News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you ever lost Bitcoin?
Yes, but my own fault
Yes, but I was scammed
No, I've never lost Bitcoin
No, but I've lost Altcoins

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever lost Bitcoin?  (Read 46849 times)
mrrtderp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:36:49 AM

I made the mistake of leaving coins at Cryptsy years ago only to come back recently and find them shut down.  Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:46:05 AM

I made the mistake of leaving coins at Cryptsy years ago only to come back recently and find them shut down.  Sad
Very sad to lost bitcoin, but sometimes it will gives us more learning to be careful into the next thing we do in our bitcoin, i think now you will be more extra careful on the site that you invest.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:03:59 PM

Very sad to lost bitcoin, but sometimes it will gives us more learning to be careful into the next thing we do in our bitcoin, i think now you will be more extra careful on the site that you invest.

mistakes would   make us learn in our  journey with bitcoin and  for sure we wont  make the same mistake again since we are already aware of it. We do lack of knowledge  thats why we commit mistakes which is normal for me and i treat it as a stepping stone  to my success because  i assume that no one didnt commit a mistake  in the beggining.

phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:08:25 PM

I have lost bitcoin once or twice this was because i was trading and did a few bad trades which resulted in a loss of bitcoin.
But nowadays im more careful when trading and I trade with way smaller amounts then I used to.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:10:23 PM

Have you ever lost Bitcoin?

If that happened, why?   Was it your own fault,  or were you scammed?

"Your own fault" or "were yo scammed" are the same thing if you ask me , because if you get scammed then it was your fault for not using escrow in your transaction or trusting people just like that or simply using reversible payment methods . and no , I never lost any bitcoins and I'm not planning to start now . Grin

Using trusted escrows has been proven to not be always a guarantee for safety. In that case it is very difficult to avoid being scammed here on this forum, even while using trusted forum escrows. Regarding OP; I am happy to say that I have not lost any coins.

Just because Master-P scammed people doesn't mean all escrows are bad , but yes you got a point . Still , 99% of scam accusations on Bitcointalk are totally the fault of people who gets scammed .
I dont think there are allot of people who losed bitcoina and if they losed bitcoins i know for sure that they got scammed by hackers because i think bitcoins can easily be hacked.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:14:28 PM

I have lost bitcoin once or twice this was because i was trading and did a few bad trades which resulted in a loss of bitcoin.
But nowadays im more careful when trading and I trade with way smaller amounts then I used to.

It's something incredible lessons within me, because it is trading should be done in a manner that carefully in doing so, because in our pursuit of trading uncertainty so we must always see it in different ways. When we wrong in seeing it then the defeat we will get. But from your event, I am sure that you have something very great reason in being an extraordinary trader
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:31:04 PM

There are much people who losed bitcoins not all of them i hope but when you lose one bitcoin it is a big disaster because one bitcoin is already more than 600 dollar and that is not nothing!!
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:37:44 PM

I haven't lost bitcoin but few months ago i have lost in altcoin that turn out to be scamcoin and now it is almost dead coin. I even can't sell it, so i think i have lost all bitcoin invested in that altcoin.
haankoammu

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:51:36 PM

I have lost few bitcents before on few occasions but these where my fault, The address was receiving few payments but the private key was already in a computer than was formatted. Had accounts at inputs.io and mtgox but no BTC at them at that time.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:17:51 PM

I have lost few bitcents before on few occasions but these where my fault, The address was receiving few payments but the private key was already in a computer than was formatted. Had accounts at inputs.io and mtgox but no BTC at them at that time.

Well at least these coins will never touch the real owners neither will be used by anyone, but I have seen guys which saw vanity address and the private key in public (like the one in github) and started receiving money but in fact the private key of this address is publicly posted and everyone can use it.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 11:43:29 PM

There are much people who losed bitcoins not all of them i hope but when you lose one bitcoin it is a big disaster because one bitcoin is already more than 600 dollar and that is not nothing!!

It is not just a single bitcoin because it has really a big amount if you are going to exchange that into fiat. Good thing that I haven't lost that big amount  in my history to bitcoin the biggest amount that I have lost is that only 0.005 BTC and that is when I became a victim of hyip because I was still new in bitcoin that time and good thing also that I didn't invest all my savings.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:52:50 AM

I never lost bitcoins and I'm pretty happy about it, I think that losing bitcoins is not good at all and the fact is that you need to control it good.
Always check your wallets and your PC for any suspicion you are having.
resilientknight

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:47:25 AM

On rare occasions, when I was  trading. It is an unpredictable market,  as they say. But over time you  learn how to make better  movements. It is important to be always up to  date with the news and  development of the crypto projects.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:43:17 AM

On rare occasions, when I was  trading. It is an unpredictable market,  as they say. But over time you  learn how to make better  movements. It is important to be always up to  date with the news and  development of the crypto projects.

Its not a rare occasion since in doing trading we normally experience this kind of thing because  we can predict the market price on any time basis.  Mistakes  at first are just normal  because we learn from it  so that  in the next move we know already  what to do, even the market price is  volatile we could lessen the risk  if we got already the  trading pattern and  things that must be considered. Lossing bitcoin in trading  is not a rare thing.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ironm@n

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:24:29 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 07:15:45 AM by ironm@n

I lost some altcoins trading cause i wansn't attentive and tried to have a deal with random guy that i found online, now i am more careful in this case.
it is better not to have any deals with strangers online because you might lose a lot of money really easy, i lost bitcoins only on gambling
Yeah I do have lost some Bitcoin but that was because I was to greedy and busy with gambling at the time. Bt know I have learned on how to save money.
I do not lose my Bitcoin anymore because that is latterly a waist if you mange to do that.
Sometimes I have lost small amounts... But if  you have proper care and follow the safety  recommendations, to prevent such things from  happening, probably will not have major problems.
buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:40:43 PM

I lost 0.06BTC in a coinbase account, actually my fault back in 2014, i forgot password and also the email id which i used, since i was new to bitcoin at that time, i was little scared of spam emails to my inbox and used a temporary email id.

Next one is 0.23BTC in Invested for doubling in 2xbitco.in. obviously i was so dumb to realize bitcoin is a currency at that time. i though bitcoin was some kind of coins given by some site for doing jobs or for some kind of activity in their site.
livinglegend

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:42:42 AM

Yes, sometimes and most of the times I have lost in gambling, but I have never invested in any cloud mining sites or else, my loss would be even higher at this stage.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:44:31 AM

Yes, sometimes and most of the times I have lost in gambling, but I have never invested in any cloud mining sites or else, my loss would be even higher at this stage.

Yeah it was smart decision of not investing in any cloud mining site, I have always been away from those sites but have lost many times in gambling in the past and the journey still continues.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:57:48 AM

Hash ocean mining scam is number one, Bitcoin Doubling, even some faucet that fail to pay after performing the required task
I never trust those website Scheme Ponzi website are not real one where they offering cloud mining services and after a long run they going to scam people and also some faucet are offering high of earning in satoshi are scammed too lots of people are creating crap site to earn money.

Yeah and this sites have become a real headache for its users as it creates bad image of bitcoin in the minds of people who wants to enter the world of bitcoins.
Yes if the weebsite are turn into scam after you deposited a minute ago and you realize the schem ponzi scambug website are not paying investors at all thats a really messed you've done in your life traing is much more appropriate for me you can resell the coins if ever.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:38:30 PM

Hash ocean mining scam is number one, Bitcoin Doubling, even some faucet that fail to pay after performing the required task
I never trust those website Scheme Ponzi website are not real one where they offering cloud mining services and after a long run they going to scam people and also some faucet are offering high of earning in satoshi are scammed too lots of people are creating crap site to earn money.

Yeah and this sites have become a real headache for its users as it creates bad image of bitcoin in the minds of people who wants to enter the world of bitcoins.
Yes if the weebsite are turn into scam after you deposited a minute ago and you realize the schem ponzi scambug website are not paying investors at all thats a really messed you've done in your life traing is much more appropriate for me you can resell the coins if ever.

Its better not to get greedy and be satisfied with what we are earning at a moment as those sites will surely scam  you and disappear with your money in long run.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: