Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 02:44:45 AM

The Dash project is far more than just Evan Duffield. There are a multitude of developers, all working with their strengths, to provide infrastructure for Dash. The problem is the base technology is there, but Dash has a huge network effect to overcome. Evolution, being led by Andy Freer, will provide the tool needed for Dash to chip away at Bitcoin's marketcap through ease of use.

Other pertinent developers:

MooCowMoo: Dashvend (used in the www.dashndrink.com InstantX Soda Machine) which is our software to help retailers accept Dash InstantX payments in a retail environment

UdjinM6: Core Developer who has fixed a number of issues

Flare: He has provided invaluable organizational aspects to Dash, and helps to improve the protocol too.

FullTimeGeek: Working on DashPay Android Wallets

QuantumExplorer: Working on DashPay iOS Wallets

and many more.

So, as anyone can see Dash Nation is blessed with a great team working together in tandem to bring Satoshi's true digital cash to the masses.

Through Dash's decentralized governance system (which Evan gave up a lot of power by creating by the way) we are moving forward with initiatives in development, marketing, fiat onboarding, and discovery at the same time.

Anyone who wants to see Dash's governance and voting in action can visit this link: https://dashwhale.org.

It will be a struggle, to be sure, but it's one that we are more than ready to tackle.

I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to explain that to the thread readers, iCEBREAKER. You and I are going to make a great team!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 02:59:04 AM

The Dash project is far more than just Evan Duffield. There are a multitude of developers, all working with their strengths, to provide infrastructure for Dash. The problem is the base technology is there, but Dash has a huge network effect to overcome. Evolution, being led by Andy Freer, will provide the tool needed for Dash to chip away at Bitcoin's marketcap through ease of use.

Other pertinent developers:

MooCowMoo: Dashvend (used in the www.dashndrink.com InstantX Soda Machine) which is our software to help retailers accept Dash InstantX payments in a retail environment

UdjinM6: Core Developer who has fixed a number of issues

Flare: He has provided invaluable organizational aspects to Dash, and helps to improve the protocol too.

FullTimeGeek: Working on DashPay Android Wallets

QuantumExplorer: Working on DashPay iOS Wallets

and many more.

So, as anyone can see Dash Nation is blessed with a great team working together in tandem to bring Satoshi's true digital cash to the masses.

Through Dash's decentralized governance system (which Evan gave up a lot of power by creating by the way) we are moving forward with initiatives in development, marketing, fiat onboarding, and discovery at the same time.

It will be a struggle, to be sure, but it's one that we are more than ready to tackle.

I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to explain that to the thread readers, iCEBREAKER. You and I are going to make a great team!

5 people is not a "multitude of developers."  Paycoin and GAW had more than 5 devs.

A soda machine isn't going to fix Dash's instamine-centralized top-heavy distribution and bad crypto (even if you pay a sex worker to stand in front of it).

But congrats on finally realizing raging and attacking Dash's critics won't win any new converts for the Evan's Gate cargo cult.

It only took you two years to get a clue and start up the rah-rah-rah happy talk tactics!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
j0shua

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:21:23 AM

5 people is not a "multitude of developers."  Paycoin and GAW had more than 5 devs.
A soda machine isn't going to fix Dash's instamine-centralized top-heavy distribution and bad crypto (even if you pay a sex worker to stand in front of it).
But congrats on finally realizing raging and attacking Dash's critics won't win any new converts for the Evan's Gate cargo cult.
It only took you two years to get a clue and start up the rah-rah-rah happy talk tactics!   Cheesy

Why take such a hostile tone? Why exaggerate the past, and insult Dash supporters? Are you trying to change mimds, or just here to stir up a fight?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 03:40:18 AM

Why take such a hostile tone? Why exaggerate the past, and insult Dash supporters? Are you trying to change mimds, or just here to stir up a fight?

I don't change minds; the facts about Dash's fully intentional "accidental" instamine change minds.

Go ahead and distract everyone with your tone police act.  Keep trying to divert attention away from the instamine by playing the victim.

That hasn't worked in the last two years, and isn't going to start working now.

Tone Vays is only the beginning.  His thought leadership will diffuse out to the rest of the crypto ecosystem, and Dash will go the way of Paycoin.

Duffield is no Satoshi.  He's really more of a Josh Garza.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:13:38 AM

Same old iCEBREAKER trying to "control" the narrative about Dash through spin, innuendo and ad hominem attacks.

You are still doing us a service by bumping this pro-Dash thread front and centre in the Altcoin discussion board.

All great things started small. You have to start somewhere as an organization. The exciting thing about Dash is that the technology exists to bring a true decentralized digital money to the public, outside of government control.

This is what Satoshi envisioned when he created Bitcoin. Unfortunately, it's fallen victim to centralization of funding sources and influence. The tug-of-war over development is just starting for it. The ability to make important decisions that improve the coin is key, and Dash has it with the DGBB (Decentralized Governance by Blockchain), and with unbiased funding sources.

We are a young small coin with great technology that's been misunderstood because of lies and deception. We are growing though, and more people see the Dash difference each day. I have many positive conversations on Twitter, and I slowly see the perception changing.

Join Dash Nation and help us create the Internet of Money! Join a culture of positivity amid all of this negativity that consumes this space.

Dash Lead Developer Evan Duffield Discusses Evolution With The Daily Decrypt:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/everything-evolution-3rd-tier-possibilities-w-dashs-evan-duffield-1686893114.html

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:21:54 AM

Same old iCEBREAKER trying to "control" the narrative about Dash through spin, innuendo and ad hominem attacks.

You are still doing us a service by bumping this pro-Dash thread front and centre in the Altcoin discussion board.

All great things started small. You have to start somewhere as an organization. The exciting thing about Dash is that the technology exists to bring a true decentralized digital money to the public, outside of government control.

This is what Satoshi envisioned when he created Bitcoin. Unfortunately, it's fallen victim to centralization of funding sources and influence. The tug-of-war over development is just starting for it. The ability to make key decisions that improve the coin is key, and Dash has it with the DGBB (Decentralized Governance by Blockchain), with unbiased funding sources.

We are a young small coin with great technology that's been misunderstood because of lies and deception. We are growing though, and more people see the Dash difference each day. I have many positive conversations on Twitter, and I slowly see the perception changing.

Join Dash Nation and help us create the Internet of Money! Join a culture of positivity amid all of this negativity that consumes this space.

There you go invoking Satoshi again. Satoshi envisioned a decentralized currency built on solid cryptography--dash is neither of these things. It's an instamined fraud built on the fault line that is X11 and the second rate anonymity method darksend. It created centralization through an instamine and exasperated it by creating pay-nodes that centralize power further. It's poor design, built on the back of a poor launch.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:26:01 AM

This is what Satoshi envisioned when he created Bitcoin. Unfortunately, it's fallen victim to centralization of funding sources and influence. The tug-of-war over development is just starting for it. The ability to make key decisions that improve the coin is key, and Dash has it with the DGBB (Decentralized Governance by Blockchain), with unbiased funding sources.

There you go invoking Satoshi again. Satoshi envisioned a decentralized currency built on solid cryptography--dash is neither of these things. It's an instamined fraud built on the fault line that is X11 and the second rate anonymity method darksend. It created centralization through an instamine and exasperated it by creating pay-nodes that centralize power further. It's poor design, built on the back of a poor launch.
It is? And to what do we owe that pearl of wisdom? You're better than this, bring facts to the conversation, I am.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:32:55 AM

It is? And to what do we owe that pearl of wisdom? You're better than this, bring facts to the conversation, I am.

X11 is insecure because if one of the chains is exploited then the whole thing is garbage as the attack can go on so long that you simply can't remove the broken chain and roll back to a pre-broken state.

Darksend is second rate because it doesn't use the end-to-end principle to achieve anonymity.

Pay-nodes further centralization when a premine or instamine has occurred and there is no way to verify redistribution of the already centralized distribution--this applies to dash because of the instamine that constitutes 30% of current emissions mined in the first two days of launch.

Need me to explain any more facts?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:06:27 AM

I agree it started as one...
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:24:12 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 07:05:44 AM by smooth

Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Someone youthfully exuberant would not have been able to hold back on telling the world about the development and feature plans he was so excited about and instead wait until after the instamine was entirely completed. In fact he did exactly that which shows it was likely purposeful and calculated, not accidents and mistakes.

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching XCoin/Darkcoin/Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:10:16 AM

Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Someone youthfully exuberant would not have been able to hold back on telling the world about the development and feature plans he was so excited about and instead wait until after the instamine was entirely completed. In fact he did exactly that which shows it was likely purposeful and calculated, not accidents and mistakes.

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.

Thanks for that contribution. Still no facts that link Evan to any bad intent. Keep to the facts. All I see is an opinion, which I can respect, but opinions are not what this thread is about.

You and your band of school-boy bullies have spread the false narrative about Dash for far too long. No evidence, just unsubstantiated claims that Evan is a scammer, Dash is "bad crypto", Dash is centralized, etc...

This stops now. This thread is not going away, I intend to document all of Dash's accomplishments and present them here. That is what this thread is about. Progress. Optimism. Decentralized technology.

I love how you all are ganging up on me here, though. You really shouldn't waste your time with little old me if Dash was not a threat, no?

#DashNation #IoM

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:15:04 AM

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching XCoin/Darkcoin/Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.

Also Evan claims to hail from the financial realm, so I think he may know something about using bots to trade the market. I contemplate he may have been formulating the perfect plan for fooling the market with a bot that buys from itself.

P.S. note I corrected the thread title.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:17:09 AM

X11 is insecure because if one of the chains is exploited then the whole thing is garbage as the attack can go on so long that you simply can't remove the broken chain and roll back to a pre-broken state.

Darksend is second rate because it doesn't use the end-to-end principle to achieve anonymity.

Pay-nodes further centralization when a premine or instamine has occurred and there is no way to verify redistribution of the already centralized distribution--this applies to dash because of the instamine that constitutes 30% of current emissions mined in the first two days of launch.

Has x-11 been broken? Break it, and then we'll talk. Can you track an 8 round Darksend transaction? Track it, and then we'll talk. Can you prove that masternodes (which are incentivized full nodes that anyone can run) are centralized? Prove it, and then we'll talk.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:17:58 AM

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.

Thanks for that contribution. Still no facts that link Evan to any bad intent. Keep to the facts. All I see is an opinion, which I can respect, but opinions are not what this thread is about.

Facts:

1. Evan had at least two years of experience with crypto before launching Dash. There was no "lack of experience" as you claim. (Your statement about what "caused mistakes to be made" was opinion, by the way. I'm glad we have agreed to exclude opinion from this thread.)

2. Evan stated months ahead of the launch that he was working on a "for-profit" coin launch.

3. Evan deliberately withheld the development and feature plans until after the end of the instqamine.

4. Evan misled people about the launch schedule, launching much earlier than promised. During the first hour, over 500000 coins were mined, and in 8 hours, over a million coins.

5. Evan later cut the mining rewards and coin supply, increasing the effective size of the instamine by a factor of four or more.

6. In total, the instamine of 2 million coins represents over 30% of the current supply of Dash.

These are all objective, documented facts. No opinion. People can draw their own conclusions as to whether this was an elaborate fraud or a legitimate coin project.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:20:40 AM

Also Evan claims to hail from the financial realm, so I think he may know something about using bots to trade the market. I contemplate he may have been formulating the perfect plan for fooling the market with a bot that buys from itself.

P.S. note I corrected the thread title.
Another school-boy bully shows up! Caw! I sure am popular. What is that now, 5 against 1? Thanks for hanging out with me, boys. Brought any evidence of your claims you've been running with for two years with you? At least you TPTB_need_war are creative, and made me laugh.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:22:28 AM

Facts:

1. Evan had at least two years of experience with crypto before launching Dash. There was no "lack of experience" as you claim. (Your statement about what "caused mistakes to be made" was opinion, by the way. I'm glad we have agreed to exclude opinion from this thread.)

2. Evan stated months ahead of the launch that he was working on a "for-profit" coin launch.

3. Evan deliberately withheld the development and feature plans until after the end of the instqamine.

4. Evan misled people about the launch schedule, launching much earlier than promised. During the first hour, over 500000 coins were mined, and in 8 hours, over a million coins.

5. Evan later cut the mining rewards and coin supply, increasing the effective size of the instamine by a factor of four or more.

6. In total, the instamine of 2 million coins represents over 30% of the current supply of Dash.

These are all objective, documented facts. No opinion. People can draw their own conclusions as to whether this was an elaborate fraud or a legitimate coin project.

Any evidence to link Evan to bad intent? I still see none. I see some facts, the rest is spin to suit your interests. What else you got?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:30:27 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 08:06:27 AM by generalizethis

Has x-11 been broken? Break it, and then we'll talk. Can you track an 8 round Darksend transaction? Track it, and then we'll talk. Can you prove that masternodes (which are incentivized full nodes that anyone can run) are centralized? Prove it, and then we'll talk.

You do know that once it happens and one can prove it, that that's that--the end. Some of us research the tech before we mistakenly plop down our hard earned money on badly built systems. Though I'm guessing that most of the dashers don't have the theoretical capabilities to realize the boat with the hole in it, is going to sink.  

The onus is on the cryptosystem builder to show that his or her system is built on solid mathematical and cryptographic principles. There's a reason that the best minds in the room make fun of dash and it isn't because they're jealous or feel threatened--as much as dashtards would like to make that narrative the staple diet they feed to greater fools.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:34:13 AM

Facts:

Any evidence to link Evan to bad intent? I still see none. I see some facts, the rest is spin to suit your interests. What else you got?

Let's just let the facts speak for themselves, and leave out opinion, including yours as what you think about Evan's bad intent.

We can add:

7. "Official Communication" from Dash blaming the instamine on inherited Litecoin code (which is factually false).

8. Dash ANN OP claiming the coin was "fairly and transparently launched".

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:03:25 AM

I don't think there's any point in arguing about the instamine.

Some people have a problem with it and some don't.

Simple as that.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 09:04:43 AM

I don't think there's any point in arguing about the instamine.

Some people have a problem with it and some don't.

Simple as that.

Hey! Welcome to the thread, tok!

#DashNation #IoM

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: