Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:46:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which country does NOT use Bitcoin?  (Read 6726 times)
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:31:24 PM

How about Vatican city? There was an April fool about it, but I think in reality I have not heard anything related to bitcoin from the 842 people state...
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:42:17 PM

i think every single country has some people that have heard about bitcoin and are using it, and there is not really anything anybody can do about that either.
but there is a big difference between people using bitcoin and bitcoin being actually used in the country like having a local exchanger or having local businesses accept bitcoin and more importantly have laws about bitcoin by government.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:52:02 PM

How about Vatican city? There was an April fool about it, but I think in reality I have not heard anything related to bitcoin from the 842 people state...

I think there must be at least 1 person in every country in the world who has heard about Bitcoin. Now how many of them are actually using Bitcoin every day is a whole different story. I don't know how we can determine the general usage in ever country unless we hire a statistician to run a research in every country in the world and then compare the results. Who is going to fund such an endeavor?  Grin

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:02:30 PM

From Wikipedia[1] i see than in Taiwan and in Ecuador it is banned to use bitcoin, but there are also some more countries which can be found here: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/top-10-countries-bitcoin-banned/

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

That's interesting - it tends to mainly be countries in Asia that have banned BTC. Not a single African country has bothered - so I guess that is where we'll see growth, especially with the m-Pesa network. Wouldn't it be funny if African leapfrogged Asia simply because they took the decision to accept bitcoin's ground-breaking technology but the Asians didn't? History is full of small decisions like this having massive repercussions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:13:58 PM

From Wikipedia[1] i see than in Taiwan and in Ecuador it is banned to use bitcoin, but there are also some more countries which can be found here: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/top-10-countries-bitcoin-banned/

That's interesting - it tends to mainly be countries in Asia that have banned BTC. Not a single African country has bothered - so I guess that is where we'll see growth, especially with the m-Pesa network. Wouldn't it be funny if African leapfrogged Asia simply because they took the decision to accept bitcoin's ground-breaking technology but the Asians didn't? History is full of small decisions like this having massive repercussions.

actually bitcoin is relatively popular in Africa.
especially because of the many humanitarian charities that used bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to help out in Africa as charities.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:20:32 PM

Hard question to answer.  Bitcoin is global but some governments have tried to "ban" bitcoin.  That is not possible.  Soon all countries will freely use bitcoin if all goes well.  Grin

I love Bitcoin
richkellj

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:31:35 PM

Maybe this year they thought about april fool on this coin, but next year they will use in real.
katiecbell

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:32:24 PM

i think every single country has some people that have heard about bitcoin and are using it, and there is not really anything anybody can do about that either.
but there is a big difference between people using bitcoin and bitcoin being actually used in the country like having a local exchanger or having local businesses accept bitcoin and more importantly have laws about bitcoin by government.

If you know about the coins, spread the news to your surroundings.  Smiley
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:35:27 PM

Maybe this year they thought about april fool on this coin, but next year they will use in real.
Personally, I highly doubt that there will be anyone in the Vatican using Bitcoin a year from now if they are not using it already. Being a holy state, I have a feeling they limit the availability of Internet to some extent, but considering it is the Vatican you never know.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 05:08:34 PM

I'm sure OP want list of country that not use bitcoin,not country have been banned to use bitcoin. two kind of that almost same,that country not use bitcoin because they not want or they goverment banned their people to use bitcoin. people here mention about north korea,i'm sure they not use bitcoin,even they used,goverment will ban bitcoin.

It is almost the same thing, where bitcoin is banned there is not use of it (officially) but i think that countries or areas where there is not internet connection (which almost half of the world population don't have) there is not used bitcoin.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2976

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 05:57:33 PM

Honestly i really dont know if which country does not use bitcoin.. how about the bankok they are using bitcoin or not?

Dear everyone!

I am writing my thesis about Bitcoin. I would like to ask for your HELP!

If you have a few minutes please fill the following survey: -snip-
You chould help a LOT! I have faith in humanity and mankind, so come on people... Sad Smiley

Thank you!!

You are trying hard to promote your link and i think this is not the best place to post it here in our forum also you are just spamming it in any threads...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:01:28 PM

I'm sure OP want list of country that not use bitcoin,not country have been banned to use bitcoin. two kind of that almost same,that country not use bitcoin because they not want or they goverment banned their people to use bitcoin. people here mention about north korea,i'm sure they not use bitcoin,even they used,goverment will ban bitcoin.

It is almost the same thing, where bitcoin is banned there is not use of it (officially) but i think that countries or areas where there is not internet connection (which almost half of the world population don't have) there is not used bitcoin.
I honestly think every country has someone that is using the bitcoin, for some people it will maybe be someone that is very dark but in some country's its of course also legal and more people are using it in such country's.
I think a lot of people are using it and at some country's only a few people maybe use it although its banned.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:03:34 PM

Well there are a lot of factors to keep in mind when going about this question. In some countries there are no Bitcoin ATM's or the Bitcoin exchanges don't provide service to these areas. Now I don't know if there are any countries other than the ones which already have banned Bitcoin obviously which are excluded by the exchanges for whatever reason. You would need to do a Google search for that one. In other countries there are no online retailers accepting Bitcoin payments so you can't spend your coins on anything. In some other unfortunate countries there are no Bitcoin exchanges or retailers plus there are limited electricity and Internet connection on top of that like in Africa. So which country does not use Bitcoin is a very broad question with a lot of different answers if you take into consideration all the different angles. I think we need an expert on geopolitics and Bitcoin to answer your question satisfactorily.
BitcoinSupremo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:31:42 PM

I know I have asked an extremely difficult question to be answered precisely but thank you all for the inputs, I really appreciate it(not doing any survey , just personal curiosity).

A polite note :
To spam post shitters, please read the entire topic carefully before posting shit over and over again. Thank you.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:12:51 PM

I thin majority of Asian countries are not using it and especially the Indians, as majority of them are not aware about it and rest cannot use only because the Government is not supporting it.
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:17:43 PM

It would be very interesting to know if a Bitcoin transaction has ever been made from and, or, to North Korea.

Kim Jong-Un, in case you're reading this, what's your Monero address?
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:23:29 PM

I think every country has 1 user that is using the bitcoin, in some country's they are banned but I think this could not stop them using it in my opinion.
I think some people in that kind of country's are still using it.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:32:33 PM

I think everyone in the world with internet users are using bitcoins, you can search on google that which countries do not have internet then will you find.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 09:19:34 PM

It would be very interesting to know if a Bitcoin transaction has ever been made from and, or, to North Korea.

Kim Jong-Un, in case you're reading this, what's your Monero address?
I think North Korea is the only country where are any bitcoin users, because there about 99% of people don't have accsess to worldvide internet network and those who can use internet don't try to use bitcoins because it's it's restricted and very risky to use it.

a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 09:23:25 PM

I believe that wherever is there an internet connection -even a slow one- , you will find bitcoin users. people always are looking for freedom in their money transactions which they can find in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: