Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:04:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: USD vs BTC  (Read 121109 times)
cryptoshark_

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:39:48 PM

Can't be Compared. USD is fiat and is used as a function of money in general.Bitcoin mostly as online payment as well as PayPal and others.
yop, not really compareable..
ivar

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:52:28 AM

is bitcoin more popular than US Dollar ?
It depends on the environment that we're talking about,
If we're talking about reality absolutely the dollar is the most popular money of all but at the level of the virtual world I think the bitcoin dominates !

But the virtual world users are also the people that's from the "reality" that you call. We all know dollars because we all know USA. Bitcoin is something that might be a "thing" on the Internet but dollars is still the leading currency here. Just take a look at how many transactions are happening in Paypal alone. That's a lot more than bitcoin. People are obsessed with using their bank account, their debit/credit card, and you use Paypal for that.
Yes, yes i am totally agree with you, in fact, I mixed the reality and the dreams with the future of BTC,
However, my words may one day take place !
ivar

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:05:17 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 01:15:26 AM by ivar

If we're talking about reality absolutely the dollar is the most popular money of all but at the level of the virtual world I think the bitcoin dominates !
No dear Bitcoin is not more popular than US Dollar, because not more people aware about Bitcoin or even they never heard word Bitcoin, but after ransomware attack more people came to know about Bitcoin, one day may be Bitcoin in lead.
I doubt that the ransomware attack has given a lot of impact to the world. If anything, it has increased the fear of people about bitcoin. Once they see another bitcoin user, they will be reminded by the hack. Only a couple of people will try to look deeper about bitcoin after facing some fear.
[/quote]

Let me deviate a bit from the speech by asking you if you please explain to me the story of "the ransomware attack", really every day I hear some echo about this last, I read articles and I watched videos without having a clear vision, please help me!
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:19:56 AM

No dear Bitcoin is not more popular than US Dollar, because not more people aware about Bitcoin or even they never heard word Bitcoin, but after ransomware attack more people came to know about Bitcoin, one day may be Bitcoin in lead.
I doubt that the ransomware attack has given a lot of impact to the world. If anything, it has increased the fear of people about bitcoin. Once they see another bitcoin user, they will be reminded by the hack. Only a couple of people will try to look deeper about bitcoin after facing some fear.

Let me deviate a bit from the speech by asking you if you please explain to me the story of "the ransomware attack", really every day I hear some echo about this last, I read articles and I watched videos without having a clear vision, please help me!

I really wouldn't blame you for not understanding what was the ransomware attack because there's not that much people that you can talk to about it. There are some "tech savvy" guys out there that pretend what's going on and they act like they are all familiar about the attack but don't even use bitcoin or encrypt their files. The ransomware attack has encrypted[1] the files of users (Windows operating system) and you will see a message saying that you have to deposit bitcoins to the given address before they give you the decryption key. It has happened worldwide and was on the local and international news so no wonder why everyone talked about it.

[1] Meaning: You can't use your files unless you decrypt it with the right key. Encrypted files are basically like files that have password that you have to put.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

ivar

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:07:06 AM

I really wouldn't blame you for not understanding what was the ransomware attack because there's not that much people that you can talk to about it. There are some "tech savvy" guys out there that pretend what's going on and they act like they are all familiar about the attack but don't even use bitcoin or encrypt their files. The ransomware attack has encrypted[1] the files of users (Windows operating system) and you will see a message saying that you have to deposit bitcoins to the given address before they give you the decryption key. It has happened worldwide and was on the local and international news so no wonder why everyone talked about it.

[1] Meaning: You can't use your files unless you decrypt it with the right key. Encrypted files are basically like files that have password that you have to put.
Thank you infinitely, I really understood the story and I also understood why no one talks about this story !!
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:43:53 AM

Of course the USD is more popular with bitcoin because the bitcoin is just created in 2009 so in my opinion the USD will be always more popular because all the people now it because it is a paper money and bitcoin cannot surpass the fiat with popularity because that is the medium of exchange in the real world.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:34:17 AM

For yes bitcoin is more familiar than USD in terms of investment and trading bitcoin is more popular than USD. Bitcoin today is more familiar currency today in all over the world because of an internet access and many investors invest and people wants invest in bitcoin and earn profit. They know that they have a future in bitcoin and this the reason why they investing in bitcoin. Bitcoin has a future and you can earn a good profit. The bitcoin is succeed and still currency in the future. Bitcoin is still popular currency and it increases the value that's why this is more popular than USD.
Yes, the dollar and bitcoin might have similarities but it is also different on so many levels. Using bitcoin people can always earn money through investing. While dollar is just an income and is not a good source for investments. The value of bitcoin quickly increases making it perfect for investments.

Digital world will be slowly moving toward adopting bitcoins for all kind of deals. This way dollars sooner or later will get replaced for sure. We are heading toward the era of everything in this world to be prices in BTC. How good it would be !
SkyjetCrew

Activity: 94
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:41:13 AM

Bitcoin can not be more popular than the dollar, because it exists only on the Internet. Many have not even heard of him and do not know what to do with him.

samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:44:42 AM

I think no, more people used dollar than bitcoin and bitcoin has a small user, maybe in the future! Why I said this, because more countries legalise as their currency the bitcoin, its a good sign for the future of bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:17:14 PM

For yes bitcoin is more familiar than USD in terms of investment and trading bitcoin is more popular than USD. Bitcoin today is more familiar currency today in all over the world because of an internet access and many investors invest and people wants invest in bitcoin and earn profit. They know that they have a future in bitcoin and this the reason why they investing in bitcoin. Bitcoin has a future and you can earn a good profit. The bitcoin is succeed and still currency in the future. Bitcoin is still popular currency and it increases the value that's why this is more popular than USD.
That time is near in which bitcoin will replace the US dollar because of its strong demand in the online market. Many people have already transferred their income to bitcoin. It is also due to the fact that once you get/achieve a bitcoin, you without doing anything, the value of your bitcoin will surge up in coming months which is the thing we cannot expect with dollars. Bitcoins must be the clear winner against dollars in many aspects.
merlyn22

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

i love my family

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:49:15 PM

That time is near in which bitcoin will replace the US dollar because of its strong demand in the online market. Many people have already transferred their income to bitcoin. It is also due to the fact that once you get/achieve a bitcoin, you without doing anything, the value of your bitcoin will surge up in coming months which is the thing we cannot expect with dollars. Bitcoins must be the clear winner against dollars in many aspects.
Seriously?
How can you earn bitcoin without doing anything? Can you enlighten me because I'd like to be able to do that.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:08:53 AM

Usd is more popular than bitcoin, i think usd have a big impact in the world economy and so far usd already like global currency, than bitcoin i think usd still far past bitcoin
BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:15:47 AM

I do not think bitcoin will become more popular than dollars or other currencies because everyone is familiar with dolar and little bitcoin is known in some underdeveloped countries and bitcoin exists for the next 7 years It is harder to be popular than dolar.
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:02:19 AM

I do not think bitcoin will become more popular than dollars or other currencies because everyone is familiar with dolar and little bitcoin is known in some underdeveloped countries and bitcoin exists for the next 7 years It is harder to be popular than dolar.
Bitcoin is not still big enough to replace USD. It has been praised as working well for everything but it's not meant to replace fiat.
JohnC2389

Activity: 95
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:19:16 AM

I don't think so. As Bitcoin is mostly used by us, Bitcoin users and we are still using USD too so that the number of USD users must be bigger than Bitcoin users'
NathanJB

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:39:45 AM

For now not yet! In the future, may be. But USD is really very powerful as of now. It is the most influential currency in the world. Everyone wants to have some. Anyway, bitcoin doesn't have to compete with USD because it is already a trusted virtual currency. In the virtual world, bitcoin is much respected.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1293

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:18:58 AM

For now not yet! In the future, may be. But USD is really very powerful as of now. It is the most influential currency in the world. Everyone wants to have some. Anyway, bitcoin doesn't have to compete with USD because it is already a trusted virtual currency. In the virtual world, bitcoin is much respected.
I do not even think even in the future bitcoin will surpass the popular of USD, we are only dreaming if we come up with that idea.
Bitcoin is decentralized and it will stay but will not gonna become a legal currency since government cannot control this decentralized system
and we would not want to make that happen as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:43:58 AM

I don't think so. As Bitcoin is mostly used by us, Bitcoin users and we are still using USD too so that the number of USD users must be bigger than Bitcoin users'

Yes we are still using USD and that's why there's a lot of bitcoins users but doesn't compare USD. They are both good, you only need to understand that these two are working together and you need to exchange bitcoin into USD and to your local currency. So there's no need for these crypto to battle.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Questat

Activity: 2856
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:46:31 AM

Yes we are still using USD and that's why there's a lot of bitcoins users but doesn't compare USD. They are both good, you only need to understand that these two are working together and you need to exchange bitcoin into USD and to your local currency. So there's no need for these crypto to battle.
You nailed it bro, you fully understand that bitcoin and USD is different, they don't compete but they supplement on each others
weaknesses. Bitcoin will make transactions faster and it needs USD or fiat in order to run a transaction.

hisuka

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:19:11 AM

Other people here bitcoin is not yet known in my country. Not all currently know about bitcoin here by many, so still dollar are being recognized and easy to understand. Because dollar are used globally thats why it is the main used though bitcoin is being adapted by others.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: