Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:04:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending Bitcoins  (Read 101041 times)
Samueltalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:23:11 PM

To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

I want the bitcoin to be acceptable to all countries, it will be easier for everyone to shop the life every day, stay how the bitcoin can get famous ...
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:24:04 PM

its same with me, in my city there are not offline store who accept bitcoin as the payment, so i use my bitcoin to buy some mobile load, pay electricity bill, and withdraw bitcoin into real money(to buy some stuff in offline strore)

edmond_dantes

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:31:42 PM

I am forced to spend some bitcoin sometimes because im usually 100% in btc

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:33:52 PM

I am not spending my bitcoins at a moment in real world as there are no shops in my area that accepts bitcoins so I am spending them only on trading sites as the usage and acceptance of bitcoins is very limited in real world at a moment.
Although you said like that. However you can try to exchange your Bitcoin to flat first and then spend them to buy anything you want in the shop. Merchant allowed Bitcoin as the payment isn't going to be easy task because it depend of how popular Bitcoin in your city

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
kidsuzudn

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:56:22 AM

In my country, nothing can buy by Bitcoin even something small cause they're not accepted yet, so that's why there is a website that exchange bitcoin into fiat to spend it for some needs daily. So i think bitcoin payment method isn't necessary because they can easily exchange it into fiat in a few minutes to spend.
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:08:11 AM

I am not spending my bitcoins at a moment in real world as there are no shops in my area that accepts bitcoins so I am spending them only on trading sites as the usage and acceptance of bitcoins is very limited in real world at a moment.
Although you said like that. However you can try to exchange your Bitcoin to flat first and then spend them to buy anything you want in the shop. Merchant allowed Bitcoin as the payment isn't going to be easy task because it depend of how popular Bitcoin in your city

That's correct and if awareness level of people is not too high then we cannot expect we will be in a position to spend our bitcoins anywhere to buy anything as it will take really long time for bitcoin to get accepted at physical places so the best choice would be to sell it and convert it to your local currency.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
Clover_Faith

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:02:39 AM

Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

actually bitcoin cant use here in our country because here dont already recognize bitcoin in the market. So we better convert it before to spend it.

▬▬ ● ● Papusha ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰     PAPUSHA ROCKET TECHNOLOGY ICO COOMING SOON   ▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▲▼ WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ MEDIUM  ▲▼
Nenni

Activity: 371
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:02:50 AM

if as long as it can still be stored, I will still save for future investment, unless there is a need to be met, forced to be sold
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:53:47 AM

In my country, nothing can buy by Bitcoin even something small cause they're not accepted yet, so that's why there is a website that exchange bitcoin into fiat to spend it for some needs daily. So i think bitcoin payment method isn't necessary because they can easily exchange it into fiat in a few minutes to spend.
Still you are lucky than many people who are even unable to avail these services. Sooner or later bitcoins are going to be made legal and then all local retailers will be accepting bitcoins. I don’t think so there is need of getting worried. Just stay patient and be faithful to bitcoins.
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:13:28 AM

if as long as it can still be stored, I will still save for future investment, unless there is a need to be met, forced to be sold
The op’s post, I don’t see anything making sense in it. Lots of people spend Bitcoin everyday, so it doesn’t make sense to say people should start making use of and spending Bitcoin. You don’t force people to join bitcoin, they will do it by their own choice.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:20:59 AM

The op’s post, I don’t see anything making sense in it. Lots of people spend Bitcoin everyday, so it doesn’t make sense to say people should start making use of and spending Bitcoin. You don’t force people to join bitcoin, they will do it by their own choice.
Exactly, but when we invite people that is the action that we are helping them to experience bitcoin and to invest.
They have their own preference and as long as they fully understand bitcoin that is when they will decide on what actions to take further, if they will not believe on bitcoin that it's a good investment then it's not our problem because it's not our loss anyway.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:55:46 AM

its same with me, in my city there are not offline store who accept bitcoin as the payment, so i use my bitcoin to buy some mobile load, pay electricity bill, and withdraw bitcoin into real money(to buy some stuff in offline strore)
in fact in most of the places still the online shops are not available, because in most of the places still people do not have education about bitcoin, and specially in backward countries where most of the people do not well educated and therefore they do not have education about internet and computer, therefore they are not getting benefit from bitcoin. but i think with the passage of time people are now becoming more educated and therefore they now start using computer and internet and therefore bitcoin is now becoming more popular and its use is also increasing from time to time, hopefully very soon bitcoin use will be available in all over the world and in all offline shops also.
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:00:47 AM

Actually, when I have received bitcoins in my job, I convert them in my local currency and spend it in my daily expenses. But of course I will first give some for my parents to help them in our daily expenses also. Having bitcoins is really helpful for me because I tend to spemd them on my needs and sooner, wants and no longer ask for my parents money for something.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:50:26 AM

For me spending Bitcoin is a terrible idea since Bitcoin historically increase its price one hundred percent yearly. Unless Bitcoin does not reach it full price I will not spend even 1 satoshi for my expenses. I understand that some people need extra cash for daily expenses but as much as possible save your Bitcoin as much as possible because this type of investment can be higher than gold.  Grin
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:14:18 AM

For me spending Bitcoin is a terrible idea since Bitcoin historically increase its price one hundred percent yearly. Unless Bitcoin does not reach it full price I will not spend even 1 satoshi for my expenses. I understand that some people need extra cash for daily expenses but as much as possible save your Bitcoin as much as possible because this type of investment can be higher than gold.  Grin
Bitcoin is already higher than gold and it's already a huge difference between the price of gold and bitcoin. I don't think that spending bitcoin is a terrible idea because it is natural to see that there are people who are spending some of their bitcoin and even it is normal if we are going to spend it because bitcoin is a source of income and you need to cut some of your profit to enjoy your hard earned money with bitcoin.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:21:06 AM

You do not understand that by such actions you do turn bitcoin into a huge bubble. You can spend a lifetime collecting coins and in old age to know that they do not give half of what you planned. Any currency must have a turnover. If people will use crypto currency in everyday life cannot be banned. Think about it.
Intristing

Activity: 227

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:14:12 PM

You do not understand that by such actions you do turn bitcoin into a huge bubble. You can spend a lifetime collecting coins and in old age to know that they do not give half of what you planned. Any currency must have a turnover. If people will use crypto currency in everyday life cannot be banned. Think about it.

I agree with that. The Bitcoin's value comes from its usage. That is why I use bitcoin to buy things.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

Here in my country there is not that much people and company that really know's about the crypto currency or bitcoin. But then my friend told me that in dubai there is a restaurant that accepting bitcoin as the payment for the food they serve, I think that the concept of paying bitcoin to buy goods will really trend if that will be implemented.
PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:33:31 PM

I think we must reduce our bitcoin spended as we can !
Because bitcoin value is multiplying day after day and every spend is a lost of Money.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:52:44 PM

well, it depends on how you define "spend". if spend means make an outgoing transaction, then not spending has a huge opportunity cost. the entire world isnt bitcoin quite yet, its actually a very small pool of "users".

what if you converted your bitcoin into eth, and purchased into a promising ico that goes 2x? same with direct btc conversion to an altcoin that goes up in value. or even pulling all that newfound value of of cryptos and investing in a growth asset (im not referring to traditional financial assets, they dont experience that much percent growth typically). there are things other than bitcoin that make money, with a lot less risk. the reason why the profits are so grand here, is that this is about as risky as gambling. if you have been burned before, you will recognize this fact Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: