Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:26:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 12:35:40 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:44:35 AM by mprep

You know, I'd like to share something with the patient readers of this thread.

As Smooth continued his descent into marginalization through repetitive posts of baseless attacks, spin and innuendo, I went for a nice long, late afternoon walk with my wife and daughter. It was a gorgeous evening, and it was sunny and calm. It was very relaxing. And as I walked, I couldn't help thinking that this is what the world needs more of. Sunny ways. People helping each other. Staying true to your own instead of attacking others needlessly (for whatever motivation they may have). Professionalism, dedication to values, and an ambition to succeed, not through negativity in putting down others, but in positivity in staying true to creating something wonderful for the world to use.

Do you agree with me?

Dash Nation represents all of these things. A great group of people creating an exceptional product. Smart minds, everyone contributing how they can, propelling Dash towards being the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

This thread, only 9 pages young, already has a wealth of information on what Dash is about.

Would you like to be part of a team that embodies these qualities? If so, you're welcome to join us.

We could not be more excited about the future.

Thanks again,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:44:54 AM

...making full, complete, and accurate disclosure of the history...

It's disclosed out there in the open and already priced in the market, but you and your friend can't see that.

What is priced into the market is the combination of all the information out there, from a variety of sources, some correct, some incorrect, etc. New investors do not know where to find all the information nor do they know who to believe necessarily. So when Dash supporters and official statements from Dash present inaccurate, misleading, or selective information, it contributes to scamming new investors.

Make the disclosures full and accurate, and there is no issue. The market can sort it out.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 12:58:44 AM

It's disclosed out there in the open and already priced in the market, but you and your friend can't see that.

What is priced into the market is the combination of all the information out there, from a variety of sources, some correct, some incorrect, etc. New investors do not know where to find all the information nor do they know who to believe necessarily. So when Dash supporters and official statements from Dash present inaccurate, misleading, or selective information, it contributes to scamming new investors.

Make the disclosures full and accurate, and there is no issue. The market can sort it out.
There's that "scam" word again! Worked for you for two years, won't anymore. I've already told you, you will not control the narrative about Dash. The facts prevail.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:30:52 AM

The facts prevail.

Yes I agree. Here are facts.

1. Evan had at least two years of experience with crypto before launching Dash. There was no "lack of experience" as you claim. (Your statement about what "caused mistakes to be made" was opinion, by the way. I'm glad we have agreed to exclude opinion from this thread.)

2. Evan stated weeks ahead of the launch that he was working on a "for-profit" coin launch.

3. Evan deliberately withheld the development and feature plans until after the end of the instqamine.

4. Evan misled people about the launch schedule, launching much earlier than promised. During the first hour, over 500000 coins were mined, and in 8 hours, over a million coins.

5. Evan later cut the mining rewards and coin supply, increasing the effective size of the instamine by a factor of four or more.

6. In total, the instamine of 2 million coins represents over approximately 30% of the current supply of Dash.

7. "Official Communication" from Dash blaming the instamine on inherited Litecoin code (which is factually false).

8. Dash ANN OP claiming the coin was "fairly and transparently launched".
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 01:49:50 AM

Same old Smooth, same old posts. I'm really starting to feel sorry for you. You're not convincing anyone:

I just heard about Dash a couple months ago and since then, the more I learn, the more I like it.

Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?

Yes, I think Dash will be the Future Internet of Money, alongside other cryptocurrencies.

The future is promising and,
We are living in the middle of a revolution... There will be room for not just one, but many altcoins.

It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

live long and prosper,
Peace

The people are coming out, and they're firmly on the side of progress, optimism and decentralized tech.

Good night. I'll leave you to your thread-bumping now. Regale the readers with some more spin and innuendo, because that's all you have. I'll see you in the morning, when I will continue to define Dash and inspire people to join us.

Tao

snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:07:34 AM

Services on the second tier seem to be getting strong interest. The DAPI is allowing all kinds of things that where impossible for a distributed system not long ago, traditionally centralised services running on a distributed platform.

Can you give some examples of what you think the DAPI will be used for? I'm sure there all kinds of uses that I can't even think of as this is brand new technology.

Payment processors are probably the most prime candidate for this type of functionality. Easily accessible payment verification will be a huge advantage for Dash in terms of ecommerce growth. I've come to think of Dash as being the "WWW" to Bitcoin's "TCP", take that as you will ;-)

Cheers Smiley Any chance of expanding on that a bit? I should have been following how things are going but lost track.

No joke, Dash has passed the point of too much happening to keep track, every month there's a new wave of budget proposals adding to that and some of those projects are hiring:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/python-and-javascript-developers-wanted-27k-in-bounties.8654/

Definitely! Happy to expand a little bit on it. I recall a couple years ago I wrote a WooCommerce Payment Processor plugin. I thought it was pretty cool at the time and recently happened to stumble on a video I'd recorded of it in action. A couple things came to mind:

1. Confirmation took about 10 minutes in total... looking back that is an excruciating time span to wait ;-)
2. The payment method itself bounced API requests off a centralized server. You'd hit it once to create payment address, present it to the user, then poll the API every 10 - 15 seconds until you got a "paid" response back.

DAPI changes all of that --

1. Confirmation is of course nearly instantaneous. Pretty slick ;-)
2. You don't need a payment processor at all; you create a payment request directly within the Dash network - it hits the end-users wallet, they send the funds and the API sends a callback to your online shop.

It's all inclusive, that's the biggest difference. It's why I think of WWW vs. TCP, they're all packets at the end of the day - the biggest difference is the end-user experience.

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:04:42 AM

Another great thread tao, keep up the good work!

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:13:18 AM

How to Mine DASH with AMD GPU
 Grin
http://cryptocrooks.com/mine-dash-amd-gpu/#.VxBU0GNWP8s
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:06:40 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 07:53:59 AM by TPTB_need_war

Without Masternodes they would either secure a shitcoin without value or they wouldn't even bother to mine it.
Masternode network is what gives Dash value. Darksend and Instantx is there thanks to it.

On this I agree, but the rewards are grossly excessive for the services provided.

I showed the high school level probability math that masternodes make InstantX insecure. I've already retorted the "why don't you break it then?" bullshit, so I won't again.

Masternodes destroy the network effects that a coin needs to attain adoption. I had already explained why, so I won't again.

The Dash scammers and accomplices are always trying to spin their scam as something other than a scam. Sigh.

did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply in their ann Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

No one can fork Monero without the support of the decentralized miners. The distinction from the Dash masternode scam, is that a masternode is staked only once with DRK (Dash tokens) and earns 50+% ROI per annum forever after for the largest holders of Dash tokens, thus further centralizing the coin meaning there is a centralized oligarchy which the investors are relying on for their future expecation of profits which afaics fulfills the Howey test for what is an investment security that is regulated by the Securities Act. A decentralized PoW miner is constantly expending on electricity in a competitive free market. Owning a lot of Monero doesn't give you any leverage as a miner.

I showed the high school level probability math that masternodes make InstantX insecure...Masternodes destroy the network effects that a coin needs to attain adoption.

Thats strange. I wonder why he didn’t listen.

The thing is, bedroom wannabees that "nearly" wrote the new Microsoft Word and spend all day long trashing real projects on bitconitalk form such a rich source of authoritative technical appraisal.

Evan should understand that.

Maybe if you re-assert your awesome pedigree he'll entertain you  Wink (You've sure entertained us).

Quoted for posterity, so we can refer to this in retrospect when we can more clearly see who was the (ad hominem hurling[1]) fool here.

Btw, Evan did reply on my thread and did not deny the math error. He tried to claim it was an honest mistake, yeah right.  Roll Eyes Then he disappeared upon being challenged.

[1] I suppose that is the first listed "talent" on your resume. I've never seen you respond factually nor display any significant technical acumen.

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:01:25 AM

I have a hard time believing that you really care for new investors, as literally everybody doing some minimal amount of research will stumble upon the great instamine saga, imho.
But let`s say you really care about newbies. What would make you happy and at ease? A link on Dash.org to some document of your joice?
I would vote in favour of that, just to stop that incredible time waste and free your precious time, so you can go back to coding your competing Coin at last.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:42:04 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 10:59:48 AM by smooth

I have a hard time believing that you really care for new investors, as literally everybody doing some minimal amount of research will stumble upon the great instamine saga, imho.

Eventually, perhaps, if they look long enough. But there is clear evidence this does not always occur, at least not right away. For example, Tone Vays statement that he believed the instamine was an accident (and indeed promoted Dash on his podcast based on that conclusion) until he read additional information. Whether or not the instamine was in fact an accident is not the point here, the point is that it is easy for people such as Tone, who are very savvy and well-informed, to not see all the relevant information, given how it is being presented, and then later, by happenstance, reach different conclusions only if and when they (eventually) learn more.

But let`s say you really care about newbies. What would make you happy and at ease? A link on Dash.org to some document of your joice?
I would vote in favour of that, just to stop that incredible time waste and free your precious time, so you can go back to coding your competing Coin at last.

I'm pretty sure I have already described the problems with incomplete, misleading, and selective disclosure and they aren't so easy to solve. No one can prevent toknormal from using minimizing and dismissive phrases such as 'launch issues'. Adding a link to some inconspicuous corner of the web site is not going to fix it. Perhaps some long and serious introspection on the matter and a decision to proceed with far more candor by various Dash stakeholders could improve the situation, but let's face it, Evan and maybe a few others run the show, and they've made clear how they want to portray the instamine by now.

FWIW, I have a hard time believing that you really care about coding of a competing coin, so let's just cut out the obvious bullshit please.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:24:29 AM

Eventually, perhaps. But there is clear evidence this does not occur.

LoL !

I think he was questioning your good faith in claiming to care about investors interests in your concern for "furnishing them with full information". (Might be something to do with your self-appointed role as ethics police and plastering the word 'scam' all over the place according to your own skewed and subjective appraisals).

b.t.w. whether we call them "launch issues" or "the most serious cardinal sin known to man" isn't going to stop people who are spending their own money from valuing progress over pre-history. Information cuts both ways. For every Tone Vays there are plenty of people who went in the other direction and who were in possession of "full information".

I'm seeing increasing number of posts on trollboxes from traders getting p*ssed with your little campaigns that put them off investing in a coin that they saw had a bright future when it was a fifth, a third or half the price it is now. Thats the real result of your "care for the Dash investor" agenda.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:27:59 AM

pre-history

For example ^

7. "Official Communication" from Dash dated January 26, 2016 blaming the instamine on inherited Litecoin code (which is factually false).

8. Recent edits to Dash ANN OP claiming the coin was "fairly and transparently launched".

People running this coin and many (though not all) in the community are actively, today, working to bury and hide the facts from investors. I understand wanting to sell your product, but when accurate disclosure takes a back seat to selling, you are scamming.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:32:33 AM

I'm pretty sure I have already described the problems with incomplete, misleading, and selective disclosure and they aren't so easy to solve. No one can prevent toknormal from using minimizing and dismissive phrases such as 'launch issues'. Adding a link to some inconspicuous corner of the web site is not going to fix it. Perhaps some long and serious introspection on the matter and a decision to proceed with far more candor by various Dash stakeholders could improve the situation, but let's face it, Evan and maybe a few others run the show, and they've made clear how they want to portray the instamine by now.

FWIW, I have a hard time believing that you really care about coding of a competing coin, so let's just cut out the obvious bullshit please.

Well, you certainly know the principle "audiatur est altera pars". It does not say the other party HAS to accept your view, but that your view shall be heard. You are basically saying that nothing would make you happy, which I understand, because it`s not about new investors, who can then decide if they care or not about the alleged "scam". You want your view on the matter imposed on everybody and can`t accept a different view, simply because you are the leading dev of a competing project, which is why I call bullshit on your hypocrisy. You want this saga to continue. In my book this is called trolling, but hey, who am I to tell you what to do. Tone can also think what he wants. I am sure you won`t quote him if he was ever to change his mind again. Trayce Mayer is fine with the research he did:
http://www.bitcoin.kn/2016/02/dash-lead-developer-evan-duffield-discusses-cryptocurrency-experimentation/
Now what? Is he also deluded or culpable as everyone is who does not accept your slanderous presentation of so called facts?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:39:08 AM

Well, you certainly know the principle "audiatur est altera pars". It does not say the other party HAS to accept your view, but that your view shall be heard. You are basically saying that nothing would make you happy, which I understand, because it`s not about new investors, who can then decide if they care or not about the alleged "scam". You want your view on the matter imposed on everybody and can`t accept a different view, simply because you are the leading dev of a competing project, which is why I call bullshit on your hypocrisy. You want this saga to continue. In my book this is called trolling, but hey, who am I to tell you what to do. Tone can also think what he wants. I am sure you won`t quote him if he was ever to change his mind again. Trayce Mayer is fine with the research he did:
http://www.bitcoin.kn/2016/02/dash-lead-developer-evan-duffield-discusses-cryptocurrency-experimentation/
Now what? Is he also deluded or culpable as everyone is who does not accept your slanderous presentation of so called facts?

I don't know what information he has considered but it is certainly plausible the information he's seen has been deceptive, misleading, incomplete or some combination, given everything I've already pointed out about how Dash presents it. That is exactly the information that Tone saw, before he dug deeper.

It is easy to say "the information is out there" but it isn't always easy to find everything especially for people (such as Tone and Trace) who are involved with a lot of different activities and have limited time to spend researching any particular coin.

Anyway, this isn't about making me happy. There are specific items I have pointed out are either relevant and missing or flat out incorrect in Dash communications about the topic. It doesn't matter whether you make smooth happy or not. Either way, go improve the disclosure. Or don't, but you are scamming if you don't.

Cryptodemedici

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:41:35 AM

pre-history

For example ^

7. "Official Communication" from Dash dated January 26, 2016 blaming the instamine on inherited Litecoin code (which is factually false).

8. Recent edits to Dash ANN OP claiming the coin was "fairly and transparently launched".

People running this coin and many (though not all) in the community are actively, today, working to bury and hide the facts from investors. I understand wanting to sell your product, but when accurate disclosure takes a back seat to selling, you are scamming.

Jesus.. We have Mother Theresa here wanting to help the crypto community.

When will you realize complaining and trying to impose your opinions on others is not the way to get people on your coin? Instead of wasting your time on this why don't you build up your coin so that it is better than DASH?

You and your friends have been at this for years. Stop wasting your time. If it truly is a scam then you have warned people, and if it is not a scam then you look like an idiot. Regardless, what is to gain wasting your time focusing on DASH you're not even invested in it?  Huh

I admire your perseverance. If I were you I would have dropped this a long time ago and focused on my own projects.

But I am no Mother Theresa.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:51:34 AM

It is easy to say "the information is out there" but it isn't always easy to find everything especially for people (such as Tone and Trace) who are involved with a lot of different activities and have limited time to spend researching any particular coin.

That`s why I had suggested you compile a document with all the info you consider vital to be put on Dash.org. I would support that. I am all in favor of transparency and imho the DASH team has nothing to hide.
Of course (audiatur est altera pars), the DASH team would be allowed to a response.
In case you kept bitching about the instamine after that, it would help the poor new investors in determing what your agenda actually is.
Who knows, maybe you and your buddies are the ones they should be warned about?
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:05:21 PM

That`s why I had suggested you compile a document with all the info you consider vital to be put on Dash.org. I would support that. I am all in favor of transparency and imho the DASH team has nothing to hide.
Of course (audiatur est altera pars), the DASH team would be allowed to a response.
In case you kept bitching about the instamine after that, it would help the poor new investors in determing what your agenda actually is.

That information has already been compiled:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

smooth don't fall for this disingenuous game. This is a well known obfuscation tactic. The opposer will demand you do more work to repeat the work you already did, and will demand this over and over again even after you repeat it N times, until you get tired and give up.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:13:08 PM

That's kind of true. That post is old and missing a lot of new information. I'll get around to updating it one of these days. Dnaleor's writeup is also good, and more readable than mine (but also missing some things).

smooth don't fall for this disingenuous game. This is a well known obfuscation tactic. The opposer will demand you do more work to repeat the work you already did, and will demand this over and over again even after you repeat it N times, until you get tired and give up.

Agree. They can improve their disclosure any time they want. Given that there have been multiple revisions and new statements, and the disclosure has gotten no better and possibly worse, they don't want.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:17:12 PM

Yippie, the other paranoid troll has arrived. Great. Smooth, same advice to you: Go to the authorities. Go to the police or SEC or whatever authority you deem responsible of taking care of those tremendous crimes. Please do. It is you civic duty and moral obligation. As I already told TTBP, I would not wait for 2 years and waste my time on internet forums, if I was witnessing such atrocious crimes. Put your feet where your mouth is and GO TO THE POLICE.
In german law there is the concept of "unterlassene Hilfeleistung", "failure to render assistance".  You are culpable of not doing everything in your power to save those poor new investors, which makes you a culprit/co-conspirator as well. Up to 5 years in prison in Germany, don`t take that lightly ("Nichtanzeige geplanter Straftaten"; § 138 of german penal law).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: