Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which country does NOT use Bitcoin?  (Read 6726 times)
pandalion98

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 04:24:59 PM

I was inspired by many topics, Do Arabs use Bitcoin, Can kids have bitcoin, How to motivate girl to have bitcoin etc, I think a real question unanswered until now would be

Which country does NOT use Bitcoin? And I am not talking about countries who have given a ban to Bitcoin, as I know Bitcoin cannot be truly banned. Should we say this country doesn't exist or you might have any ideas.

I think North Korea and Cuba are far from Bitcoin.
as far as i know. i guess there africa not use bitcoin. In short they have nothing about bitcoin. because there is no internet😃
There's bitcoin presence in at least some parts of Africa. They even have exchanges and stuff.

https://localbitcoins.com/country/ZA
http://www.bitcoinzar.co.za/
https://ice3x.com/
https://www.bitx.co/in/za/en/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:48:07 PM

As a start i know my country doesnt use bitcoin, its mean there are no store or any people accept bitcoin as a payment, there are only few country in asia that has bitcoin store
Try introducing them to bitcoin and maybe go to school assemblies teaching the audience about bitcoins sooner or later they will start using it this could've been done a few years back and we could've built bitcoin much more strongly in to the world of virtual currency.
What?are you kidding me?they still children and education are more better than know about bitcoin, it's too difficult to can do it.
Maybe, schools will never permit you to introduce for them.
i dont even think that school gonna introduce bitcoin here, because the kids is learning education. not to learning how to make money
because the money thing is the parent's duty to fund their children. so school is a bad idea to start bitcoin knowledge
Yes, this is stupidity no school will teach what Bitcoin is. This is not necessary for them because why kids want to learn about bitcoin. They are going school to learn Education not how to make money. And more important thing is if we teach what Bitcoin kids is they will never understand this. The elder people can take some months to know so how can kids learn this huh.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:01:11 PM

As a start i know my country doesnt use bitcoin, its mean there are no store or any people accept bitcoin as a payment, there are only few country in asia that has bitcoin store
Try introducing them to bitcoin and maybe go to school assemblies teaching the audience about bitcoins sooner or later they will start using it this could've been done a few years back and we could've built bitcoin much more strongly in to the world of virtual currency.
What?are you kidding me?they still children and education are more better than know about bitcoin, it's too difficult to can do it.
i dont even think that school gonna introduce bitcoin here, because the kids is learning education. not to learning how to make money
because the money thing is the parent's duty to fund their children. so school is a bad idea to start bitcoin knowledge
Yes, this is stupidity no school will teach what Bitcoin is. This is not necessary for them because why kids want to learn about bitcoin. They are going school to learn Education not how to make money. And more important thing is if we teach what Bitcoin kids is they will never understand this. The elder people can take some months to know so how can kids learn this huh.
i personally do not know that which country are not using bitcoin. because i know about a lot of countries that there people are using bitocin. but i also heard from the people that in Amazon they do not use bitcoin. now i am confused that either their people are not using bitcoin or the state is no allowing the people to use bitocin. i heard about that Russia has also banned bitcoin but i think there people are still using bitociin and doing trade in it then why the people of Amazon are not doing so.
mishra1994u

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:03:37 PM

I think every country uses bitcoin nowdays...i means atleast some person from each country have heard about bitcoins and use them in their life...usage will be less or more in different countries..
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:17:13 PM

I believe every country at least have a single user who had known about bitcoin and using it. Whether the country gives access or not is secondary.
i think. africa not using bitcoin. because they have nothing about bitcoin, because they have no internet there
Africa means a whole continent so,... I think there are many country having internet access so... They can know about bitcoins but there is something that's stopping them to use it Cheesy..
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:10:49 PM

I was inspired by many topics, Do Arabs use Bitcoin, Can kids have bitcoin, How to motivate girl to have bitcoin etc, I think a real question unanswered until now would be

Which country does NOT use Bitcoin? And I am not talking about countries who have given a ban to Bitcoin, as I know Bitcoin cannot be truly banned. Should we say this country doesn't exist or you might have any ideas.

as far as i know. i guess there africa not use bitcoin. In short they have nothing about bitcoin. because there is no internet😃
I think we cant say that africa citizen arrent using bitcoin , internet connection their are very few but they might find a way to use bitcoin. 
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:25:17 PM

for me. all users even have country because bitcoin bitcoin is open for all eligible can register and use anytime anywhere. or if any had been using bitcoin maybe by the country of Africa because there is no internet at them and then maybe not as if any connection there. but im not sure if I am right because they suffered in the water how about the internet. 😂
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:39:00 PM

I dont think that there are countrys where no one has a bitcoin maybe the first one i thought about
was noord korean they are in such a difficult situation with kim yung un you know i dont think they have allot of bitcoin users.
ripplehd

Activity: 154

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:24:02 AM

mostly the asian and south american countries they seem to have strict guidelines and rules on which monies should be used in there area and how it can earn you some jail time if digital currency is used. I found out about it here

rphk

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:37:18 AM

Main thing is to use bitcoin since it is digital currency it requires computer usage , the country which is not developed like not developed in terms of Computers , online network etc will not be using the bitcoin:)

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:48:46 AM

I do not know which countries make use of the Bitcoin but were I am from you can use the Bitcoin at some shops.
I do think that more countries are going to be using the Bitcoin in the future.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:00:29 PM

i'm sure there are using bitcoin in Africa because there is definitely internet network. may be for using bitcoin there is not as easy as in other countries but I am sure there are some among them who may be in this forum.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:22:52 PM

Well IMO all countries are using bitcoin because even if the government doesn't now someone can use it. Well if you'll ask me a particular place where someone isn't using bitcoin, ill say that antartica are not using bitcoin since there is no internet there I think.
Haha  Grin I totally agree. Even if the governments are using it the citizens of the country might be using it. Bitcoins are made illegal in some of the
countries but still people are using it. Bitcoins are decentralized global currency. It's used around the globe.
Asnatin

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:45:00 AM

Well IMO all countries are using bitcoin because even if the government doesn't now someone can use it. Well if you'll ask me a particular place where someone isn't using bitcoin, ill say that antartica are not using bitcoin since there is no internet there I think.
Haha  Grin I totally agree. Even if the governments are using it the citizens of the country might be using it. Bitcoins are made illegal in some of the
countries but still people are using it. Bitcoins are decentralized global currency. It's used around the globe.

If the bitcoin is made illegal in my country, I will not use it. But it is classified by tax authority as property. So I use it.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:59:07 AM

Hi BitcoinSupremo I am glad that you have opened this topic so a lot of people will also have the knowledge regarding this. To help you, I made a research regarding the topic that you posted and here is what I found out.Top 10 Places Where Bitcoin is Banned

Bangladesh

In a statement the Central Bank of Bangladesh cited concerns over bitcoin’s lack of “a central payment system” which could lead to people being “financially harmed”. It invoked the provisions of the Foreign Currency Control Act of 1947 and the Money Laundering Control Act of 2012. Then, added that trading in bitcoin and other digital currencies could lead to a punishment of up to 12 years in prison.

“Bitcoin is not a legal tender of any country. Any transaction through Bitcoin or any other crypto-currency is a punishable offense,” the bank said in an official statement last September.
The ban comes as an enforcement of sections 4,5 and 8 of the 1947 law that regulate trading in foreign currency without authorization or general permission from the central bank. Section 5 severely restricts payments did outside Bangladesh, which affect bitcoin payments.

Bolivia

The central bank of Bolivia, El Banco Central de Bolivia said in a statement:

“It is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a government or an authorized entity.”
China

It is a common misconception that bitcoin and digital currency are totally banned and illegal in China, but China has become the world’s largest bitcoin trading market. The bitcoin ban is strictly on banks, as the central banking authority, The People’s Bank of China is owned 70% by the Chinese government. Banking institutions and employees are banned from engaging in bitcoin business through banking, as well as servicing or doing business with the bitcoin industry. Trading or mining in bitcoin is not illegal for common citizens.

Ecuador

The ban by Ecuador makes the most sense of any ban, as they are building a national electronic cash system, so they feel the need to protect their new currency from something clearly superior. A decentralized currency of finite production that cannot be manipulated by governments or banks might dim the lights on their new program in the eyes of the public, which offers none of those benefits.

Iceland

As of March 19, 2014 the Central Bank of Iceland issued a statement explaining the legal status of digital currency in Iceland. Purchasing them may violate the Icelandic Foreign Exchange Act, which specifies that Icelandic currency cannot leave the country. A nebulous designation, but it sounds like it is banned, in effect.

India

Indian BankBTCXIndia was the first bitcoin exchange designed and built in India. While following KYC and AML guidelines, and allowing instant INR (Indian rupee) deposits and withdrawals, BTCXIndia was forced to close by their bank, which no longer services bitcoin businesses. The reasons are unknown, whether it is based on a perceived risk or just a simple ban by management, but the issue is widespread in India.

“We have today been informed by our bank that they will no longer serve bitcoin businesses,” the notice stated. “We have investigated the possibility to operate through other banks, but it seems this is a general policy in India as of today.”
Russia

Even with the recent legal victory in Ural recently, setting a legal precedent to lift the banning of websites related to bitcoin and other digital currencies, bitcoin is banned in practice, if not officially legal yet. With the Russian ruble rebounding, but still down over 30% from January 2014, banks and the national government aren’t looking kindly on those who are investing in other currencies, digital or not.

Gold purchases are frowned upon in Russia, so proceed with caution.

Sweden

Bitcoin has suffered a small banning in the buying and selling of scrap metal and “waste products”. This sets a bad precedent of government interference for the future, but so far the ban is restricted to this industry by all accounts.

Thailand

According to news reports, the Bank of Thailand ruled bitcoin illegal on July 29, 2013. However, it appears “it issued a preliminary ruling that using bitcoins . . . was illegal because of a lack of existing laws” in the case of a currency exchange license application by Bitcoin Co. Ltd.

Bitcoin businesses have been able to conduct business and get licensing, but the ban technically is still there, if not in practice currently.

Vietnam

Back in February of 2014, Vietnam banned the virtual currency bitcoin for use by credit institutions, citing its ease of use for criminal purposes and its high risk for investors.

“Transaction by bitcoin is highly anonymous so bitcoin can become a tool for crimes like money laundering, drug trafficking, tax evasion, illegal payment,” the central bank said in a statement
While not officially banned for personal use but discouraged. This seems to be the most common thread in nation-states throughout the world. Trust the central bank’s currency and do not trust algorithmic currency. If you trust your country’s central bank to look after your economic interests, you’re golden. If not, at least you have a choice. Your central bank’s national currency, or the world’s first global, decentralized, mathematical currency.   

I would like to acknowledge CNN for this.
marcuslong
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:02:43 PM

Well you are right. the school will not teach Bitcoins as for now since bitcoins are not yet widely acceptable in all countries since there are still countries who banned their people from using it. But I think when the time comes that bitcoins are widely used and acceptable, for sure it will be acknowledge and will become part of other subjects. Like for example about financial management, since bitcoin is a currency for sure it might be mentioned during that subject.
marcuslong
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:08:10 PM

Yes you are both right. If the government will set an example by using bitcoins in making their transactions for sure the citizens will be more encourage to use it since their government was also using it. Imagine if bitcoins will be used someday in paying our taxes to the government. ahah That would be awesome right? But I don't think that will be possible since bitcoin are very volative. Its price flactuates every second which will make it hard for the government to account them.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:38:53 PM

In my country , the gov still think bitcoin is useless but it doesn't mean bitcoin is illegal here.
We can buy/sell bitcoin normally , but it's just matter of time.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:53:39 PM

In my country , the gov still think bitcoin is useless but it doesn't mean bitcoin is illegal here.
Yeah we can't blame the government because i think it's because of the illegal transactions that they usually saw like buying illegal drugs,firearms and other stuff. But soon it will change IMO and someday your government will make bitcoin as another currency in your country Smiley.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:02:36 PM

Yeah we can't blame the government because i think it's because of the illegal transactions that they usually saw like buying illegal drugs,firearms and other stuff. But soon it will change IMO and someday your government will make bitcoin as another currency in your country Smiley.

Its difficult to imagine that Government will start supporting bitcoin and will allow it to be used freely, even if it doesn't gets support from Government I am sure people will continue to use it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: