Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:53:01 PM

If bitcoin has a stable price around 1000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 1 $ i think everybody will try to look for another coin to replace bitcoin
Bitcoin actually,so far was 1821$ which can says that can be considered in the stage of stability in terms of bitcoin value. Therefore if that happen  it will be more popular than the situation before. Cheesy
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 03:51:33 PM

When bitcoin is in stable price maybe it will not become popular.Because people are looking for a  much bigger income.
People attrack to an easy money earnings.And have future to be reach their goal.
Maybe people will just ignore bitcoin if the price is constant.
Bitcoin will have low promotion if the price is stable
Honestly it will just shift into a different kind of audience. Right now it is catering the categories of what a trader wants a volatile asset in which they can take profit from. If it becomes stable what will happen will be is that it will have more consumers wanting it as it is a currency in which can buy goods at an accurate price. What I am saying is that when you try to buy with Bitcoin right now you might end up using more or less Bitcoin than needed as it is a volatile currency, which is not too attractive for consumers.
I am also fully confident that Bitcoin will not be strongly quoted in Among the people, because Bitcoin can become a more stable currency and a random one because this currency will be used only as investments and earning real money.
I am also confident that when the price of bitcoin will become stable it will become more and more popular. people will then use btcoin for so many other purposes like transaction of money from one place to another place.

How, though? People are using bitcoins because they know that it's a good investment because of its price. Other than that, people are also using bitcoins to transfer money to another person. If the price of bitcoin is going to be stable, the former wouldn't be achieved anymore so people can only use bitcoins as a currency then.

And since most of us are here because of bitcoin being a good investment, if it stops being that (for no reason, all of a sudden), then people would also stop using bitcoins. Bitcoin is not a strong one when it comes to being just a currency. Removing all the people that bought bitcoins solely for investment would make the price of bitcoin go down to just a couple of dollars (since there are better options now).

Now read your post again

Especially the emphasized parts of it. Basically, at first you make an assumption and then essentially say why this assumption is impossible in practice. If Bitcoin was going to become stable (as per your assumption), Bitcoin's price would be going down (as per your conclusion), thereby it is impossible for the price to remain stable and thus become stable (this is the obvious inference which I made for you). Apart from that, "removing all the people that bought bitcoins" would lead to a dramatic hike in price on its own since by removing all these people (i.e. not allowing them to sell their coins), you effectively shut down the supply of coins to the market (save only for the coins that are being currently mined). As the proverb goes, the sleep of reason produces monsters

grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:24:55 PM

Bitcoins popularity isnt due to its fluctuating prices, Bitcoins is rather popular because it makes anyone who wants to mine get some money out of it and does what makes it popular but its rising prices doesnt hurt though.

Flyyyy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:28:29 PM

Bitcoins popularity isnt due to its fluctuating prices, Bitcoins is rather popular because it makes anyone who wants to mine get some money out of it and does what makes it popular but its rising prices doesnt hurt though.

Bitcoin is popular for a variety of reasons. And one of the reasons is price fluctuations. Due to this bitcoin is very popular with traders. They earn a lot of money on this

Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:31:38 PM

Depending on in what price bitcoins will stop growing an get stucked on,if it hets stuck and stable in a low price expect bitcoin being dead or bitcoin being abandon by users because of lost of money into it,but if it will be stable at high price no doubt bitcoins will be still alive
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:38:36 PM

I think no. Because we all invest in bitcoin knowing the future prospects and nothing else. If I know that the price of a particular currency is going to be stable, I would not be interested in investing much. Probably a small amount will be invested to support the downfall of other investments. However, the bigger chunk of money would go to the one which has a great future prospect.

I think the dynamic pricing of bitcoin and huge future prospects make bitcoin the best and most popular crypto currency. If the price starts falling down constantly, then people would not take much time to switch to a different currency with better prospect.

You are saying the view of an investor / trader.  But try to comprehend the view of merchants.  As stated when price of bitcoin become stable, it will only shift audience and continue to be popular.  YOu may not be interested in a stable price, but I do like stable price and I will get more interested with it to use as mode pf payment to my store.  
chain_chain

Activity: 65
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:21:29 PM

I think no. Because we all invest in bitcoin knowing the future prospects and nothing else. If I know that the price of a particular currency is going to be stable, I would not be interested in investing much. Probably a small amount will be invested to support the downfall of other investments. However, the bigger chunk of money would go to the one which has a great future prospect.

I think the dynamic pricing of bitcoin and huge future prospects make bitcoin the best and most popular crypto currency. If the price starts falling down constantly, then people would not take much time to switch to a different currency with better prospect.

But this way we can think about BTC as a money and it can be widely used.
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:53:37 PM

You are saying the view of an investor / trader.  But try to comprehend the view of merchants.  As stated when price of bitcoin become stable, it will only shift audience and continue to be popular.  YOu may not be interested in a stable price, but I do like stable price and I will get more interested with it to use as mode pf payment to my store.  
That is right that the merchants like the stable price. The merchants are the stronger supporters of bitcoin as they if find bitcoin beneficial for themselves then they will stick to it and will give more strength to it while the traders will buy it and will throw to market when they see the price higher. So we have to care for merchants and the merchants like a stable price.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:23:54 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Right now the popularity of bitcoin seems to be tied ti its changing and fluctuating nature but as more people get into bitcoin that is going to change fast since the average user is going to want to just spend his coins.
angusleung168

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 03:34:28 AM

If it had a stable price, the rules of traditional forex would play out and probably have smaller fluctuations. I think it will be since it has built a very good reputation in the world.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:26:15 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think Bitcoin will not be as popular as it is today if it had a stable price to begin with. I believe that its popularity remarkably appreciated because of its suddenness in increase or decrease of value. One time you may realize you have more money than the time when you started investing with Bitcoin, and one time you may realize you have lesser money than the time when you started investing with Bitcoin. It can either go both ways. Its volatility is what makes it attractive to investors.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:37:46 PM

I think Bitcoin will not be as popular as it is today if it had a stable price to begin with. I believe that its popularity remarkably appreciated because of its suddenness in increase or decrease of value. One time you may realize you have more money than the time when you started investing with Bitcoin, and one time you may realize you have lesser money than the time when you started investing with Bitcoin. It can either go both ways. Its volatility is what makes it attractive to investors.
[/quote

From unstable prices we get an advantage, because btc rotation is fast, the more bitcoin purchases, the more transactions. you can buy bitcoin and sell it again 1 minute later, this is what attracts internet users to know bitcoin. And if the bitcoin price is satabil, or just a slight price increase, I guess bitcoin is done, can only use it to buy something and can not resell it. Because I'm sure people are looking for profitable businesses. So let the bitcoin stay in place and let the bitcoin price stay that way.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:07:54 PM

If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.

This is true. Many people dont need bitcoin right now. As the dollar goes down in value every year and bitcion goes up, more people will see the benefits. Especiallg if better updates happen.
cryptomium

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

What ever the price condition of bitcoin is, may it be stable or not, It will still be as popular or probably more popular since the change in high volatility to stable price will add more audience to bitcoin.  Probably some will leave but definitely lots will join in.  That how market works.
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:14:28 PM

Stable or not,bitcoin will still be popular especially to the people who don't have stable jobs.Even people with regular jobs still find it interesting,where they can be properly compensated.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:20:00 PM

Stable or not,bitcoin will still be popular especially to the people who don't have stable jobs.Even people with regular jobs still find it interesting,where they can be properly compensated.

Why people with stable jobs? Those people can barely afford to eat or get a decent apartment. I think you're just saying that because you know a couple of people that went to earning bitcoins full-time instead of looking for a regular job. The reason why they did that is probably because the payrate in their country is much lesser than what they can get from joining bounty campaigns in this forum or from trading.

But the rest of the people that have no stable jobs? They are out there. Grinding, doing all the things that it takes just to get some money. They would literally do anything just to have some money. They can't get a stable job because most of their jobs are labor stuffs (they get paid just as long as their contract).

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

reuschman

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:13:12 AM

there is nothing is stable in the real life, even your life is not stable. so how can a price be stable? whatever the case is bitcoin is getting popular and stronger day by day, it will become a global currency one day.
I am very much optimist person about the bright future of bitcoin.
Intristing

Activity: 227

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:31:27 PM

there is nothing is stable in the real life, even your life is not stable. so how can a price be stable? whatever the case is bitcoin is getting popular and stronger day by day, it will become a global currency one day.

If the bitcoin is very stable in price, like the gold, then many people will use it as a currency.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:33:52 PM

If the bitcoin is very stable in price, like the gold, then many people will use it as a currency.
Well, therefore, I do not like Bitcoin to become a kind of currency and hope that the prices of Bitcoin keep going up and up so that I can earn more money from it
vok-wok_hok

Activity: 184

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:05:51 PM

No, the stability of bitcoin will not bring him the same popularity as gold. Bitcoin is becoming popular only because of the rapid price increase, and stability will deter investors.

Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: