Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ¤¤¤¤ gekkorun.de - Gekkoscience Fun-Run - compare your share ¤¤¤¤  (Read 63613 times)
andymanone

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Save the past & use the future ©

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:12:45 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 01:47:57 PM by andymanone

I don't bother with a hub. I have just taken a USB extension lead and cut into the 5V supply to the Miner and connected a separate 5V PSU. That way you can supply as many Amps as you want.

Next move is to make a small resistor change to the miner to allow the Core Voltage to be increased above 0.8V and then we are onward and upward to 500MHz.  Grin

Rich

I did it nearly the same way...

I soldered an Power connector for my 5V/10A supply directly on the Gekko PCB (see picture below) and insert an diode in the 5V+ Line from PC-USB cable (to prevent a backflow from PS to PC)..

Running now at 450MHz Wink

It takes about 20 ~ 21 Watts

andY

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:15:00 PM

i wonder if there is a brand of hub out there with an easy trace pattern on the board that can be cut and have a 6 pin pci-e socket soldered to it.
that way you can plug in an psu and have up 150w

suppose you can make something, im not quite that good with crafting electronics on a breakout board. but its most likely doable?

If you want to use a hub I would just buy the cheapest USB 2 hub you can find and cut the 5V trace & inject your own 5V. I have a couple that I randomly bought off ebay and both of them have an easily found and cuttable track in them.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
RichBC

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:03:41 AM

The sustained higher Frequency makes it to Number One.  Grin

Rich

or not :p

Yes RichBC G1 did good in the last Round, but seems to be dragging it's heels in this one. I must get round to squeezing up a bit in frequency, but need to change a resistor value and want to fit a multiturn Pot for more control over the Core Voltage first. My 5V supply and Cooling should take a bit more, but may also then need to change the inductor?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
zOU

Activity: 728

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

I think that could be useful:

5V 60A:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/AC110-220V-TO-DC-5V-12V-24V-48V-Switch-Power-Supply-Driver-Adapter-For-LED-Strip-/361489672408?var=&hash=item542a76a8d8:m:mcsI3uSWMkf5ilLNvxKna0w

zOU

Activity: 728

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:39:33 PM

I moved my 6 stick to my RPI.
I had to use a cheap USB2 hub as bridge as the superbpag 7 ports doesn't work directly on the RPI (I thought it would)

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3521

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:55:21 PM

I really like your mods  Smiley
Hey andy, can you say how much energy do you have to put into the peltier element? Is this power efficient?
Do you have to put more energy into the peltier than into the gekko?   Cheesy

i have a peltier waiting for my compac, with several variants.

i expect to kill a compac (ill sent it to sidehack for an autopsy and of course pay for it)

ill try for early june when im on vacation. ill keep y'all posted. it will probably be entertaining.
andymanone

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:37:43 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 08:33:02 PM by andymanone

I really like your mods  Smiley
Hey andy, can you say how much energy do you have to put into the peltier element? Is this power efficient?
Do you have to put more energy into the peltier than into the gekko?   Cheesy

i have a peltier waiting for my compac, with several variants.

i expect to kill a compac (ill sent it to sidehack for an autopsy and of course pay for it)

ill try for early june when im on vacation. ill keep y'all posted. it will probably be entertaining.
Hey, sounds great Smiley!

I got my Antrouter R1 (also based like the Gekko on a single BM1384) running @475MHz with a peltier solution too Wink,

If you are interested in, here you´ll find some closer informations about: My Peltier-cooled R1 Mod

Btw, today I reached 487.5MHz and ~26,5 GH/s Smiley

Little Update 05/19/16: running now with 500MHz @ ~ 27,66GH/s Wink

andY

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3521

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:28:16 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1411813.msg14764686#msg14764686

shiny!

I will of course try to beat that. two compacs may expire with (hopefully) somewhat noble deaths For The Cause.

my 2 two original compacs i will keep, one will go to a friend who is interested in btc and sidehacks compacs are the only thing i will recommend. he, as I, know full well the heat death of the universe will likely precede a block with them but hey ya know hehehe
andymanone

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:50:51 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1411813.msg14764686#msg14764686

shiny!

I will of course try to beat that.

two compacs may expire with (hopefully) somewhat noble deaths For The Cause.

my 2 two original compacs i will keep, one will go to a friend who is interested in btc and sidehacks compacs are the only thing i will recommend. he, as I, know full well the heat death of the universe will likely precede a block with them but hey ya know hehehe
Okay great, I´m ready fo the battle Grin.

andY

jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:31:11 PM

Can you use a compac stick with an antrouter as the controller as you can the U3?
If so, I will consider getting one when finances are good.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:19:11 PM

Can you use a compac stick with an antrouter as the controller as you can the U3?

I used my R1 as a gecko controller and it worked until I cranked up the freq. My R1 hasn't been the same since  Sad

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:26:15 PM

You can use it as a controller but I don't know if it provides enough power to the stick.  Might need a powered hub plugged into the ant.
andymanone

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:41:21 PM

You can use it as a controller but I don't know if it provides enough power to the stick.  Might need a powered hub plugged into the ant.
Yes, Mike,
you´re right!
The R1 doesn´t provide enough power for a overclocked Gekko ...

andY

RichBC

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:58:30 PM

Yes, Mike,
you´re right!
The R1 doesn´t provide enough power for a overclocked Gekko ...

andY

Even with external Power I have now stopped using my R1 as a Controller as above 300MHz I have had problems with keeping it running, wheras with cgminer on a PC everything fine up to 425MHz and I think will go higher once I up the Core Voltage.

My miner RichBC G1 offline at the moment as I am away from home & had to take the PC with me..... But.... I will be back next Week and we will be moving onward & upward.  Smiley

Rich

andymanone

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:08:25 AM

Even with external Power I have now stopped using my R1 as a Controller as above 300MHz I have had problems with keeping it running, wheras with cgminer on a PC everything fine up to 425MHz and I think will go higher once I up the Core Voltage.

Rich
Hi Rich, I´ve removed sucessfully the Vcore limit yesterday Smiley!
Now I increased it up to 0.900V Smiley
and it´s possible to reach higher values..

Btw., got my R1 running @500MHz Wink

Cheers,
andY

RichBC

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:20:20 AM

Rich
Hi Rich, I´ve removed sucessfully the Vcore limit yesterday Smiley!
Now I increased it up to 0.900V Smiley
and it´s possible to reach higher values..

Btw., got my R1 running @500MHz Wink

Cheers,
andY

Very Nice. I will go back to my R1 once I have the Compac sorted. Which resistor did you change on the Compac to up the Vcore Voltage?

One thing I am finding with the Compac is that it seems a bit fussy about starting hashing, sometimes have to go through multiple plugs & unplugs and restarts of cgminer. However once it's going will run for days without a hitch?

Rich

Rich

andymanone

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:58:08 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 12:56:12 PM by andymanone

Very Nice. I will go back to my R1 once I have the Compac sorted. Which resistor did you change on the Compac to up the Vcore Voltage?
The onboard 10k pot goes from ground in chain with a ~10k resistor to the TPS51219 voltage regulator.
alle what you have to do is to remove the 10k res and replace it with a 17k or 20k resistor Smiley.

Here a pic, which resistor you have to remove/replace:

One thing I am finding with the Compac is that it seems a bit fussy about starting hashing, sometimes have to go through multiple plugs & unplugs and restarts of cgminer. However once it's going will run for days without a hitch.
Rich
Same things happens to me  Sad!!
The problem seem to be, that vcore drops down for a moment after starting cgminer...
In the most cases, the vcore vary after start and than it goes to zero.
I have to plug out and in, and fiddle around with the vcore value and after a lot of unplugs an replugs
it begins to hash.

But when it runs, than it´s perfect, stable and w/o any probs!
No zombie or other issues...

Little Hint: to prevent overheating of TPS 51219, I've added an small Alu-Cooler on the backside.

andY

RichBC

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 02:41:15 PM

andY thanks for the info, and glad it's not just me getting things running. Yes I also see the Vcore drop to zero and never recovers from the without help. I assume that some sort of current limit is tripped in the 51219? I think it has various different modes it can be set in but need to read the data sheet. Will retry at lower frequencies and see if it's frequency / current draw related, which I suspect it is?

I am sure I read somewhere about cgminer ramping in some way to prevent this problem?

Yes had wondered about some additional heatsinking so will add something when I find time for a play.

Rich

andymanone

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:04:01 PM

andY thanks for the info, and glad it's not just me getting things running. Yes I also see the Vcore drop to zero and never recovers from the without help. I assume that some sort of current limit is tripped in the 51219? I think it has various different modes it can be set in but need to read the data sheet. Will retry at lower frequencies and see if it's frequency / current draw related, which I suspect it is?

I am sure I read somewhere about cgminer ramping in some way to prevent this problem?

Yes had wondered about some additional heatsinking so will add something when I find time for a play.

Rich

-> Here is the TPS51219 Datasheet

@current limit:
Yes I think, thats the problem...

If there is a way to solve it with a cgminer ramping, that would be great!

andY

RichBC

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:25:34 PM

Here is the reference to ramping that I had seen.

########################################

I (novak) have written a cgminer driver which enumerates the compacs as expected, removes the error, and ramps up the clock slowly to prevent spikes on USB power.  My custom cgminer can be found here:
source code: gekkoscience.com/misc/cgminer-gekko.tar.gz
win32 binary: gekkoscience.com/misc/cgminer-gekko-win32.zip

novak

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: