Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653213 times)
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:51:13 AM

where is Rise located, France? Not a cheaper economy to develop this project out of. definitely more funding needed.

Rise team is located mainly in the US and France, certainly not cheap economies!

We didn't set a minimum cap to be raised for the tech development. The reasoning for that was Justin, Hooper and any other coders that come on board, can do it with very little funds. If the funding is minuscule it would mean that Rise would become a part time project as opposed to full time.

For a part time project the roadmap will be completed over a much longer time period because development will be slow, the coders would have to work other jobs to pay their living expenses, there's no way around that.

However, we have high hopes to finish the ICO with a reasonable amount of funding, enough so we can get development completed at a pace that will please investors.

Thanks everyone for participating! 95 btc in a few days is not to be laughed at and there is still almost 4 weeks left. Smiley

3 days left of 20% bonus before changing to 15%.

what will you need to raise to make this a full time project to get it to market reasonably quickly?

Justin finished a roadmap that he shared with the rest of the team last night. It estimated completion times for various steps, I'll leave that to him to make the roadmap public, which should be soon. i.e maybe even today!

Using the roadmap he should be able to work backwards and provide a more accurate figure than myself... mine would be more of a loose guesstimate and I don't want to get into trouble for getting it totally wrong! Wink

Justin said he'd be on later this morning to update the community and he may be able to respond to your question with reasonable accuracy.
Simple858

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:21:25 AM

where is Rise located, France? Not a cheaper economy to develop this project out of. definitely more funding needed.

Rise team is located mainly in the US and France, certainly not cheap economies!

We didn't set a minimum cap to be raised for the tech development. The reasoning for that was Justin, Hooper and any other coders that come on board, can do it with very little funds. If the funding is minuscule it would mean that Rise would become a part time project as opposed to full time.

For a part time project the roadmap will be completed over a much longer time period because development will be slow, the coders would have to work other jobs to pay their living expenses, there's no way around that.

However, we have high hopes to finish the ICO with a reasonable amount of funding, enough so we can get development completed at a pace that will please investors.

Thanks everyone for participating! 95 btc in a few days is not to be laughed at and there is still almost 4 weeks left. Smiley

3 days left of 20% bonus before changing to 15%.

If investment into ICO continuous with the same trend it will end at aprox 600BTC... But I also think that timing for ending ICO is alos important. On 24th of May there is launch of LISK, on 31th of May WAVES ICO ends... so maybe in last few days there will be bigest input into RISE ICO.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:24:30 AM

why are the devs not developing together with lisk, it would make their chance to have a successfull project running higher.

it will give you alot of problems forking a coin in development and working on it. there were projects forking darkcoin in 2014, almost all of them are gone. it would make sense to fork now dash, but not a system in development. it was the same with bitcoin, there were alot of forks, all gone.

-i think you are underestimating the problematics

-make a good coin, another coin, start from scratch, make an unique coin.

this looks like a scam and probably is, even with good intentions. alot of people starting with good intentions and end bad.
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:30:22 AM

why are the devs not developing together with lisk, it would make their chance to have a successfull project running higher.

it will give you alot of problems forking a coin in development and working on it. there were projects forking darkcoin in 2014, almost all of them are gone. it would make sense to fork now dash, but not a system in development. it was the same with bitcoin, there were alot of forks, all gone.

this looks like a scam and probably is, even with good intentions. alot of people starting with good intentions and end bad.

then what is your definition of 'scam'?
sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:56:38 AM

then what is your definition of 'scam'?
"scam" is fake
snowman8

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:50:18 AM

scam even with good intentions?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Go back to your lisk forum. It's obvious you have no idea what's going on with this project.
sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:52:10 AM

Waiting to start exchange and to the vacation.
snowman8

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 11:03:18 AM

Unfortunately that does happen. But I've done my homework and this isn't the situation here. Lead dev is good!! I advise people to go talk in the chat and do your own homework too.

I think the timing is tough for these guys. But I've invested in Lisk and after the 24th I definitely am not selling all of my Lisk but I do plan to take a good chunk and put it into Rise. I'm wondering how many others are thinking the same thing. Probably a lot, that's why most of the scam comments are coming from Liskers that are afraid of their large investments. Same with Waves. they are in their thread making waves  Cheesy

Maybe that's why they named it that  Tongue
totemITnow

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 11:19:41 AM

I signed up for sig now Rise can do more than lisk and wave. Grin

snowman8

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:11:08 PM

Rise will rise to the occasion. 4 more weeks of ICO...

I hear the lead dev and the dev are bringing in another dev? (say that 3 times real fast)
coinhugger

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:15:02 PM

Unfortunately that does happen. But I've done my homework and this isn't the situation here. Lead dev is good!! I advise people to go talk in the chat and do your own homework too.

I think the timing is tough for these guys. But I've invested in Lisk and after the 24th I definitely am not selling all of my Lisk but I do plan to take a good chunk and put it into Rise. I'm wondering how many others are thinking the same thing. Probably a lot, that's why most of the scam comments are coming from Liskers that are afraid of their large investments. Same with Waves. they are in their thread making waves  Cheesy

I have to agree with you @snowman8. The team is serious and consists of trusted professionals. They're not hiding under a rock either, we know exactly who are involved, unlike with some other ICOs.

The relatively small initial ICO investment can be advantageous for those who went in. Once the project starts picking up steam, the ICO participants will be holding a lot of coins and will be very happy.

xephireusMMX

Activity: 306

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:31:42 PM

I have to agree with you @snowman8. The team is serious and consists of trusted professionals. They're not hiding under a rock either, we know exactly who are involved, unlike with some other ICOs.

The relatively small initial ICO investment can be advantageous for those who went in. Once the project starts picking up steam, the ICO participants will be holding a lot of coins and will be very happy.

That's true imo, ok the ICO might not get as much bitcoin and investors than some of the others but look at the upside. I would say there is more chance getting X 10 in Rise than there is of Lisk or Wave going to X 10. It's hard to know but I also agree the team looks solid, I googled their profiles before investing and looks clean to me. At least one of them even ran a big business before by looks of it.

I put my precious btc into this project and they got my trust for now!

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:34:41 PM

i've read the Rise announcement, but i'm still not clear about what *exactly* the proposition is. can someone break it down for me as a 'Dummies Guide to Rise'? what's the product, the market, the mechanism for adoption, the profit potential?

is it disrupting an incumbent?
jdr0dn3y

Activity: 180

AO Blockchain Founder | Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 02:18:18 PM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Last update for the week, will resume on Monday. We are going to start posting the updates on the Rise.Vision blog, and linking you to them, so we can keep them in one place for the time being.

ROADMAP! I am in the process of writing up the product requirements for each of those pieces. I'll have some completed today, the rest will be completed on Monday. Intense development will likely start on Tuesday of next week, after I meet up with the other two developers and get everyone on their initial tasks.

We forked Lisk primarily for 2 reasons. It's DPoS system, and it's use of Javascript. For the most part, the Rise Platform is going to be a nearly from-scratch rewrite, utilizing different server and sandboxing technologies. We are pretty much going to be pulling the DPoS system out of Lisk, and porting it into our system. This is one of the most challenging pieces of a blockchain to write, and write correctly, we didn't want to start from scratch and have nothing to work with.

We were originally just going to make some minor adjustments, convert the DApp system to a containerized system instead of a node-js based sandbox, then we would be pretty much done. As we got looking at the code, and playing with the SQLite based DB, we realized that we could make much more significant improvements if we built from scratch and retained the DPoS system that they built, which is very clean, and seems to work quite well.

Lisk is following a Javascript Only concept, we are deciding on a Javascript First concept, with support for additional server side languages as we build. We want to reach as many people as possible, Javascript is a great start, but adding the other major languages is vital for the deepest penetration possible for DApps.

If you have any additional questions - reach me on our HipChat.
xephireusMMX

Activity: 306

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:03:54 PM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Last update for the week, will resume on Monday. We are going to start posting the updates on the Rise.Vision blog, and linking you to them, so we can keep them in one place for the time being.

ROADMAP! I am in the process of writing up the product requirements for each of those pieces. I'll have some completed today, the rest will be completed on Monday. Intense development will likely start on Tuesday of next week, after I meet up with the other two developers and get everyone on their initial tasks.

We forked Lisk primarily for 2 reasons. It's DPoS system, and it's use of Javascript. For the most part, the Rise Platform is going to be a nearly from-scratch rewrite, utilizing different server and sandboxing technologies. We are pretty much going to be pulling the DPoS system out of Lisk, and porting it into our system. This is one of the most challenging pieces of a blockchain to write, and write correctly, we didn't want to start from scratch and have nothing to work with.

We were originally just going to make some minor adjustments, convert the DApp system to a containerized system instead of a node-js based sandbox, then we would be pretty much done. As we got looking at the code, and playing with the SQLite based DB, we realized that we could make much more significant improvements if we built from scratch and retained the DPoS system that they built, which is very clean, and seems to work quite well.

Lisk is following a Javascript Only concept, we are deciding on a Javascript First concept, with support for additional server side languages as we build. We want to reach as many people as possible, Javascript is a great start, but adding the other major languages is vital for the deepest penetration possible for DApps.

If you have any additional questions - reach me on our HipChat.

Wow!

So this is actually going to offer much more than Lisk. We were talking earlier about if your team had a minimum development fund that you needed to raise. I hope you guys get enough to make this happen because it could be very big!!

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
wendy107th

Activity: 401

http://www.cloakcoin.com

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:09:21 PM

rise wil rise like eth  Wink
snowman8

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:18:32 PM

OMG! I'm super pumped...

I guess we can point people to that if they say Rise is just a copy of Lisk again.  Roll Eyes
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 03:26:16 PM

Excited about Rise!! They have a good team.  Grin

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:28:25 PM

OMG! I'm super pumped...

I guess we can point people to that if they say Rise is just a copy of Lisk again.  Roll Eyes

I bet you believe in Santa Claus as well. The dev fund will be long dumped before anything meaningful on that road map has to be delivered.
snowman8

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:30:06 PM

OMG! I'm super pumped...

I bet you believe in Santa Claus as well. The dev fund will be long dumped before anything meaningful on that road map has to be delivered.
Wait. What? Santa Claus ain't real? Get out...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: