Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:14:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 822 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌  (Read 923798 times)
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:54:35 AM

Excuse me, can I make a transaction now? On which platform?

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/ESP/BTC
https://www.novaexchange.com/market/BTC_ESP2/
https://www.novaexchange.com/market/LTC_ESP2/
oni4an

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:07:48 AM

what do you explain necessity of swap then. ETH did hard-fork, majority of users din't require swap. But ESP is.

Needless to say, ESP1 or ESP2 or ESP3 (or more?) means, each different coin, that's my understanding.
https://blog.espers.io/espers-cryptocurrency-with-hybrid-pow-pos-and-unique-algorithm-63da942e307d
oni4an

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:35:00 AM

Looking for voices
https://www.livecoin.net/en/voting
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:06:32 AM

i have to pay a guy, i had him on my computer for 2 hours trying to fix espers qt. We saw 1 active peer, at best. We went around and around, input the nodes someone suggested, he knows where to find other nodes other than that list I got from here.
But he couldnt get it.
He said to ask if there was a problem or if anybody was stuck on a particular block as it the whole time it didn't move.

Are the web based wallets that can stake client side? I don't think I'd be interested in a web wallet unless it was. Anyway having issues with the wallet and hired a very competent computer engineer and he couldnt figure it out.

You are still not giving any information about the problem, other than that you're not having any connections. Let me quote myself once again:

Sorry there are so many questions (which are always the same questions, again and again btw.), I cannot answer everything. Maybe we can set up a help desk system for the community to track questions and help each other? Does anybody have the required resources for this?

Until then, just read the past 10-15 pages, and chances are that your question is answered somewhere already. Here is a summary:

• Yes the "expected time to reward" is wrong, try multiplying it by 1000 or so.
  • It can take weeks until you get your first stake, depending on your balance. One solution could be to split your funds to many different addresses (or inputs to be exact).
  • For network errors, check your ports and add more nodes
  • For all other problems, try resyncing from scratch and use a bootstrap for it

From what I have heard, there is also a Wiki or FAQ in the works somewhere ...

Did you try the last two points? What were the results? What operating system do you use? What version of the wallet do you use? Where did you download the wallet from?

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
vifzor

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:09:36 AM

Hello,
ESP is at 15 satoshi, is it a good time to enter in?
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:18:33 AM

Hello,

Maybe. Maybe not. It's up to you to decide, nobody here knows the future.  Wink

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
vifzor

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:34:30 AM

Hello,

What is your personal opinion on this one Gandalf86?

I won't hold you any responsibility for what you will say, I'm just curious about your thoughts.
kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:47:36 AM

Good afternoon all,

My current wallet is version 0.8.0.5 and it looks like a new version is out.
Can someone please instruct me how to upgrade without losing my coin age if
that will benefit me on activating staking with the new wallet please?

Thank you,

Brett

I want to know that as well! And what's in the new wallet worth upgrading?

Hi guys!
You should be running 0.8.6.6 patch 0 Alpha. 0.8.0.5 too old. Think about stability and having the node ready for the network. New features about to be introduced.
Concerning install, as always, back up your wallet.dat, download the new qt, run it and wait for it to connect. You should be good in a few minutes if nothing is wrong. If problems arise, you may need to delete everything in your old wallet directory except for your wallet.dat file and run again. It is always good policy too having a wallet.dat backed up elsewhere like in another drive or USB flash mem.

So just to clarify my thinking, my ESP holdings are now worthless?

That's just bad business and terrible for marketing a coin when original supporters of any coin are eliminated by a swap.

I hold 80+ active altcoin wallets at any given time which is not unusual for those of us who invest in cryptocurrencies and infrastructure as I do.

Most of my crypto collegues hold even more active wallets, some as many as 150.

1) How can one be expected to monitor all of their holding's platforms to protect against these situations?

2) What would investors Not Do if altcoins started pulling these swap and burns like has been done in this instance?

Suggestion: If you're going to burn original investors best to walk away from the ESP name and dev. completely and start over from scratch in my humble opinion.

On and on it's just another brick in the wall

ESP looks like unstable token. If dev are publishing more than two tokens under the name of ESP, I do not think Polo or such exchange will not list ESP.

I thought buying ESP from now would be a chance but I wonder.

They aren't doing anything with esp1 its a forked chain.

Besides they took etc/eth

what do you explain necessity of swap then. ETH did hard-fork, majority of users din't require swap. But ESP is.

Needless to say, ESP1 or ESP2 or ESP3 (or more?) means, each different coin, that's my understanding.

Eth for example got streamlined and automatically swapped on most exchanges, there was a movement about blockchain immutability that kept ETC the original eth chain alive and in turn created the secondary coin.

There is numerous coins that have done a swap, for example XAU became XAUR; SDC became PART.

BTC may fork and become BTU but they're most like eth where they're both technically running simultaneously at the moment.

AFAIK, BTC has already forked before the DAO/ETH night mare happen. So, I won't claim the fork event itself. But as you mentioned, if ESP is called and recognized ESP1 or ESP2, that's different story. ETH did fork but ETH holder before the folk can use ETH as well as after words of the night mare.

How about ESP? Are ESP1 and ESP2 can transfer into one wallet? My understanding is "no" - as far as I seek the ESP thread -  you need swap old one to new one right? If that circumstance, Polo will not list such coin.

If my understanding is wrong, let me know. When I got it, I may invest some to this coin as a gamble.  Cool

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
Provok

Activity: 1628
Merit: 583

Cryptopony

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:00:07 AM

Hello,

After 1 year of development, recently ESP rises from 0,3 Sat to 15 Sat. Price stuck at 15, because a lot of holders think - it's a good exit point. But my opinion - ESP will grow to 90-110 Sat, when all holders, who want exit, sell his espers. Personally, I will hold my espers, and made masternode, when it released.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:02:54 AM

Hello,

Maybe. Maybe not. It's up to you to decide, nobody here knows the future.  Wink

I won't hold you any responsibility for what you will say, I'm just curious about your thoughts.

I'm still holding all my ESP which means that I still expect some good profit from this on the long term. You may not get rich with this any more (like if you had bought one year ago) but there's still some nice profit to get if you are patient. At least 10x profit or so...

AFAIK, BTC has already forked before the DAO/ETH night mare happen. So, I won't claim the fork event itself. But as you mentioned, if ESP is called and recognized ESP1 or ESP2, that's different story. ETH did fork but ETH holder before the folk can use ETH as well as after words of the night mare.

How about ESP? Are ESP1 and ESP2 can transfer into one wallet? My understanding is "no" - as far as I seek the ESP thread -  you need swap old one to new one right? If that circumstance, Polo will not list such coin.

If my understanding is wrong, let me know. When I got it, I may invest some to this coin as a gamble.  Cool

Your understanding is right, ESP1 is incompatible with ESP2. It's not a hard fork but a swap to an entirely new chain. It was a decision that the developers deemed necessary. I wouldn't agree that Polo will not list it just for this single reason, if there are no other problems with it. ESP is going to be very innovative and the swap thing is an issue way of the past. ESP1 is abandoned and the ticker has been re-used for the new coin of the Espers project. All exchanges except Yobit have followed this decision.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:08:49 AM

Hello,

After 1 year of development, recently ESP rises from 0,3 Sat to 15 Sat. Price stuck at 15, because a lot of holders think - it's a good exit point. But my opinion - ESP will grow to 90-110 Sat, when all holders, who want exit, sell his espers. Personally, I will hold my espers, and made masternode, when it released.
Well if this would take some time its also better to sell your initial investment if happen that you got in a year ago you already have a big earnings so just in case but its still up to you as w seen the team are just there working behind and surprises the community with new updates. Good luck.
kame.japan2

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:35:10 AM

Hello,

Maybe. Maybe not. It's up to you to decide, nobody here knows the future.  Wink

I'm still holding all my ESP which means that I still expect some good profit from this on the long term. You may not get rich with this any more (like if you had bought one year ago) but there's still some nice profit to get if you are patient. At least 10x profit or so...

How about ESP? Are ESP1 and ESP2 can transfer into one wallet? My understanding is "no" - as far as I seek the ESP thread -  you need swap old one to new one right? If that circumstance, Polo will not list such coin.

If my understanding is wrong, let me know. When I got it, I may invest some to this coin as a gamble.  Cool

Your understanding is right, ESP1 is incompatible with ESP2. It's not a hard fork but a swap to an entirely new chain. It was a decision that the developers deemed necessary. I wouldn't agree that Polo will not list it just for this single reason, if there are no other problems with it. ESP is going to be very innovative and the swap thing is an issue way of the past. ESP1 is abandoned and the ticker has been re-used for the new coin of the Espers project. All exchanges except Yobit have followed this decision.

Thanks for the clarification, your education was very good for my study. Much appreciated!!  Wink

So, I understand yobit deal with ESP1 and others are moved to ESP2. Some of early adapters holding ESP1 lost chance to swap ESP1 to ESP2.

Then, ESP1 holders have to deal with Yobit or dispose it, or newly purchasing ESP2 with extra money.

That's the situation.

So, I can imagine like this. let's say, Polo list ESP2 and then, ESP1 holders and Yobit user send ESP1 to Polo. I guess  Polo will not accept it. But some users will claim to Polo why they don't accept it's same ESP ticker and probably sends a support ticket. I guess they don't want to deal with such support ticket.

There might be different story if yobit dispose ESP1 and everybody disregards ESP1 without question and any claim to dev.

I think the way to Polo is bit far at this point of time. Isn't it?   Huh

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:28:58 AM

Thanks for the clarification, your education was very good for my study. Much appreciated!!  Wink

So, I understand yobit deal with ESP1 and others are moved to ESP2. Some of early adapters holding ESP1 lost chance to swap ESP1 to ESP2.

Then, ESP1 holders have to deal with Yobit or dispose it, or newly purchasing ESP2 with extra money.

That's the situation.

So, I can imagine like this. let's say, Polo list ESP2 and then, ESP1 holders and Yobit user send ESP1 to Polo. I guess  Polo will not accept it. But some users will claim to Polo why they don't accept it's same ESP ticker and probably sends a support ticket. I guess they don't want to deal with such support ticket.

There might be different story if yobit dispose ESP1 and everybody disregards ESP1 without question and any claim to dev.

I think the way to Polo is bit far at this point of time. Isn't it?   Huh

You got it.  Smiley

It's not a question if Polo "accepts" it or not, because if the transaction is happening on the ESP1 chain, then it's not even visible on the ESP2 chain.

We are still trying to make Yobit delist ESP1 and list the new ESP (team has been trying to get in contact with them since many months).

Polo might be still some way to go, yes. But I'm confident that it will happen eventually, just as Yobit will eventually remove the old ESP market.

Shpetim

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:21:36 AM

If i when i have buy Espers coin 1 yers ago ,i not will had deposited Espers coin in wallet but i would have save it in account of one of the exchange stores , then it would happen this problem (so would it be necessary to do swap)?

If you would have stored them at an exchange, your funds would be lost as well, as all the swaps had to be done manually by the holders. Nobody can be "forced" to swap one coin to another. If some people decide not to do it, or miss the deadline, that is their own problem.
Since you say ; "as all the swaps had to be done manually by the holders"
Is there any way do manually swap ?
If yes , how can i to do this?
Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:24:45 AM

If i when i have buy Espers coin 1 yers ago ,i not will had deposited Espers coin in wallet but i would have save it in account of one of the exchange stores , then it would happen this problem (so would it be necessary to do swap)?

If you would have stored them at an exchange, your funds would be lost as well, as all the swaps had to be done manually by the holders. Nobody can be "forced" to swap one coin to another. If some people decide not to do it, or miss the deadline, that is their own problem.

There is no way to swap anymore. ESP at Yobit is not the same cryptocurrency as ESPERS that we are talking about here.
kazzzidy

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:58:36 PM

Hey there,
another question:
Does the stacking in ESP2 Wallet occur even when the computer is not running?

Thank you for the previous help.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:11:28 PM

Hey there,
another question:

The answer is no.

KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:12:28 PM

Hello, the swap periode already over, so you can't swap them anymore.

Hey there,
another question:

No, in order to stake, the wallet have to be online and running. So if your computer is not running, you can't stake at all. If you have spare computer / notebook, you can leave it open 24/7 or maybe get a vps (but cost too much if only for staking esper).

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:30:07 PM

Hello,

.... But my opinion - ESP will grow to 90-110 Sat, ...

It might go even higher. Say, 200 sats or 300 sats. That's only a 20x increase from 15 sats.

BTW dev, there's a third party dev who does Android wallets.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1587471

Can do staking and masternodes.

jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:40:04 PM

How do you stake coins in the wallet? I can't seem to find where to do it.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 822 »
  Print  

Jump to: