Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 11:23:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 [806] 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌  (Read 923789 times)
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:05:06 PM

I don't understand what you mean by closing the session with telnet, but I can ping the IPs just fine. I get back responses from them. My wallet used to connect and I earned lots of coins and then it stopped a few weeks ago and never connected again. Sucks because like this I cannot move all the coins I have. I have tried on two computers and get the same result. Do not understand what is going on.

Sorry I have not followed the discussion closely, you can try the following things:

• Make sure you are using the newest version of the wallet
  • Install the wallet software on a PC that you have not installed the wallet on before, or alternatively delete peers.dat in the data directory
  • Try using a VPN for the case that your internet provider is blocking connections or alternatively try out a different network (e.g. by going to a friend or family member who has a different internet provider)
  • Disable any antivirus software or desktop firewall which might be blocking connections

I did all this. I have the newest version of the wallet. I have installed it on a PC at work as well as two PCs at home. Clean install on one at work and one clean install at home. I have tried Tunnel Bear VPN with no joy and at my work it is a completely different ISP. I have checked the firewall and it is not blocking connections.

The wallet is occasionally connecting to one peer but it will disconnect after a short time. During the past three days it connected two days for a short time and I actually earned some coins but would be better if the wallet would stay connected all the time and to connect to more than one peer. I have used several peer lists I have found (and one posted here) and it makes no difference.

A simple test will be this ...

Get yourself a 'trial' or test VPS somewhere, or even a cheap one somewhere (like Digital Ocean - where we have a lot of ours) and follow the same procedures on that VPS. ISP like Digital Ocean do not have the restrictions that most home ISP have or are forced to have.

Follow the instructions to setup the VPS. Install the wallet (or compile if using linux of any flavour) and start the daemon there. Watch what happens.

If the SAME issues exist there, then you will need to look further into the issue.
If the issue has disappeared, then your local installation is the problem and will more than likely be the ISP itself for any reason.

Windows is the WORST OS to use for staking or MN in these sorts of cases due to the rubbish that comes with a standard OS like Windows. Which is why AntiVirus/AntiMalWare has always been big business. If you know ANYTHING about linux (we use Fedora but most use Ubuntu, though you can use almost any flavour of linux), then learn how to install and use that OS instead. It is a steep learning curve for those that don't know it, but is a far safer method of initiating a wallet like ESP for staking or anything else for that matter.

We will have a test of this when we get time, and it will be under CentOS 7 x64 if we can get it compiled in that linux distro, but that won't happen until we have the time. When we had our pool (http://citrine.chainworksindustries.com) running, the daemon/wallet was compiled under Debian and worked with only a few nodes added to start it. We had not tried the latest code though, so I cannot speak about the latest version.

#crysx

I will try Digital Ocean but I suspect the reason is due to being in Thailand. For some reason peers won't connect. I have tried on three different Thai ISPs all with the same result. Every few days the wallet will connect to one peer only for a short while and disconnect. I would say it is only connected less than one hour every three days or so.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:29:18 PM

I will try Digital Ocean but I suspect the reason is due to being in Thailand. For some reason peers won't connect. I have tried on three different Thai ISPs all with the same result. Every few days the wallet will connect to one peer only for a short while and disconnect. I would say it is only connected less than one hour every three days or so.

Very strange. So far you seem to be the only one having this problem. Hope you will be able to figure it out!

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 06:07:12 AM

Very strange. So far you seem to be the only one having this problem. Hope you will be able to figure it out!

Not necessarily mate ...

There are many that have had this problem on many different coins. We (CWI) had a russian bloke that could not mine BERN on our pools (I hope my mentioning another coin doesn't upset you Jon) when they were running, because their ISP banned all USA IP's at the time. So we created a mining proxy for him alone in the EU, which mined at our pool which was located on Digital Ocean Servers located in the USA. It all worked through the proxy, but not directly.

This is just an example of the hidden scumbag things the Governments do in secret, without notifying the users, which I believe MAY be what is happening here.

#crysx

marnav

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:03:05 AM

Hi everyone!

I was trying to install de new versión of the wallet but I have this error

https://i.imgur.com/XWWuwy8.jpg

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:50:01 AM

Hi everyone!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

I think you get this error once, run the wallet again, it should work fine.
If you get the error again try to move the .exe file from your download folder to another location, i.e. Desktop.

Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1131

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:04:12 PM

can anybody confirm if latest version is:
v0.8.7.5-Patch 6 Alpha

this is fine, right?
can't keep up with so much movement here...

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
marnav

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:54:41 PM

Hi everyone!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

If you get the error again try to move the .exe file from your download folder to another location, i.e. Desktop.

I tried that some times and nothing. Espers on FB didnt reply me yet. Is this altcoin dead?
bit010

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

Websites on the chain

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 07:02:03 PM

Hi everyone!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

I tried that some times and nothing. Espers on FB didnt reply me yet. Is this altcoin dead?

Espers project is alive and developing. Look at the github at the discord. Go to the official website and read the whitepaper

Espers is a Proof-Of-Work/Proof-Of-Stake (PoW/PoS) hybrid blockchain
Discord: https://discord.gg/QNvd729  Twitter:  https://twitter.com/EspersCoin
Reddit:   https://www.reddit.com/r/esperscoin/
bit010

Websites on the chain

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 07:06:09 PM

v0.8.7.5-Patch 6 Alpha

this is fine, right?

on github you can see the latest updates https://github.com/CryptoCoderz/Espers/releases

Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:32:28 PM

Hi everyone!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

Yesterday someone has had the same problem and we could sort it out on discord.
Was that you?

If not. Meet us please on discrod. It is easier to help in a chat, I think:
https://discord.gg/hhYP8yT
marnav

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:22:56 AM

Hi everyone!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

Yesterday someone has had the same problem and we could sort it out on discord.
Was that you?

If not. Meet us please on discrod. It is easier to help in a chat, I think:
https://discord.gg/hhYP8yT

No, I wasn´t. I dont have too much time to join to discord. There is another way?
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:50:30 AM

Currently this nodes are on right blockchain (has ~819800 blocks as in explorer):
Code:
80.211.102.142:22448
212.237.32.138:22448
42.51.33.196:22448
95.216.45.141:22448
46.232.248.142:22447
134.249.115.39:22448
76.237.131.44:22448
89.69.18.4:22448
76.237.131.42:22447
213.195.118.194:22448
194.87.235.171:22448
217.61.4.198:22448
80.211.27.133:22448
159.89.114.40:22448
80.211.102.238:22448
176.31.205.41:22448

Other ~70 nodes are on wrong blockchain. You can use esp-seed.coinspool.cc dns seed to connect a good node.
bit010

Websites on the chain

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 02:00:51 PM

CoinMin3r

Activity: 617
Merit: 506

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 03:06:31 PM

Happy 3rd anniversary ESPERS  Smiley Kiss Hearty congratulation to the whole team and the lead developer CryptoCoderz. OMG its already 3 years since I mined ESPERS. Since then I'm minting my coins till now and following this project. Good Luck for upcoming days/years.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1131

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:45:51 PM

v0.8.7.5-Patch 6 Alpha

this is fine, right?

on github you can see the latest updates https://github.com/CryptoCoderz/Espers/releases

indeed I'm on the newest version
thanks a lot for the github link, already starred it to keep in track.
glad to see that the project still has active development!
congrats on the 3 years!

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Jurgen69

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:58:50 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2019, 07:57:19 AM by Jurgen69

https://espers.io/roadmap.php
dox-ua

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:45:32 PM

I was a fairy-teller for 2 years....
what was the price of Espers two years ago you're didn't know, where have you been all this 700+ days, why first posting in april 2019, not 2017, 2018? how can you prove you're not that idle talker from Discord but a senior ESP holder?) Espers got issues as well as any coin got but it also got a Dev that is active. Happy 3 Year Anniversary for Espers Smiley
nullroute

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 01:21:44 AM

It's a waste of time for this coin - I was a holder for 2 years. The coin is three years old and is still useless and worthless. The only developer can only promise - just look at the roadmap. A year of lateness and nothing else, no idea. Look at the first page - nothing up to date even the exchanges are out of date "Alcurex, Btcpop" and this has been around for a year. The whole team is out of CC, although he also does nothing but spend his wallets with a new number. How can you promise that something will happen and do not do it for a year? It's no problem for administrators. They are blocking you just to ask nothing about Discord or Telegram. Xnode is not released for a year, but you can not ask for it either it is soon or very soon;). This coin is a joke. They promise 25% a year. They admit that it does not work. After two years with this coin I can say that it is max 10-12% per year. having a wallet in the top 100. Repeating this coin is a joke and this CC is a developer of at least one XDN (digitalnote), so it is not surprising that there is no time for this. After two years, he feels cheated because he has a Whitepaper coin. How can you promise every week that xnode will be released and move it all the time. I have screenshots where CC promised the release in December. It's April and we've been over a year since the xnode roadmap. I warn against investing in this coin because it is impossible to sell - after three years, the turnover on this coin is 0.05 btc per day. It is only possible on 4 stock exchanges, you can sell 0.03 btc per day, so think carefully before wasting capital. Greetings. And here I paste a roadmap without updating for 18 months which is the best business card of this coin;) https://espers.io/roadmap.php

I am also a developer.  Things happen man.  Timelines get pushed.  Bugs get found.  Life gets in the way.  This is a side project for him.  He is not working on it as a full time job.  Totally understandable.  But when developing things that have not been done yet (xnodes, POS4, etc) it takes time. 

Do you think SpaceX was on time with ever thing they had in their timelines initially?  I know it's a large comparison but hey.  They did stuff no one is doing.  it takes time. I am sure things got pushed due to technical problems, code had to be written, tested, tested, tested...  It took them 6 tries (if i recall correctly) before they landed their first stage successfully.

In my own personal experience I had a project for work that was slated on a 9 month timeline.  A year and half later we launched it.  You do not want to launch buggy code, untested code, code that could cause someone to loose capital, money, information.  Things take time.  Delays are a part of life.  You either live with them or you don't...

You can clearly see activity in the GitHub for Espers.   But if you want to dump your ESP I would gladly take some off your hands.  I have been accumulating since the start of this project and I am not slowing down any time soon!!

Much Respect,
Nullroute
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:07:01 AM

It's a waste of time for this coin - I was a holder for 2 years. The coin is three years old and is still useless and worthless. The only developer can only promise - just look at the roadmap. A year of lateness and nothing else, no idea. Look at the first page - nothing up to date even the exchanges are out of date "Alcurex, Btcpop" and this has been around for a year. The whole team is out of CC, although he also does nothing but spend his wallets with a new number. How can you promise that something will happen and do not do it for a year? It's no problem for administrators. They are blocking you just to ask nothing about Discord or Telegram. Xnode is not released for a year, but you can not ask for it either it is soon or very soon;). This coin is a joke. They promise 25% a year. They admit that it does not work. After two years with this coin I can say that it is max 10-12% per year. having a wallet in the top 100. Repeating this coin is a joke and this CC is a developer of at least one XDN (digitalnote), so it is not surprising that there is no time for this. After two years, he feels cheated because he has a Whitepaper coin. How can you promise every week that xnode will be released and move it all the time. I have screenshots where CC promised the release in December. It's April and we've been over a year since the xnode roadmap. I warn against investing in this coin because it is impossible to sell - after three years, the turnover on this coin is 0.05 btc per day. It is only possible on 4 stock exchanges, you can sell 0.03 btc per day, so think carefully before wasting capital. Greetings. And here I paste a roadmap without updating for 18 months which is the best business card of this coin;) https://espers.io/roadmap.php

I am also a developer.  Things happen man.  Timelines get pushed.  Bugs get found.  Life gets in the way.  This is a side project for him.  He is not working on it as a full time job.  Totally understandable.  But when developing things that have not been done yet (xnodes, POS4, etc) it takes time.  

Do you think SpaceX was on time with ever thing they had in their timelines initially?  I know it's a large comparison but hey.  They did stuff no one is doing.  it takes time. I am sure things got pushed due to technical problems, code had to be written, tested, tested, tested...  It took them 6 tries (if i recall correctly) before they landed their first stage successfully.

In my own personal experience I had a project for work that was slated on a 9 month timeline.  A year and half later we launched it.  You do not want to launch buggy code, untested code, code that could cause someone to loose capital, money, information.  Things take time.  Delays are a part of life.  You either live with them or you don't...

You can clearly see activity in the GitHub for Espers.   But if you want to dump your ESP I would gladly take some off your hands.  I have been accumulating since the start of this project and I am not slowing down any time soon!!

Much Respect,
Nullroute

I can understand the frustration of @Jurgen69 since I can confirm that most of his points are true. The roadmap is very delayed, but as you said it happens I can understand. But even if this is a side project for the developer let's admit he is not capable of developing this coin/project, he deosn't have the skills to do it. For example I know a project (I won't reveal the name in here to not make covered advertising) where 1 core dev alone from the team implemented masternodes in just under 1 month on a coin built from scratch and this dev can't fix a damn POS percentage in months, I bet a skilled core dev can fix this in one day with 2-3 lines of code.
Anyway I just wonder why he doesn't get away and let other, capable devs, to code and develop this project so that everyone be happy.
And the XNODES implementation is just a joke, is not delayed for a year because he didn't had the time or skills to make it happen, but because you can't do it unless you start a new chain, like it happened with his 'other side project' INSANE coin and who knows how many others.
Friendly tip: Just let it go and forgot about this shitcoin, forget about the promises of XNODES and SITE ON CHAIN because it won't happen in this century unless some other devs take the lead.
Peace!

bit010

Websites on the chain

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 04:55:49 AM

I am also a developer.  Things happen man.  Timelines get pushed.  Bugs get found.  Life gets in the way.  This is a side project for him.  He is not working on it as a full time job.  Totally understandable.  But when developing things that have not been done yet (xnodes, POS4, etc) it takes time.  

Do you think SpaceX was on time with ever thing they had in their timelines initially?  I know it's a large comparison but hey.  They did stuff no one is doing.  it takes time. I am sure things got pushed due to technical problems, code had to be written, tested, tested, tested...  It took them 6 tries (if i recall correctly) before they landed their first stage successfully.

In my own personal experience I had a project for work that was slated on a 9 month timeline.  A year and half later we launched it.  You do not want to launch buggy code, untested code, code that could cause someone to loose capital, money, information.  Things take time.  Delays are a part of life.  You either live with them or you don't...

You can clearly see activity in the GitHub for Espers.   But if you want to dump your ESP I would gladly take some off your hands.  I have been accumulating since the start of this project and I am not slowing down any time soon!!

Much Respect,
Nullroute

I can understand the frustration of @Jurgen69 since I can confirm that most of his points are true. The roadmap is very delayed, but as you said it happens I can understand. But even if this is a side project for the developer let's admit he is not capable of developing this coin/project, he deosn't have the skills to do it. For example I know a project (I won't reveal the name in here to not make covered advertising) where 1 core dev alone from the team implemented masternodes in just under 1 month on a coin built from scratch and this dev can't fix a damn POS percentage in months, I bet a skilled core dev can fix this in one day with 2-3 lines of code.
Anyway I just wonder why he doesn't get away and let other, capable devs, to code and develop this project so that everyone be happy.
And the XNODES implementation is just a joke, is not delayed for a year because he didn't had the time or skills to make it happen, but because you can't do it unless you start a new chain, like it happened with his 'other side project' INSANE coin and who knows how many others.
Friendly tip: Just let it go and forgot about this shitcoin, forget about the promises of XNODES and SITE ON CHAIN because it won't happen in this century unless some other devs take the lead.
Peace!

It's funny to read. lol/ You carry FUD. If you were in the project and watched all the updates, then you would know that the project does not stand still. The project is developing. Watch the github, discord. On the discord, everything is discussed by the team.

Pages: « 1 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 [806] 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 »
  Print  

Jump to: