Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:58:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 03:52:28 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 04:13:03 PM by stan.distortion

Short question, I`ve lost track a little...The masternode block-rewards generalizethis now calls "fees" are what he called "taxes" before, right?
Seems to me like a small but still laudable step in the right direction.

Looking up that one atm, if I remember correctly the block reward is split up but transaction fees only go to miners and if so neither would be right, it would be "subsidy" rather than "tax".

EDIT: Can't find it but I'm pretty sure the fees only go to miners, either way the fees only make up a small amount of the block rewards so aren't really significant for the mo. Block rewards subsidise masternodes for providing the second tier of the network in the same way as they subsidise mining, 45% mining, 45% masternodes with the other 10% going into the budget system to fund improvements.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 03:54:00 PM

Short question, I`ve lost track a little...The masternode block-rewards generalizethis now calls "fees" are what he called "taxes" before, right?
Seems to me like a small but still laudable step in the right direction.

Doesn't matter if you call them Freedom Points, they cause the same centralization.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 04:40:37 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:45:40 AM by mprep

Good morning everyone. I hope you're enjoying your day/night wherever you happen to be.

I would hope by now that you, the patient readers are starting to see a pattern in this thread, which has quickly reached seventeen pages.

The detractors, who have controlled the Dash narrative through spin and innuendo for the last two years, are desperately trying to keep this control through repetitive posts of exactly the same buzzwords.

Meanwhile, my fellow respected Dash Nation members continue to bring forward useful real information backed up by links where anyone can validate the authenticity.

As you can imagine, this is an exhausting battle, but make no mistake, as I've clearly indicated on page 12, this behavior will not be allowed to dominate the narrative about Dash.

Please, do your own research, and discover what I and all of the members of the Dash Project already know, which is that, despite its beginnings, the facts of which no one is denying, Dash is an innovative, driven and ambitious project. It's goal is to become the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Join Dash Nation and help us create a passion around progress, optimism, and decentralized technology.

Thanks again for your time and open minds. We truly appreciate it.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 05:02:58 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 06:12:04 PM by generalizethis

It's goal is to become the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Which it can't do given the reasons I've explained over and over again, It seems the dashnation is either oblivious to the facts or is purposely ignoring them.

Sigh. I can't make it any more simple--it's like they don't grasps that the nodes are bought with dash and earn the dash that can let the operator buy more nodes thus increasing centralization. Or that this is a problem because it requires trust to believe that this very scenario isn't happening.....you can lead a horse to water, but you can't explain the basics of cryptosystems without someway to expand its neural capabilities. Maybe nanabots or direct neural connections to expand brain capacity would help?

I'll let you get back to your attempt to get more noobs entangled within the controlled environment of the dash network. Or are those links to actual arguments that don't correspond to dash's script?

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 05:08:44 PM

It's goal is to become the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Which it can't do given the reasons I've explained over and over again, It seems the dashnation is either oblivious to the facts or is purposely ignoring them.

Sigh. I can't make it any more simple--it's like they don't grasps that the nodes are bought with dash and earn the dash that can let the operator buy more nodes thus increasing centralization. Or that this is a problem because it requires trust to believe that this very scenario isn't happening.....you can lead a horse to water, but you can't explain the basics of cryptosystems without someway to expand its neural capabilities. Maybe nanabots or direct neural connections to expand brain capacity would help?

I'll let you get back to your attempt to get more noobs entangled within the controlled environment of the dash network. Or are those links to actual arguments that don't correspond to dash's script?
So persistent. Thank you so much for the thread bumps. You are a real gentleman.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 05:11:19 PM

So persistent. Thank you so much for the thread bumps. You are a real gentleman.

Anything not to help the persistence of topdown systems as we move toward the information age.

busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:31:52 PM

Don't forget everyone. Today myself, fernando and oaxaca will be interviewing Amanda B. Johnson, Host of The Daily Decrypt - We will be discussing a few things:
-DASH
-Libertarian ideas and her past activism
-The Free State Project
-How she came into cryptocurrencies
-Daily workflow/tools to keep up with so many projects
-Burr/Feinstein Proposed Anti Encryption Bill and more.

You can tune in LIVE in about 5 hours. A recording will be made available after the live show. I may be doing another give away during the show. You can tune in at the website link, http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep04/ - or you can tune in below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnckbAVvroI
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:33:29 PM

Don't forget everyone. Today myself, fernando and oaxaca will be interviewing Amanda B. Johnson, Host of The Daily Decrypt - We will be discussing a few things:
-DASH
-The Free State Project

You can tune in LIVE in about 5 hours. A recording will be made available after the live show. I may be doing another give away during the show. You can tune in at the website link, http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep04/ - or you can tune in below.

thats great news, i love her shows. i will for sure watch it / listen to it.
thanks for the heads-up.

edit : episode 5 is looking to be intriguing as well :

Dash Round Table: Ep.05
Streaming live on April 24, 2016 In Episode five the guys interview eduffield Founder and Lead Developer of DASH. v12.1 is right around the corner and Evan is going to tell us all about the
effort he and the rest of the team have been putting in. He says 'This is turning into a huge deal, it should be exciting.' (More info coming soon).
Time:  1:00 p.m. PST
Information: http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep05/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
busterzzz

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:47:41 PM

-DASH
-The Free State Project

thanks for the heads-up.

Streaming live on April 24, 2016 In Episode five the guys interview eduffield Founder and Lead Developer of DASH. v12.1 is right around the corner and Evan is going to tell us all about the
effort he and the rest of the team have been putting in. He says 'This is turning into a huge deal, it should be exciting.' (More info coming soon).

Long time comming too!!! Been trying to get that busy man on the air for some time now. We also interview Andy Freer aka Andy 'Dark' on May 8th. (He is the Developer working on Evolution).

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 05:59:52 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 06:13:29 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

-DASH
-The Free State Project

thanks for the heads-up.

Time:  1:00 p.m. PST

Long time comming too!!! Been trying to get that busy man on the air for some time now. We also interview Andy Freer aka Andy 'Dark' on May 8th. (He is the Developer working on Evolution).

Thank you for introducing this fantastic podcast to the readers. A great example of Dash values in action.

Cheers.

www.dashroundtable.org

www.twitter.com/dashroundtable

elbowface

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:03:07 PM

Anything not to help the persistence of topdown systems as we move toward the information age.

Lurk mode OFF.

Dude, you keep labouring the same tired points about masternode rewards increasing centralization.

Node holders are just as likely to sell their reward coins (as miners do) or cash out of the market completely at some point. Nodes earn ~10% pa, so assuming the count doesn't increase (which it will) each node can only foster a new node every ten years. Hardly the centralization clusterfuck you're painting.

Also, the point you so tragically fail to address is that DASH - like most every other cryptocoin, is in DEVELOPMENT. You describe the outcome of DASH with no concession to how it may develop over time.

Now stop fucking posting. We get it already. You hate DASH because if boils your blood to see 1 DASH trading at 6x the value of 1 XMR.

Get the fuck over it and do something positive in your life.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:05:58 PM

-DASH
-The Free State Project

thanks for the heads-up.

Man, you guys are ON IT!  Good job!  BTW, you have to seriously wonder about Andy Freer and his abilities, when a genius like Evan lets go of his baby and entrusts it to another guy.  I mean, Andy must be really damn awesome!  Looking forward to both roundtables!   Thanks Buster, Oaxaca and Fernando for making a great show!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
prettybuds

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:07:59 PM

DASH was known as X Coin and Darkcoin earlier? Cool All three seem to be cool names, whereas XCoin and Darkcoin seem most mysterious. :>
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:12:00 PM

DASH was known as X Coin and Darkcoin earlier? Cool All three seem to be cool names, whereas XCoin and Darkcoin seem most mysterious. :>

yeah, i still have some fond memories about Darkcoin. Here is one for the good old days, i call it "Darkcoin rising"

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:18:09 PM

Lurk mode OFF.

Dude, you keep labouring the same tired points about masternode rewards increasing centralization.

Node holders are just as likely to sell their reward coins (as miners do) or cash out of the market completely at some point. Nodes earn ~10% pa, so assuming the count doesn't increase (which it will) each node can only foster a new node every ten years. Hardly the centralization clusterfuck you're painting.

Also, the point you so tragically fail to address is that DASH - like most every other cryptocoin, is in DEVELOPMENT. You describe the outcome of DASH with no concession to how it may develop over time.

Now stop fucking posting. We get it already. You hate DASH because if boils your blood to see 1 DASH trading at 6x the value of 1 XMR.

Logic fail. You're assuming that the owner has one node to reach your 10 year a new node, when the instaminers combined for 2million dash, so how many nodes does that buy?

2000, and in 10 years those nodes could buy 2000 more (barring the instaminers not manipulating the market to buy even more in that time period), but I'm sure you knew that and used math of convenience to validate your investment. Also, I'm sure that the masternode opperators will vote on things that benefit them the most to increase their holdings and the power that those nodes wield (why wouldn't they unless to feign decentralization), but you're on the benevolent dictator program and I'm sure it will all work out fine and dandy and nothing bad will come of this corruptible design, because humans never make things worse than they already are....

I realize you have to validate your investment by any means necessary, but pulling the jealousy card is shitcoin logic and fails the smell test.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.msg14472374#msg14472374

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:25:27 PM

Lurk mode OFF.

Nice try Evan.   Cheesy

Because of the instamine, a handful of people own ~90% of all Masternodes.

When you already own hundreds of Masternodes, you are able to quickly gain more using the interest.  The compounding happens much faster than if you only had one.

That is, as you so aptly put it, a "centralization clusterfuck."

And it's not just Dash's instamine-skewed distribution that's a problem.  Dash's development is also a "centralization clusterfuck."

But don't take my word for it.  Read vertoe's epic domination post if you think Dash governance is anything but 100% centralized.

darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity.

it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:42:49 PM

Also, I'm sure that the masternode opperators will vote on things that benefit them the most to increase their holdings...

And then masternode operators would be left with worthless coins in their possession pissing off everybody (miners, investors etc).

Do you even understand what are you writting or are you just having fun?

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
stan.distortion

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:07:07 PM

(snip, absolutely nothing new)

As pointless as is it replying to the trolleros (because no matter what answer they get, they'll endlessly repeat the question) and despite Verto launching an undeniable scamcoin after leaving Dash, let's have a look at that question. What would happen if Evan walked away from Dash?

Undoubtedly Dash would loose a tremendous talent and confidence would probably drop quite a bit but would that be the end of Dash? No, it wouldn't.

Firstly, Dash has an awful lot of tremendous talent. This isn't a one man operation, Dash has many core developers and many more developers external to the core who're more than capable of continuing with one less member and the entire community has a strong focus on progress and innovation.

Secondly, Dash has a solid governance model. There's a lot of confidence in Evan and that gives him a lot of leeway to take steps that bypass the governance model to some degree but that model is perfectly capable of managing the entire project in it's current state and it's about to take a major step forward with the next version, Dash has no problem whatsoever in making important decisions.

Thirdly, it wouldn't make the slightest difference to the current state of Dash. Dash is way more advanced than the vast majority of altcoins, quite possibly the most advanced and has a model that ensures it's rapid development for a long time to come. Dashes governance is focused on evolution and that focus can only improve with time.

Now, a question for our trollero followers, can you provide evidence to support your claim that Dashes governance is controlled by early adopters? It shouldn't be hard, the voting history of proposals complete with timestamp and collateral transaction identifier is available in the client with "mnbudget getvotes" followed by the proposal hash.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 09:10:03 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:49:50 PM by iCEBREAKER

can you provide evidence to support your claim that Dashes governance is controlled by early adopters? It shouldn't be hard, the voting history of proposals is available in the client with "mnbudget getvotes" followed by the proposal hash.

Vertoe's post is evidence Dash governance is 100% centralized.

Evan's Duffsplanation for not doing a fair relaunch or airdrop is that some whales/early investors (ie Otoh) objected.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stan.distortion

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:12:34 PM

can you provide evidence to support your claim that Dashes governance is controlled by early adopters? It shouldn't be hard, the voting history of proposals is available in the client with "mnbudget getvotes" followed by the proposal hash.

Vertoe's post is evidence Dash governance is 100% centralized.

Evan's Duffplanation for not doing a fair relaunch or airdrop is that some whales/early investors (ie Otoh) objected.

Like I said, prove it. The voting information is available in the client and if you're so sure it should be trivial to find a voting pattern to support it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: