Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:19:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:48:37 PM

the link to the outside is a long, narrow, winding path

No. the link is exactly the same path as for any other crypto asset.

Launch wallet.
Send coins to exchange.
Sell coins.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:52:44 PM

Are you trying to impress me with how much BS you can cram into one sentence? I'd be more impressed if you acknowledge the design flaws in dash and moved on with your life and actually supported something in Satoshi's model of a cryptosystem that is antifragile and fungible enough to act as a cash and fulfill the cryptoanarchist's promise of an economics free of tyranny and systems that benefit a few fat cats, who use their power to gain more power instead of creating useful projects that work as intended and as promised--but I'm sure you're well aware of how far you are from that dream at the moment.

You are really one confusing individual. You don`t seem to be completely ignorant and I have thus a hard time believing you really don`t know what the words "tax", "tyranny" and "oligarchy" mean, yet you use them incorrectly again and again.
If you know, I have a hard time believing that you think everyone else doesn`t and I don`t understand why you still keep making a fool of yourself.
If you actually don`t, well, then you might not be the best suited person to lecture others about crypto-anarchy etc..
Please just ask, we are glad to help you.
Besides, why do you even waste your time with us silly "oligarchs" and our allegedly completely worthless project that you deam doomed to fail anyway, instead of working and promoting your own project? That`s the cool thing about freedom and competition. Destroy Dash with a superior coin.
Anyway...The good thing for me is I keep improving my english with you. I just looked up how you call "fremdschämen" in english: "second hand embarassement". That`s what I feel when I read what you write.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:01:38 PM

the link to the outside is a long, narrow, winding path

No. the link is exactly the same path as for any other crypto asset.

"Exactly the same". I do not think that phrase means what you think it means.

Launch wallet.
Send coins to exchange.
Sell coins.

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:05:10 PM

A quote from Evan regarding mining:

Another very important point to make about the Satoshi Roundtable was the very large issue with mining centralization in the Bitcoin space. When Satoshi originally invented Bitcoin, he did not anticipate the excessive mining centralization that has become a dominant force in the Bitcoin space. Due to this, we now have a small group of people that literally control the protocol consensus and their short term interests may be in conflict with the long term interests of other stakeholders, industry, users, etc. We definitely do not want our ecosystem to follow the same failed course and we definitely would have under the pooled ASIC mining paradigm. This is mainly because there are differences in efficiency that a miner can gain depending on where they live, which can give a huge advantage when their higher investment returns are compounded. Efficiencies such as cheaper labor, cheap or free electricity and even withholding newer advanced ASICs for their own mining operations, then selling them after they become less effective. After many iterations of these phenomenon in BTC we have come to a situation where the ones who have access to these advantages effectively control Bitcoin.

After hours of discussions, we believe we have found the solution to the unfair mining advantages that produce centralization around certain jurisdictions that control the production of ASICS. We will be releasing much more information about this soon, but are feverishly working on this project for v12.1. We’re going to be releasing much more information about this in the coming weeks; it’s going to be a giant advantage for the Dash project

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:14:11 PM

Should I remember that smooth is a Trollero and part of the core (pseudo)dev team.
He show us his lack of Ethic and is falling always in conflict of interest when he post in Dash's threads.

He want to make us believe he's a white knight fighting the dark evil.

In fact he is showing us how much he don't have Ethic.

Smooth saying that Dash is bad,is like the CEO of pepsi saying coca is bad.
Your opinion here have no value smooth, go work and promote your shit coin.

Should I also recall that you admit owning some Dash, and then crying it's a scam, lol, how can we call this? Psychological disorder? Or lier?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:15:55 PM

A quote from Evan regarding mining:

Another very important point to make about the Satoshi Roundtable was the very large issue with mining centralization in the Bitcoin space. When Satoshi originally invented Bitcoin, he did not anticipate the excessive mining centralization that has become a dominant force in the Bitcoin space. Due to this, we now have a small group of people that literally control the protocol consensus and their short term interests may be in conflict with the long term interests of other stakeholders, industry, users, etc. We definitely do not want our ecosystem to follow the same failed course and we definitely would have under the pooled ASIC mining paradigm. This is mainly because there are differences in efficiency that a miner can gain depending on where they live, which can give a huge advantage when their higher investment returns are compounded. Efficiencies such as cheaper labor, cheap or free electricity and even withholding newer advanced ASICs for their own mining operations, then selling them after they become less effective. After many iterations of these phenomenon in BTC we have come to a situation where the ones who have access to these advantages effectively control Bitcoin.

After hours of discussions, we believe we have found the solution to the unfair mining advantages that produce centralization around certain jurisdictions that control the production of ASICS. We will be releasing much more information about this soon, but are feverishly working on this project for v12.1. We’re going to be releasing much more information about this in the coming weeks; it’s going to be a giant advantage for the Dash project

I cant wait to see what that solution will be.

Dash : not afraid to tackle problems head-on

* 2MB blocksize debate ? Dash reaches consensus within 24 hours.
* Tackling possible ASIC centralisation ? Underway  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:20:36 PM

Should I remember that smooth is a Trollero and part of the core (pseudo)dev team.
He show us his lack of Ethic and is falling always in conflict of interest when he post in Dash's threads.

The only "lack of Ethic" would be to see a bad distribution, a highly suspicious (at best) instamine, and bad crypto and not speak up. No thank you.

The usual standard of what passes for ethics in the altcoin sea of sleaze is virtually nonexistent but that doesn't and won't infect everyone.
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:21:48 PM

The only "lack of Ethic" would be to see a bad distribution, a highly suspicious (at best) instamine, and bad crypto and not speak up. No thank you.

The usual standard of what passes for ethics in the altcoin sea of sleaze is virtually nonexistent but that doesn't and won't infect everyone.
And you continue? You are the worth (pseudo) dev in crypto space.
I got only one question for you : did you agree that conflict of interest is bad?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:24:50 PM

Dash : Internet of Money ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:27:20 PM

And you continue? You are the worth (pseudo) dev in crypto space.
I got only one question for you : did you agree that conflict of interest is bad?

Conflict of interest applies when one has a fiduciary duty. It does not apply here. If Coke found out that Pepsi were using baby parts in its formula, damn right they should speak up!

Journalistically and academically it is ethical to disclose any potentially conflicting affiliations. As if anyone doesn't know I'm part of the Monero core team by now ROFL.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:28:23 PM

So, about those Dash Nation elections .. Tao
Any update ?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:32:03 PM

If Coke found out that Pepsi were using baby parts in its formula, damn right they should speak up!

Except Dash isn't using "baby parts" in its formula  Roll Eyes
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:33:04 PM

If Coke found out that Pepsi were using baby parts in its formula, damn right they should speak up!

Except Dash isn't using "baby parts" in its formula  Roll Eyes

Proof?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:37:52 PM

Proof?

LoL !!  Grin

Yeah, I thought you might ask for that. Sorry I'm a bit thin on the ground on DNA lab equipment right now  Wink
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:38:14 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 11:27:46 PM by Lebubar

Ok, sorry @Tao for the OT.

I think it's important from time to time to remind how much lack of Ethic this guy have.

Continue your great work Tao.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 09:43:40 PM

Proof?

LoL !!  Grin

Yeah, I thought you might ask for that. Sorry I'm a bit thin on the ground on DNA lab equipment right now  Wink

Maybe you should increase the masternode payouts so you can afford it or is that money earmarked for an introduction economics course?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:50:38 PM

Maybe you should increase the masternode payouts so you can afford it or is that money earmarked for an introduction economics course?

Touché !

I read somewhere you liked poetry. With lines like that you could add stand up to your repertoire  Wink

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 01:10:33 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:45:20 AM by mprep

Good evening everyone.

We're making good progress today!

I'd like to thank the boys for being good sports about us taking back the narrative that they've dominated for the past two years. I've especially noted a change of tone from Smooth, and that's appreciated. As a show of good faith, I will also change my tone. I will no longer refer to them as "school-boy bullies", I will simply refer to them as "detractors". That's progress.

Still no evidence has been brought forward to justify the hyperbolic statements they would've had you believe for the past two years, however.

To my fellow Dash Nation members, I could not be more proud of you. You are all shining examples of Dash's dedication to progress, optimism, and decentralized technology. You make my recruiting job easy when you so eloquently back up my statements. The wealth of information you brought forward today will help like-minded people reading this thread to make investment decisions, maybe even join Dash Nation if they believe in the same ideology as you. Thumbs up!

Finally, to the patient readers of this thread, thanks for bearing with us as we take Dash's identity back. If you can see yourselves working with this great group of guys and girls, passionately creating an exciting product for the world to use, we'd love for you to join us.

Dash is building the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money. There's lots of room for everyone in Dash Nation. It's borderless, worldwide.  Grin

We'll talk tomorrow.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:23:39 AM

Still no evidence has been brought forward to justify the hyperbolic statements they would've had you believe for the past two years, however.

Please be specific about which "hyperbolic statements" because this seems like a very questionable statement. There certainly is a lot of evidence for various things related to the Dash instamine, subsequent actions taken which magnify the effect of the instamine, and about the poor level of Dash's cryptography and design.

Nevertheless "hyperbolic statements" is vague so I can't say you are certainly lying.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:36:09 AM

IMHO Dash had a sketchy start (as Darkcoin) and didn't really fix up the unequal premine issues.

However, the community is quite innovative and worthy of praise.

Perhaps down the road there will be a Dash fork altcoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: