Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reversal!  (Read 4454 times)
gmiwenht

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:20:51 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 10:29:13 PM by gmiwenht

[deleted]

1xsBEUVzo6EtAST5Bq96AztiTR5mBXNzt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:30:36 PM

as always, if you used my analysis to your benefit in any way, please contribute and i will continue to post publicly, free of charge. i do put a lot of effort into my work and subscription-only analysis leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

link ?

... to what? i post the conclusions of my analysis here. if you have any questions or special requests i'll be more than happy to elaborate.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 06:20:35 AM

this thing really is starting to look like it might roll over

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 07:32:46 AM

this thing really is starting to look like it might roll over

still too much noise to say. the bear signals on the daily chart are not strong enough, and we're still within strong support/resistance trendlines.

-===-

-===-

if you notice, the same triangle pattern with bearish breakout happened around the first of February and yet we continued the uptrend thereafter. still could just be a consolidating bull market letting off some steam. nothing conclusive yet...

reversal risk: medium

-arepo
if you profit from me, help keep it free!

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 12:59:20 AM

checkmate, bulls!

DAILY scale:

-===-

-===-

the mass index is the most important signal here. generally, the reversal doesn't take trend until the volatility at least peaks, and often not until it reaches back below the marked threshold.

market status: consolidating bull trend

reversal risk: high

a completed MACD crossover should confirm:

-===-

-===-

-arepo
if you profit from me, help keep it free!

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 11:32:47 AM

checkmate, bulls!

Looks convincing. How low do you think we'll go? How much do you think I should deposit to Mt.Gox to profit the most?

I have been waiting for so long to finally buy my first coins, and it is not only me - there are dozens in the same situation that I know, thousands in the city, and millions in the world. We want correction, and we want it now.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 11:41:51 AM

checkmate, bulls!

Looks convincing. How low do you think we'll go? How much do you think I should deposit to Mt.Gox to profit the most?

I have been waiting for so long to finally buy my first coins, and it is not only me - there are dozens in the same situation that I know, thousands in the city, and millions in the world. We want correction, and we want it now.

lol, mayby correction to $60 will be soon :-)
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:41:25 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2013, 07:30:50 AM by lebing

Its exactly this reason that its not going to go down. Buy tonight or kiss your opportunity to buy under 30 goodbye. Once it crosses 32, its not going back under.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 07:02:56 AM

checkmate, bulls!

the mass index is the most important signal here. generally, the reversal doesn't take trend until the volatility at least peaks, and often not until it reaches back below the marked threshold.

I don't think you are using mass index correctly here. You were using them correctly on the 6-hour and 2-hour charts, because on those scales the bulges corresponded to counter-trend, downward volatility bursts.

But the reason the MACD and the Slow Stochastic don't seem to be confirming is because they are oscillators. They work when the system is closed, but go out of whack if new money is entering the system (or leaving).

That's why the non-oscillating indicators (OBV and Accumulation/Distribution) work better for evaluating the medium/long-term trends, IMHO (see below).

Are you just cherry-picking? I will have different conclusion by choosing different time-scale: more bullish (or less bearish) for the longer term

also, will you post these charts? i am interested in counterdata.

e.g. look at the mass index at 12 hours interval, it is below the blue line since 6 Feb and we had a non-stop rally.

If OBV were unchanged on an upward burst, you could expect a reversal/retrace to follow. But here the trend is up and strong. This should relieve some fear of reversal. As long as we haven't gone exponential and bid depth stays strong, I don't see reason to expect it unless there's some bad news which triggers a big downward burst (one visible on the 12-hour or daily chart).

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:32:24 AM

+1 for the good chart. very good analysis there. i think it may be time to let this thread die, finally.

bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:49:00 AM

+1 for the good chart. very good analysis there. i think it may be time to let this thread die, finally.

Thanks. You, good sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. I learned a lot analyzing your charts, the result you see above.

until the reversal
Cheers!

oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:00:03 AM

Arepo is a good guy, he doesn't talk trash, just a bit easily overexcited sometimes. Besides, long term he is a bull, don't be mistaken.

I think we should welcome any bearish input as long as it's not trolling or devised to incite fears.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:08:42 AM

Arepo is a good guy, he doesn't talk trash, just a bit easily overexcited sometimes. Besides, long term he is a bull, don't be mistaken.

I think we should welcome any bearish input as long as it's not trolling or devised to incite fears.
He doesn't talk trash? "Checkmate, bulls?"  Cheesy

Glad we're all on the same side in the end.

oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:11:39 AM

He doesn't talk trash? "Checkmate, bulls?"  Cheesy

Glad we're all on the same side in the end.

That's what I would call overexcitement, trash is when you say something which you don't even care to back up.

Yup, as we all know, bitcoin is a Go game, there is no such thing as a "checkmate" even if the downtrend were confirmed.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:28:16 AM

For anyone curious, arepo posed some good questions in a thread I started back in April at $5 about OBV.

Thanks for the on-going healthy and articulate skepticism.

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:53:55 AM

For anyone curious, arepo posed some good questions in a thread I started back in April at $5 about OBV.

Thanks for the on-going healthy and articulate skepticism.

thanks for the backup, and you too, oak. Smiley

although i was pretty pretentious in that thread Tongue

Yup, as we all know, bitcoin is a Go game, there is no such thing as a "checkmate" even if the downtrend were confirmed.

and i see what you did there hah

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: