Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:05:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam accepting btc - will it affect the forum market?  (Read 47167 times)
DomesticTrader

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:21:18 AM

Looks like steam is finally going to accept bitcoin!!!!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/steam-to-accept-payments-via-bitcoin-in-its-next-update

Curious if that will affect the people selling games on the bitcoin talk? And the various other websites you can buy steam at.
it's definitely exciting because i know quite a few people would be willing to spend money on steam if it was bitcoin viable
Also exciting for the community as if it's a success on steam other companies will be influenced to go in this direction, good news all round really
It is really nice to see it and that is because there are now more people that is using Bitcoin as their payment method so there will be more people that is spending it on Steam so Steam will also earn some more money with it and that is perfect.
But not everyone knows that so maybe we have to promote it more.
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:05:28 AM

That steam accepts the bitcoin is only good thing for every bitcoin user. And i dont think it would affect the forum market because there will alwasys be people not happy about it.
Iceborn

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:12:24 AM

That steam accepts the bitcoin is only good thing for every bitcoin user. And i dont think it would affect the forum market because there will alwasys be people not happy about it.
This is not a very good reason why it would not affect the market, I think soon or later it will affect the forum market.
Not a lot of people are knowing the bitcoin payment on steam but when they will find it out it will affect the market, people still trust steam more than forum users right ??
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:36:17 AM

Well people that are not going to be happy with this kind of adoptions are those people who are against with bitcoin.
Or maybe they are devs of other alts as well. But this has really a big effect in the market. I don't know with the forum market.
Because more and more bitcoin users and gamers are going to use it.
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:56:36 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/steam-to-accept-payments-via-bitcoin-in-its-next-update

Curious if that will affect the people selling games on the bitcoin talk? And the various other websites you can buy steam at.
Yes it does, once you see a merchant add bitcoin as a form of payment you'll also see it's client try to use this type of payment if its benificial or useful for them. And once that happened, it means that a demand for bitcoin increase and increase demand is directly proportion with a price pump.
ElpadroBitcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:57:40 PM

Steam is accepting bitcoins because there are allot of peole who are using the bitcoins so steam want also that costumers to uise the steam communitie.
FabioDelcatto

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:41:31 AM

Why is everyone just hating steam of introducing bitcoins it is just the future people dont be such a stupid idiot that hate everything that is new just life with it or go home.
Bokelka

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:08:23 AM

Steam is accepting bitcoins because there are allot of peole who are using the bitcoins so steam want also that costumers to uise the steam communitie.

Steam accepting the bitcoin will benefit both the bitcoin and Steam in the long term. I believe it will contribute to the price rise.
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 02:14:16 PM

There are allot of sites who accepting bitcoins right now because there are more people using the bitcoin right now and that is what steam sees it is not affecting anything it is helping.
escrowboy

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 02:32:34 PM

There are allot of sites who accepting bitcoins right now because there are more people using the bitcoin right now and that is what steam sees it is not affecting anything it is helping.

It do affect the bitcoin, since they use the currency. The way it's been used widely can be a reason for a price increase because a demand on the coin will surge up.
Piltover

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:57:44 PM

You are right about this the fact is that steam is accepting and that is nice but not a lot of people do even know it so it will not affect the market here.
Maybe in the future this will change of course.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:11:33 PM

it's already accepting, a few days ago I bought Don't Starve with btc, and yes, I think it'll affect those people, unless they sell it for a smaller price
isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:06:18 PM

Any info about when the steam summer sale starts?i thought it was today
Too bad bitcoin price dropped a lot the last week i was planning to buy a lot of games during the summer sale.
TyfrTR

Activity: 312
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:34:11 PM

For my opinion, Steam's support will be an another milestone in the development process of bitcoin. Lot's of people can meet with bitcoin by this way. Steam has over 130 million members and probably half of them or maybe more, have no idea about crypto-currencies. Let's wait for a while and we'll see the benefits of this process. Also I'm expecting the same support form PSN network. Or some game developers, such as Rockstar Games who made plenty of innovation in gaming history, should get into bitcoin's world.
nururochac

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:11:53 PM

For my opinion, Steam's support will be an another milestone in the development process of bitcoin. Lot's of people can meet with bitcoin by this way. Steam has over 130 million members and probably half of them or maybe more, have no idea about crypto-currencies. Let's wait for a while and we'll see the benefits of this process. Also I'm expecting the same support form PSN network. Or some game developers, such as Rockstar Games who made plenty of innovation in gaming history, should get into bitcoin's world.

That's right, this will make a big impact in bitcoin as we were likely to see more people that will able to use it. All I can say is, a good new for bitcoin.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:40:57 PM

it's definitely exciting because i know quite a few people would be willing to spend money on steam if it was bitcoin viable
Also exciting for the community as if it's a success on steam other companies will be influenced to go in this direction, good news all round really

Steam accepting bitcoins is an exciting news for the bitcoins lover. The gamers fans will be excited to get bitcoins on steam. Such Companies who support bitcoins will be the one who will be considered pioneer in accepting bitcoins.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:00:23 AM

Come on guys, a lot of sites are accepting bitcoins as it’s very much similar to a currency.
I think while the technology is upgrading, different sites are adjusting as well for their benefit as well.
They are not the ones that would adjust for us, we are the one that should do so as we are the one that’s using their site.
Bokelka

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:58:59 AM

Come on guys, a lot of sites are accepting bitcoins as it’s very much similar to a currency.
I think while the technology is upgrading, different sites are adjusting as well for their benefit as well.
They are not the ones that would adjust for us, we are the one that should do so as we are the one that’s using their site.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ used to accept bitcoin, I bought a lot of stuff from there, But it does not any more.
nururochac

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:33:13 PM

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ used to accept bitcoin, I bought a lot of stuff from there, But it does not any more.
We also have one site that build to use bitcoin as their coin, site is this one https://coins.ph/. They offer things like paying your bills, buying load, converting your peso wallet(this is term they prefer instead of bitcoin wallet because its our currency peso) to garena shells and top-up to steam using peso wallet.
Ulloa

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:17:32 PM

Steam is accepting the bitcoin and that is good indeed but the fact is also that a lot of people still need to find this out.
The most do not even know this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: