Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653217 times)
RiseVision (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

RISE Team Account

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:01:51 PM

600 Users registered on rise.vision website!!

Some of them are duplicates but, it is what it is Cheesy

We're hoping to announce a new team member in the form of a community manager very soon.

Will share details when the terms have been accepted by both parties.

Another small thing is that our video has now been upgraded to feature the latest Rise logo. Smiley

hellsingfan

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:27:54 PM

If they really want to meet their mark they need to put an effort on marketing. Hold a hangout, talk to popular crypto news sites. Otherwise it will likely not even hit 250 btc. Unless you generate interest by marketing everyone is fooling themselves to hit even 500 btc.
snowman8

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:03:49 PM

If they really want to meet their mark they need to put an effort on marketing. Hold a hangout, talk to popular crypto news sites. Otherwise it will likely not even hit 250 btc. Unless you generate interest by marketing everyone is fooling themselves to hit even 500 btc.
Marketing is important in many aspects, I agree.

I believe Rise will continue to rise. How far is yet to be determined  Wink
danielj314

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:13:48 PM

Old news  Cheesy Cheesy

I heard ICOCountdown is trying to collect payment to be listed on his site from several coins. Those who don't pay he tries to dig up dirt... I used to listen to ICOcountdown to give good advice but I don't think he's someone to be trusted to be honest. All of the devs on the Rise team have come out and revealed who they are. I've talked personally with many of them. Do your own research and don't rely on others to tell you what's real and what's not. Just my 2 cents.

I think the Rise team would be wise to reach out to ICOCountdown and provide a response to the reasons he outlines for de-listing them. He even invites them to do so. I would hope he would be open to listening to what they have to say.

When I first read about the de-listing, I have to admit it really negatively impacted the way I looked at the project. But as I've thought about it more, the complaints or "charges" he makes really aren't that serious and seem to have at least some explanations behind them that could really mitigate or neutralize their impact.

Also, after following this thread for awhile, it's pretty clear that the developers are focused and diligent in providing daily updates. It appears they are acting in good faith. It certainly doesn't have the feel of a "scam" project like others that ICOCountdown has de-listed.

I agree that good marketing will be key to the success of this project both now in the ICO and in the future. I think reconciling with ICOCountdown would be a good first step. Reach out. Provide a detailed response to his concerns. Invite him to monitor this thread and see firsthand the constant work and communication that is on display here. Turning that situation around will probably benefit the bottomline return of the ICO as much as any other single thing you can do right now.

Just my suggestion.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   STORM TOKEN    A decentralized micro-job marketplace    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | Coming Soon    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
scifi.rem

Activity: 168

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:22:18 PM

Old news  Cheesy Cheesy

I heard ICOCountdown is trying to collect payment to be listed on his site from several coins. Those who don't pay he tries to dig up dirt... I used to listen to ICOcountdown to give good advice but I don't think he's someone to be trusted to be honest. All of the devs on the Rise team have come out and revealed who they are. I've talked personally with many of them. Do your own research and don't rely on others to tell you what's real and what's not. Just my 2 cents.

I think the Rise team would be wise to reach out to ICOCountdown and provide a response to the reasons he outlines for de-listing them. He even invites them to do so. I would hope he would be open to listening to what they have to say.

When I first read about the de-listing, I have to admit it really negatively impacted the way I looked at the project. But as I've thought about it more, the complaints or "charges" he makes really aren't that serious and seem to have at least some explanations behind them that could really mitigate or neutralize their impact.

Also, after following this thread for awhile, it's pretty clear that the developers are focused and diligent in providing daily updates. It appears they are acting in good faith. It certainly doesn't have the feel of a "scam" project like others that ICOCountdown has de-listed.

I agree that good marketing will be key to the success of this project both now in the ICO and in the future. I think reconciling with ICOCountdown would be a good first step. Reach out. Provide a detailed response to his concerns. Invite him to monitor this thread and see firsthand the constant work and communication that is on display here. Turning that situation around will probably benefit the bottomline return of the ICO as much as any other single thing you can do right now.

Just my suggestion.
Good advice. Thanks. However, we reached out to him 8 days ago and then did a follow up email a few days after and have yet to hear from him. For whatever reasons, he's not responded to our follow ups.

-rem

Join RISE in SLACK!
danielj314

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:32:45 PM

Old news  Cheesy Cheesy

Just my suggestion.
Good advice. Thanks. However, we reached out to him 8 days ago and then did a follow up email a few days after and have yet to hear from him. For whatever reasons, he's not responded to our follow ups.

-rem

I'm happy to hear that you have reached out. That's too bad that he has not responded. Since he said he would welcome hearing from you, it doesn't seem right that he wouldn't acknowledge your attempt to communicate.

I might have to reach out to him and ask him to give you a fair hearing. I monitor his site frequently and have appreciated it as a good way to become aware of upcoming ICO's. It was through his site that I first became aware of Rise. I'm sure it's a gateway for many other people like me wanting to know about what's new.

I think if ICOCountdown wants to maintain the sense of being a fair, reliable, and somewhat authoritative voice on the quality of ICO projects, it needs to stay open to dialogue and ongoing investigation. Raising legitimate red flags can be a real service and I sincerely appreciate their willingness to do that when necessary. But keeping red flags up when they are not merited can be a disservice to everyone involved. So I would simply ask him to evaluate the red flags he has raised. Based on what I have seen thus far, his current stance doesn't seem fully justified. If he wants to maintain it, I think he would need to respond to your response.

snowman8

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:43:55 PM

Old news  Cheesy Cheesy

Just my suggestion.

-rem

I'm happy to hear that you have reached out. That's too bad that he has not responded. Since he said he would welcome hearing from you, it doesn't seem right that he wouldn't acknowledge your attempt to communicate.

I might have to reach out to him and ask him to give you a fair hearing. I monitor his site frequently and have appreciated it as a good way to become aware of upcoming ICO's. It was through his site that I first became aware of Rise. I'm sure it's a gateway for many other people like me wanting to know about what's new.

I think if ICOCountdown wants to maintain the sense of being a fair, reliable, and somewhat authoritative voice on the quality of ICO projects, it needs to stay open to dialogue and ongoing investigation. Raising legitimate red flags can be a real service and I sincerely appreciate their willingness to do that when necessary. But keeping red flags up when they are not merited can be a disservice to everyone involved. So I would simply ask him to evaluate the red flags he has raised. Based on what I have seen thus far, his current stance doesn't seem fully justified. If he wants to maintain it, I think he would need to respond to your response.

When did ICOcountdown become an authority anyway? We don't even know who he is or his own background. Nobody knows. Who is he?  Roll Eyes

Do your own research people. A no named person who hasn't revealed themselves is throwing up red flags for a group of people who have stepped forward, revealed themselves, and are delivering.
danielj314

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

Old news  Cheesy Cheesy

Just my suggestion.

-rem

When did ICOcountdown become an authority anyway? We don't even know who he is or his own background. Nobody knows. Who is he?  Roll Eyes

Do your own research people. A no named person who hasn't revealed themselves is throwing up red flags for a group of people who have stepped forward, revealed themselves, and are delivering.

Well, I think ICOCountdown has become "authoritative" by virtue of being one of the only (if not the only) comprehensive listing of upcoming ICO's. Like it or not, they are kind of authoritative right now by default. But I think they need to earn that authority every day by being fair and open to all evidence. I for one appreciate them for what they do well. In this case, to me it seems like some dialoging is in order. I see it as kind of a test for both parties. Alex says he is open to being "proved wrong" about his conclusions. The Rise team probably has a strong case to make regarding all of his points. That exchange should take place in my opinion.

Of course people should do their own research and not slavishly follow the opinions or recommendations of a third party site like ICOCountdown. That's certainly what I have done. I looked at the red flags raised and evaluated them on their own merits. I also took time to monitor this thread and was impressed frankly with the level of activity, communication, and vision showcased by the devs. I was impressed enough to invest.

But we would be naive to think that a de-listing from a site like ICOCountain has no impact and should just be ignored. It has an impact. If it's not justified, it should be changed. He has gone on record that he is open to changing it. It simply makes good business sense for the Rise team to confront these kinds of concerns and resolve them if they can. That's all I'm saying.

jdr0dn3y

Activity: 180

AO Blockchain Founder | Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:24:18 PM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Rise-core work has started

Last update for the weekend, next one will be up on Monday.

######## UPDATE CONTENT ########
Rise-Core is the focus today. We have shifted the respository from Github to Bitbucket. The Bitbucket repo was cloned directly from Lisk, so we can show exactly what has changed since we started working on Rise. Most of the changes will be applied on Monday as one big commit.
As we stated at the very beginning, we will be supporting both MongoDB and SQL, this is still planned, although it got lost in the shuffle over the past few weeks. I am currently testing which has the best performance for the blockchain itself.

We have stripped out of the Core the Sandboxing functions that are there in Lisk, as well as the custom NodeJS fork that they are using to run their DApps. Since our DApps connect to Rise Core through an API, they are not really needed.

We have also ensured that all packages pass a Node Security Project Audit.

Once we have updated the repo with these changes, I'm going to shift gears to documenting our Delegate process and getting the people interested setup the delegates of their own. Initially, this will be cloning the source, installing dependencies via NPM, and launching via the CLI. We will be building significant automation around these to make this process easier, providing docker packages for the core on DockerHub, and 1 click installers for things like Heroku, BlueMix, Azure, and Digital Ocean.

Also, instead of keeping the Web API seperate from the Core and DApp API, I'm going to merge the Web API and the DApp APIs into the Core. This removes 1 docker container from the equation, and allows the Web UI to talk directly to Rise-Core instead of through an API provider. We will also allow Node Owners to expose Rise-Core directly to the web to enable third party applications built off of the API, if they so choose.

This is all for now, another update will be out on Monday.
coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:35:47 PM

Well, I think ICOCountdown has become "authoritative" by virtue of being one of the only (if not the only) comprehensive listing of upcoming ICO's.

Try this: https://cyber.fund/radar

It has a list of active & upcoming crowdsales & also how much has been raised.

Maybe RISE can get listed here.
danielj314

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:44:00 PM

Well, I think ICOCountdown has become "authoritative" by virtue of being one of the only (if not the only) comprehensive listing of upcoming ICO's.

Hey, that's a good one. Thanks for putting it on my radar screen.

I agree, Rise should see what it takes to get listed there. These kinds of sites really are gateways for a lot of potential investors.

It looks like ICOCountdown has some competition. I will be reaching out to Alex asking him to respond to the Rise team. To me, it will be a test of him and his site to see if/how he responds.

jdr0dn3y

Activity: 180

AO Blockchain Founder | Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:55:33 PM

We have already submitted a pull request to have us added to the site. Just waiting on a response.
snowman8

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:25:41 PM

I agree, Rise should see what it takes to get listed there. These kinds of sites really are gateways for a lot of potential investors.

It looks like ICOCountdown has some competition. I will be reaching out to Alex asking him to respond to the Rise team. To me, it will be a test of him and his site to see if/how he responds.
I remember they already responded to all ICOcountdown's claims. Looking at them now.

1. Testnet is working and sending coins
2. The affiliate thing is working
3. Gjeric guy is a freelancer and has worked with other coins in the past. That's how he makes his money. duh  Roll Eyes
4. Alty's dev at cloak had faulty code and abandoned the project so alty handed the code to a new dev.

I don't see the problem. I've already looked into this in fact and I found a bunch of real estate credentials under Cormac Lucking. He has a lot of experience in the field if Rise enters into Acre some day.
danielj314

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:31:52 PM

I remember they already responded to all ICOcountdown's claims. Looking at them now.

1. Testnet is working and sending coins
2. The affiliate thing is working
3. Gjeric guy is a freelancer and has worked with other coins in the past. That's how he makes his money. duh  Roll Eyes
4. Alty's dev at cloak had faulty code and abandoned the project so alty handed the code to a new dev.

I don't see the problem. I've already looked into this in fact and I found a bunch of real estate credentials under Cormac Lucking. He has a lot of experience in the field if Rise enters into Acre some day.

That's a great summary of responses to the concerns.

I've written to Alex and asked him to enter into dialogue and be willing to change the de-listing if his concerns are resolved. I wish I had your list then to include in my email. I don't know if Alex monitors this thread. Hopefully he will now based on my request.

I think it's an unfortunate and possibly unfair situation. Hopefully it can be resolved. It certainly is not the end of the world if it isn't. I don't mean to dwell on it unduly. I'm glad I at least tried to broker a dialogue. And I'm glad the needed information is summarized here now if there are others like me who once had concerns that kept them from investing.

Thanks again for the good info.!

ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:54:07 PM

Old news  Cheesy Cheesy

Just my suggestion.

-rem

ICOCountdown would be an important website but it is not. He is a man who use his website to racket teams projects.
No one cent for ICOCountDown !
xephireusMMX

Activity: 306

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:32:10 PM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Rise-Core is the focus today. We have shifted the respository from Github to Bitbucket. The Bitbucket repo was cloned directly from Lisk, so we can show exactly what has changed since we started working on Rise. Most of the changes will be applied on Monday as one big commit.
As we stated at the very beginning, we will be supporting both MongoDB and SQL, this is still planned, although it got lost in the shuffle over the past few weeks. I am currently testing which has the best performance for the blockchain itself.

We have stripped out of the Core the Sandboxing functions that are there in Lisk, as well as the custom NodeJS fork that they are using to run their DApps. Since our DApps connect to Rise Core through an API, they are not really needed.

Once we have updated the repo with these changes, I'm going to shift gears to documenting our Delegate process and getting the people interested setup the delegates of their own. Initially, this will be cloning the source, installing dependencies via NPM, and launching via the CLI. We will be building significant automation around these to make this process easier, providing docker packages for the core on DockerHub, and 1 click installers for things like Heroku, BlueMix, Azure, and Digital Ocean.

Also, instead of keeping the Web API seperate from the Core and DApp API, I'm going to merge the Web API and the DApp APIs into the Core. This removes 1 docker container from the equation, and allows the Web UI to talk directly to Rise-Core instead of through an API provider. We will also allow Node Owners to expose Rise-Core directly to the web to enable third party applications built off of the API, if they so choose.

Have a good weekend and enjoy yourself. You've definitely been putting a lot of energy into Rise and we've all seen that from your updates. I'm actually getting addicted to seeing the daily updates because it's showing progress and commitment that is missing in lots of projects, the big ones included. The bad thing is I'll probably feel bad if you miss a day and there are no updates! I do hope this continues for as long as possible.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
josecauy

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:55:22 PM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Thanks for the Update !!!
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 08:49:14 AM

Here is a quoted messaged email that I replied to someone today, this addresses staff and addresses the community in general. In this I address obvious concerns that I still have about the development of this project. I still monitor the thread actively.

Thanks for reaching out. I'm interested in having a dialogue but I cannot see a position or a stance that can change my mind. Firstly the concept of running a real estate project is extremely broad, you then have a person that is already known from running away from a project with a high level of funding. History always repeats itself. Here are a few questions for you to think about with regard to the real estate project:

How will funds be delivered back to users.
How will funds be dispersed fairly and openly.
Who will own the contracts to these houses? (Deeds)
Who will maintain and deliver these things accordingly.
Alty is in charge of all these things, believe me real estate development is no small feat.

No-one is asking these questions which are extremely pertinent, if you want to trust people to do these things for you thats fine but they simply cannot be done effectively with the technology we have now. Do you trust this person to bring and move these developments forward? I cannot trust it because I know of this industry and I know of Altys past history.

The affiliate system is fabricated, when I used the affiliate system is was down to the administrator to honour this, this is not a proper affiliate program. What I think they will happen is they will use this affiliate system to gain more coins for themselves. When I was using it, it was unfair and there was no way of checking this data. I doubt there still is unless someone tests it. I doubt that anyone will be willing to test it, in the ways that I have. You should privately test it again and I can help you with this if you want to make sure it's fair.

Moreover all these developers certainly have a past see my information about Zetacoin linking the graphic developer to it. All of these coins had high ideas of development, none of which succeeded because there was no strategy in place.

I hope to find answers to these questions.

Thanks for using the site and for your kind words it is much appreciated and always know that I have everyones best interests at heart. Most notably the people I protect which is new people getting involved with crypto and crowdfunding methodology.

If you want to share this email with the broader community then that will be fine too.

Kind Regards,

Alex.

As you can see my main hesitation with the project is overwhelmingly the real estate project.

To Alty: I am not mad that you have been involved with coins in the past, I do not mind others being involved with coins or developing new technology, I think that is good for the community in general. But I do have to question this real estate business opportunity because it is not fully fleshed out whatsoever it seems like an add-on like many coins have had in the past but ultimately these coins fail to relate business opportunity with the community at large because there is little to no transparency. I do not think you are a bad person and I'm not attacking you. I just cannot see how this business opportunity can be realized with the information in front of me. I like that Rise has reached out to me but it still has not squashed my main concerns.

*Skyhigh*

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:19:18 AM

The team is growing faster than lisk,  I'm pretty optimistic that both coin will be a success

Definitely! Still a lot of days to go. After Lisk launch and Waves ICO ending it's gonna get crzay over here.

scifi.rem

Activity: 168

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:55:01 AM

Here is a quoted messaged email that I replied to someone today, this addresses staff and addresses the community in general. In this I address obvious concerns that I still have about the development of this project. I still monitor the thread actively.

Thanks for reaching out. I'm interested in having a dialogue but I cannot see a position or a stance that can change my mind. Firstly the concept of running a real estate project is extremely broad, you then have a person that is already known from running away from a project with a high level of funding. History always repeats itself. Here are a few questions for you to think about with regard to the real estate project:

How will funds be delivered back to users.
How will funds be dispersed fairly and openly.
Who will own the contracts to these houses? (Deeds)
Who will maintain and deliver these things accordingly.
Alty is in charge of all these things, believe me real estate development is no small feat.

No-one is asking these questions which are extremely pertinent, if you want to trust people to do these things for you thats fine but they simply cannot be done effectively with the technology we have now. Do you trust this person to bring and move these developments forward? I cannot trust it because I know of this industry and I know of Altys past history.

The affiliate system is fabricated, when I used the affiliate system is was down to the administrator to honour this, this is not a proper affiliate program. What I think they will happen is they will use this affiliate system to gain more coins for themselves. When I was using it, it was unfair and there was no way of checking this data. I doubt there still is unless someone tests it. I doubt that anyone will be willing to test it, in the ways that I have. You should privately test it again and I can help you with this if you want to make sure it's fair.

Moreover all these developers certainly have a past see my information about Zetacoin linking the graphic developer to it. All of these coins had high ideas of development, none of which succeeded because there was no strategy in place.

I hope to find answers to these questions.

Thanks for using the site and for your kind words it is much appreciated and always know that I have everyones best interests at heart. Most notably the people I protect which is new people getting involved with crypto and crowdfunding methodology.

If you want to share this email with the broader community then that will be fine too.

Kind Regards,

Alex.

As you can see my main hesitation with the project is overwhelmingly the real estate project.

To Alty: I am not mad that you have been involved with coins in the past, I do not mind others being involved with coins or developing new technology, I think that is good for the community in general. But I do have to question this real estate business opportunity because it is not fully fleshed out whatsoever it seems like an add-on like many coins have had in the past but ultimately these coins fail to relate business opportunity with the community at large because there is little to no transparency. I do not think you are a bad person and I'm not attacking you. I just cannot see how this business opportunity can be realized with the information in front of me. I like that Rise has reached out to me but it still has not squashed my main concerns.
Alex, thanks for the reply. Alty will get back to you soon addressing the concerns you may have regarding the Acre project.

I'll quickly touch on the affiliate program. We held back only 12 million coins as opposed to the typical 15 million coins that Lisk and Waves did, for example. We then took into account the 3% difference to use toward those who wanted to participate in the program. We have been quite transparent with how this is done. Everything is open source and you can see the code that is implemented on our Github @ rise-web/routes/views/profile.js

There was a point right as we launched the program where the amount of RISE you received from the affiliate program was not displaying in your profile. This was fixed within 24 hours.

Lastly, we outsourced work to Gjeric for design work as many other coins have because of his skills. Associating him with the success or failure of these other projects is erroneous.

Join RISE in SLACK!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: