Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:31:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:31:45 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 06:54:07 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

What is misinformed in this assessment?
Let me try again. The crux of your argument is that you contend that because of the instamine that only a few people control the voting power, correct?  Well, even if we were to ignore the markets for the last two years distributing the coins, you still haven't come up with any evidence that only a few people partook in the instamine. The problem with your argument is that it starts with a hypothesis, not fact. As I've mentioned before, Masternodes are incentivised full nodes that anyone can run, and my grandmother runs one. You could too if you had the means and were so inclined.

True story: Dash used to have a marketing contract with Transform PR. Evan Duffield was firmly in favor of this DGBB proposal, and it went through. About a month later, some Dash Nation members became disillusioned with the proposal and started lobbying to have it voted down. This resulted in the contract being voted out, despite the objections of the coin's large holders. Evan was forced to personally cancel this contract. This story is verifiable on DashTalk.org.

The system works as designed, and is a marvel of decentralized governance. It is not perfect, though, and will be fine tuned over time.

Also, am I any more repetitive than Tao's copypaste "Satoshi's dream, decentralized, we're controlling the narrative" get the noobs to these links hurry before they learn how craptacular we are speeches disguised as pleasant cheerleading?
Show me two repetitive posts I made. My challenge is to set the record straight after two years of spin and innuendo, and you can't do that with a single post. This thread is a marathon, not a sprint, and the facts prevail in time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:41:40 PM

Enjoy  Cheesy

Dash-CORE roadmap - version 1

https://github.com/evan82/dash-roadmap/blob/master/README.md

This is my first draft of the finalized timeline for evolution. I believe I can commit to this and it should be pretty easy to accomplish based off of my recent discoveries. If you're a programmer, you should be able to understand it. I'll explain this (timeline and discoveries) in much greater detail on The DashRoundtable on Sunday, April 24th.

As for the code, it's a real rough specification of all of the various pieces of technology required to build out dash. It's goal is to decouple the core code, in the form of a generic governance object, then secure our network using a completely dynamic python implementation (sentinel) via masternode network voting. The concept is pretty simple actually, it should allow us near infinite flexibility.

I hope you're sitting somewhere  Cool

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:59:31 PM

Enjoy  Cheesy

Dash-CORE roadmap - version 1

This is my first draft of the finalized timeline for evolution. I believe I can commit to this and it should be pretty easy to accomplish based off of my recent discoveries. If you're a programmer, you should be able to understand it. I'll explain this (timeline and discoveries) in much greater detail on The DashRoundtable on Sunday, April 24th.

As for the code, it's a real rough specification of all of the various pieces of technology required to build out dash. It's goal is to decouple the core code, in the form of a generic governance object, then secure our network using a completely dynamic python implementation (sentinel) via masternode network voting. The concept is pretty simple actually, it should allow us near infinite flexibility.

I hope you're sitting somewhere  Cool
I've got to be honest, that man never ceases to amaze me. I am rapt with anticipation for that Dash Roundtable episode.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 01:16:59 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:46:33 AM by mprep

Good evening folks.

Well, today was another day of progress. Toknormal demonstrated his three tenets of unbacked electronic cash on page 22, and showed how Dash is strong with each one. Then, Evan Duffield, as he so often does, just came out of the blue to announce his latest plans:

The paper is too complicated for me, so I will wait until he dumbs it down a bit on the Dash Roundtable show on Sunday.

This is what it's like for Dash. Never a dull moment. Discoveries, innovations, announcements, reports, and constant attention from detractors.

Would you like to be a part of a dynamic environment such as this? Do you want to be on a team that's solely focused on creating the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money?

If you answered yes, we'd love to hear from you. Thanks again for your patience.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:09:42 AM

Go, Dash Nation! Go!

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:10:47 PM

FlokiNet VPS
now accepting Dash
https://www.flokinet.is/en/

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 01:12:56 PM

Quote from: kot, post: 91293
    Dear Community Members,

Please allow me to share another report of the Dash core team progress. Below, you will find our report covering activities performed through the end of March, grouped by the four strategic areas of focus for 2016.

• Software Development
    • Dash core wallet - version 12.x (lead developer: Evan Duffield)

• the development work in progress
    • version 12.1 will fix existing governance issues (contracts, controls)
    • Evan worked out a new roadmap with detailed steps for development (to be published soon)
    • Dash Evolution Web Wallet(lead developer: Andy Freer).

• the team is making a good progress on the design work - majority of the technologies were already selected and tested. Lots of proof of concept delivered.
    • the team have set up a Jira board for each aspect of Evolution.
    • stories are created and progress is being made.
    • Skelton framework for the SPA has been completed and and acidburn will progress with this.
    • An early prototype to demonstrate the new architecture has been completed to prove that the selected technologies will work well together.
    • Dash wallet for Android - updated features (lead developer: HashEngineering):
    • multiple issues with the core part of the wallet fixed by HashEngineering
    • new look and feel improved by tomasz.ludek
    • testing on different Android versions and devices in progress
    • Dash iPhone Wallet
    • work on new wallet design is in progress
    • as foundation name has been changed, after it is published officially, the team is going for re-approval on Apple Store
    • Electrum-Dash wallet development (external vendor: Mazaclub)
    • Estimates for the work are collected
    • Development work started in close cooperation with the Dash core dev tam
    • MN operations functionality should be ready by the end of first week of May.
    • Dash network started to support Electrum-Dash server operations

Original version of the report is available in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/March 2016 - Dash Core Team Monthly Report

BUMP

This is all wrong.

You can't build out Layer 2 and crank up the marketing until Layer 1 is solid.

Dash needs to follow Bitcoin's lead and enable scaling by adopting critical new features like segwit, Lightning, and sidechains.

As it is now, Dash has no hope of competing with Lightning type payment channels.  All the "fiat gateways" in the world won't help Dash if it has no unique, innovative, and useful technology under the hood.

Dash gets a shade more obsolete with each BIP9 block mined.

Do you see this?

https://coin.dance/blocks/bip9

That's doom coming for shitcoins like Dash, which tried to profit from Classic's attempted governance coup and kissed up to the Gavinistas on bitco.in.

██████████
    █████████████████
    ██████████████████████
    █████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
    ████
    ████████████████████████
    █████
    ███████████████████████████
    █████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████████████████████████
    █████
    █████████████
    ██████████████
    ██████████████████████
    █████████████████
    ██████████

Monero
    "The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
    whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
    David Chaum 1996
    "Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
    Buy and sell XMR near you
    P2P Exchange Network
    Buy XMR with fiat
    Is Dash a scam?
    generalizethis
    Legendary

Activity: 1750
    Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
    April 20, 2016, 01:23:13 PM

What is misinformed in this assessment

Conflations of concepts like interest with taxation, coin holders with promisary notes, trusted parties with good governance, centralisation with protocol articulation, fungibility with obfuscation and monetary media media with transport protocols.

Also, am I any more repetitive than Tao's copypaste "Satoshi's dream, decentralized

Yes.

Tired of correcting your semantic juggling in an attempt to hide the fact that dash's power structure is centralized--however you want parse it doesn't really matter as you can't trustlessly prove it and therefore it is BS by cryptosystem standards.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443867.0

iCEBREAKER
    Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
    April 20, 2016, 02:08:36 PM

What is misinformed in this assessment

Conflations of concepts like interest with taxation, coin holders with promisary notes, trusted parties with good governance, centralisation with protocol articulation, fungibility with obfuscation and monetary media media with transport protocols.

Also, am I any more repetitive than Tao's copypaste "Satoshi's dream, decentralized

Yes.

Tired of correcting your semantic juggling in an attempt to hide the fact that dash's power structure is centralized--however you want parse it doesn't really matter as you can't trustlessly prove it and therefore it is BS by cryptosystem standards.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443867.0

Even more than Darkcoin, Dash takes advantage of low-information, short attention span people who just want to get some of that Bitcoin money.

They have no idea what a trusted 3rd party has to do with bad crypto, and don't want to know.  Don't try to explain layers and scaling to them.  "Orthogonal" has never been a word in their vocabulary, much less conceptual/working knowledge.  They may not have even heard or seen it before.

Satoshi is aloof and mysterious, while Duffield has a friendly gingery smile that appeals to old ladies watching Murder, She Wrote.

He's the Saul Goodman of crypto; a classic snake-oil HYIP peddling confidence man.

Now that the price of Bitcoin is once again rising, we'll see the gullible/greedy Dash types return to the original and best crypto currency.

www.DashIsAScam.org

www.CultMouse.com/InstamineNation

https://DashScam.org

██████████
    █████████████████
    ██████████████████████
    ████
    ████████████████████████
    █████
    █████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████████████████████████
    █████
    █████████████
    ██████████████
    ██████████████████████
    █████████████████
    ██████████

Monero
    "The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
    whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
    David Chaum 1996
    "Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
    Buy and sell XMR near you
    P2P Exchange Network
    Buy XMR with fiat
    Is Dash a scam?
    qwizzie
    Legendary

Activity: 2548
    Merit: 1245

View Profile
    April 20, 2016, 04:48:39 PM

Trolls, they cant live with us and they cant live without us. Its really a bit of a sad world they live in.

edit : oh, hi there Icetroll .. didnt see you there.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
    TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile WWW
    April 20, 2016, 04:52:28 PM

Go, Dash Nation! Go!

Fantastic job, Alex! A flag is a great way to show our community pride.

qwizzie
    Legendary

Activity: 2548
    Merit: 1245

View Profile
    April 20, 2016, 04:57:48 PM

Go, Dash Nation! Go!

Fantastic job, Alex! A flag is a great way to show our community pride.

i agree .. now all we need is a national anthem.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
    TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile WWW
    April 20, 2016, 05:03:20 PM
    Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:46:42 AM by mprep

Good morning all. I hope you're all enjoying your lives wherever you happen to be.

I see we received yet another visit from the detractors while I was away. I read through their posts filled with buzzwords and misdirection, which are typical ploys by people who would seek to "control" the narrative about a competing coin to serve their interests.

Everything that needs to be said by us on these matters has already been said in this thread, no need to bore you with that.

When you lead by example displaying dedication to progress, optimism and decentralized technology, you will inspire people. Alex-ru and his Dash Nation flag is living proof of that.

That's what Dash Nation is all about. Focus on a common goal, creating the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Join us in Dash Nation and help us create a passion around our values.

Cheers,

Tao  (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

EDIT: I've shared the Dash Nation flag with my followers on Twitter. If you're on Twitter as well you're welcome to join me!

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/722838031674134529?s=09

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile WWW
    April 20, 2016, 08:29:31 PM

You know, this thread has caused my Twitter account to progress as well. What do you think?

I think I'm going to roll with that profile message for a little while...   Cheesy

tungfa
    Legendary

View Profile
    April 21, 2016, 01:15:09 AM

In preparation for the new coming FIAT Gateways (and easy Merchant accessibilities) we updated our Wiki Merchant section, be ready more to come soon

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Merchants
     Wink
    TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile WWW
    April 21, 2016, 01:25:29 AM

Added Alex-ru Dash Nation Flag to the OP:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433982.msg14501991#msg14501991

#DashNation #IoM

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile WWW
    April 21, 2016, 03:17:34 AM
    Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:46:49 AM by mprep

Good evening everyone!

Why centralized organizations funding Bitcoin development is a train-wreck:

https://petertodd.org/2016/mit-chainanchor-bribing-miners-to-regulate-bitcoin

Dash will avoid these kind of issues with decentralized governance and funding. That's a big reason why Dash is poised to be the digital cash Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

All who value progress, optimism and decentralized technology are welcome to join us in Dash Nation.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

tungfa
    Legendary

View Profile
    April 21, 2016, 05:04:09 PM

Dash World: Marketing Audit, Progress & Road-map

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-world-marketing-audit-progress-road-map.8705/#post-91579

long read but good insights  Wink
    TanteStefana2
    Legendary

Activity: 1260
    Merit: 1001

View Profile
    April 21, 2016, 08:12:27 PM

From Russia, with Love!

Alex, our Master Communicator!

Seriously, he's amazing with all the videos he's created, just amazing!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
    "You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
    Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
    TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile WWW
    April 21, 2016, 11:28:22 PM

From Russia, with Love!

Alex, our Master Communicator!

Seriously, he's amazing with all the videos he's created, just amazing!
    He did a lot with no funding, I can only imagine what he's capable of with budget funds...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
      Print  

Jump to: