. I consider Greg's time better spent on developing Synereo which is why the community is taking on expressing Greg's abstract mathematics in terms you might understand.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:28:08 PM

Because they have only provided hand-waving technobabble and no specification that could be peer reviewed by anyone here.

The rest of your post was a combination of disingenuous drivel and more hype to pump some technobabble. Good luck.

Again you are speaking nonsense. There is ample material for review and comment at http://blog.synereo.com/ and the basic information at http://www.synereo.com/learn-more/, in the weekly hangouts and on the slack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-waving

I tried to extract the details from those various resources and was unable to. It is hand-waving technobabble. You can continue to lie to readers. That is your prerogative.

While I agree completely that more formal up do date publications would be nice, there are some pretty awesome innovations weekly

Formal paper won't help us to vet it. We need a layman's explanation of the math. And pretty awesome technobabble hype is hand-waving.

I consider Greg's time better spent on developing Synereo which is why the community is taking on expressing Greg's abstract mathematics in terms you might understand.

Okay you can delay the inevitable wherein it will be shown to be a flawed technology. That will not help you.

There is a huge gulf between abstract theory and practice. Every homebuilder knows this. Greg will be cut down to size by reality later.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:43:02 PM

Synereo has no technology because both Bitcoin and Ethereum currently do not scale to the capacity Synereo will need. They are waiting for Ethereum 2.0. They are also working with Ethereum to create Ethereum 2.0.

$AMP is super over priced and has always been. Unfortunately there is big money involved in cryptocoins. They make deals in the background and manipulate markets to ensure they establish a free position while others are unable to obtain many coins.

This is the new scene. If you like the idea of Synereo "Social Contracts" combined with Ethereum "Smart Contracts" then you may want to check out the DAO that is starting to take off. They plan to use both technologies (once they are released)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365958.0

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:20:32 AM

While I agree completely that more formal up do date publications would be nice, there are some pretty awesome innovations weekly and no paper submitted for publication would be out of date before it came out.  Greg's academic credentials are beyond question and there is more formal definition behind synereo than 99% of the decentralized applications out there.  Greg has done some recent papers http://www.mathpubs.com/author/Lucius+Gregory+Meredith have much more meat than the "hand waving" you characterize. I consider Greg's time better spent on developing Synereo which is why the community is taking on expressing Greg's abstract mathematics in terms you might understand.

Jim, you might as well not waste your time on this guy.  He likes to make a lot of outlandish claims, but in reality, he knows nothing.  He's full of hot air and not a rational individual.  Anyone with any common sense can tell that he's not stable.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 12:42:53 PM

..my observation that they would need to structure rep different for different #hashtags, which is no where in the whitepaper.

Sure it is.  That is explained across several sections in the white paper.

and more in 2.7 - within pi-calculus.

One thing that might help, is to understand how other terms are used instead of the perhaps more familiar "hashtag".  It is just a content identifier.  You will find this represented by other terms, like "channels", "syntactic entities", or terms specific to pi-calculus like "persisted queues", or even the word "network", as this does not apply to "gods-eye" perspectives here - so these sub-groups are most typically defined by a topic, or keyword.

Content delivery is one of the true innovations of Synereo; it is baked into it deeply.  REO functions with it, and based on it.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
SynereoCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 12:57:48 PM

Synereo has no technology because both Bitcoin and Ethereum currently do not scale to the capacity Synereo will need. They are waiting for Ethereum 2.0. They are also working with Ethereum to create Ethereum 2.0.

Has no technology?  And I suppose the Sun has no Helium?

We not need the scalable blockchain to launch Beta, and introduce several unprecedented features into the market.  So there is no "waiting", only building and creating.

$AMP is super over priced and has always been. Unfortunately there is big money involved in cryptocoins. They make deals in the background and manipulate markets to ensure they establish a free position while others are unable to obtain many coins.

Complete rubbish.  The price of anything is subjective.  If you think something is overpriced, fine.  But please refrain from simply badmouthing other people's work for other reasons.  It's really not cool.

There are no "background deals", or you would not have heard of them.  There is no manipulation whatsoever.  Synereo does not pay attention to short-term speculators, or daily price. 

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
|
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:14:59 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:56:48 AM by TPTB_need_war

One thing that might help, is to understand how other terms are used instead of the perhaps more familiar "hashtag".  It is just a content identifier.  You will find this represented by other terms, like "channels", "syntactic entities", or terms specific to pi-calculus like "persisted queues", or even the word "network", as this does not apply to "gods-eye" perspectives here - so these sub-groups are most typically defined by a topic, or keyword.

So in short, Greg is using a private language for technobabble.

That is sure helpful for peer review.  Roll Eyes

There is no manipulation whatsoever.

An ICO is inherently manipulation.

I need to bow out of this debate now because I have important work to focus on. Don't expect further replies. Good luck.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:44:20 AM

I need to bow out of this debate now. Don't expect further replies. Good luck.

Lol... once your position becomes untenable you abandon the conversation.  Hilarious.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
SynereoCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 01:02:03 PM

Well, if you don't understand something, maybe I can help?  You are the only one saying it's "technobabble" - which just means you don't recognize it.  I understand it just fine.  Content management, including "hastags", is sophisticated, and thorough in Synereo.  Your "hashtags" are not left out, even though that concept does not appear in Twitter-language form.

And yes, you will find the same expressions in peer-reviewed papers, textbooks, etc.

There is no manipulation whatsoever.

An ICO is inherently manipulation.

I need to bow out of this debate now because I have important work to focus on. Don't expect further replies. Good luck.

Again, your opinion is yours - but we're not having a one-on-one conversation here; you are broadcasting.

A link to your opinion does not justify, or excuse your claim.  You think all "ICOs" are manipulation.  No one else does.

Best of luck to your project.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
|
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:56:41 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 05:14:19 AM by TPTB_need_war

You think all "ICOs" are manipulation.

I am confident they are ILLEGAL if publicly marketed to USA investors.

And no those weren't just my opinions. You will always try to distort what I wrote. How about you just state what you think about Synereo and stop trying to tell readers what I said. They can read my posts to see what I wrote.

Greg @ Synereo is avoiding explaining all the specification and technology to us in terms we can understand. No excuses you can make for that which are valid. He is selling AMPs and not giving us information we can verify. That is an illegal prospectus. If Synereo didn't sell AMPs to the public, Greg et al would have no obligation to explain the technology in detail to us in terms we can understand and verify.

Edit: it is rather useless if I go expend my scarce time to become an expert in process calculi so that I could find game theory flaws in Synereo's process calculi approach to their hyped Attention Model feature. Because it would still be an asymmetric information market for the investors, as then they would be required to trust either my conclusions or Greg's (Synereo's). The only solution is for Greg to do proper disclosure by explaining the technology in terms that all AMP investors can understand. They have the time to produce a very exquisite website and consume hours every week on video Hangouts that do hyped handwaving on technical details, then they should also have enough time to explain the technology in sufficient detail that we can analyze without requiring us to become one of the few process calculi researchers on earth.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 11:52:27 PM

Well, if you don't understand something, maybe I can help?  You are the only one saying it's "technobabble" - which just means you don't recognize it.  I understand it just fine.  Content management, including "hastags", is sophisticated, and thorough in Synereo.  Your "hashtags" are not left out, even though that concept does not appear in Twitter-language form.

And yes, you will find the same expressions in peer-reviewed papers, textbooks, etc.

TPTB_need_war will never admit that he really isn't that smart.

SynereoCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:22:11 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 05:44:20 PM by SynereoCommunity

You think all "ICOs" are manipulation.

I am confident they are ILLEGAL if publicly marketed to USA investors.

Maybe that's why it's important to know that the managers of these are not in the US, and in this case, neither is the company.
However, regardless of either of our ideas, if they were truly as "illegal" as you state (out of context), then there would be action being taken, and I don't see that going on.  (not to say that there are not scams, and intentional fraud, etc - a small %, like in every industry)

Also: citation?  If it's illegal, it has a link stating so clearly.  Of course, you've employed circular reasoning by using the term "investment", and begged the question.  Crytpocurrency is neither a currency, nor an investment in the eyes of the law.

Greg @ Synereo is avoiding explaining all the specification and technology to us in terms we can understand. No excuses you can make for that which are valid. He is selling AMPs and not giving us information we can verify. That is an illegal prospectus. If Synereo didn't sell AMPs to the public, Greg et al would have no obligation to explain the technology in detail to us in terms we can understand and verify.

Edit: it is rather useless if I go expend my scarce time to become an expert in process calculi so that I could find game theory flaws in Synereo's process calculi approach to their hyped Attention Model feature. Because it would still be an asymmetric information market for the investors, as then they would be required to trust either my conclusions or Greg's (Synereo's). The only solution is for Greg to do proper disclosure by explaining the technology in terms that all AMP investors can understand. They have the time to produce a very exquisite website and consume hours every week on video Hangouts that do hyped handwaving on technical details, then they should also have enough time to explain the technology in sufficient detail that we can analyze without requiring us to become one of the few process calculi researchers on earth.

Greg never avoids explaining.  In fact, I've never heard him not add an invitation for more explanation if needed, to what he says in hangouts.  There are other class-like videos with more in depth info as well.  Analogies are a great tool to broaden understanding, and taking the workings of something like BitTorrent can give you an idea of how content distribution works on a decentralized basis.

Ask an informed question, and you'll get an informed answer.  Ask a vague question that expresses your lack of mental investment in a subject, and you'll likely be directed to some reading material.  Some amount of personal responsibility needs to be taken.

Investors regularly rely on the opinions of experts, including 2nd or 3rd opinions by independent parties.
Otherwise, we'd have no inventions like smart phones or computers, and we'd never had landed on the moon or mapped DNA, simply because "everyone could not understand it", so no funding.  Innovation and breakthroughs are by nature, beyond the reach of complete understanding by those not intimately familiar with the components already.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
|
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████