Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:15:59 PM

Lol, cheers Tao Smiley Useful links, I might have to put the cryptonote one back in there sometime too. I used to put really good quotes from other forum members in it, should be able to go back to that before too long Smiley

Services on the second tier seem to be getting strong interest. The DAPI is allowing all kinds of things that where impossible for a distributed system not long ago, traditionally centralised services running on a distributed platform.

Can you give some examples of what you think the DAPI will be used for? I'm sure there all kinds of uses that I can't even think of as this is brand new technology.

Nothing mentioned in it but a lot of the stuff from Evans post on prioritization of fiat gateways should be able to plug into the DAPI and then access to those services would be possible too all users on the network.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/prioritization-of-fiat-gateways.8457/

He'd mentioned something along the lines of the features in the next version of the governance system being available to users too, for decision making and managing funds in other projects or organisations,. That's more part of the network than a third party service but it should be possible to have that kind of interaction between users and services.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:19:30 PM

I do not see SegWit and the lighting network as solutions to scaling at all...In Bitcoin there is a fundamental ideological divide between on chain scaling and off chain scaling. I favor on chain scaling

I thought Justus Ranvier put it really well...every feature that bitcoin could adopt is good but you have to ask the question "good for whom" ?

I've seen very few people in this whole debate lay out such an informing and unbiased account of all the various priorities. In fact, I'm gonna have to watch that again.

Here's the thing that I've been trying to raise more discussion about, both here and in other places: There are 2 aspects to this:

[1] - scaling the blockchain
[2] - scaling the money supply

These need to be treated distinctly and I think thats what confuses people.

As far as [1]-scaling the blockchain goes, there's no amount of native scaling you can do that can ever meet the capacity or functionality requirements of a mature economy that uses your currency as a denomination. For example, just take the cryptocurrency exchanges of today. All trades are instant, regardless of the performance of the respective blockchains of the currencies being traded.

Another example is retail.

Retail is always gonna use "off-chain" transaction handling simply because it's an application in its own right. e.g. a Supermarket has a great big SQL server in a back room (or data centre) connected to the cash tills at one end and the Visa network at the other that's capable of all kinds of stuff that a blockchain just is not equipped for. Things like instant reversals cos your cornflakes got rung through on the other customer's bill, discounts, store card stuff and wotnot.

To me, Blockchain scaling and performance is more about consolidating the monetary properties of an electronic asset, not supporting POS networks.

Next we have [2] - scaling the money supply.

This is more about creating 2nd and 3rd monetary tiers (in the fiat world these are the credit tiers which basically form 80% of the money supply, in other words, the main part of it). These tiers are the "promissory notes" that Justus Ranvier was talking about.

Clearly, higher order monetary tiers are instant by their nature (because we're just talking about moving numbers around, not blockchain transactions). Any level of adoption will naturally result in the growth of these additional tiers - thats just how all economies work - so scaling kind of takes care of itself in that respect.

Thats why I think the point at which you scale the native blockchain to is largely arbitrary. The thing that's important however IMO is that its universally accessible (in the way that - even though I've got all my money in a bank account, I can always get it in paper notes to hold in my hand if I want). Thats the minimum level of scaling that a blockchain needs IMO. (i.e. that you can access it directly with a wallet client as you can today, without dependency on a 3rd party).

Blockchains don't have to handle (and probably will never be asked to handle) realtime commercial trades to any industrial extent, any more than the bank clearing network does today.

snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:53:51 PM

Services on the second tier seem to be getting strong interest. The DAPI is allowing all kinds of things that where impossible for a distributed system not long ago, traditionally centralised services running on a distributed platform.

Can you give some examples of what you think the DAPI will be used for? I'm sure there all kinds of uses that I can't even think of as this is brand new technology.

Payment processors are probably the most prime candidate for this type of functionality. Easily accessible payment verification will be a huge advantage for Dash in terms of ecommerce growth. I've come to think of Dash as being the "WWW" to Bitcoin's "TCP", take that as you will ;-)

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
stan.distortion

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:31:26 PM

Payment processors are probably the most prime candidate for this type of functionality. Easily accessible payment verification will be a huge advantage for Dash in terms of ecommerce growth. I've come to think of Dash as being the "WWW" to Bitcoin's "TCP", take that as you will ;-)

Cheers Smiley Any chance of expanding on that a bit? I should have been following how things are going but lost track.

No joke, Dash has passed the point of too much happening to keep track, every month there's a new wave of budget proposals adding to that and some of those projects are hiring:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/python-and-javascript-developers-wanted-27k-in-bounties.8654/

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 09:51:26 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:44:16 AM by mprep

Thanks again to all who are reading this thread and allowing positivity and facts to prevail over spin and innuendo. It's plain to see that Dash is a serious project, a champion of decentralization, the leading candidate to be the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

I ask you to join us in Dash Nation.

Cheers,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:01:53 PM

To spatula, I think that with the DAPI, Dash can be a direct competitor to Paypal (easy of use, with login/password you can send money here and there), with less (or no)  fee.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:26:01 PM

To spatula, I think that with the DAPI, Dash can be a direct competitor to Paypal (easy of use, with login/password you can send money here and there), with less (or no)  fee.

It sure can.

Not least because of the ability to support a non-denominated transport medium for value that competes with the Lightning Network by virtue of a far higher performance settlement layer *.

* a settlement layer with authentic monetary properties that match the best of those of the last 5 millenia
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 11:51:02 PM

If one were disillusioned with Bitcoin, why wouldn't they just put their money into Ethereum?

Coingun provides us with the answer:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/why-should-bitcoin-1689564320.html

#DashNation #IoM

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 08:12:10 AM

Sorry to keep coming back to it, but that proof of labour proposal showed the way forward.

People better go back and read it again until they get it into their heads that crypto is real money - not currency - and we're not going to get adoption from people buying sh*t with it. We're going to get adoption from a much more fundamental source - capitalisation of micro economies.

Those two guys understood that. We should too.

OK you convinced me, I'll try to go read it again. Honestly, I didn't make it very far last time as it just could not keep my interest. I ended up just not voting either way on that proposal.

Do you have a concise, cliff notes type version that I could read before hand that would help me understand what its all about?

The paper is a little clunky with language, but not too bad.  My problem was wrapping my head around the concepts because despite being here, my eyes cross when talking about complex financial systems, though I'm slowly learning. Anyway, the discussion thread is helpful too. Cheesy

Tao, you are The Undeterrable TaoOfSatochi  And I don't know about anyone else, but I'm amazed and exhausted from watching your consistent energy in promoting Dash, you're amazing!

Sorry I disappeared.  Stupid me, I stepped off a step the wrong way, and fell, totally messing up my knees (which are already messed up) and busting my ankle last Sunday.  Been in pain, and not up to coming here to talk, but I feel so much better today, and can face the world again, LOL.   So hello again all!  Cheesy
I don't really understand the proof of labour proposal either. Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope your knee feels better. Mine are kind of banged up, too, from sports injuries.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:00:53 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 09:43:50 AM by toknormal

I don't really understand the proof of labour proposal either.

If you've ever traded on an exchange then you understand it.

Where do you think the liquidity comes from to trade when you're on an exchange ? Not from the blockchain.

The exchange creates it for you as a credit to your account. Think of the exchange therefore as a small decentralised economy that could not function without the "flow money" that the broker creates.

But exchanges only deal in already existing value. What happens when new value is created ? How does that get monetised ? Where do you get the liquidity for an economy to function on an ongoing basis as wealth is being created ?

One way is to simply chalk up the number of "work days" you've done this week on a tree. Those chalk marks then become potential monetary units which can be traded for goods and services because they denominate your own "value delivery" into the economy. (The chalk marks therefore represent the 'flow money' in your micro economy).

In the real economy, you get paid a salary - not with money that existed a year ago, but with flow money that is constantly being created and who's liquidity is underwritten by the ongoing societal work in progress. But it needs to have a capital base - thats where your base money comes in. The blockchain tokens.

Suffice to say, if one hasn't got a "flow economy" to underwrite with one's shiny new tokens, one ain't got zip in terms of adoption cos thats all base money is good for. Simple "paying for stuff" on the other hand, can be done with numbers in any denomination regardless of blockchain performance or characteristics.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 10:12:26 AM

I don't really understand the proof of labour proposal either.

If you've ever traded on an exchange then you understand it.

Where do you think the liquidity comes from to trade when you're on an exchange ? Not from the blockchain.

The exchange creates it for you as a credit to your account. Think of the exchange therefore as a small decentralised economy that could not function without the "flow money" that the broker creates.

But exchanges only deal in already existing value. What happens when new value is created ? How does that get monetised ? Where do you get the liquidity for an economy to function on an ongoing basis as wealth is being created ?

One way is to simply chalk up the number of "work days" you've done this week on a tree. Those chalk marks then become potential monetary units which can be traded for goods and services because they denominate your own "value delivery" into the economy. (The chalk marks therefore represent the 'flow money' in your micro economy).

In the real economy, you get paid a salary - not with money that existed a year ago, but with flow money that is constantly being created and who's liquidity is underwritten by the ongoing societal work in progress. But it needs to have a capital base - thats where your base money comes in. The blockchain tokens.

Suffice to say, if one hasn't got a "flow economy" to underwrite with one's shiny new tokens, one ain't got zip in terms of adoption cos thats all base money is good for. Simple "paying for stuff" on the other hand, can be done with numbers in any denomination regardless of blockchain performance or characteristics.

Oh wow, that's something else! I think I get it now. That's way on another level. Those guys definitely should try again to get their project funded!

The competition for DGBB funds will only get more intense...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:02:24 PM

As I see it, you have two choices:

1. Stay here, continue to act like schoolchildren. Let me deal with you accordingly, and watch the price of your investment plummet.

2. Leave, and allow Dash to continue defining ourselves, as you have had the pleasure of doing for two years.

Either way, you will not control the narrative about Dash.

Dash has already defined itself.  Here's the definition:

The facts speak for themselves.  You are the only one obsessed with spinning those facts to "control the narrative."

Dash's "Instamined Scam Coin" narrative is already set in stone.  Tone Vays just realized what Debora Meeks over a year ago:

Tok said cryptography 'wasn't a significant part' of cryptocurrencies.  He didn't say they don't require them, so what was your point?

Can you (or Tok) point to a part of a cryptocurrency which isn't cryptography?

Cryptography has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency - even though it may share the first few letters. It works on a system of digital signatures.
It would seem that you actually do not understand what cryptography is in the modern sense.

A fundamental nature of information is that it wants to be freely copied everywhere to everyone. That any bit is equal and indistinguishable from any other bit of the same value and that any bit is eventually known to all who care.  Cryptography is all that technology by which we hope to confine and constrain the nature of information, to put up fences and direct it to our exclusive purposes, against all attacks and in defiance of the seemingly (and perhaps actually) impossible.  Digital signatures are cryptography by any modern definition and utilize the same tools and techniques (for example, a DSA signature is a linear equation encrypted with an additively homorphic encryption), and suffer from most of the same challenges as the message encryption systems to which you seem to be incorrectly defining cryptography as equivalent.  Moreover, the use of digital signatures isn't the only (or even most relevant) aspect of cryptography in cryptocurrencies-- e.g. the prevention of double spending of otherwise perfectly copyable and indistinguishable information in a decentralized system is a cryptographic problem which we address using cryptographic tools, and-- like all other practical cryptography-- achieve far less than perfect confidence in our solution. As are more modest ends like interacting with strangers but not being subject to resource exhaustion from them.

Far more so than other sub-fields of engineering, cryptographic systems are doing something which is fundamentally at odds with nature and share an incredible fragility and subtly as a result (and perhaps all are failures, we have no proof otherwise).

A failure to understand and respect these considerations has resulted in a lot of harmful garbage and dysfunctional software.

I had been quietly amassing a little pile of Dash, but these two responses have crystalized the debate for me. BlockaFett got asked a question by a highly respected Bitcoin researcher and he is too afraid to answer, choosing instead to deflect and try point out Monero's failings (especially when the continuous shout of 'gui' is crap, I can see several options on the Monero website). toknormal got smacked down by a Bitcoin core developer for saying things I can only describe as childish rubbish.

I don't know if I'll ever buy Monero but I do know that Dash is perfectly described by gmaxwell in the post above: a lot of harmful garbage and dysfunctional software.
My Dash is going to be sold over the next few days. I refuse to a cryptocurrency where the fanboys imagine that cryptography is uneccessary. What a stupid thing to say.

I suggest the Dash boys go read a book on crypto before they come back to this thread. They're embarassing themselves and they're embarrasing Evan Duffield. There's a very, very small chance Evan can come into this thread and respond to andytoshi and gmaxwell and redeem Dash from the mess these idiots have made...but I'm not holding my breath.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stan.distortion

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:15:44 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 02:28:04 PM by stan.distortion

Nice to see you're input icey, even if you're living in the past and hung up on the old idea of crypto being entirely on the blockchain, it's all about what you can do with it these days and Dash is way ahead of these old ideas of the chain being the only layer. Tiers, the blockchain at the bottom providing a rock solid foundation with the tiers above secured by it and providing advanced features. Maybe you'll get it one day icey, probably around the same time the vaporware mining hardware you where selling is delivered Wink

EDIT: For anyone interested, check icebreakers role in hashfast mining hardware, the agenda behind his posts will be pretty clear after seeing how he treats his customers. While there the role he's played in disrupting progress on the Bitcoin blocksize issue should become fairly obvious too, get familiar with him and his cronies and you'll find they're just about the best contrarian indicator on this forum.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:29:36 PM

It's plain to see that Dash is a serious project, a champion of decentralization, the leading candidate to be the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

The delusion is strong here. The cult lord is charismatic indeed
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:41:58 PM

I don't like iCEBREAKER because he said mean things about my Dash instamine scam.   Cry

My biography has nothing to do with Dash's history of "accidental" instamining, bad crypto, and HYIP snake oil marketing.

Tone Vays is onto your scam now.

Debora Meeks has been onto your scam since over a year ago.

The Dash-Is-A-Scam narrative is set in stone.  You'd have an easier time reorganizing the last 10,000 Bitcoin blocks than changing it.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:56:52 PM

It's plain to see that Dash is a serious project, a champion of decentralization, the leading candidate to be the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

The delusion is strong here. The cult lord is charismatic indeed

No it's right, you just have to be able to read between the lines.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:58:47 PM

Nice to see you're input icey, even if you're living in the past and hung up on the old idea of crypto being entirely on the blockchain, it's all about what you can do with it these days and Dash is way ahead of these old ideas of the chain being the only layer. Tiers, the blockchain at the bottom providing a rock solid foundation with the tiers above secured by it and providing advanced features. Maybe you'll get it one day icey, probably around the same time the vaporware mining hardware you where selling is delivered Wink

EDIT: For anyone interested, check icebreakers role in hashfast mining hardware, the agenda behind his posts will be pretty clear after seeing how he treats his customers. While there the role he's played in disrupting progress on the Bitcoin blocksize issue should become fairly obvious too, get familiar with him and his cronies and you'll find they're just about the best contrarian indicator on this forum.

My biography has nothing to do with Dash's history of "accidental" instamining, bad crypto, and HYIP snake oil marketing.

Tone Vays is onto your scam now.

Debora Meeks has been onto your scam since over a year ago.

The Dash-Is-A-Scam narrative is set in stone.  You'd have an easier time reorganizing the last 10,000 Bitcoin blocks than changing it.   Smiley

No but your history is very relevant to your views and considering you've been spamming Dash threads crying "scam" for a few years now it's worth noting that you've been called a scammer in the past and you've done way more to earn the tittle than anyone you're attacking here. Scams means victims and you've been asked time and time again to point out Dashes supposed victims, all you've come up with is dodges and evasion.

Face it icey, Dash is way ahead and all you've got to offer is FUD, anyone doing the research is blown away by Dashes advances and all you have to offer is your same few lines spammed over and over at anything innovative, you're cancer to all crypto icey and you know it.

How about a challenge? You obviously aren't capable of breaking any of Dashes features you claim are broken so we'll make it a bit simpler. Dash has a fine track record of overdelivering so let's see how many of the things in these posts by Evan get delivered on:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/prioritization-of-fiat-gateways.8457/

Fiat access ramps development will be prioritized by the core team over PR and advertising during the next few months, starting in March. With certain small exceptions like Dash Chinese promotion in tandem with 8BTC.

For the next few months we will be focusing in partnerships, integrations and open source tools development that will facilitate better access to DASH and more options for user services to clear transactions on. Starting in March “public-awareness” budget funds are dedicated to this purpose as this is higher priority than advertising for the core team at the moment. Also, a series of back end open source tools will be made available for anyone looking to offer Dash services.

Budget prioritization, 12.1 and budget reset

The new 12.1 release will introduce new contracts functionality to DGBB. This version should be on testnet within the next month. When it is released into the mainnet all existing budgets will be cleared as part of the updating process and will need to be voted back in, on the new version.

At that point in time both the core-team and public-awareness budget proposals will be over and the core team will request new funding under a different model. We are currently working on it and more information will be released before 12.1 goes to the mainnet.

This is important to answer the question of why we are redirecting the public-awareness funds to build fiat access ramps instead voting down current proposals. The answer is, we will clear current core team proposals and will do it as part of the 12.1 release. This should give us enough time to finish preparing our new budget plan. In the meantime, the core project needs continuity so we kindly ask you to bear with us under the current model for 3 or 4 more months depending on testing results.

What are we working on?

Open Source - FIAT ACCESS RAMPS

The core team sees a need to strengthen direct FIAT access ramps to Dash in order to move into our next growth phase. We need to nurture the development of a rich ecosystem of user oriented applications.

Different user oriented applications are being created for Dash, like crypto ATMs, point of sale solutions, payment gateways, etc. Nevertheless we are currently missing one fundamental layer - all these user applications need more liquid and better FIAT – DASH exchange services to clear on, including fixed price broker services, instant FIAT exchange, bid/ask FIAT exchanges, etc.

Exchanges are part of the basic infrastructure of the crypto economy, they can be thought about as public infrastructure. Without proper FIAT exchange services is harder for an asset to be independent and find a proper valuation.

Major FIAT exchanges are primarily interested in adding assets that already have high volume and high market cap and are less willing to support projects through their growing phase. So after an asset has established itself on all the major altcoin exchanges there is a gap. We are left with a catch 22 situation, not high enough volume for the large FIAT exchanges to open a trading pair and in need of safe and proper FIAT exchanges to grow and raise our volumes to where they would be interesting to larger exchanges and institutional investment. Also, legacy exchanges do not seem to have the intention to support a safer multi-sig user experience in the short term.

Because of this Dash is partnering with well reputed Bitcoin service operators to create proper FIAT Exchange services for DASH that are trustless, open source and built with the end user in mind. For this we are funding development of a suite of backend tools and integrations that will enable DASH/FIAT trustless exchange in partnership with Deginner, Coinapult and CryptoCapital.

We have decided to redirect the public-awareness budget funds to building these access ramps for the next few months. All projects will have to be reset in more or less 3 months and all budget proposals will have to be taken out and then voted back into the new version, so we don’t want to go through this process twice. We also feel very strongly about this project and what it will represent for the Dash community

Safer FIAT Integration (CryptoCapital.co)

As part of this project, Dash will be integrated with CryptoCapital.co which is a fully licensed financial institution that allows each user to have their own private segregated fiat account. The funds that the user deposits to their own FIAT account can be made instantly available for trading on the exchange services. This is a key difference, the fact that each user will initially be sending money to themselves and then once those funds are available at CryptoCapital they can choose to move them to an exchange service and trade instantly.

Also besides exchange integration, CryptoCapital offers other services that will be available to Dash users too.

From their website:

“By providing each customer with their own private segregated fiat account, Crypto Capital is able to allow Approved Software Exchange Companies the ability to open an account with us, therefore allowing our Customers, Merchants, and Traders the ability to move Fiat Currency, USD, EUR, JPY, etc., in and out instantly within our accounts.

There will no longer be lag when transferring funds between a customer private fiat account with us and the exchange account. Any Crypto Currency sold on the exchange could be funded back directly to the customer's private account instantly and then these funds may be withdrawn from the account which can be accessed worldwide via a Visa Debit Card issued on behalf of the customer, or other traditional means of fund transfer, SEPA, EFT, ACH, Swift, etc.

A Private Individual/Corporate International Fiat account in your control.
    Support for more than 30 different Fiat Currencies; USD, JPY, EUR etc. transact in your own currency.
    The option for a Visa Debit Card with the ability to withdraw funds at any ATM worldwide, purchase goods and services on line and pay bills.
    Several open Exchange platforms to convert Fiat Currency to any Crypto Currency and vice versa.
    Corporate Merchant accounts for Companies that deal directly with the Crypto Currency economy and are in need for a Fiat Currency account to manage their own operations”

All of these services will be available for Dash users, merchants and service providers. For example, this will allow services like Node40 to have a safe and compliant way for users to move FIAT directly into running masternodes.

Coinapult Integration

As part of this project, Dash will be integrated to Coinapult. Coinapult is a Bitcoin wallet service provider. Coinapult offers online consumer and B2B services to a global market. It was founded in 2012 by Ira Miller and Erik Voorhees and was the first to offer bitcoin e-wallet services by email and SMS. In 2014, Coinapult was first to market with Locks, a service to help mitigate the price volatility of Bitcoin.

Ira Miller sold Coinapult in 2015 and remains an external advisor and provider of backend tools. Current CEO of Coinapult Gabriel Sukenik is leading the company to new frontiers, they recently integrated with Mycelium to offer Bitcoin locking services directly from the Mycelium app.

Coinapult will be integrating Dash to all of their existing services which include fully convertible USD accounts for DASH. Dash will be the first crypto-currency, other than Bitcoin, to be added to this service.

More partners are expected to join this consortium over time. For example, Mycelium is already integrated with Coinapult. With Dash’s being added to Coinapult too, that brings us one step closer to convertible to USD mobile accounts.

Open Source Backend Tools Development

In order to make these partnerships and integrations possible, Deginner will develop the following open source tools for DASH.

· Multi-sig wallet and cosigner hosting (e.g. Deglet, Copay)
· Broker (e.g. Coinapult, Shapeshift)
· Bid/Ask exchange
· Traditional financial services (e.g. Crypto Capital, Vogogo)
· Market makers and liquidity providers

Multi-sig Wallet

A multi-signature wallet with client side key storage. Designed for white-labelling, the multi-sig wallet serves as the basis for a number of user interfaces, including the exchange. Built using React.js, the wallet will be ready to be transformed from a web app into a native app for Android, iOS, as well as a browser extension for Chrome or Firefox. It is the swiss army knife of cryptocurrency app development.

Cosigner

An automated cosigning service, this compliments the multi-sig wallet, Trustless Exchange, and other multi-signature features. Cosigning can be configured to meet custom criteria, such as request format, IP address, 2fa approval, and more.

Broker

Dash has specifically requested a broker service similar to Coinapult or Shapeshift. This will be available as an add-on to exchange, and can be made extremely low-trust from the first day of operations. Transactions will go in and out at almost the same time, but in between the broker will have temporary custody of funds. A fully trustless broker will be developed after the trustless exchange is complete.

Bid/Ask Exchange

Starting with at minimum a Dash-enabled fork of the stable wlox, the consortium will guarantee constant operation of a trustworthy exchange with a USD/DASH pair. This exchange will be integrated with banking partners, and include professional operators.

Planned for launch at the end of Q2 2016, the exchange will be a complete fresh start from wlox. The UI will be a custom fork, with the client-side key storage that entails. The exchange engine will automatically integrate with Crypto Capital, Coinapult, and others.

Tentatively planned for launch in Q4 2016, the next evolution will be a Trustless Exchange. In this version, the exchange will never have full custody of any funds, and will only host the orderbook and cosign. Both sides of the trade will be performed user to user, with each willing to trust the transaction instantly because of the exchange's cosigning. In the case of receiving Dash, InstantX will make this even easier, but the other party still needs instant trust verification.

Market Maker

Deginner's various trade bots and services will be put to work on Dash's exchange. These will ensure liquidity and a populated orderbook at all times. By default, they will initially keep roughly $10k at a time into the bots. Larger volume guarantees are possible with additional fees.

Investment

Total investment for this project is $ 42,500 USD, denominated in dollars and payable in Dash in monthly installments . The exchange rate USD/DASH will be taken on the day of each payment. This means that if the Dash prices goes up we would pay less Dash and if it goes down we would pay more Dash but the investment in USD will remain the same.

Not For Profit / No Transaction Fees

The operation of the exchange itself will be not-for-profit. Users will be charged no fees per transaction. Partners will make money through the fees they charge for FIAT deposits and withdrawals.

PERSONAL ACCOUNT
Minimum External Deposit or Withdraw $100
https://cryptocapital.co/fees.html

Other Benefits

All of the tools listed in the Open Source Backend Tools Development paragraph, will be put to use in the integration of Dash to the different partnering services, but will also come with the additional benefit that all tools are fully open source. Thanks to this any new crypto service that wants to use them or fork them to support Dash will be able to do so. We will have the reference exchange as a guaranteed result of the project but will also have the possibility of reusing these tools for other services in the future.

Current Status

Deginner has begun work, starting at the outside of the market and working in toward the center. The first stage (today) is connecting to the existing infrastructure by building standardized exchange clients. These are already being put to use in market making and trading bots, which will increase Dash's volume and orderbook depth. After the majority of the Dash market is covered by trading bots, a master bot will aggregate their volume and information into the fixed-price exchange service. This service will be available via API, similar to shapeshift.io, and will, at first, support a minimum of USD, BTC, and DASH.

Aggressive Timeline Estimate:

Today - Poloniex market making

1 week - Poloniex + Exmo or bitrex market making
2 weeks - Exmo, bittrex, and poloniex market making
3 weeks - unified Dash market bot
4 weeks - Dash broker service alpha
6-8 weeks - Dash broker service public beta
8-10 weeks - Integrate users of Dash broker service, like Lamassu operators

This project will also be supported by a formal contract, we are currently working on the details, should be signed and published within the next 30 days.

Additional Projects
Integration to AlphaPoint

As a result of the Satoshi Rountable we started conversations with Alphapoint. AlphaPoint is a white label exchange platform that provides a proprietary closed source exchange platform to different exchange operators around the world.

We have come to an agreement with AlphaPoint to add Dash support to their platform, this will make Dash easily available to all their exchange operators if they wanted to add a Dash pair to their exchanges. Alphapoint would notify their operators about the new Dash availability

This integration has a cost of $7500.00 USD

You can learn more about Alphapoint on their website: www.alphapoint.com

---

Thanks to Daniel Diaz for heading this project

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 03:31:21 PM

Dash has a fine track record of overdelivering

The only things Dash exceeds at delivering are hype, bad crypto, and snake oil marketing.

Where is Masternode blinding?  Duffield said it would be done last year, but now it's been forgotten.

Why does it take hours or days to mix coins?  Perhaps that tiny detail should be improved before spending years on Evolution's hopeless attempt to be yet another ETH?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stan.distortion

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:40:56 PM

Yeah, whatever, I'm not wasting my typing on old features that where dropped in favour of more innovative development paths a long, long time ago. You've had answers the last hundred times you brought them up and they're bound to be answered somewhere in your next hundred FUD spamming sprees. Dashes core team progress reports are way more relevant to the thread, here's one from January, I wouldn't want you getting vertigo from the present catching up too fast icey Wink
https://dashtalk.org/threads/january-2016-dash-core-team-monthly-report.8041/

Dear Community members,

As we've outlined in the past, one of the goals for the core team this year is to increase our level of communication and transparency with the community and investors regarding key achievements and activities. One of the ways we plan to achieve this goal is by issuing a succinct monthly report on core team progress. Below, you will find our report covering activities performed through the end of January, grouped by the four strategic areas of focus for 2016.

Software Development
        First prototype of Dash Evolution wallet released
        InstantX payments available on iPhone and Android wallets
        Dash Core v12.1 development started
    Business Development
        Launch of the Lamassu integration project
        Established relationship with Ledger hardware wallets
        Prepared scope of work for hardware wallet integration and masternode operation from hardware wallets.
        Preliminary work on project to improve DASH access via FIAT, proposal to be presented early Q2.
    Marketing and Communication
        Participation in The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami (21,22 January 2016)
            Evan Duffield delivered a keynote on day 2 of the conference, providing an overview of Dash, and outlining the vision for Dash Evolution
            Dash core team members and community members hosted a booth at the conference and demoed Dash InstantX using a PoS device on a soda vending machine
        Year 2015 Summary: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashs-incredible-2015-and-a-gaze-into-the-crystal-balls-2016.7576/
        Updates in Dash marketing materials (document templates, icons, handout): https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Marketing+Materials
        New Linkedin Company Page created and connected with the group
        DN presence extended and live
        International outreach and translations
            Chinese. Due to Chinese New Year we have 8BTC on hold (Feb). Alexy+Raico and community are doing a great job there.
            Portuguese. Full Time Translator started, many more local news (translated from English news) coming out, being published.
                Example: http://www.bitcoinnews.com.br/bitco...nda-satoshi-roundtable-evento-crypto-privado/
                Banners https://www.dash.org/what-is-dash-br/
            Indonesian. Full Time Translator started, many more local news (translated from english news) coming out, being published.
                Example: http://bitcoinnewsindo.com/dash-men...saat-pendiri-mengkonfirmasi-transaksi-instan/
                Banners http://bitcoinnewsindo.com
            Spanish. Full Time Translator in place
                Banners http://bitcoinnewses.com
            Russian. Full Time Translator in place. Alexy-ru and community are doing a great job there.
            Arabic . Still looking for translator.
                Banners http://bitcoinnewsarabia.com
    Project Organization
        Help in preparations for The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami
            Work on the Dash presentation
            Preparation of the Dash handout
            Help in conference logistics and contact with the organizer
        Organization of the core team calls and sharing information
        Coordination of Transform PR project
        Definition of Dash 2016 road-map
        Launch of the Mattermost testing to replace Slack with its limitations
        Updated and Extended the Wiki (Updated Mining Section, Masternode guides)

Original version of the report is available under the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/January 2016 - Dash Core Team Monthly Report

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 03:45:36 PM

Why does it take hours or days to mix coins?  Perhaps that tiny detail should be improved before spending years on Evolution's hopeless attempt to be yet another ETH?

Yeah, whatever, I'm not wasting my typing on old features that where dropped in favour of more innovative development paths a long, long time ago.

InstantX is an "old feature?"   Huh

What "more innovative development paths" are going to replace InstantX?

Ring signatures are the preferred method, as they don't require hours/days of waiting to mix coins, but Duffield already set and abandoned that goal a long time ago.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: