Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:36:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ¤¤¤¤ gekkorun.de - Gekkoscience Fun-Run - compare your share ¤¤¤¤  (Read 63611 times)
andymanone

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Save the past & use the future ©

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:55:27 AM

andymanone G1

Little Overnight-Racer...

Newcomer = 2nd place  Grin

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ammi84 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:42:52 AM

Hi there,

the votes look very good
i will close them this eveningand we will continue to develope :-)

Thanks for  helping

minibit & ammi
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:11:49 PM

Got one of my Sticks running on my broken R1.  Smiley

RichBC G1
UK
1BL6DK46qDuE6i2GtXNDyADjBewRD8Zwk5_G1
200MHz

Taking it easy on the Frequency until I hook up a separate supply.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
andymanone

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:14:31 PM

Got one of my Sticks running on my broken R1.  Smiley

RichBC G1
UK
1BL6DK46qDuE6i2GtXNDyADjBewRD8Zwk5_G1
200MHz

Taking it easy on the Frequency until I hook up a separate supply.

Rich
Well done, Rich Smiley!

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s
andymanone

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:46:51 PM

Is anybody from EU here and wants to join gekkorun, but lacks on a GSC Stick Smiley?

I can recommend the offical german reseller for germany and EU.

I´ve discussed with him the conditions, so he can offer free shipping EU wide (except Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Norway)

You can place there your order for 49,95€ (incl. Shipping & Handling)

Only what you have to do is, tell him my name (André) Wink

andY

zOU

Activity: 728

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:49:10 PM

Good man !

Maybe post in the support thread ?

andymanone

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:05:37 PM

Good man !

Maybe post in the support thread ?

-> Here?

Yes, of course  Smiley

EDIT: Done

andY

ammi84 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:58:35 AM

Hello fellow runners,

we proudly announce the first official Logo-Contest

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1460323

We will be happy to see your creativity Smiley

Have fun and race on

ammi & minibit
RichBC

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:35:15 PM

I have bolted my Compac onto a CPU cooler, board above it is a fan Controller. I am connected direct to a PC running cgminer, just too many many problems controlling it from the R1,  and have spliced a separate 5V PSU into the feed so we are not current limited.

I have been running at 375MHz for 24 Hours now without problem, but get some HW errors at 400MHz so need to change the value of the series resistor on the Core Voltage pot as I have run out of adjustment and need to go above 0.75V to carry on up in frequency. Temperature is at the set 35 Deg C and there is fan speed in hand so that should not be a limiting factor.  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
andymanone

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:58:05 PM

I have bolted my Compac onto a CPU cooler, board above it is a fan Controller. I am connected direct to a PC running cgminer, just too many many problems controlling it from the R1,  and have spliced a separate 5V PSU into the feed so we are not current limited.

I have been running at 375MHz for 24 Hours now without problem, but get some HW errors at 400MHz so need to change the value of the series resistor on the Core Voltage pot as I have run out of adjustment and need to go above 0.75V to carry on up in frequency. Temperature is at the set 35 Deg C and there is fan speed in hand so that should not be a limiting factor.  Smiley

Rich
Hey Rich, congrats Grin!!
Looks really great Smiley!

Btw: I had the same ideas  Wink, but just want to realise it later at weekend, cause just looking for taking my R1 to the limits  Wink

Ahh, and the red USB- Volt/Amp-Meter I use too Grin, but as far I know it´s limited to max 3 Amp, so it could be the prob maybe?

andY

RichBC

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:35:46 PM

I have bolted my Compac onto a CPU cooler, board above it is a fan Controller. I am connected direct to a PC running cgminer, just too many many problems controlling it from the R1,  and have spliced a separate 5V PSU into the feed so we are not current limited.

I have been running at 375MHz for 24 Hours now without problem, but get some HW errors at 400MHz so need to change the value of the series resistor on the Core Voltage pot as I have run out of adjustment and need to go above 0.75V to carry on up in frequency. Temperature is at the set 35 Deg C and there is fan speed in hand so that should not be a limiting factor.  Smiley

Rich

Btw: I had the same ideas  Wink, but just want to realise it later at weekend, cause just looking for taking my R1 to the limits  Wink

Ahh, and the red USB- Volt/Amp-Meter I use too Grin, but as far I know it´s limited to max 3 Amp, so it could be the prob maybe?

andY

Yes the USB meter may be a problem, it's at 2.1A at the moment, however it's a nice to have item rather than essential, so can easily be taken out of circuit.

Rich

andymanone

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:35:49 PM

Rich

andY

Yes the USB meter may be a problem, it's at 2.1A at the moment, however it's a nice to have item rather than essential, so can easily be taken out of circuit.

Rich

Hi Rich,
yes I agree , it´s a great little but useful tool Smiley!
I´ve used it for a "solar powered only" project for a Z3735F based Windows-PC last year Smiley
(...and it works great Smiley. )

But back to ther topic:
My R1 runs @475MHz stable with no (or very rare) HW errors @0.935V, but takes avg 34,45 Watts from the wall (excluding fans and peltier power).
That means, it takes nearly ~ 6,886A@5V.
So I think maybe it could be a reason for your prob, if you got at last only 2.1A...

andY

RichBC

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:46:58 PM

Rich

Hi Rich,
I´ve used it for a "solar powered only" project for a Z3735F based Windows-PC last year Smiley

But back to ther topic:
My R1 runs @475MHz stable with no (or very rare) HW errors @0.935V, but takes avg 34,45 Watts from the wall (excluding fans and peltier power).
That means, it takes nearly ~ 6,886A.
So I think maybe it could be a reason for your prob, if you got at last only 2.1A...

andY

andY

We may be at crossed purposes here? By problem I meant that I might get to the limit of the USB meter? It's fine at the 2.1A being taken at 375MHz but may not at higher voltages / Frequencies?

However I have not tried above 400MHz yet as I began to see HW errors, so until I change the series resistor on the Voltage pot I cannot try any higher. I had planned on removing the USB meter anyway as I was worried about voltage drops in it's sense circuit & tracks etc.

Will probably give it a go Tomorrow, but have got to remind myself which resistor to change & what to?

Rich

andymanone

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:06:38 PM

Rich

Hi Rich,

But back to ther topic:
That means, it takes nearly ~ 6,886A.

andY

andY

We may be at crossed purposes here? By problem I meant that I might get to the limit of the USB meter? It's fine at the 2.1A being taken at 375MHz but may not at higher voltages / Frequencies?

However I have not tried above 400MHz yet as I began to see HW errors, so until I change the series resistor on the Voltage pot I cannot try any higher. I had planned on removing the USB meter anyway as I was worried about voltage drops in it's sense circuit & tracks etc.

Will probably give it a go Tomorrow, but have got to remind myself which resistor to change & what to?

Rich

Ahh, note sure maybe there is a misunderstanding Smiley
What I wanna say was, that the USB-Meter could be a limiter if you try to screw up the Vcore and the freq....

@Resistor/Pot: not sure, I have not checked it so far...
I guess it works in the same way like our Antrouter TPS53355 Mod?
So I think, you have only to put a extra 10k pulldown resistor from the pod to ground to increase the Vcore limit...
I´ll take a close look to it tomorrow...

andY

minibit

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:37:53 AM

I really like your mods  Smiley
Hey andy, can you say how much energy do you have to put into the peltier element? Is this power efficient?
Do you have to put more energy into the peltier than into the gekko?   Cheesy
andymanone

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:14:09 AM

I really like your mods  Smiley
Hey andy, can you say how much energy do you have to put into the peltier element? Is this power efficient?
Do you have to put more energy into the peltier than into the gekko?   Cheesy
Hi minibit, thanks  Grin!

@Peltier:
yes, thats really an issue ... Undecided
The power consumption is depend on which kind of Peltier-Modul you use..
There are a couple of different sizes, Cooling/Heating power and prices Wink on the market.

I´ve used the most available and inexpensive 40x40 Peltier with 12V and 6A max
It´s hard, ´cause  it´s finally a max. Powerconsumption of ~72 Watts, but as used in my setup and regulated via controller
my Powermeter shows me max ~ 50W for Peltier & Fan together.

But it was only a first try, there are smaller Peltier-Modules with lower consumption (and higher prices Wink) on the market.
Next step will be to try it with a more efficient Module...  Wink

On the other side I have digged up an older project of me, where a miner could be completely supplied via a selfmade solarpower solution Wink
So I´ll take an other R1 of me soon to upgrade this and give it a try for a "Green-IT nature-friendly mining solution"  Grin

andY

minibit

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:29:14 AM

I really like your mods  Smiley
Do you have to put more energy into the peltier than into the gekko?   Cheesy
Hi minibit, thanks  Grin!

@Peltier:
yes, thats really an issue ... Undecided
The power consumption is depend on which kind of Peltier-Modul you use..
There are a couple of different sizes, Cooling/Heating power and prices Wink on the market.

I´ve used the most available and inexpensive 40x40 Peltier with 12V and 6A max
It´s hard, ´cause  it´s finally a max. Powerconsumption of ~72 Watts, but as used in my setup and regulated via controller
my Powermeter shows me max ~ 50W for Peltier & Fan together.

But it was only a first try, there are smaller Peltier-Modules with lower consumption (and higher prices Wink) on the market.
Next step will be to try it with a more efficient Module...  Wink

On the other side I have digged up an older project of me, where a miner could be completely supplied via a selfmade solarpower solution Wink
So I´ll take an other R1 of me soon to upgrade this and give it a try for a "Green-IT nature-friendly mining solution"  Grin

andY

Cool  Smiley
Yeah they look really expensive. Conrad has some, but maybe they are cheap quality?
So the cooling capacity of a peltier element is the difference between the hot and cool sites? Say, if my Peltier has a temperature diffeence of 60° C, that's the cooling capacity?
I'm new to peltier  Wink

I like the idea of a mini solar array. For a single Gekko or R1 it's not that expensive. But the learning potential is huge.
andymanone

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:46:30 AM

Cool  Smiley
Yeah they look really expensive. Conrad has some, but maybe they are cheap quality?
So the cooling capacity of a peltier element is the difference between the hot and cool sites? Say, if my Peltier has a temperature diffeence of 60° C, that's the cooling capacity?
I'm new to peltier  Wink

I like the idea of a mini solar array. For a single Gekko or R1 it's not that expensive. But the learning potential is huge.

@Cooling-Temp: Yes you´re right Smiley.
In a easy way you can say, it´s the max possible Temp difference between both module sides...

@Solar: ohh, thats not a big thing Wink.
Not too much to learn for Wink.
I´ll post asap the solution, pictures and HowTo´s...
If you´re interested in DIY, i´ll help you of course  Wink.

andY

zOU

Activity: 728

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:34:31 PM

here's my setup:

6 compac sticks in a BFL 30Ghs enclosure
3 sticks per heatsink
1 superbpag switch
1 fan controller + 2 temp sensors

I will probably remove the right hand side cover so I can slide the right fan further away, I'll add a wire grill Smiley

minibit

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:40:50 PM

here's my setup:

6 compac sticks in a BFL 30Ghs enclosure
3 sticks per heatsink
1 superbpag switch
1 fan controller + 2 temp sensors

I will probably remove the right hand side cover so I can slide the right fan further away, I'll add a wire grill Smiley

I like your custom heatsinks very much!

Oh man, you have a superbpag hub! I'm looking for such a hub for weeks now, but no shop will ship them to my country!  Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: